1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,839 Posts
    it's fact
    not opinion

this is not open to discussion.
    Don't bother, anything you say is invalid anyways...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    Production wise, RTL is actually the cleanest and least compressed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Does anyone have any high resolution images of some (or all) of Metallica's album covers?

Edited:

Also, if anyone knows where I can get a copy of Demo Magnetic that'd be cool too.

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    Does anyone have any high resolution images of some (or all) of Metallica's album covers?

Edited:

Also, if anyone knows where I can get a copy of Demo Magnetic that'd be cool too.
    Demo Magnetic only came with the Limited Edition box sets of DM i think. I know the making of documentary is on Youtube, and i'm sure you could find the songs on Youtube and use a converter or something?

5. Post #285
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    Don't bother, anything you say is invalid anyways...
    awwwwwwwwwww booohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    anyone that i disagree with on this forum fucking cries to no end. jesus, shut up you little baby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

6. Post #286
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,779 Posts
    This whole post is complete bull shit

Pick vs fingers all comes down to what you like more
    there is no such thing as a better sound
    or easier play style
    it is all preference
    and hit the g and a string at the same time?
    where the fuck is that in Orion?

And actually playing multiple strings can be easier with a pick because you strum. whereas with your fingers, you have to pluck
    Its funny because I said "IMO". And the next poster just showed him the tab where you hit the G and A string.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    855 Posts
    it's fact
    not opinion

this is not open to discussion.
    Best is almost always used in opinions. The only way it wasn't, is if there a limited amount of things you were talking about. Say there were 3 chairs, the first two are crapilly built, and the third is murch more sturdy. Therefore, the third chair is the best by FACT, rather than opinion.

8. Post #288
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,011 Posts
    anyone that i disagree with on this forum fucking cries to no end. jesus, shut up you little baby
    then maybe you should shut the fuck up, then you wouldn't have to read that sort of thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    That's because evry time you state your opinion, you present it as fact and not as opinion, making it look like you think your opinion is superior and worth more than others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #290
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    That's because evry time you state your opinion, you present it as fact and not as opinion, making it look like you think your opinion is superior and worth more than others.
    i'm obviously joking about the other stuff because i'm not an idiot.
    but in the case of RTL being the BEST metallica album, that is fact.

Edited:

then maybe you should shut the fuck up, then you wouldn't have to read that sort of thing
    all I hear from you is QQ.

Edited:

Its funny because I said "IMO". And the next poster just showed him the tab where you hit the G and A string.
    and again, you don't even have to play the intro that way. I opened with that song for a year. I played around 100 shows. I have never played it that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #291
    July 2009
    181 Posts
    i'm obviously joking about the other stuff because i'm not an idiot.
    but in the case of RTL being the BEST metallica album, that is fact.

Edited:

all I hear from you is QQ.

Edited:

and again, you don't even have to play the intro that way. I opened with that song for a year. I played around 100 shows. I have never played it that way.

RTL in my opinion is the best Metallica album. You stating it as a fact is wrong though. And You're obviously playing Orion wrong if you haven't been playing it like that. I don't care about your 100 shows. That just means that you've played it wrong 100 times.

12. Post #292
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    RTL in my opinion is the best Metallica album. You stating it as a fact is wrong though. And You're obviously playing Orion wrong if you haven't been playing it like that. I don't care about your 100 shows. That just means that you've played it wrong 100 times.
    Again, there are two ways to play the intro. Everyone's version is different.
    Now shut the fuck up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,779 Posts
    Now shut the fuck up.
    This whole post is bullshit. There is one way. Thats the way how cliff played it. There are variations of the song out there but there is only one true way how to play it. So how about YOU shut up and stop acting like you know every god damn thing when clearly you don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    This whole post is bullshit. There is one way. Thats the way how cliff played it. There are variations of the song out there but there is only one true way how to play it. So how about YOU shut up and stop acting like you know every god damn thing when clearly you don't.
    Maybe if I was emulating cliff and wanted to be just like him, but who wants to copy someone?

Stop thinking that I want to play it exactly the way he played it. No one has ever noticed that MY version is different. Infact, people love it. You know why? 2 chords aren't played. You really can't tell when I have the fuzz on.

And I'll act however I want. fuck your shit. You obviously haven't been playing music very long if you're gonna sit there and fuckin trip me on 2 chords when famous artists out there have butchered songs and still called them worthy covers.

15. Post #295
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    SickJits, smartest most knowledgeable guy on the internet who can't do anything wrong

16. Post #296
    July 2009
    4,689 Posts
    you can play things differently guys

17. Post #297
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    SickJits, smartest most knowledgeable guy on the internet who can't do anything wrong
    ur got fuckn damned right boyeh

18. Post #298
    July 2009
    222 Posts
    Now shut the fuck up.
    Breaking news world, there are now only two bass players
    Back to you SickJits

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    you can play things differently guys
    Exactly, Newsted proved that quite well with For Whom the Bell Tolls.

