1. Post #441
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,780 Posts
    Metallica is finally come to Australia this year!! There's no way I'm going to miss this!
    If I miss it I will kill myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I'll see you there then!

Or I'll go to your funeral...

What city do you want to see them in? I'm closest to Sydney so that's kinda my only option.

3. Post #443
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,780 Posts
    I'm in Vic so Rod Laver is closest to me. How much is the tickets?

4. Post #444
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    No idea, the start getting sold on May 13, and only the Metclub members get pre-sale info... They play in Sydney on Novermber 10th and Melbourne on November 18th.

Edited:

Do you get a seating choice when you buy the ticket or is that just for the pre-sale ones?

5. Post #445
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    No idea, the start getting sold on May 13, and only the Metclub members get pre-sale info... They play in Sydney on Novermber 10th and Melbourne on November 18th.

Edited:

Do you get a seating choice when you buy the ticket or is that just for the pre-sale ones?
    Seating = :munch:
    Standing =

Get general admission, having been to many concerts, sitting is fucking lame, regardless of if you just want to "enjoy the music". My friend used to say this, and he'd always get seated, but as soon as he stood for a concert he never went back.

That is of course, if you can get standing, it it's all seating for some crazy reason then go ahead, but if you can get General Admission / Standing / Floor / Whatever they call it go for it, you won't regret it.

6. Post #446
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    General admission tends to sell out to the fanclub presales and/or credit presales (namely the American Express ones).

Plus they cost a fuckton for bands like Metallica, so I see why many people stray from going that route.

Even still, I'd say it's worth it if you like the band enough (or the tickets are cheap enough).

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Fuck, I hope they don't cost too much... As I said earlier, they start selling on may 13th. So, I should have about $300AU by then. Getting to Sydney is no problem seeing as it isn't until November.

Edited:

It'll be my first concert ever, so that should be awesome if I can get there.

8. Post #448
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    yeah don't sit it'll kill it

but it'll be expensive. After all, Metallica are a huge band.

It was 90 for Slayer tickets and 60 for Motorhead ones.

Motorhead haven't been but I don't think I'll pay that much. Didn't go to slayer, 90? fuck off

9. Post #449
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    Seated Metallica tickets were 45 in Manchester and Standing for 50 but maybe the Aus promoters might take advantage and jack up prices like in Asia and South America.

Just stay up until the day ticket sales opens and keep phoning the venue or refreshing the online page and you should be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #450
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,011 Posts
    Motorhead haven't been but I don't think I'll pay that much. Didn't go to slayer, 90? fuck off

11. Post #451
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    I might go. It's 10 November, ages away. Although I guess I'll have to get tickets soon, may well sell out quickly

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    It was 90 for Slayer tickets and 60 for Motorhead ones.

90? Isn't that like $135 USD? How many tickets are there?

13. Post #453
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    Dunno, it's probably because they're exclusive after they sold out or something.

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    Dunno, it's probably because they're exclusive after they sold out or something.
    Oh, that would explain it. Costs $40 USD for one ticket to Megadeth/Slayer here. I think it's like $45+ for one Metallica ticket.

15. Post #455
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I think I might get in contact with a few old friends who'll probably go and arrange some transport and whatnot.

My mother thinks I'll get crushed at a 'Tallica concert... It's probably more dangerous at a Justin Cunt concert.

16. Post #456
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,011 Posts
    Yeah, you're not in danger of being trampled by pre-teen girls trying to reach their hero

17. Post #457
    August 2009
    2,067 Posts
    I was supposed to see Motorhead and The Misfits in vegas
    but then The Misfits dropped off the bill and my hopes and dreams were shattered
    but it's ok cause Motorhead played a secret show in costa mesa at the galaxy that I went to and jerry only was there and covered a couple songs
    it was fuckin bad ass

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    I think I might get in contact with a few old friends who'll probably go and arrange some transport and whatnot.

My mother thinks I'll get crushed at a 'Tallica concert... It's probably more dangerous at a Justin Cunt concert.
    Exactly, people at a metal concert actively look out if people are getting smashed about and literally every time i've ever been to a gig people have always helped people out when they fall or when they are in to deep, it's an unspoken thing, pretty cool. Of course you always get the proverbial dick who wants to fly around kicking and punching, throwing drinks and smashing into people who aren't pitting, but they are swiftly dealt with by the crowd, and forced away from other people or over the barriers. Haha.

19. Post #459
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,586 Posts

Brilliant.

20. Post #460
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts

Brilliant.
    They should actually do this live, it would be fantastic.

21. Post #461
    March 2008
    63 Posts
    Dreams of war, dreams of liars, dreams of dragons fire!

And of baked apple pies, yeeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

22. Post #462
    April 2009
    575 Posts
    I have never been to a single concert, and i would love to see Metallica. but i have barely any money so I'll just have to listen to S&M for now.

Well I've been to 7 concerts, but I don't think my brothers school orchestra counts.

