1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,215 Posts
    Wow, Anna Torv is Rupert Murdoch's niece.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #722
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    Tell me the truth guys, is Fringe the only sci-fi being made in the US these days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #723
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    The only one worth watching that I'm aware of.
    There's also Warehouse 13 but it's lite-scifi.

Immensely disappointing that there's such a lack of scifi these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #724
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,240 Posts
    I thought warehouse 13 was made in canada so was Eureka?
    If scifi picks up blood and chrome it might be made in the US.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Well, whatever, I'm just going by what's actually aired here on cable.

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,240 Posts
    funny thing I just remembered last night, the last season of torchwood was filmed in the US.

Edited:

funny thing I just remembered last night, the last season of torchwood was filmed in the US.
    Also cought up with fringe.

7. Post #727
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    Why doesn't Walternate use his old shapeshifters to help, seeing as how he's helping Peter now?

Edited:

The only one worth watching that I'm aware of.
    There's also Warehouse 13 but it's lite-scifi.

Immensely disappointing that there's such a lack of scifi these days.
    Is warehouse 13 Sci-fi ? I thought it was a kids show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #728
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    713 Posts
    It's light-hearted, often silly and doesn't take itself too seriously a lot of the time: but I wouldn't call it a kids show. I think it sort of is for 'everyone'. It's a good fun show in my opinion. I like it.

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,240 Posts
    About the end of the lastest season of Warehouse 13 the new guy's death was pretty intense, not even doctor who has shown something that brutal.

I would say Warehouse 13 has an old adventure show mentality that adults and teens grew up on, which they've threw in a twist here and there to break the idea that everyone is safe to keep people interested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #730
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,260 Posts
    I like Wharehouse 13, but lately, it's just been seeming more and more like eureka. I cannot fucking stand eureka.

11. Post #731
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,706 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #732
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,190 Posts
    I like Wharehouse 13, but lately, it's just been seeming more and more like eureka. I cannot fucking stand eureka.
    This thread is now Warehouse 13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #733
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    Why doesn't Walternate use his old shapeshifters to help, seeing as how he's helping Peter now?

Edited:

In the altered timeline I thought Fringe division hadn't even heard of shapeshifters beyond the latest ones that started showing up, so maybe Walternate never used them?

14. Post #734
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,080 Posts
    Tell me the truth guys, is Fringe the only sci-fi being made in the US these days?
    After season 1, filming moved to Vancouver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,240 Posts
    In the altered timeline I thought Fringe division hadn't even heard of shapeshifters beyond the latest ones that started showing up, so maybe Walternate never used them?
    it was mentioned by walternate that he never created those new ones and stopped

16. Post #736
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    713 Posts
    I've now seen every episode to date - can't wait for it to return. What does everyone think of the progression of the show as a whole? Like what is everyone's favourite series and do you think it has had a peak/dip in quality? My brother thinks the show went bad after Series 2 when the    alternate universe    became quite plot centric. Personally I think the second half of Series 1 and Series 2 as a whole were the best of Fringe while Series 3 was still incredible and 4 has been very good. What's everyone else's view?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Season 3 was the best season, easily.
    With the second half of Season 2 coming in close.

Also, the show is finally back again tonight.

18. Post #738
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    713 Posts
    Looking forward to new episodes - and no more breaks either. Really hope the show gets renewed for the fifth season. They said if it does get cancelled they will finish the story in the form of a comic book - but that doesn't appeal to me at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #739
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Well, that answers that then.

Peter's been in his universe all along, it just bugged out because the Observers attempted to erase him and failed.   

Corny case of the week but the arc aspect was enjoyable,.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,240 Posts
    Then how do parrallel worlds come to be?

21. Post #741
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,706 Posts
    So if    he's home already   , what was up with the whole    "cannot fall in love with the wrong person"    arc?

22. Post #742
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,398 Posts
    Well this is a shitty ending.

Edited:

Well, that answers that then.    Peter's been in his universe all along, it just bugged out because the Observers attempted to erase him and failed.    Corny case of the week but the arc aspect was enjoyable,.
    he never left his universe, just his timeline.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

23. Post #743
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    No, he never left the universe or timeline at all.

When the Observers tried erasing him, they failed and caused the universe itself to glitch out.
    Peter needs to submit a bug report.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #744
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    713 Posts
    So if    he's home already   , what was up with the whole    "cannot fall in love with the wrong person"    arc?
       Peter was just super paranoid after the whole Fauxlivia thing.   

It's good to have Fringe back.

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,284 Posts
    I like how the observer     was in an underground pokeball     the entire time

also the ending made me d'awww

Edited:

It was overshowed by the whole "David Robert Jones" arc.

Did anybody notice how that's David Bowie's real name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    April 2009
    14,398 Posts
    No, he never left the universe or timeline at all. When the Observers tried erasing him, they failed and caused the universe itself to glitch out. Peter needs to submit a bug report.
    I am confused...
    Are they just going to ignore the fact that no one remembers Peter (except Olivia)?

27. Post #747
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    As I said, the Observers broke the universe by attempting to erase Peter from existence and failing.

28. Post #748
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    713 Posts
    I am confused...
    Are they just going to ignore the fact that no one remembers Peter (except Olivia)?
    I think everyone else is going to start to remember him and there's been hints of it already as Walter has been much more affectionate to him than before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #749
    Supercocks
    September 2010
    8,719 Posts
    Well, that answers that then.

Peter's been in his universe all along, it just bugged out because the Observers attempted to erase him and failed.   

Corny case of the week but the arc aspect was enjoyable,.
    That's the power of love.

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,918 Posts
    I need to catch up on Fringe, I watched all of season one and Most of season 2.

31. Post #751
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    OH MY GOD A MONSTER EPISODE YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #752
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    I think my girlfriend is interested in watching Fringe.

After she finishes Breaking Bad, she said she'll probably try and watch this.

Will she like it?

She's kind of into mind twisting theories, and able to train our brains to use more than 10%, and shit like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,887 Posts
    The theories are not really mind twisting (this is my opinion, others may find that they are), but I think she will like this if she is into the whole humans bending nature to their will and stuff.

It's 2am so excuse me if the sentence doesn't make sense, I think it does.

Edited:

I didn't explain that quite right but that's basically what Fringe is in a nutshell.

34. Post #754
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    That was a god damned cool ep.

But, what the hell are they doing introducing a new arc when they have the threat of cancellation looming over them?
    I hope they know what they're doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #755
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,037 Posts
    That was a god damned cool ep.

But, what the hell are they doing introducing a new arc when they have the threat of cancellation looming over them?
    I hope they know what they're doing.
    I don't think it's a new arc as such, just a new element to the    David Robert Jones    arc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,240 Posts
    meta arc

Edited:

lol, I was curious was the final episode while the wiki page was loading, "lol is it called endgame" guess what, the season finale is called endgame. Probably won't finish everything, but I think well get some good stuff.

37. Post #757
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    713 Posts
    In the end scene    with all the cages - it was cool to see some of the creatures from previous seasons. Notably the large worm from Snakehead and the hybrid from Unleashed.    Cool episode, really hope the show doesn't get cancelled - it's really back in it's prime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #758
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Welp.
       RIP bLincoln   

What a shame, we barely get any action from the the Otherside and when we finally do,    they kill someone off.   

39. Post #759
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,037 Posts
    That was a great episode.
       Pity about alt-Lincoln though. I always really liked his character   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #760
    April 2009
    14,398 Posts
    Poor    AltLincoln... Seriously Lincolns get no love in the Fringe series...   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)