1. Post #2081
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,311 Posts
    im going to vomit everywhere if he turn out to be imaginary

Edited:

quinn and batista getting high was fucking stupid ugghhhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2082
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    The "twist" will probably be that he isn't imaginary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #2083
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,053 Posts
    I'm thinking it's possible that he's real. More than likely he's in his head though.
    This season is shaping up to be damn good though, regardless. That last crime scene was really cool.
    i'll happily eat my words if he's real. it means the writers didnt TOTALLY fuck the season up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #2084
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,234 Posts
    Wow, that    Saw-like trap at the end was unexpected.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #2085
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    rusty, why do you even come into this thread anymore. Negative comment after negative comment. Let's all point out the minor shit parts and complain instead of sit back and enjoy the entertainment these writers are providing us. Jesus Christ man, don't watch the show if it bothers you that much..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2086
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    So how was the last episode? Is it still on a slippery shit slope into a pit of diarrhea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #2087
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    So how was the last episode? Is it still on a slippery shit slope into a pit of diarrhea?
    It was good and bad. We were introduced to yet another character, more subplots (batista and quinn high), but despite that I enjoyed it
    also like Mos Def's character, despite him being religious wacko murderer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

8. Post #2088
    June 2010
    166 Posts
    Looks like that old guy is supposed to respresent an imaginary rolemodel, like Harry is, but the complete opposite influence. Not to exicted about that scenario.

The writers are genius, this season-> episode starts with shitty subplots, then some more shitty subplotes, then some more, ends with an epic crime scene to get you hooked, return to step one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

9. Post #2089
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    I hope he's real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #2090
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    eh, the last episode was better, this one was ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Peru Show Events

11. Post #2091
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Dexter, you have permission to kill LaGuerta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #2092

June 2008
    112 Posts
    the old religious mentor dude is most definitely all in his head, its so obvious
    fuck the new writers, fuck them to hell
    The season is shaping up to be awesome, quit your whining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2093
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    I'm going to be super pissed if Olmos turns out to be imaginary... I'd love to see him and Dexter confront eachother.

But, alas, it's pretty obvious that he is indeed all in Travis' head.

Quinn and Batista getting high was fucking stupid, I was hoping Batista would threaten to arrest Quinn if he lit that joint.

And that thing with Harrison's appendix rupturing? Seriously? No fucking way a kid that old could have his appendix rupture.
    Dumb excuse to just get Dexter closer to God.

Other than those two things, I'd say this ep was better than anything that happened in S5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #2094
    Edward James Olmos you crazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #2095
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,594 Posts
    i'll happily eat my words if he's real. it means the writers didnt TOTALLY fuck the season up.
    i dont know man, i think they are trying some fight club shit. The scene where    Olmos burns himself, reminds me of when Tyler Durden burned Ed Nortons hand.   

this is fucking stupid, i hope they dont pull this shit.

16. Post #2096
    September 2005
    63,053 Posts
    rusty, why do you even come into this thread anymore. Negative comment after negative comment. Let's all point out the minor shit parts and complain instead of sit back and enjoy the entertainment these writers are providing us. Jesus Christ man, don't watch the show if it bothers you that much..
    I keep posting here because I've been a huge fan of Dexter since season 1 first came out, and it's painful watching it deteriorate into the garbage it's become, and I'm pretty sure most other people agree with me. Why can't we talk about the show's grating flaws, as fans of the show?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2097
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    I keep posting here because I've been a huge fan of Dexter since season 1 first came out, and it's painful watching it deteriorate into the garbage it's become, and I'm pretty sure most other people agree with me. Why can't we talk about the show's grating flaws, as fans of the show?
    Because you're not even considering the good things that this season has had, which is annoying. You have to admit that it's a step up from season 5, despite the religious crap, which is not that bad.
    Though I feared that the show would go towards that road when they begun to reveal that it would have to do with god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Peru Show Events

18. Post #2098
    September 2005
    63,053 Posts
    It's a slight step up but it's overall still quite bad, why should I praise the writers when they don't deserve it? (They deserve to be fired and hanged)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #2099
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,036 Posts
    It's a slight step up but it's overall still quite bad, why should I praise the writers when they don't deserve it? (They deserve to be fired and hanged)
    We're not asking you to praise it, we're asking you to have an intelligent discussion about the show and it's plot, characters and even it's flaws, as opposed to constantly saying "WAAAAAAAH THIS SHOW ISN'T AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE!" over and over and over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #2100
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    you can rate me dumb all you want but its not gonna change the fact that you are Buzz Killington when it comes to enjoying this show and discussing the episodes.. I'm also a massive fan of the show since the premiere episode, I've watched each ep weekly as it comes out. watched all the seasons numerous times with the exception of 5. I can admit they dropped the ball on season 5. I got over it. This season is shaping up to be classic dexter.. and in hindsight i understand that season 5 was just dexter healing to get the show back to normal. The writers aren't bad, the show isn't bad, they haven't fucked anything up in this season so far. How can you even call yourself a huge fan of the show when you are just constantly pointing out shit little things for others to dwell on. You're ruining it for others, cause your opinions slowly rub off. Half the shit you've complained about I wouldn't have even picked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2101
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,220 Posts
    I think the episodes have been good so far, dunno what you're all complaining about :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

