June 2006
    1,794 Posts
    god I hate leper messiah
    Aww, muffin...

2. Post #1162
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    god I hate leper messiah
    It's terrible played live, but studio is good.

3. Post #1163
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    Seeing Metallica tonight

Praying for Orion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #1164
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,189 Posts
    Bands never come to Scotland unless they're doing a UK tour, it's always England :saddowns:(Although this time I don't think metallica even did England, it was Wales )

By the way how much do metallica tickets cost, round about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1165
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,784 Posts
    Mine was $150 AUS

6. Post #1166
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,189 Posts
    woah that's like over 100 isn't it?

I hate how big bands can charge that much and fill massive venues :argh: it's costing me 75 to go see Roger Waters, just learnt that earlier today. I'm gonna have to either not go, or not go to other bands I wanna see live. I'll probably ditch Periphery. I'm kinda prioritising Roger Waters because it's very likely the last time he'll ever perform. And it's in England so there's extra travel expense and probably staying over night somewhere.

7. Post #1167
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,784 Posts
    Well I was at the very back of the arena. The pit was around $300 I think.

8. Post #1168
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,189 Posts
    Holy shit. Fucking extortion.

Edited:

Were you sitting or standing?

9. Post #1169
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,784 Posts
    Sitting.

10. Post #1170
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    they gotta make their money somehow since no one buys their CDs in anymore
    /music business major

11. Post #1171
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,189 Posts
    I'm sure they have enough money.

12. Post #1172
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I'm sure they have enough money.
    Yeah, that's why they can afford to keep the road crew around when they do their "2 weeks on, 2 weeks off" thing for this tour.

13. Post #1173
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,784 Posts
    I would pay more to see Metallica. The show I went to was one of the best nights of my life.

14. Post #1174
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    Fucking amazing setlist for the last show of the tour :buddy:

FUCKING DISPOSABLE HEROES

That Was Just Your Life
    Fuel
    Disposable Heroes
    The Thing That Should Not Be
    Fade To Black
    Of Wolf And Man
    Leper Messiah
    Sad But True
    The Unforgiven III
    The Call of Ktulu
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Die, Die My Darling
    Trapped Under Ice
    Seek & Destroy
    And they nailed Leper Messiah, which I love but wasn't expecting it to be that great live.

15. Post #1175
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    that is a kickass set besides unforgiven 3 which is absolute shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #1176
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    I liked the Unforgiven 3, it was one of my favorites off the album. Maybe I'm weird.

17. Post #1177
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts

And they nailed Leper Messiah, which I love but wasn't expecting it to be that great live.

What venue

18. Post #1178
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,784 Posts
    Same here its one of my favorite songs

19. Post #1179
    September 2009
    2,277 Posts
    Just throwing this out there, I hope the next awesome concert you go to gives you a heart attack.
    Because almost every song I have yet to see by Metallica that I love is in that setlist.
    Including Fight Fire With Fire.
    You lucky motherfucker.
    I've already been to Carcass, ensiferum, kamelot, messhuggah, ghost brigade, amorphis, dark tranquillity and insomnium since then, and i'm still okay

20. Post #1180
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts

oh my god fuck off

KTULU? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

HEROES? THING? WOLF? LEPER? UNFORGIVEN III? FIGHT?

DIE IN A FIRE RIGHT NOW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #1181
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,794 Posts
    ANGER!!! MISERY!!! YOU'LL SUFFER UNTO ME!!!

22. Post #1182
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    That's a pretty fun song to play drums to. Well then again most metallica songs are. But I just started doing seek and destroy and it's such a workout and it's fun to do what lars does an improvise most of the song.

23. Post #1183
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    woah that's like over 100 isn't it?

I hate how big bands can charge that much and fill massive venues :argh: it's costing me 75 to go see Roger Waters, just learnt that earlier today. I'm gonna have to either not go, or not go to other bands I wanna see live. I'll probably ditch Periphery. I'm kinda prioritising Roger Waters because it's very likely the last time he'll ever perform. And it's in England so there's extra travel expense and probably staying over night somewhere.
    General admission for Roger Waters in the US was about $750.
    The "cheap seats" were $100.

Bigger venues means higher initial expenses and booking fees, so only the biggest bands get to play there, and because of their extra fees and standing in the music world, they get to charge more and still sell said venues. Artists' profit comes from touring and merchandise almost entirely.

