1. Post #1121
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,127 Posts
    Which one was it?

2. Post #1122
    January 2009
    1,853 Posts
    I potentially have 4 box seating tickets (in the windowed rooms @ Acer Arena) for sale. Don't ask why, but they're legit tickets, $70 a piece for the show tonight @ 7. Must come to my house (near North Ryde Golf Course) to pay/pick up if interested.

I am 90% sure I will be able to get these tickets. PM if you want in on this.

Edited:

Found people willing to go elsewhere, disregard above

3. Post #1123
    May 2010
    99 Posts
    When I was at a band contest a few months ago, one of the bands announced to play the song Ride the Lightning and when they mentioned how long it was, everyone in the crowd marveled at the length and I just thought: "What? It isn't that long, that's normal."
    Then I realized it was normal for Metallica because all of Metallica's songs are that long

4. Post #1124
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,223 Posts
    Next time play some progressive metal, like Dream Theater. Over half of their songs are over 10 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1125
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,127 Posts
    Yeah, all 8 parts of "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" (the song, not the album) is about 42 minutes long.

6. Post #1126
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    Does anyone have a Metallica tour schedule, and maybe some rough prices on how much tickets cost?

7. Post #1127
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Does anyone have a Metallica tour schedule, and maybe some rough prices on how much tickets cost?
    Almost over, and I remember I paid for "cheap" seats at about $80 per person.

Edited:

Yeah, all 8 parts of "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" (the song, not the album) is about 42 minutes long.
    Exact live runtime is 41:33

8. Post #1128
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,127 Posts
    I looked at their website last night, it says that tickets are sold out, but if you call the venue that you want to see them at you might get lucky, my brother did.

9. Post #1129
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    I looked at their website last night, it says that tickets are sold out, but if you call the venue that you want to see them at you might get lucky, my brother did.
    Or pay a little more for secondhand. People ALWAYS buy out tickets just to sell them at a higher price for big-name bands like Metallica.

10. Post #1130
    Dennab
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    They always introduce Sad But True like that. Mostly because it's the lowest-tuned song they play that people actually LIKE.
    I think it would be pretty cool to see The Unnamed Feeling live.

Edited:

Next time play some progressive metal, like Dream Theater. Over half of their songs are over 10 minutes.
    Me and my band are going to play Rust In Peace... Polaris and Disposable Heroes back to back in early December :ohdear:

11. Post #1131
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    I think it would be pretty cool to see The Unnamed Feeling live.

Edited:

Me and my band are going to play Rust In Peace... Polaris and Disposable Heroes back to back in early December :ohdear:
    Make sure your drummer plays disposable heros to studio. So many people who cover it on youtube fuck up HARD because they decide to play a live version from the 90's to now, or just try to not even play the song how it is supposed to be.

Edited:

It's such a fun song to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1132
    Dennab
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    Make sure your drummer plays disposable heros to studio. So many people who cover it on youtube fuck up HARD because they decide to play a live version from the 90's to now, or just try to not even play the song how it is supposed to be.

Edited:

It's such a fun song to play.
    He is playing it to studio, I just hope he can keep up and play Polaris after.

13. Post #1133
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    Someone is honestly trying to tell me metallica isn't metal (thrash metal)
    Please help me prove them wrong.

They think it's hard rock.

14. Post #1134
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,127 Posts

A lot of the stuff they played on Load/ReLoad and Garage Inc. is definitely hard rock, but pretty much everything else they've ever done is metal, without a doubt. If they can't see that, they're incredibly stupid and probably can't be reasoned with on this matter.

15. Post #1135
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    The people who I've talked to who are into death metal or stuff similar think that Metallica is pretty soft sounding and aren't that metal compared to what they listen to.

16. Post #1136
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    The people who I've talked to who are into death metal or stuff similar think that Metallica is pretty soft sounding and aren't that metal compared to what they listen to.
    That's pretty sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1137
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,905 Posts

They only did 3 thrash albums. Everything after the self titled is hard rock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

18. Post #1138
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,127 Posts
    Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, Death Magnetic.

That looks like 5 to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #1139
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,905 Posts
    I like Death Metal and Metallica. Their later stuff isn't really very metal though. More hard rock. I love their first 3 albums though.

