1. Post #241
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    I don't think its doing poorly they move to Friday to give new Tv Shows a chance, i guess... But hey nothing better then Fringe on a friday!
    Er, read my post and click the links.
    It's doing very poorly.

2. Post #242

September 2009
    809 Posts
    This show needs more viewers goddammit.

Also, I just got the Season 1 soundtrack, and I must say it's awesome, I was kinda disappointed at first because Michael Giacchino did the music for the pilot only, but Chris Tilton is awesome as well.

Some of the best tracks:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #243
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,181 Posts
    I love this show, i hope it doesn't get canceled. Also new episode tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    Just saw this. I'm glad Peter and Olivia are going out. I thought they would drag that annoying bit out forever.

5. Post #245
    December 2009
    474 Posts
    X-files Clone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

6. Post #246

September 2009
    809 Posts
    werrek posted:
    X-files Clone.
    :frog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #247
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    I haven't watched the series past the first few episodes and as such have deemed it an X-Files clone.
    Oh, okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #248

September 2009
    809 Posts
    Fucking intense episode, things are going to get much worse on this side now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #249
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,886 Posts
    I was hoping for a rift to appear goddamnit

the emotional rift stuff is bullshit

Edited:

preview for next week

10. Post #250
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    713 Posts
    Great episode - love this show!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,181 Posts
    Yeah it was good.

12. Post #252
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,886 Posts
    HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS

Leonard Nimoy is coming back to Fringe!    

link related to spoiler
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    I figured it would happen eventually, what with the talk of him building the soul magnet and the fact that you never actually see him die before the quarantine amber is deployed.

14. Post #254
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Great ep, a nice change of pace,

15. Post #255
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,886 Posts
    Loved the intro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #256
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    Loved the intro
    The intro theme music is so retro and I love it .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,291 Posts
    Just started watching this, i'm suprised that one of the songs from LOST is used here aswell.

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    Loved the intro
    Me, too. I love how the futuristic words in it are things like "personal computing," "genetic engineering," and "invisibility," all of which is done today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Did anyone else really like the music used throughout the ep?
    Also, I wonder if our Walter remembers the experiments done to Olivia? Specifically how to get her travel to the other side?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,329 Posts
    HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS

Leonard Nimoy is coming back to Fringe!    

link related to spoiler
    How they gonna pull that off?

21. Post #261
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,886 Posts
    How they gonna pull that off?
    Well we    didnt see him die   

22. Post #262

September 2009
    809 Posts
    I fucking loved the music in this episode, specially the new version of the alternate universe theme, but sadly we won't be getting a soundtrack anytime soon.
    I mean, they haven't even released the S2 soundtrack yet :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    February 2011
    8 Posts
    I watched series 1 but I'm now too far behind to start...

24. Post #264
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,975 Posts
    I didn't understand the last scene. Who's drawing was that? How did it get there when Peter is in our universe?
    I'm supposed to be asleep now, so I have some problem thinking straight.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,960 Posts
    Well we    didnt see him die   
       We saw him disintegrate opening the portal back to our world. However, a few episodes back, Walter mentioned that Bell believed that the energy a person releases when they die has to go somewhere, and the previews for the next episode show Walter ringing a bell next to Nina, and then asking her if she was Bell, so it is probably safe to assume that Walter is trying to bring back Bell's life force.   

I didn't understand the last scene. Who's drawing was that? How did it get there when Peter is in our universe?
       The drawings are young Olivia's, she went to tell Walter that her father beats her and tells him that she saw the blimps when she crossed over. She turned around after the conversation to see our Walter, and was in fact telling Walternate that her father beat her.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    Walter and Walternate had the same lab in Florida. When young Olivia got scared thinking of her dad beating her, she accidentally crossed over and admitted it to Walternate instead of Walter. That's how Walternate found out about the other universe.

27. Post #267

September 2009
    809 Posts
       Long story short: Olivia told Walternate about this universe's existance.   

