1. Post #1
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    Okay first off I'm sorry if this is a question thread if it is just please move it but I don't think I'll get any advice from fast threads apart from "fuck it n post picks plox"

So basically, I use my phone as a mp3 player and to do that with normal headphones I have to buy a seperate jack to plug it into the phone so that they will work.

My fucktard friend decided to spear tackle me for no reason today at lunch and it's broken off inside the actual part the jack plugs into the phone and the needle thing is stuck in that cavity.

What do you think is the best way to get it out? My phone still works as a phone, and suprisingly to me it still plays out of the speakers for things like ring tones/alarms/ect.

TL:DR headphone jack is stuck in phone, what is the best method in removing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2

November 2009
    2,618 Posts
    How are me supposed to know better than you? And you are the one that has it in front of you. Try tweezing it, smacking it, and then try taking it apart. As a last resort get a power drill, with a small bit, drill into it, and then without settings it to go reverse, and pressing the button again, just pull out, and it should stay on the end of the bit. It's just a headphone jack, so It's not gonna need a ton of force to get it out, unfortunately it needs a tug, not a push.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    yeah that's the problem

I figured you guys would be more helpful than fast threads anyway. I'd take photos but that wouldn't work, it's so small and buried in there y'know it wouldn't be cool

I didn't rate you dumb there either

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,826 Posts
    Maybe a magnet? How near is it to your HDD? How strongly is it wedged in? Is it gonna take a lot of force to get out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    Try one of those eyeglass screwdrivers that are about 1mm long and are magnetized on the end.

6. Post #6
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,393 Posts
    Go through your parents bathroom for some thin pointed tweezers, use them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,467 Posts
    Something like this

?
    or is it stuck in a more awkward position?

Damn :ninja:

8. Post #8
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    Maybe a magnet? How near is it to your HDD? How strongly is it wedged in? Is it gonna take a lot of force to get out?
    I have a memory card but I guess I could remove it

I'm not really sure how close it is but I don't want to find out

Edited:

Try one of those eyeglass screwdrivers that are about 1mm long and are magnetized on the end.
    You're right, I have one

I just used it to take the back off

I will have a go

Edited:

Something like this

?
    or is it stuck in a more awkward position?

Damn :ninja:
    broke image bro

and I used those tweezers too

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Try a piece of tape if you can manage to fit one in.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,787 Posts
    Any chance you have a tiny drill bit and superglue?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    Any chance you have a tiny drill bit and superglue?
    got both

Edited:

Try a piece of tape if you can manage to fit one in.
    you mean to pry it out, good idea

I'll have a go

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    423 Posts
    Well superglue that bit onto the plug and wait a few seconds then pull it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    Sounds risky but worth a try

not much to lose really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    own-fucking-zone
    April 2009
    4,014 Posts
    I would get a tiny drill and attempt to remove it that way.

Edited:

Sorry Panda already said that, didn't read thread properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts
    Turn off the phone. Put a little bit of lube in there ( butter, oil ) and start turning it and sooner or later it might be able to jank it out.

Oh I don't recommend turning on the phone while it has oil and butter in it's headphone input :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2008
    164 Posts
    Rule 34 on headphone jacks, anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    October 2009
    1,195 Posts
    You still haven't still haven't depicted the position in which it's in.

18. Post #18
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    You still haven't still haven't depicted the position in which it's in.
    It pressed in very tightly into the jack, there's nothing sticking out.

I'd say like 2cm into the phone

The maximum length it has to be in

19. Post #19

October 2009
    313 Posts
    get another jack, add super glue to the end of it, press it up against the remaining part of the broken jack, pull the broken piece out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Jordan Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,949 Posts
    get another jack, add super glue to the end of it, press it up against the remaining part of the broken jack, pull the broken piece out.
    Yeah, I think you should get another jack, add super glue to the end of it, maybe press it up against the remaining part of the broken jack, and possibly pull the broken piece out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,538 Posts
    Take a picture of it with your phone.

Err wait,

Mirror,, er,, nvm.

Get a toothpick and break of the sharp end.
    get some supeclue on the toothpick and let it dry a little.
    Place the glued side of the pick on the broken Jack.
    Wait for it to dry.
    Pull it out.
    Smack your friend with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,186 Posts
    This happened when I broke a plug for video in on my brand new LCD tv. First day and I already had broken something :frown: I used the superglue trick and pulled it out. Just make sure not to get any on the sides of the hole. It will permanently be stuck in there.

23. Post #23
    CISC MASTER RACE.
    January 2008
    5,066 Posts
    If you were me I would just dismantle the phone and use something like a pin to push the broken plug out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,252 Posts
    Hot glue on the end that broke off, hot glue on the other end that broke off, pull. I've done it before.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,430 Posts
    If you don't mind voiding your warranty, take your phone apart and find the headphone piece, there should be holes in there where you can just nudge it out.
    Clock me if it was posted before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,246 Posts
    Hot glue on the end that broke off, hot glue on the other end that broke off, pull. I've done it before.
    I was going to say that. Works great plus hot glue is pretty easy to clean up as well.

27. Post #27
    December 2009
    663 Posts
    Snip.
    Try shaking it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Take the battery cover off and try and get a good idea where it is, then pinpoint your location, Also what phone do you have?

29. Post #29
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    If you were me I would just dismantle the phone and use something like a pin to push the broken plug out.
    If I fuck something up it wouldn't be cool

I'm going to try the superglue trick now