1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,797 Posts
    I liked Series 2. Dexter wasn't so much retarded Sociopath as he was Mastermind Serial killer. Lundy was awesome too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    May 2008
    1,135 Posts
    great show, micheal c. hall is excellent in this, but imho six feet under was a MUCH better show than this is, and micheal c hall was better in it too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    863 Posts
    Just finished the last season.. my god I watching for like 10 hours straight.. Amazing show
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,573 Posts
    Was the acting bad or purpose? I don't get it.
    Purpose, definitely. You gotta watch the other episodes. It really makes sense and the "joking/funny" scenario feel is there.

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    829 Posts
    Just began watching season 2 of it, my friend recommended Dexter. He did told me there a huge cliffhanger. And the new season comes out in September. A very long wait. :ohdear:
    woa, you're already on season 2?

I'll give you a minor spoiler... Someone dies. :O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,171 Posts
    Purpose, definitely. You gotta watch the other episodes. It really makes sense and the "joking/funny" scenario feel is there.
    Well I've seen the entire show, every season. It was kind a dumb question now that I think about it.

7. Post #47
    July 2008
    373 Posts
    Really good show. But I'm probably gonna skip all the Deb relationship bullshit in Season 5. Starting to tire of new boyfriends every few episodes.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    4,165 Posts
    Cool show, the last season finale was the biggest shocker I've ever seen on TV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,573 Posts
    Really good show. But I'm probably gonna skip all the Deb relationship bullshit in Season 5. Starting to tire of new boyfriends every few episodes.
    What are you talking about. That's how her character is supposed to be. If she was secure with herself and had the perfect boyfriend from the start season 4 never would have been possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    December 2009
    1,498 Posts
    "In the Land of Predators, the Lion Never Fears the Jackal"

My favorite quote from the whole series. God damn pedophiles.

11. Post #51
    July 2008
    373 Posts
    What are you talking about. That's how her character is supposed to be. If she was secure with herself and had the perfect boyfriend from the start season 4 never would have been possible.
    I don't hate her or completely hate her relationships, but I'd find the relationships more interesting if she slowed down a bit.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,431 Posts
    I love this show because it finally gave me something to talk about the next day with my friends.

Every single day I'd walk in third hour and someone would go "Oh my god bro what the hell trinity aaaaa" And we'd squeal like little girls because we couldn't wait for next weeks episode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

13. Post #53
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    I don't hate her or completely hate her relationships, but I'd find the relationships more interesting if she slowed down a bit.
    The whole point of the relationships is to show her character. She isn't SUPPOSED to be the type of person who holds a relationship, that's just who she is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,025 Posts

Lithgows acting was amazing in this season, but I always can't get it out of my mind that he's the goofy alien leader from 3rd Rock from the Sun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts

Lithgows acting was amazing in this season, but I always can't get it out of my mind that he's the goofy alien leader from 3rd Rock from the Sun.
    SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT. SHUT UP, CUNT.

caps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    161 Posts
    This show is fucking awesome, too bad waiting for season 5 will be a long fucking wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

17. Post #57
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,972 Posts
    Awesome show.

Who do you guys think    killed Reta?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,405 Posts
    Awesome show.

Who's    Reta   ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

19. Post #59
    "TL;DR" is not an acceptable response to this post.
    May 2005
    1,459 Posts
    THIS, SO MUCH.

I'm the only person in my group of mates that used to watch that show ALL the time, so no one could ever relate. He really is a fantastic actor!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,972 Posts
    Who's    Reta   ?
    His wife.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,168 Posts
    Awesome show.

Trinity.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #62
    OMG HALO REACH IM GONNA CUM
    December 2006
    16,615 Posts
    About the end of season 4..

To be honest, I was glad that Rita died. I liked her and everything, but I felt like the show was focusing on the family aspect too much instead of Dexter and his dark passenger. I think now it will be just Dexter and his son, and Rita's kids will head off with their grandparents that took them to the amusement park.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,235 Posts
    I liked the show but as soon as it turned into another "I have to work out who and what I am and my childhood" thing I stopped watching.

