1. Post #801
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,954 Posts
    Wow, you're way better than me at rendering and compositing. Can you show me you're shader network? I assume you're using 2D geometry for the people.
    What? Pretty sure VideoCopilot made that one, like the previous/current ones.

2. Post #802
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,126 Posts
    Oh imagine the episode takes place in the Observers world. From some of the teasers it seems like the episode will deal with Observers, so imagine this episode was based in their world where they have no freedom or anything, which could be what the new intro is about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #803
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,238 Posts
    When you watch American television at home is it in English or Swedish?
    English. We rarely dub international movies or series unless they are aimed towards children.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #804
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    714 Posts
    Wow, you're way better than me at rendering and compositing. Can you show me you're shader network? I assume you're using 2D geometry for the people.
    It's not fan-made, it's actually the official intro of the next episode. It looks awesome, that got me quite excited for it. Perhaps 2036 is the year the Observers are from?

5. Post #805
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    18,013 Posts
    I thought they said that they are from the distant future, 2036 isn't so distant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #806
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    2036 is pretty fucking distant.
    That's 24 years from now.

To put it in perspective, I wasn't even alive 24 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #807
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    "Intro to next ep."
    Uploaded by FoxBroadcasting, aka Fox's official Youtube channel.

What gave you the idea I made that!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #808
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,336 Posts
    Oh imagine the episode takes place in the Observers world. From some of the teasers it seems like the episode will deal with Observers, so imagine this episode was based in their world where they have no freedom or anything, which could be what the new intro is about.
    from the teaser of the next episode it doesn't look like it.
    Though from the first season there was a child looking like that of the observers.

What it looks like is the observes took over to prevent something via oppression to contol all paths in that reality of causing something they didn't like.

9. Post #809
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,126 Posts
    Well they said they have filmed 2 endings for this season, 1 if they get renewed and one if they don't.
    They said the one if they don't answers EVERYTHING from the first season besides one story arc. So it seems like we will actually get big answers to everything. Hope that kid storyline will have an answer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #810
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    "Intro to next ep."
    Uploaded by FoxBroadcasting, aka Fox's official Youtube channel.

What gave you the idea I made that!?
    Couple of things, I hadn't seen it before, to me it doesn't look as pro as the others and it's very ideological.
    Infact, why are they uploading a new intro as preview for the next show, seems odd?

11. Post #811
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    714 Posts
    Infact, why are they uploading a new intro as preview for the next show, seems odd?
    It got me excited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #812
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,336 Posts
    I'm going to bet that,    walter and peter get sent forward in time to help defeat the observers, because walter in the future finds a way to block off all observers by discovering an artifical way of idenifying which person comes from which universe (how Olivia noticed peter), then reverse engineering a device which prevented Mr september from returning and marking all observers with rejection. At the same time in the story there will be a hint to why the observers would take control at that time then just observe everyone like they used to do like prevent the ripp of all realities. Or the observers are that of Jone's and walternat's future work and information from the future was sent back in time to Jones making him do anything to control humanity's evolutionary future away from that possibility including destroying both worlds.   

I could be entirely wrong, so I'm just going to wait and enjoy the episode for what it is. (and I loved the last time jump episode so I'll most likely enjoy this one)

13. Post #813
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    It got me excited.
    I'm not say posting a new intro is a bad idea, I'm just saying I haven't seen it done very often, the only other time I've seen it done was for the Simpsons.

Edited:

What ever happened to Walternate? I like him now that he isn't trying to destroy the other universe.
    What I don't understand is why Olivia shot and at Jones, and didn't shoot his portal machine when he was walking through to the other side. My other question is why can the otherside's fringe division detect Walter's portal but not Jones's , is it because that detector only works within the city?

Well they said they have filmed 2 endings for this season, 1 if they get renewed and one if they don't.
    That's what the "V" writers should have done. Do you think they will release both on DVD if the next season get's cancelled half way through?

14. Post #814
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,126 Posts
    I'm not say posting a new intro is a bad idea, I'm just saying I haven't seen it done very often, the only other time I've seen it done was for the Simpsons.

Edited:

What ever happened to Walternate? I like him now that he isn't trying to destroy the other universe.
    What I don't understand is why Olivia shot and at Jones, and didn't shoot his portal machine when he was walking through to the other side. My other question is why can the otherside's fringe division detect Walter's portal but not Jones's , is it because that detector only works within the city?