20. Post #300
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    Breaking news world, there are now only two bass players
    Back to you SickJits
    wut
    obviously you can play it however you want..i was just sayin

21. Post #301
    July 2009
    4,689 Posts
    It's things like this that make me glad I never really got into Metallica that much

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,839 Posts
    anyone that i disagree with on this forum fucking cries to no end.
    And like the dumb shit you are, you fall right into the trap.

jesus, shut up you little baby
    Do you smell that? It's called irony, and boy, does it smell goooooooooood...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    And like the dumb shit you are, you fall right into the trap.

Do you smell that? It's called irony, and boy, does it smell goooooooooood...
    fight me.

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,839 Posts
    Your gonna have to find me first, bud...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    but who wants to copy someone?

Stop covering Metallica then you stupid bitch.

Stop arguing, he is obviously a troll so just leave him to play the song wrong and leave it alone. Look at his goddamn ban record, he's an idiot, flaming and trolling all the time.

26. Post #306
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    Stop covering Metallica then you stupid bitch.

Stop arguing, he is obviously a troll so just leave him to play the song wrong and leave it alone. Look at his goddamn ban record, he's an idiot, flaming and trolling all the time.
    Covering a song and copying someone are two different things, you stupid bitch.

Covering a song is showing respect for the band that wrote the original and playing it for others to enjoy. Copying someone else is a lack of innovation or a lack of talent in an effort to further yourself.

27. Post #307
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    Going to have to agree with SickJits on this one tbh

When a band covers a song they do it because the like the band and the song, and they want to show that. They do it in their own style, they don't just blatantly copy the original version. I mean, death metal bands cover 70's and 80's rock/metal bands all the time, and the vocals are obviously done differently, but as are the instrumentals.

28. Post #308
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    It's okay, he just wanted to jump on the hate sickjits bandwagon (:q:) and made a post before he thought it out.

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    It's okay, he just wanted to jump on the hate sickjits bandwagon (:q:) and made a post before he thought it out.
    No i have to disagree. If you're going to come in a thread and bitch about how you should or shouldn't play something then you have no right to say that a cover isn't copying or vice versa.

If you cover a band, yes you pay respect, but some bands do it to progress themselves, which you said means they are copying and lack talent.

If i cover a song and change everything about it is it still a cover? By that sense using a chord progression that was used in one song is like covering it when you write another?

The bandwagon is pretty large round here, we don't like idiots who shit threads.

30. Post #310
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    No i have to disagree. If you're going to come in a thread and bitch about how you should or shouldn't play something then you have no right to say that a cover isn't copying or vice versa.

If you cover a band, yes you pay respect, but some bands do it to progress themselves, which you said means they are copying and lack talent.

If i cover a song and change everything about it is it still a cover? By that sense using a chord progression that was used in one song is like covering it when you write another?

The bandwagon is pretty large round here, we don't like idiots who shit threads.
    I didn't come into the thread to bitch about that
    I came in the thread to state RTL is the best tallica album
    What the fuck are you talking about?
    "If i cover a song and change everything about it is it still a cover? By that sense using a chord progression that was used in one song is like covering it when you write another?"
    You know what I changed? The intro. By playing the root instead of the root+octave or whatever the fuck it is. And obviously using a same chord progression that's in another song in your own is not covering it since 1. You'd need to match keys 2. You'd need to match vocals 3. You'd need to match melody/tempo 4. You'd need to match tuning
    actually 1 and 4 are kind of the same but WHATEVER

Just because you use a chord progression does not mean you are covering/copying unless you blatantly know that you are doing so.
    Shut the fuck up, you are wrong.

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    This is silly. It is still a cover if you change the bass line a little, if you just play it like the original that's copying.

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    I came in the thread to state RTL is the best tallica album

Shut the fuck up, you are wrong.
    This is why no one likes you. Opinion does NOT EQUAL Fact

33. Post #313
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,779 Posts
    MoP is my favorite album. Battery, Master of Puppets, The Thing That Should Not Be, Welcome Home, Orion and Leper Messiah are all good songs.

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,279 Posts
    i like sickjits

35. Post #315
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    No...you and 3 other people don't like me. You're just a retard

and why didn't you respond to the rest of my post? Oh right, I outed you for the retard you are

Edited:

i like sickjits
    thnx bby<3

36. Post #316
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,011 Posts
    Did all of this come from me saying that I pick?

37. Post #317
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    Did all of this come from me saying that I pick?
    close

actually yeah it did
    LOL

everyone blame damien quick quick

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    No...you and 3 other people don't like me. You're just a retard

and why didn't you respond to the rest of my post? Oh right, I outed you for the retard you are

Edited:

thnx bby<3
    You didn't "out" shit. You decided the correct way of playing / covering Orion is the only way to play it. You then proceeded to bitch about how your opinion = fact. And you're still flaming and thread shitting. Seriously.

39. Post #319
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    Good god shut up with the arguing, who gives a fuck?

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    Good god shut up with the arguing, who gives a fuck?
    I give a fuck when a guy derails a thread for about a week and continues to flame and troll without any repercussions.