1. Post #1
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,086 Posts

You've no doubt of course heard of the TV Series called Dexter before, even if you haven't ever watched it. This is, one of the best TV shows I, and a lot of others have watched. Dexter is a show that aims to keep the story moving - every episode will advance the story further without many side stories getting in the way. In the beginning seasons you may see some of Dexter's past, showing how he grew up to be who he is.

But what is the story about you ask? Well, Dexter, the main character (obviously) is a serial killer, with a twist - he only kills those deserving it, such as murders. Interesting, right? But there's also another twist to Dexter - He works with the Police investigating murders as a blood spatter analyst. To add to this, he also tries to maintain a family. As to be expected this leads to Dexter having a busy schedule, which sometimes can lead to suspicion, and mistakes which makes some extremely tense scenes.

If this still doesn't sound interesting to you, some how, you may be intrigued by the way the characters in Dexter are portrayed. Don't get me wrong, some are a little weak and annoying at times, but most are very strong and interesting characters. Dexter is portrayed in an extremely interesting way, where he can sometimes get frustrated if he doesn't kill someone and some other things that I'll let you find out yourself. The "big targets" of Dexter are awesome too. They're all extremely awesome, with some being extremely weird, to some being extremely twisted. All this starts right off the bat from Season 1.

I'd love to say more about the show, but I'd rather you went and watched it for yourself and see how events play out.

Links of Interest (Keep in mind, some of these may have spoilers):
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Wikipedia
    IMDB
    Official Site

Next Season Information

Season 6 Air Date: October 2nd
    Trailers/Promos:

Thank God Promo:

Season 6 Trailer:

Season 6 Behind the Scenes:

If you're not caught up DON'T READ THROUGH THE THREAD! This series can take some quick turns in the story very fast, leading to some surprising spoilers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic x 17Friendly x 6Agree x 6Dumb x 3Winner x 3Late x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,297 Posts
    I like this show, not that I have anything in common with him, but it's a cool show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    20,770 Posts
    I love the show. Though the intro is annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 78Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,884 Posts
    I love the show, I was addicted to the first 2 seasons but the 3rd season kinda lost me, his life isn't as interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Peru Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,507 Posts
    This is quite honestly the only show I watch thoroughly on TV anymore, I love this show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,086 Posts
    I love the show, I was addicted to the first 2 seasons but the 3rd season kinda lost me, his life isn't as interesting.
    The 3rd season was probably the worst in terms of story in my opinion. However it was still very interesting.

I also agree with what was said about the intro, I hate seeing people eat never mind a huge close up of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Best scene:

The show needs more Robo-Doakes like the books.

Also a good scene, spoiler though:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    I don't really remember hearing anything about this show. What network is it on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,288 Posts
    Best thing on TV at the present (I've watched Heroes and Lost religiously and this is just so much better)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,086 Posts
    Best scene:

The show needs more Robo-Doakes like the books.
    Loved that scene, had me laughing so hard. Probably what actually made me want to give the show a chance. Doakes is awesome.

Edited:

I don't really remember hearing anything about this show. What network is it on?
    Currently it's on its break.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,162 Posts
    I have seen every episode of this show. It's fucking awesome. The end of season 4 was just like... :aaaaa:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

12. Post #12
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,086 Posts
    I have seen every episode of this show. It's fucking awesome. The end of season 4 was just like... :aaaaa:
       I'm hoping it was a dream.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #13
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Pretty sure it wasn't.

The books have taken a turn toward Dexter training Astor and Cody how to be like him, because they were significantly more fucked up by Paul during the course of the novels. They're probably going to have those same sub-plots with his son.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Mains sexually confused champions in LoL.
    June 2006
    1,267 Posts
    Just began watching season 2 of it, my friend recommended Dexter. He did told me there a huge cliffhanger. And the new season comes out in September. A very long wait. :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,086 Posts
    Just began watching season 2 of it, my friend recommended Dexter. He did told me there a huge cliffhanger. And the new season comes out in September. A very long wait. :ohdear:
    Huge indeed. You're best watching them quick, and trying to stay away from anywhere that the spoiler could lurk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,048 Posts
    How long's the break. Can't wait to see what happens after the 4th season.

Dammit. Ninjas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,288 Posts
    If I were you I'd watch up to the end of S3 then stop until nearer September. I told a lot of friends to do that, but non of them listened. They all regret it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #18
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,086 Posts
    If I were you I'd watch up to the end of S3 then stop until nearer September. I told a lot of friends to do that, but non of them listened. They all regret it!
    But then there's more chance in him running across a spoiler.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,162 Posts
    I want Season 5 to start.... When is it supposed to begin airing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

20. Post #20
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,086 Posts
    I want Season 5 to start.... When is it supposed to begin airing?
    Someone already mentioned September.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,162 Posts
    Oh.... Thanks then...

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,831 Posts
    When I saw the title I was really expecting Dexter's Laboratory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    M_B
    Also a fellow SHART fangirl
    September 2005
    17,426 Posts
    cancer

Edited:

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,571 Posts
    I love the show. Though the intro is annoying.
    The intro is one of my favorites on any show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2009
    2,018 Posts
    I've been watching this show lately. Really like it.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,295 Posts

best scene from any show on TV. Dexter is such a clever fucker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

27. Post #27
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,297 Posts
    Awesome scene, I was like "wwwwhhhhhaaaat"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 22Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,571 Posts

best scene from any show on TV. Dexter is such a clever fucker
    One of my favorites from all the seasons definitely.

29. Post #29
    November 2007
    1,018 Posts
    There's a little too much Desperate Housewives going on at the moment in my oppinion.
    The first and the second season was awesome though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    735 Posts
    Just finished watching Season 4

Rita gets killed :(    

Don't click the spoiler, it's fucking huge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    35,178 Posts
    I've watched all 4 seasons so far and I can't fucking wait for season 5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,515 Posts
    My friend got me hooked on this, I've watched the first two seasons though only just started the third.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,162 Posts
    Was the acting bad or purpose? I don't get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    174 Posts
    hate watching good tv series always get so depressed when they end :emo:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,086 Posts
    He's imagining it so it's a bit over the top on purpose.

By the way, does anyone else think that sister of his is way to emotional. Every time they start talking about the family or anything related to her she starts crying and being all 'look at me I can act'. I hate that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2005
    6,297 Posts
    End of season 4 was awesome, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Edited:

With his son and all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

38. Post #38
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    It's a dream sequence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,162 Posts
    It's a dream sequence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,390 Posts
    Good show.