1. Post #1
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Anybody else interested in this series? I've been trying to catch it whenever I can.

It's been years since there's been a nice sword-and-sorcery fantasy series on TV, so I'm quite interested in this show.

The show's in its second season now, I'm going to try looking for any episodes I missed along the way...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,268 Posts
    Hell yeah I love this show, I've only just begun (sortof) watching it but I'm at episode 11, the one with the odd murders happening and people having others memories.

Zeddicus is like the comical relief of the show (so is Richard kinda) while Kahlan is there for sex appeal.

3. Post #3
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Hell yeah I love this show, I've only just begun (sortof) watching it but I'm at episode 11, the one with the odd murders happening and people having others memories.

Zeddicus is like the comical relief of the show (so is Richard kinda) while Kahlan is there for sex appeal.
    Kahlan is definetley attractive. :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,830 Posts
    The show is good, though they fucked up when they picked their actor for Richard.

The impression I get from the book is that he's a bit of a burly, muscular man. If I recall correctly, the Richard in this show is a bit of a skinny little man.

Also the fact Kahlan isn't the last Confessor kinda goes against a major plotline of the whole book series.

Still, all in all, it's an okay show. Not the best, but, it's okay.

Edited:

Also, Darken Rahl.

Does he play any part in this, and if so, what is his role? Same question for Jagang, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    I did hear that fans of the book series hate the show because it's not faithful to the books...

I never read the books, though, so I'm just enjoying it for the show itself, which is kinda cool.

-Also in regards to the choice of actor: I kinda like that the main character's not burly. Makes him more realistic and relate-able to, in my opinion. (Plus I hate beefcake-looking characters, there's too many of them, especially in action movies and video games nowadays.)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,709 Posts
    I love this show. Season 2 wasn't as great as season 1 so far, but i'm still watching it. Never read the books, thought I hear they are good.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    830 Posts
    The show is good, though they fucked up when they picked their actor for Richard.

The impression I get from the book is that he's a bit of a burly, muscular man. If I recall correctly, the Richard in this show is a bit of a skinny little man.

Also the fact Kahlan isn't the last Confessor kinda goes against a major plotline of the whole book series.

Still, all in all, it's an okay show. Not the best, but, it's okay.

Edited:

Also, Darken Rahl.

Does he play any part in this, and if so, what is his role? Same question for Jagang, too.
    Darken Rahl's role is the same as the books, though he's less active, relying on lackeys to reach his goals (very unlike his character.)

Jagang hasn't shown up, and I dont see how he will. The sisters of the light have not appeared in their role from the book (though they were in one episode, I believe), and yet the stone of tears has been introduced. I can only assume that the entire journey to the palace of the prophets has been scrapped in favor of..god knows what. If that's the case, then Jagang will be stuck in the old world.

This isn't the books you read, let me just say that much.

Edited:

I love this show. Season 2 wasn't as great as season 1 so far, but i'm still watching it. Never read the books, thought I hear they are good.
    I've actually liked season 2 a bit more so far. I probably am just beginning to accept the fact that the books are not being followed.

That and Richard is starting to become more like the character he was in the books.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,941 Posts
    This show is fucking horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    There was a Palace of Prophets thing that happened a few episodes ago...

10. Post #10
    August 2005
    6,830 Posts
    Honestly, I am glad that they are straying away from the book, while keeping a few elements, and largely making up creative alternatives. From the two episodes I've seen, the new elements they're adding flow together very nicely.

That is to say, the story of the show may not be that of the book, but it is still a coherent, flowing story; and a well-written one at that.

If the show was a regurgitation of the book, then it'd actually hold less value to me; I've already read the books, I already know what happens, I already know how it ends.

The way they're taking this show, though, leaves it all wide open. They may follow an event in the book, or they may go a completely new direction; you're unable to tell.

I'll need to give this show some serious consideration.

11. Post #11
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Honestly, I am glad that they are straying away from the book, while keeping a few elements, and largely making up creative alternatives. From the two episodes I've seen, the new elements they're adding flow together very nicely.

That is to say, the story of the show may not be that of the book, but it is still a coherent, flowing story; and a well-written one at that.

If the show was a regurgitation of the book, then it'd actually hold less value to me; I've already read the books, I already know what happens, I already know how it ends.

The way they're taking this show, though, leaves it all wide open. They may follow an event in the book, or they may go a completely new direction; you're unable to tell.

I'll need to give this show some serious consideration.
    Interesting way to put it. Never thought of it that way before...Good way to keep fans of the original stories on their toes, I guess.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    830 Posts
    There was a Palace of Prophets thing that happened a few episodes ago...
    Oh, well, I haven't been watching lately.

13. Post #13
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Oh, and here's Kahlan strapped to a table just because I'm a huge perv.

Mmmmmm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,941 Posts
    They did an ampit stab. Like when you are playing swords with a child.