I like the episodes where he catches other killers but the ones about him are pretty boring in my opinion. I undrstand that the series needs to be driven by something but it's just not touching me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

24. Post #64
    July 2008
    373 Posts
    Definitely felt weird to see an alien obsessing over a human co-worker turn into a serial killer. Lithgow did a really good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    About the end of season 4..

To be honest, I was glad that Rita died. I liked her and everything, but I felt like the show was focusing on the family aspect too much instead of Dexter and his dark passenger. I think now it will be just Dexter and his son, and Rita's kids will head off with their grandparents that took them to the amusement park.   
    Somebody didn't read the books.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,573 Posts
    Somebody didn't read the books.
    I haven't either. I sorta want to read them and then I sorta don't want to ruin upcoming seasons. I love having no idea what's going to happen and watching it on TV rather than having read the books prior.

FYI guys, no need to spoiler tag stuff through the thread. I think this section will be best kept with only spoiler tags in the OP, past the little introduction for people interested in watching a show/film. Anyone not caught up with a show has been advised to not read through entire threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,299 Posts
    one of my favourite shows ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,697 Posts
       Rita was a MILF and I miss her.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    811 Posts
    by far my favorite show. just finished the 4th season, fucking incredible.

Edited:

I liked the show but as soon as it turned into another "I have to work out who and what I am and my childhood" thing I stopped watching.

I like the episodes where he catches other killers but the ones about him are pretty boring in my opinion. I undrstand that the series needs to be driven by something but it's just not touching me.
    if you didn't watch season 4 you're missing out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    I haven't either. I sorta want to read them and then I sorta don't want to ruin upcoming seasons. I love having no idea what's going to happen and watching it on TV rather than having read the books prior.

FYI guys, no need to spoiler tag stuff through the thread. I think this section will be best kept with only spoiler tags in the OP, past the little introduction for people interested in watching a show/film. Anyone not caught up with a show has been advised to not read through entire threads.
    I was thinking of getting the books, I actually have some of them on Stanza, but when I started reading it, I realized it's almost scene for scene to the show, so it'd be a bit boring to read them, and if I got ahead it'd be boring to watch the show.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,639 Posts
    started watching it 2 weekends ago and i'm half way through the second season now (netflix streaming FTW!)

I love this show!

32. Post #72
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I was thinking of getting the books, I actually have some of them on Stanza, but when I started reading it, I realized it's almost scene for scene to the show, so it'd be a bit boring to read them, and if I got ahead it'd be boring to watch the show.
    I have the first book(I ordered the second yesterday after reading this thread) and the book really diverges a lot from the show. It's the same general plot but it feels like a lot of the characters are completely different(LaGuerta and Dexter seem very different in the book), and the ending is way different than the ending of the first season.

The book also has a lot more humor, some parts I even laughed out loud at.

33. Post #73
    August 2009
    170 Posts
    Best. Show. Ever. Love it so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Jersey Show Events

34. Post #74
    Dennab
    February 2010
    5,925 Posts
    I tried to get into this show because I was hearing so many good things about it, but I don't like the main actor and I don't really like the idea of the show. It feels too serious for me, too. The way it presents itself sounds like something I'd love, but I don't. It seems like my type of show, but it just isn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I tried to get into this show because I was hearing so many good things about it, but I don't like the main actor and I don't really like the idea of the show. It feels too serious for me, too. The way it presents itself sounds like something I'd love, but I don't. It seems like my type of show, but it just isn't.
    I can't see how you think it's too serious. It's a comedy at heart.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,573 Posts
    How can you not like Michael C. Hall. He's an amazing actor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    359 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about it. Read all four, and only the first season holds any similarities to the books.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,535 Posts
    I just finished watching season 4. Finished it in 2 days.

Damn it cliffhangers.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,131 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #80
    May 2008
    1,135 Posts
    How can you not like Michael C. Hall. He's an amazing actor.
    seriously

unfortunately, though, most people recognize him for dexter instead for six feet under, which he was definitely better in.

Regardless, he's amazing in both shows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)