1. Post #2881
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,443 Posts
    Metallica has release3d there unreleased songs on a new album Beyond Magnetic!!! Its epic, look it up :D
    Mate, you really thought that a thread about Metallica wouldn't know about an EP they release?

2. Post #2882
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,901 Posts
    Metallica has release3d there unreleased songs on a new album Beyond Magnetic!!! Its epic, look it up :D
    Just a touch late there buddy.

Edited:

So I went to my dad's place yesterday with my brother, and I forgot to bring my Metallica For Whom The Bell Tolls Single to play on his turntable (I don't have one).

ARGHHHHHH

3. Post #2883
    July 2011
    313 Posts
    Where have you been?

4. Post #2884
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Picked this up at a flea market the other day:

actually released in 1986. very interesting. i have an original 84 myself

5. Post #2885
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts

happy metallica new years!

6. Post #2886
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,260 Posts
    actually released in 1986. very interesting. i have an original 84 myself
    Is it the picture disc or the EP?

7. Post #2887
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    it's a 45 rpm single lol, not an EP

8. Post #2888
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,260 Posts
    it's a 45 rpm single lol, not an EP
    Oh sorry, I got the Creeping Death/JUmp in the Fire EP and the Jump in the Fire single mixed up, my bad.

I meant if the single was a picture disc or just a regular 45 vinyl.

9. Post #2889
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

10. Post #2890
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Oh sorry, I got the Creeping Death/JUmp in the Fire EP and the Jump in the Fire single mixed up, my bad.

I meant if the single was a picture disc or just a regular 45 vinyl.
    oh it's just a regular 45 single. the sleeve is actually a tad smaller than most but not by much.

11. Post #2891
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,260 Posts
    oh it's just a regular 45 single. the sleeve is actually a tad smaller than most but not by much.
    Nice, do you have pictures?

12. Post #2892
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    not on me, no.
    just looks like this though

13. Post #2893
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,260 Posts
    not on me, no.
    just looks like this though
    Oh nice, I saw a few of these around eBay.

It's the one with the Music for Nations guy holding a flag on the vinyl label right?

14. Post #2894
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    yeah, it's a close up on him though, not the silhouette like the Creeping Death single

15. Post #2895
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,260 Posts
    yeah, it's a close up on him though, not the silhouette like the Creeping Death single
    Nice, mine only has the fake live version of Phantom Lord on the B-side though, :(.

Do you play it, or are you strictly to collecting? I played mine a few times to see how it ran, which was pretty amazing. I had no plans on cleaning it though, because I have no idea what water would do to a picture disc.

16. Post #2896
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    I have this one in particular
    7. Music For Nations England 1984 third label with barcode no address on back cover (12KUT 105)
    Note: *The third labels are red/yellow and have "made in England" listed on them.
    Edited:

Nice, mine only has the fake live version of Phantom Lord on the B-side though, :(.

Do you play it, or are you strictly to collecting? I played mine a few times to see how it ran, which was pretty amazing. I had no plans on cleaning it though, because I have no idea what water would do to a picture disc.
    yeah the picture disc only has one track on the B side. I played mine once or twice but if I want to hear this album in particular I can just put on kill em all. only reason I'd have to listen to it would be to hear the "rare" fake lives of phantom lord and seek and destroy (which are pretty cool, notably)

I have creeping death as well fyi :SMUG FUCKER:

Edited:

don't use water to clean your record, just take a good rag to it.

17. Post #2897
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,260 Posts
    I have this one in particular

Edited:

yeah the picture disc only has one track on the B side. I played mine once or twice but if I want to hear this album in particular I can just put on kill em all. only reason I'd have to listen to it would be to hear the "rare" fake lives of phantom lord and seek and destroy (which are pretty cool, notably)

I have creeping death as well fyi :SMUG FUCKER:

Edited:

don't use water to clean your record, just take a good rag to it.
    I usually resort to water if it's REALLY dirty, but I usually go with a rag when the record is moderately dirty (Ex: A few fingerprints and some dust on the top).

A damp rag or a dry one?

18. Post #2898
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    the same sort of rag you would use for cleaning your computer screen or something like that. I use wet rags unless there are real SMUDGES on the records, which is very rare.

Edited:

unless you're buying $1 records lol

19. Post #2899
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,260 Posts
    Remember when I was talking about the Creeping Death EP? I actually found a single of Creeping Death with Am I Evil? and Blitzkrieg on it today, got it for $20.00. Will post pictures tomorrow.