22. Post #2102
    September 2005
    63,053 Posts
    This season is shaping up to be classic dexter..
    This is where you are so incredibly wrong. It's still so poorly written since season 5 (the same writers aren't gonna start chugging out gold after spewing out so much shit). It's still riddled with cliches, ham fisted dialogue, characters acting out of character or doing something really dumb and counter to good writing. It's as boring a soap opera-y as ever, the only difference is now they realised how much they fucked up season 5's villain, and have tried really super hard to give this season a few 'out there' and 'interesting' scenes, but the truth is that there's nothing subtle about this season, at all. it comes on so strong, and so stupid. it's a hack job on the writers part, there is absolutely no possible way to deny that, other than convince yourself season 5 NEEDED to be bad for Dexter to heal! That's a load of shit, you know as well as anyone dexter could have healed without the season being so fucking awful, that's really awful logic and justification for such a turd of a season that really DID NOT NEED TO BE SO BAD.

season 5+6 writers lynching party is really in order. there's no way you can disagree with that, you'd be dead wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #2103
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    This is where you are so incredibly wrong. It's still so poorly written since season 5 (the same writers aren't gonna start chugging out gold after spewing out so much shit). It's still riddled with cliches, ham fisted dialogue, characters acting out of character or doing something really dumb and counter to good writing. It's as boring a soap opera-y as ever, the only difference is now they realised how much they fucked up season 5's villain, and have tried really super hard to give this season a few 'out there' and 'interesting' scenes, but the truth is that there's nothing subtle about this season, at all. it comes on so strong, and so stupid. it's a hack job on the writers part, there is absolutely no possible way to deny that, other than convince yourself season 5 NEEDED to be bad for Dexter to heal! That's a load of shit, you know as well as anyone dexter could have healed without the season being so fucking awful, that's really awful logic and justification for such a turd of a season that really DID NOT NEED TO BE SO BAD.

season 5+6 writers lynching party is really in order. there's no way you can disagree with that, you'd be dead wrong
    I am aware season 5 was bad.
    Get
    over
    it
    everyone
    else
    for
    fuck
    sake

Did I say it NEEDED to be bad for Dexter to heal? no. Was that probably the writers intention, though? yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #2104
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    So the female cop    just killed the woman by snapping that wire yet she looked as if she couldn't care less...   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2105
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,083 Posts
    Uh I can agree that some of the stuff is dumb like getting high etc but I really don't think the writers need to be hung for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2106
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    So the female cop    just killed the woman by snapping that wire yet she looked as if she couldn't care less...   
    Uh, Deb was pretty horrified that she let that happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

27. Post #2107
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,220 Posts
    Uh, Deb was pretty horrified that she let that happen.
    I think he was referring to the female cop that tripped the wire, not Deb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #2108
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    You have to admit that it's a step up from season 5
    This is like saying you stepped on dog shit, then stepped up onto a curb and onto gum. Gum isn't as bad as shit, but it's still something you don't want, especially when the smell of shit still lingers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2109
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    This is like saying you stepped on dog shit, then stepped up onto a curb and onto gum. Gum isn't as bad as shit, but it's still something you don't want, especially when the smell of shit still lingers.
    Ok, fair enough.
    But so far, this season isn't gum on the middle of the curb, it's shaping to be pretty good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Peru Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #2110
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,594 Posts
    i miss seasons 1-4 where Dexter was the main event and there wasnt so much subplot with other characters. I hate Laguerta and Quin and think they should just stop forcing their plots in our face. It was so much better when they were all compliments to the story like Masuka still is. Its almost like using spices, just enough is just perfect but when you uncap the bottle and throw it all in, then it really ruins it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2111
    October 2011
    17 Posts
    i miss seasons 1-4 where Dexter was the main event and there wasnt so much subplot with other characters. I hate Laguerta and Quin and think they should just stop forcing their plots in our face. It was so much better when they were all compliments to the story like Masuka still is. Its almost like using spices, just enough is just perfect but when you uncap the bottle and throw it all in, then it really ruins it.
    Could not have said it better myself, although its getting better for every episode now.. imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

32. Post #2112
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    I haven't gotten into the series that much. I've seen maybe 3 episodes in total just because I was in the room when my brother was watching it. What would you rate the show? I'd like to get more into it. From what I saw, it was very entertaining.

33. Post #2113
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    season 5 is when he teamed up with that one bitch and    deb caught dexter but let him go without realizing it cause all she saw was dexter's silhouette   ?

Edited:

i'd agree, it was pretty shit. i liked the show when it was all about dexter, when he was the sole main character and it was just his story, everyone else came secondary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

34. Post #2114
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,052 Posts
    Deb letting Dexter go was so pathetic. The writers didn't want to actually do any work, so instead of something that would really change the series we got nothing. Status quo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #2115
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    So I'm 5 episodes into season 2. Just one thing I always wondered. Why did Harry    adopt Dexter and not his brother?   

36. Post #2116
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    His brother was too old and as such bore the full brunt of what he witnessed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #2117
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,320 Posts
    this and every time dexter gets into a problem: GHOST DAD. seriously he's been in every single episode this season
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2118
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,288 Posts
    Professor Gellar is a metaphor for Satan manipulating man (Travis). Calling it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

39. Post #2119
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,594 Posts
    Professor Gellar is a metaphor for Satan manipulating man (Travis). Calling it now.
    well they said he does exist. I really hope its not like he was his dad or guardian and then died just as Harry did and now he is doing what he thinks Gellar thinks is right. That is the worst case scenario for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2120
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    this and every time dexter gets into a problem: GHOST DAD. seriously he's been in every single episode this season
    In order to overcome this obstacle, you must learn to dance, Dexter. I'm sorry I never taught you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)