23. Post #463
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    I have never been to a single concert, and i would love to see Metallica. but i have barely any money so I'll just have to listen to S&M for now.
    Clock's a-tickin'. Sooner or later they'll just be too old to tour anymore, I'd get on it within the next few years at the latest if I was you.

24. Post #464
    April 2009
    575 Posts
    Clock's a-tickin'. Sooner or later they'll just be too old to tour anymore, I'd get on it within the next few years at the latest if I was you.
    Yea I know! I have to find out where they're playing and when. and how much...and how to get there.... it's hopeless for me.

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Yea I know! I have to find out where they're playing and when. and how much...and how to get there.... it's hopeless for me.
    Just try. They're still going strong but you do NOT want to miss seeing Metallica in your lifetime, trust me.

I can see them going for another 5-10 years easy depending on how they're doing closer to that time.

26. Post #466
    April 2009
    575 Posts
    Just try. They're still going strong but you do NOT want to miss seeing Metallica in your lifetime, trust me.

I can see them going for another 5-10 years easy depending on how they're doing closer to that time.
    Any clue when They'll be touring in the United States again? I can't seem to find anything about that.

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Any clue when They'll be touring in the United States again? I can't seem to find anything about that.
    I'd love to know too, but it'll probably be whenever the next major tour starts up.

28. Post #468
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    I'd love to know too, but it'll probably be whenever the next major tour starts up.
    I reckon two/three more albums and Metallica may well be done. At best 4. If they tour for 2 years supporting each album, spend at least a year writing, that's potentially up to 4 years an album maybe. Considering they are in their 40's now another 2 albums would take them to their 50's on the most part and i think that the touring is already having its effects on James with his voice and his back, and Lars's drumming is not as good as it was and that is being kind. I love Lars but man he cannot play any of the fast songs any more. Dyers Eve and Blackened noticeably, and also alot of double bass parts from newer and older songs songs, alot from AJFA, RTL, DM and KEA are slower or just missed out.

Saying that, i hope someone discovers the fountain of youth and knocks 15 years off them all so we can all rock out for longer.

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I reckon two/three more albums and Metallica may well be done. At best 4. If they tour for 2 years supporting each album, spend at least a year writing, that's potentially up to 4 years an album maybe. Considering they are in their 40's now another 2 albums would take them to their 50's on the most part and i think that the touring is already having its effects on James with his voice and his back, and Lars's drumming is not as good as it was and that is being kind. I love Lars but man he cannot play any of the fast songs any more. Dyers Eve and Blackened noticeably, and also alot of double bass parts from newer and older songs songs, alot from AJFA, RTL, DM and KEA are slower or just missed out.

Saying that, i hope someone discovers the fountain of youth and knocks 15 years off them all so we can all rock out for longer.
    Only 15 years? Why not knock them back 27 years, that way they'll be back in their Kill 'Em All era bodies.

30. Post #470
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    back in their best era

31. Post #471
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    They'd only be young physically, their new music would still be post Load/ReLoad, St Anger and Death Magnetic style.

32. Post #472
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    which is a shame

Kill 'Em All was their best album, imo. MoP RtL, can't really decide which is best after that I'm not really a huge fan. Good, but not great.

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I love all of their albums, but in different ways. Ride the Lightning is definitely my favourite though.

34. Post #474
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,158 Posts
    Quite frankly I think they got, well, boring, after MoP.

also intro to this reminds me A LOT of Call of Ktulu

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Quite frankly I think they got, well, boring, after MoP.

also intro to this reminds me A LOT of Call of Ktulu

It's fairly similar but the only identical part is the arpeggiated first chord (not sure what said chord is) in the measure.

36. Post #476
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    Only 15 years? Why not knock them back 27 years, that way they'll be back in their Kill 'Em All era bodies.
    Yeah i guess, Lars has still got it but only in bursts, i mean it's understandable, the only reason Lombardo for example, can play at such speed still is because they've done less shows than Metallica. Lars has literally been doing this since 83 and we all know about Metallica's heavy touring style of promotion.

Lars 3:30... i still love him

I mean actually looking at it, the whole 3 nights from Mexico 2009 DVD he was really on fire, every song apart from Dyers eve he was blasting away at. Maybe Dyers is his limit, and i don't blame him at all, i can't even play it on the guitar without the timing hurting my brain.

All of those songs and more he nailed, check it out guys. Oh man Fade the 3rd video... LARSSSS IM SORRY I DOUBTED YOU
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,409 Posts
    Hey guys what did I miss

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Hey guys what did I miss
    Hakita's alive!!!!!!

Uh...basically you missed more Metallica love, oh and us getting mad at SickJits I think.
    That's about it.

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,409 Posts
    Hakita's alive!!!!!!

Uh...basically you missed more Metallica love, oh and us getting mad at SickJits I think.
    That's about it.
    I love getting mad to people. Especially if they have 'sick' in their name.

40. Post #480
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,780 Posts
    he came in and tried to be a know it all