20. Post #2900
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    not an EP.
    but yeah that's roughly the price it goes for, and that I got mine for.

21. Post #2901
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    sis had a baby a while back, should i pick this up for the little guy?
    http://www.metallica.com/products/mo...ong-romper.asp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2902
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,476 Posts
    Listened to Lulu on the way to work at 6AM the other day

The atmosphere works wonderfully around that time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #2903
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,083 Posts
    sis had a baby a while back, should i pick this up for the little guy?
    http://www.metallica.com/products/mo...ong-romper.asp
    I'd do it.

Unless she's not a Metallica fan.

Then I'd reconsider.

24. Post #2904
    October 2011
    930 Posts

Haha, this is great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #2905
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,443 Posts
    Is it bad that I actually like that song?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #2906
    December 2011
    128 Posts
    Oh god, can someone please explain this album/bootleg? I remember it being in the metallica discography when my brother downloaded their stuff and I've never heard about it elsewhere.

27. Post #2907
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,443 Posts
    Oh god, can someone please explain this album/bootleg? I remember it being in the metallica discography when my brother downloaded their stuff and I've never heard about it elsewhere.
    I also saw it when my brother downloaded the same discography.
    I just thought it was some album that some other band made that was mistaken for Metallica.
    Never bothered to listen to it.

28. Post #2908
    December 2011
    128 Posts
    I also saw it when my brother downloaded the same discography.
    I just thought it was some album that some other band made that was mistaken for Metallica.
    Never bothered to listen to it.
    It's just a collection of them doing their songs acoustically. Some are live recordings, one or two songs are done on a radio show by request, some are just recovered from the depths of nowhere ie they did a song with some guests including Les Claypool. Shame I deleted it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2909
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,787 Posts
    I don't find it very interesting, theres only a few songs I listen to off it, I find the rest boring.

30. Post #2910
    Willing to pay $100 to pet Hetfield's beard
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #2911
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts

let's all take a moment to relax
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2912
    X-tra is the best user on Facepunch
    August 2009
    1,990 Posts
    Fuck that shit. OF WOLF. AND MAAAAAAAAAN

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #2913
    X-tra is the best user on Facepunch
    August 2009
    1,990 Posts
    "Happy New Year!!! As you know, we generally make it a policy not to comment on gossip or rumors, but we also pride ourselves on being first with 'Tallica news. So, with that said, the more astute of you may have noticed a couple of mentions in trade publications, and most recently in the new issue of Rolling Stone, that a Metallica 3D movie is in the works. We're here to tell you that, yes, there is indeed a 3D project in the very early stages of production! We wish we could tell you more right now, but we don't have all the finer points nailed down just yet. What we can tell you is that we are planning on being in a theatre near you sometime in 2013 and as you hear us say ever so often, this will be the space for all the details as we finalize them.

Welcome to 2012... we're pretty psyched about the year ahead!"

Fresh off 'Tallica.com!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

34. Post #2914
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,901 Posts
    "Happy New Year!!! As you know, we generally make it a policy not to comment on gossip or rumors, but we also pride ourselves on being first with 'Tallica news. So, with that said, the more astute of you may have noticed a couple of mentions in trade publications, and most recently in the new issue of Rolling Stone, that a Metallica 3D movie is in the works. We're here to tell you that, yes, there is indeed a 3D project in the very early stages of production! We wish we could tell you more right now, but we don't have all the finer points nailed down just yet. What we can tell you is that we are planning on being in a theatre near you sometime in 2013 and as you hear us say ever so often, this will be the space for all the details as we finalize them.

Welcome to 2012... we're pretty psyched about the year ahead!"

Fresh off 'Tallica.com!
    I'm not sure how to feel about this....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2915
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    it's not gonna kill you. I bet it will just be a 3d concert. if not, count me interested. I don't care much for theater showings of live performances, or any of Metallica's current live shows at all for that matter.

36. Post #2916
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,960 Posts
    some kind of monster 3D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #2917
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    skom2 yes please

Edited:

some kind of lou reed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2918
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,901 Posts
    it's not gonna kill you. I bet it will just be a 3d concert. if not, count me interested. I don't care much for theater showings of live performances, or any of Metallica's current live shows at all for that matter.
    Yeah, but I find 3d anything gimmicky, especially concerts.

I'm probably gonna go see it anyway,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2919
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I've heard of 3d concert films before but never seen one, seems like an interesting idea. But maybe it'll be a film based on Lulu... Thought I doubt it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2920
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,416 Posts
    I'm curious how it all went down with Reed