Edited:

I've already been to Carcass, ensiferum, kamelot, messhuggah, ghost brigade, amorphis, dark tranquillity and insomnium since then, and i'm still okay
    You saw Kamelot too? Fuck you, man, fuck you.
    I was still on crutches when they came to NYC and I had no feasible way of getting to/from Manhattan at the time. Same goes for Iced Earth.

Edited:

You're lucky AJFA/Blackened/Dyer's Eve weren't in that setlist.
    Otherwise, I just might have to kill you for witnessing something that awesome which I will never get to see.

24. Post #1184
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    Oh yeah something else worth mentioning.
    My related teacher met and jammed with kirk hammet.

25. Post #1185
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Oh yeah something else worth mentioning.
    My related teacher met and jammed with kirk hammet.
    That is pretty god damn awesome, even though there ARE plenty of other guitarists I'd rather jam with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1186
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    You're lucky AJFA/Blackened/Dyer's Eve weren't in that setlist.
    Otherwise, I just might have to kill you for witnessing something that awesome which I will never get to see.
    I was hoping for a little more from Justice, but I am a very happy man :buddy:

27. Post #1187
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    That's a pretty fun song to play drums to. Well then again most metallica songs are. But I just started doing seek and destroy and it's such a workout and it's fun to do what lars does an improvise most of the song.

seek and destroy is one of metallica's easiest/simplest drum songs

28. Post #1188
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,784 Posts
    seek and destroy is one of metallica's easiest/simplest drum songs
    Are you a drummer? And no its not there are a lot more easier songs.

29. Post #1189
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Yeah I am and I guess it might be that hard compared to what, some garbage from Load?

It's incredibly easy. Like "Paranoid" easy. Even the fills are incredibly easy. By far the easiest song to play on Kill 'em All.

30. Post #1190
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Awesome performance of Fade to Black from 1985, there's a slight glitch in the video at about 2:53-2:56, nothing terrible though.

31. Post #1191
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    I still can't bring myself to like Thing that Should not Be. It just seems like such a feeble song compared to everything else on the album.

I still need to learn Orion..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1192
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    Really? It's one of those songs that really sucks you in if you ask me, and the climax at the solo is fucking amazing, really is a perfect musical representation of spiraling into insanity

33. Post #1193
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Yeah if you ask me it's the second best song on the album

Edited:

Play it louder, maybe you'll like it then

34. Post #1194
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    Metallica News posted:
    Errant Beachball Incident
    11/18/2010

In the wacky world of rock'n'roll, sometimes stuff happens which looks even weirder than it really is! And with context being vital in these situations, we just wanted to address something which happened on the tour the other night regarding a large beachball, a band member's foot and a little girl. Some of you will have seen on YouTube (or read in some reports) that Kirk knocked a small child offstage by kicking a beachball at her. That little lady is the daughter of the stage manager and dressing coordinator, who are fortunate to travel as a family on this tour. She was thoroughly enjoying watching the beachballs drop from the rafters, Kirk was thoroughly enjoying kicking the beachballs off the stage and back into the crowd as has been done every night on the tour, and neither of them saw the other. The poor wee one happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. She wasn't hurt. She didn't go "flying several feet into the audience." And Kirk and she remain good buddies. It's very cool that everyone showed concern and support though, so we just wanted to say "it's all good" and thanks for asking.
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #1195
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Yeah old but funny

36. Post #1196
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    Yeah old but funny
    yeah heard it on the radio but I never saw it in here so I thought what the hell

37. Post #1197
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    Yeah if you ask me it's the second best song on the album

Edited:

Play it louder, maybe you'll like it then
    I just find it kinda boring. Truth be told a few of Master of Puppets' tracks do the same to me.. Even though I can listen through the arguably much less listener-friendly ...And Justice for All without skipping a track (though the title track drags somewhat)

I'd rank the tracklist as:

1. Orion
    2. Disposable Heroes/Welcome Home
    3. Damage Inc./Master of Puppets
    4. Battery (even then the song is a letdown after the intro, apart from the post-solo riff)
    5. Leper Messiah
    6. Thing That Should Not Be

38. Post #1198
    July 2010
    384 Posts
    Anyone else love The day that never comes? I love the main riff/tune structure on that one.

39. Post #1199
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    Whenever I listen to Master of Puppets I can't help but fast forward through the slow intros of the later songs in the album like damage inc or orion.

Edited:

for AJFA I only skip during blackened to the point where I can hear the fade in

40. Post #1200
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,189 Posts
    I don't mind MoP particularly amazing but its production feels soft and it's nice, easy and enjoyable to listen to.