20. Post #1140
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,127 Posts
    I guess when you get into death metal, bands like Metallica start to seem less heavy, so I can understand that point of view, even if I don't share it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1141
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    4 albums before they did self titled

Edited:

I guess when you get into death metal, bands like Metallica start to seem less heavy, so I can understand that point of view, even if I don't share it.
    he's only referring to post black album lol. the first four are clearly metal as fuck
    hard rock is not metal, it doesn't matter how heavy it is. metal is metal

22. Post #1142
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    I hate it when people think 'metal' is synonymous to 'brutal' and so can be measured on a brutality scale

Eg, Death metal is more metal than glam metal

Edited:

If one should get picky, Death metal contains less of the original heavy metal, and more hardcore punk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1143
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,905 Posts

I think this is definitely some of Metallica's best work.

24. Post #1144
    Dennab
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts

I think this is definitely some of Metallica's best work.
    Those aren't even their songs?

25. Post #1145
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    Whoops. I probably should have clarified or worded better.
    They think metallica's first 4 albums was hard rock and the rest rock.

26. Post #1146
    August 2010
    2,209 Posts

Problem Metallica fans?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

27. Post #1147
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    No, not at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #1148
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,905 Posts
    Those aren't even their songs?
    I know. They're by Misfits. I think they're great covers.

29. Post #1149
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    I just stumbled on the Nov 11th setlist in sydney.

That Was Just Your Life
    Cyanide
    Creeping Death
    Harvester Of Sorrow

Fade To Black
    The Memory Remains
    No Remorse

Sad But True
    No Leaf Clover
    Orion

One
    Master Of Puppets
    Battery
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Whiplash
    Seek and Destroy

literally fuck off sydney no one likes you.

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    I just stumbled on the Nov 11th setlist in sydney.

That Was Just Your Life
    Cyanide
    Creeping Death
    Harvester Of Sorrow

Fade To Black
    The Memory Remains
    No Remorse

Sad But True
    No Leaf Clover
    Orion

One
    Master Of Puppets
    Battery
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Whiplash
    Seek and Destroy

literally fuck off sydney no one likes you.
    In before Jack Bryce goes all :smug: on us.
    Lucky bastard.

31. Post #1151
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    Lucky bastard.
    i just noticed he posted it that week, i was away from fp for a while and missed it but bryce, fuck you.

Literally. Just go set yourself on fire because you will never experience anything more awesome in your life.

fucking metallica, rarest thing i got was dyers and lars can't even play it that well anymore.

32. Post #1152
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    i just noticed he posted it that week, i was away from fp for a while and missed it but bryce, fuck you.

Literally. Just go set yourself on fire because you will never experience anything more awesome in your life.

fucking metallica, rarest thing i got was dyers and lars can't even play it that well anymore.
    At least you got it. The rarest song I got was Damage, Inc.
    While it was awesome, come on there are so many better songs.
    Also, this. Biggest rage moment of the night for me.

33. Post #1153
    September 2009
    2,277 Posts

this was what i got when i saw em in july 2009

34. Post #1154
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts

Just throwing this out there, I hope the next awesome concert you go to gives you a heart attack.
    Because almost every song I have yet to see by Metallica that I love is in that setlist.
    Including Fight Fire With Fire.
    You lucky motherfucker.

35. Post #1155
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,127 Posts
    Lucky bastard.
    :smug: HAHAHAHAHA

36. Post #1156
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,750 Posts
    My mate went last night. Lucky asshole got Orion.

37. Post #1157
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    They've really pulled out the stops in Oz. On the 13th they played this

That Was Just Your Life
    Fuel
    Disposable Heroes
    The Thing That Should Not Be
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Leper Messiah
    I Disappear

Sad But True
    Turn The Page
    All Nightmare Long
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Damage, Inc.
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Last Caress
    Trapped Under Ice
    Seek and Destroy

Die

38. Post #1158
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,127 Posts
    They've really pulled out the stops in Oz. On the 13th they played this

That Was Just Your Life
    Fuel
    Disposable Heroes
    The Thing That Should Not Be
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Leper Messiah
    I Disappear

Sad But True
    Turn The Page
    All Nightmare Long
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Damage, Inc.
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Last Caress
    Trapped Under Ice
    Seek and Destroy

Die
    Are you highlighting the best songs on the list, because I think you missed a few, like all the songs you missed, that's a great setlist.

39. Post #1159
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    god I hate leper messiah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #1160
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    Are you highlighting the best songs on the list, because I think you missed a few, like all the songs you missed, that's a great setlist.
    more as such what i percieve to be "rarer songs", the ones that seem to change about alot really such as the first few songs, rotate normally between DM stuff, maybe some rtl but rarely will you see fuel followed by heroes, follow by thing, into sanitarium, leper and i dissapear, and then to see damage aswell later on, that's 6 songs from MoP in one setlist. Your set was fucking unreal for "rarer" songs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)