1. Post #2601
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,446 Posts
    Mourn and move on, Dexter is dead.
    You should take your own advise there, didn't you say you weren't watching this show any more a while back? If that's true why do you come into this thread to repeat yourself every week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2602
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,298 Posts
    Doakes was the metaphor for the quality of the show, not rita.
    Yeah, she was getting to be quite annoying after a while. I thought most people were actually pretty relieved when she was offed, although it didn't affect Dexter as much as most of us would have hoped (with it almost feeling like it's been forgotten in the later seasons).

but they arent related.....
    Still creepy though. If you're raised alongside someone as your sister/brother even though they're not blood related, you still get the awkward feeling of "I can't bang them because I've been raised to not feel sexually attracted to my family so it would feel too much like incest".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #2603
    December 2009
    3,696 Posts
    they mustve been optimistic as fuck about the future of the show to kill off Doakes like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #2604
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    They seem to gravitate towards killing off the most interesting people in the show, I guess since usually they're the "bad" guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2605
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,100 Posts
    I made a mistake to go to the Facebook page to hopefully see posts of criticism. All I found was "Best season of Dexter", "If you don't like this season/if you consider stopping watching Dexter you aren't a true fan" and "Deb and Dexter relationship won't become serious, what are you people thinking?". I won't go there after next episode (in which they most likely confirm this) and read comments about how the writers are geniuses for creating this idea, how it's romantic, deep and how they didn't expect it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

6. Post #2606
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts

oh god what are they doing

what the christ

actually if the counsellor turns out to e evil I will actually kind of respect these writers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2607
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,069 Posts
    Rewatching season 1.
    The difference is massive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

8. Post #2608
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,827 Posts
    kill laguerta
    save the show

Edited:

and make doakes a ghost to dexter
    his opening line would be obvious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #2609
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    kill laguerta
    save the show

Edited:

and make doakes a ghost to dexter
    his opening line would be obvious
    Laguerta get raped...

-> immediate win
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

10. Post #2610
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,134 Posts
    Deb and Counselor will have lesbian make out scene with loads of scissoring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #2611
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    You should take your own advise there, didn't you say you weren't watching this show any more a while back? If that's true why do you come into this thread to repeat yourself every week.
    Because people are slow to catch on, I'm trying to help.

Edited:

Scissor me timbers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #2612
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,446 Posts
    Because people are slow to catch on, I'm trying to help.
    How about letting people form their own opinions instead of shoving your own down their throat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #2613
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,967 Posts
    this just in travis is a ghost it was dexter the whole time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2614
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    How about letting people form their own opinions instead of shoving your own down their throat?
    Because the show will continue to have good ratings and writers and producers will think it's acceptable to air mediocre shit and make millions and laugh all the way to the bank. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there is a lot of absolute garbage on TV so current Dexter must seem like the epitome of television writing to the TV gorging masses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #2615
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,818 Posts
    this just in travis is a ghost it was dexter the whole time
    Everyone is a ghost except Debra and the psychiatrist unravels everything and all the characters disappear.
    Debra season 7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

16. Post #2616
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,446 Posts
    Because the show will continue to have good ratings and writers and producers will think it's acceptable to air mediocre shit and make millions and laugh all the way to the bank. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there is a lot of absolute garbage on TV so current Dexter must seem like the epitome of television writing to the TV gorging masses.
    And bugging people with the same shit on a forum every week is going to change that.

17. Post #2617
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,069 Posts
    Everyone is a ghost except Debra and the psychiatrist unravels everything and all the characters disappear.
    Debra season 7.
    it was all a dream doakes had.
    he wakes up and keeps surprising mothafuckas

Edited:

surprise mothafucka season 7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2618
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,167 Posts
    Laguerta get raped...

-> immediate win
    Wow, seriously?

I do not like LaGuerta in any possible sense, but, really?
    You'd like her character to get raped? You see nothing at all wrong with that?

Edited:

Yeah, she was getting to be quite annoying after a while. I thought most people were actually pretty relieved when she was offed, although it didn't affect Dexter as much as most of us would have hoped (with it almost feeling like it's been forgotten in the later seasons).
    Why was she annoying? Yeah, she got in Dexter's way of his being a serial killer, but - take it from her perspective. He's the father of her child, and ostensibly her two other kids, too. He proposed to her, and they had gotten married. From her POV, it wasn't at all unreasonable to ask him to stop acting like he was a single guy, and disappearing all the time without telling her where he was going. A shitload of Dexter's time was taken up by his going out and killing people (and the detective work it entailed), and she had no idea about it. Plus, he had cheated on her previously, and she thought he was a drug addict. Of course she was going to object to him never being home.