15. Post #15
    January 2007
    11,268 Posts
    Oh, and here's Kahlan strapped to a table just because I'm a huge perv.

Mmmmmm.
    I hope she doesn't get raped by some elven king.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    They did an ampit stab. Like when you are playing swords with a child.
    I dunno if you realize this, but the armpit is actually a good place to stab someone covered in armor because it's less covered. Stabbing them there would go right through the ribcage and pierce the important internal organs, such as the lungs, ensuring death. On top of that, it's actually quite painful.

I hope she doesn't get raped by some elven king.
    Erm...well...

17. Post #17
    January 2007
    11,268 Posts
    I dunno if you realize this, but the armpit is actually a good place to stab someone covered in armor because it's less covered. Stabbing them there would go right through the ribcage and pierce the important internal organs, such as the lungs, ensuring death. On top of that, it's actually quite painful.

Erm...well...

That's not an elven king, let alone she will not go with a stockholm syndrome in slutty clothing with a huge battleaxe either.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    I didn't really like this series. It seemed really cliched and typical for a fantasy setting. I also felt it was really similar to the British Robin Hood series, but not as good.

19. Post #19
    January 2010
    88 Posts
    I read the entire series. They messed up with the show, though. Given, the show's pretty entertaining, but it's only loosely based on the books, which is a turn-off for me.

Richard's actor is way too short, while in the books he's tall, lean, and muscular.
    Kahlan is a majestic Confessor, not a sex icon.
    Zed should be like Merlin from Disney's rendition of Sword in the Stone.
    Darken Rahl is more of an evil pharoah than a malicious Frenchman.
    Jagang is a Mongol.

The only character they got right: Chase.

Edited:

Also, does the way Terry Goodkind writes his stories make him seem conceited, or is it just me?

20. Post #20
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    That's not an elven king, let alone she will not go with a stockholm syndrome in slutty clothing with a huge battleaxe either.
    Maybe not, but she does get totally crazy and unleashes her blood rage.

...Also...

21. Post #21
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I was considering watching this show

thank you ryu-gi for helping me realize it is creepy fucking rape fetish the tv show
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    I was considering watching this show

thank you ryu-gi for helping me realize it is creepy fucking rape fetish the tv show
    It was a joke. Ha ha, I'm the rape guy, I view the world through rape goggles. The end.

The show is just a nice Fantasy show. That's it.

23. Post #23
    August 2005
    6,830 Posts
    I forgot that Berdine and Raina were lesbians.

:q:

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Not a big fan of this show.

25. Post #25
    July 2009
    2,292 Posts
    Goddamnit I hate this show so much, it doesn't follow the story line at all. Like, you could transcribe the show into a book and you could barely tell the two were related, even if you had read the entire series.

Fuck you Goodkind for selling out your series.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,406 Posts
    I used to watch this show when Saturday night came around, and began to like it. I should start at the beginning.

27. Post #27
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Goddamnit I hate this show so much, it doesn't follow the story line at all. Like, you could transcribe the show into a book and you could barely tell the two were related, even if you had read the entire series.

Fuck you Goodkind for selling out your series.
    I've never read the books, but I'm just considering this one a sort of re-imagining, something that's more of its own story. You think about it that way and it's just fine.

28. Post #28
    July 2009
    2,292 Posts
    I've never read the books, but I'm just considering this one a sort of re-imagining, something that's more of its own story. You think about it that way and it's just fine.
    No, you'd have to read the books to understand how terribly they've twisted and destroyed the plot. if they had stuck to the original story line it would have been a million times better, there is just a ton of political incorrectness, and all the tools in the media would've bitched and whined about it so they had to modify it. However, they've changed it far beyond what was needed and I've washed my hands of it at this point.

29. Post #29
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    Oh, well. I'm still watching this.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,227 Posts
    I think it's pretty good, I just hope it doesn't get cancelled.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,709 Posts
    It got cancelled......
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/...eker-canceled/
    I really liked the show. Maybe Syfy will pick it up in the future?

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,977 Posts
    Ausiello has been wrong before, I hope he is this time too :/

33. Post #33
    Gold Member

August 2007
    3,012 Posts
    Weird, I always thought that the TV version would be terrible, I read the first two books, but then the series got pretty dreary IMO.

34. Post #34
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,205 Posts
    I like this show. Sure those who read the books HATE it. But I like it. Even if it is a crap adaptation, it's the only decent fantasy show around. That, and few shows deal with hope and belief like this show do. It's rather enchanting to watch.

ZEDACAS ZULE ZURANDA FUCKING OWNS

Edited:

The stunt guys are saying that the petitions and emails are actually giving the show a chance at renewal. Bridget says it's gone. Stunt people say theirs a reason their hasn't been an official announcement and we should keep making noise.

All from Twitter.

35. Post #35
    Dennab
    June 2005
    1,879 Posts
    I thought Ryu-Gi was unbanned. I was happy for a second...