That's what the "V" writers should have done. Do you think they will release both on DVD if the next season get's cancelled half way through?
    I say they will release two. If the series gets cancelled they are finishing it as a comic

15. Post #815
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts

Edited:

16. Post #816
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    714 Posts
    Fringe has done it before for special episodes, such as the 1984 retro intro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #817
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,954 Posts
    I knew it, as soon as I saw blonde in the preview pictures I knew it was    Olivia's niece   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #818
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    J. Noble on how they introduced the Observers on the set, fun stuff:

"The episode also brings the mysterious Observers into focus again ... this time as mankind's oppressors instead of impartial witnesses or inadvertent saviors. "What we’ll notice in the work around now -- and we’ve already started to notice it -- is the re-emergence of the Observers as critical players," Noble said. "They’ve always been there from the very beginning. The first time we saw an Observer was Episode 1. It wasn’t the pilot; it was episode one. We saw this fellow standing there. At one stage, the director said, 'Make sure you get a shot of that fellow.' And we all thought, 'Who is that?' And as time went on, they kept occurring and sort of ebbed in and out of importance in terms of the show. Now, they come to the forefront as incredibly centrally important. From a viewer’s point of view, I like that idea of the outside threat or the outside force of evil that is beyond our petty relations as human beings between each other. Certainly, we’ve gone down that path. We will continue, I believe. I think if we get a Season 5, we really want to pursue that goal. I’m just speculating, but we’ve certainly gone there at the present.""
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #819
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    That was fucking amazing, my dick was hard throughout the entirety of that episode.
    The ejaculation afterwards was beyond comprehension.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #820
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,820 Posts
    oh god holy shit what did i just watch?

21. Post #821
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    I SPOTTED AN OBSERVER IN THIS EP!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #822
    March 2010
    427 Posts
    Did the episode end when they were on the train? I feel like I got cut off.

23. Post #823
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,336 Posts
    I SPOTTED AN OBSERVER IN THIS EP!
    did you spot the oberver's hat, shoes, coat, and tie as well as the observer with none of those cloathing mentioned?
       last page in the waldo books for the last chapter in fringe.   

24. Post #824
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
       My favourite part was when Walter made made the building vanish with the observer inside. But didn't Doctor Who have a similar story at the end of series 3? I'm talking about the people from the future coming back in time a taking over.     Beside, I figured out that the observers are from the future in series 1 or 2, the gun was a dead give away.
       Was anyone disappointed that Nimoy wasn't unfrozen?   

25. Post #825
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,336 Posts
       some people here don't have a tv or live outside the us getting it two weeks later   

26. Post #826
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
       some people here don't have a tv or live outside the us getting it two weeks later   
    Sorry

27. Post #827
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,567 Posts
       Aww, what a shame, I wanted to see more of William Bell...
    Really interesting stuff though.  

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #828
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
       I think that Belly will return in the Finale (next 2 episodes), probably on the Observer's side though (maybe brainwashed?). Walter vs. William Bell, clash of the titans anyone?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #829
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    703 Posts
    Speechless from the latest episode.

Edited:

I think that Belly will return in the Finale (next 2 episodes), probably on the Observer's side though (maybe brainwashed?). Walter vs. William Bell, clash of the titans anyone?   
       Walter has William Bells hand so maybe he will create a clone?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #830
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts

Edited:

Also...

September says Olivia must die...    never thought it would be William Bell who'd cause it though...   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #831
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,954 Posts

Walter has William Bells hand so maybe he will create a clone?   
    I doubt    Nimoy is coming back to the acting world, he said he left.    He said this before, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #832
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    jesus I started watching this a bit last night, only ending on Season 2 I had no clue what the fuck was going on

I feel so behind D:

33. Post #833
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Also... fully brained Walter is really bloody terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 10Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #834
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,238 Posts
    Really awesome episode and sweet ending.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #835
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,067 Posts
    Great episode, but it kinda makes the rest of the season feel unnecessary.

36. Post #836
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    714 Posts
    Awesome episode - but it feels like we are missing a second part to the 2036 story line. Great episode though.

37. Post #837
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,238 Posts
    Yeah I completely forgot that. We now actually have a Walter with his real brain capacity. Man I remember I was wishing for this moment to come true ever since the episode they talked about his frozen bits of brain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #838
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,238 Posts
    Seems like they're moving towards ending the series?

39. Post #839
    September 2009
    636 Posts
    Awesome episode - but it feels like we are missing a second part to the 2036 story line. Great episode though.
    Without a doubt, Fringe will return to 2036. I doubt they'd bother making a new intro for a single episode, and it did feel very much so like it was incomplete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #840
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    True, but he's a hell of a lot more useful that way.

Edited:

I suppose it's like the 1985 stories.

Edited:

Seems like they're moving towards ending the series?
    God I hope not , it's one of only a few Sci-fi shows left .