I do think the writers fucked her over, but I certainly wasn't relieved when she was killed. Also, they fact that they haven't mentioned her for about a year and a half is fairly poor form.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #2619
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    i'd watch that, a lot

Edited:

They keep hinting at a dexter-deb relationship, its just going to get awkward and not work at all.
    It's funny since both actors divorced before this season.

Just imagine what assholes the writers are, "hey michael im so sorry you just divorced from your wife. by the way, the only two characters that shouldn't be having a relationship on dexter will, you will have to make out with your ex-wife"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Peru Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

20. Post #2620

November 2010
    488 Posts
    Wow, seriously?

I do not like LaGuerta in any possible sense, but, really?
    You'd like her character to get raped? You see nothing at all wrong with that?
    That is like saying Dexter should stop killing people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

21. Post #2621
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,827 Posts
    Debra season 7.
    wow that's an optimistic view

everyone is a figment of LaGuerta's imagination
    and then the show transforms into a telenovela for the last season, centered around LaGuerta

Edited:

That is like saying Dexter should stop killing people.
    There is a huge difference between saying I hope this things occurs because it will make the show better (LaGuerta dying) and I hope she gets raped because I'm an sexist asshole
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2622
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    I still like my dream inside a snowglobe inside a nightmare hypothesis more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

23. Post #2623
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    And bugging people with the same shit on a forum every week is going to change that.
    If everyone here can be convinced, and they convince their friends and family, sure, it'll help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #2624
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    http://www.tv.com/features/best-of-2011-show/

My gob when Dexter is leading Best Drama
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

25. Post #2625
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,720 Posts
    http://www.tv.com/features/best-of-2011-show/

My gob when Dexter is leading Best Drama
    it would, with all of the subplot drama going around.

26. Post #2626
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Just imagine what assholes the writers are, "hey michael im so sorry you just divorced from your wife. by the way, the only two characters that shouldn't be having a relationship on dexter will, you will have to make out with your ex-wife"
    this won't happen, it fucking can't

if it does then I am abandoning this show, I can tolerate so much but if that happens they have crossed a line, if the show doesn't jump the shark with the bomb subplot it sure as fuck would if that happened

27. Post #2627
    Everything You Do is a Balloon
    March 2007
    1,513 Posts
    So, I'm noticing a pattern...

Season 1 - FUCK YEAH
    Season 2 - Eh..
    Season 3 - Eh..
    Season 4 - FUCK YEAH
    Season 5 - Eh..
    Season 6 - Eh..
    Season 7 - FUCK YEAH?

If this pattern holds trues maybe Season 7 will be amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #2628
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    season 2 was good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

29. Post #2629
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Why can't LaGuerta just die already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #2630
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,827 Posts
    season 2 was good
    lila is vile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2631
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
       but she was killed in a very satisfying way
    unlike laguerta who has been around since season 1 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #2632
    September 2005
    63,967 Posts
    yeah season 2 is great. season 3 was a noticeably lacking compared to the previous two, but by current standards season 3 is a fucking masterpiece
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #2633
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    well to be honest i thought season 3 was good at the time.. my opinions were not swayed by forums back then.. so i missed a lot of the flaws. it was obliviously great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2634
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,446 Posts
    If everyone here can be convinced, and they convince their friends and family, sure, it'll help.
    I don't see how that will make shit writers any better. Shit writers will be shit writers and that's not going to change, and I highly doubt moaning on a forum while thinking you're making peoples personal opinions change will get the writers fired and new ones brought in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2635
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,311 Posts
    I found Lila to be really scary/ugly. Like in a Michael Jackson kind of way. Very pale, skinny and her nose freaked me out. As if she had several surgeries done and I was just waiting for something to fall off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #2636
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,859 Posts
    so how is the season holding up? I stopped watching since episode 4 or something (the episode when    the black guy gets shot and dexter beats up the shooter or whatever   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #2637
    September 2005
    63,967 Posts
    so how is the season holding up? I stopped watching since episode 4 or something (the episode when    the black guy gets shot and dexter beats up the shooter or whatever   
    it keeps getting worse and worse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2638
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    like watching a car crash in slow motion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #2639
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    yeah season 2 is great. season 3 was a noticeably lacking compared to the previous two, but by current standards season 3 is a fucking masterpiece
    I'll fuck you back!

40. Post #2640
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    This show has annoying as fuck females if you think about it.

Rita, S02 Psychopath, LaGuerta, Deborah to a certain extent...

Are the writers anti-female or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)