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,929 Posts
    Just started watching this, i'm suprised that one of the songs from LOST is used here aswell.
    They're both made by the same people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #269

September 2009
    809 Posts
    Fringe has been downgraded, and likely to be cancelled within the next few months. :smith:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...tsourced/83901

Well, this sucks.

30. Post #270
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    Fringe has been downgraded, and likely to be cancelled within the next few months. :smith:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...tsourced/83901

Well, this sucks.
    I don't get how Burn Notice the "Number one show on TV" which gets about the same amount of views as fringe stays on longer. I mean I love Burn Notice and all, but why does fox want to dump fringe? It gets an average of 5 million views an episode.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,175 Posts
    I don't get how Burn Notice the "Number one show on TV" which gets about the same amount of views as fringe stays on longer. I mean I love Burn Notice and all, but why does fox want to dump fringe? It gets an average of 5 million views an episode.
    I believe it has something to do with what each network is expecting out of their shows. FOX which is one of the big networks has to use all of its time slots more wisely, and as a result they have to have a greater amount of viewers to be happy with the show. USA on the other hand is a smaller network which should have a lower expectation for what constitutes a good show for them.

32. Post #272
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    I believe it has something to do with what each network is expecting out of their shows. FOX which is one of the big networks has to use all of its time slots more wisely, and as a result they have to have a greater amount of viewers to be happy with the show. USA on the other hand is a smaller network which should have a lower expectation for what constitutes a good show for them.
    Well that makes scene, but doesn't American Idol get like 8 million viewers per show. So do they expect fringe to compete with that?

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    Well that makes scene, but doesn't American Idol get like 8 million viewers per show. So do they expect fringe to compete with that?
    Dude, more people vote on the final episode of American Idol each year than vote in the national elections. Fringe can, in no way, compete with that. The thing is that Fox keeps getting incredible Sci-Fi shows and cancelling them early on, like Firefly, because they don't bring in that kind of money. We can't let this happen to Fringe; we have to all buy this season on DVD/Blu-Ray and convince them that they have an audience.

34. Post #274
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    Dude, more people vote on the final episode of American Idol each year than vote in the national elections. Fringe can, in no way, compete with that. The thing is that Fox keeps getting incredible Sci-Fi shows and cancelling them early on, like Firefly, because they don't bring in that kind of money. We can't let this happen to Fringe; we have to all buy this season on DVD/Blu-Ray and convince them that they have an audience.
    I agree, I really don't want this show to go. I enjoy every episode and once the season is out I will get it. Although is it too late? Will getting it make a difference or has fox already made their mind up?

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    I agree, I really don't want this show to go. I enjoy every episode and once the season is out I will get it. Although is it too late? Will getting it make a difference or has fox already made their mind up?
    Remember, this is still speculation, but it is well-founded speculation. Maybe we can start one of those online petitions to peak Fox's interest and go on from there buying stuff having to do with Fringe, really any merchandise would do, especially if Fox makes it. The point is to show that we will spend money on it. Although, after a quick Google, it looks like there is no official merchandise. Oh, well, I'm still buying season 1 on Blu-Ray when I get the chance.

36. Post #276

September 2009
    809 Posts
    Yeah but getting the DVDs won't help, since Fringe is a Warner Bros production, therefore WB would get all the DVD money, while Fox relies entirely on ad revenue.

If we want to save Fringe, the ratings must improve drastically, it's sad but true.

37. Post #277
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    There's a very low probability that the show will be cancelled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #278
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    There's a very low probability that the show will be cancelled.
    I hope you're right :smith:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #279
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,669 Posts
    If it is canceled, another network will probably pick it up. It already has a loyal fanbase and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    I do have to say fox is the network that canceled family guy. Then due to public demand brought it back. So it can't always be judged solely on views and more like what SPESSMEHREN said, a "loyal fanbase".