1. Post #2161
    April 2011
    1,475 Posts
    god i hate australia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2162
    Willing to pay $100 to pet Hetfield's beard
    July 2011
    1,270 Posts
    They got dem cool setlists. :'(

3. Post #2163
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,621 Posts
    gojira were kickass too.

4. Post #2164
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,149 Posts
    Gojira were fucking amazing

Definitely were a highlight.

Edited:

The Black Dahlia Murder seemed very good from what I could hear but because of those fucking asshole security guards I couldn't get in the tent even though it was half empty. So fucking badly organised, I don't know what they were thinking. Happened with alestorm and Steve-o as well. And the other bigger bands too, I assume Although we were tactical when seeing Kylesa. We came early to catch Turbowolf who were playing the set before and they're a small band so it wasn't crowded, we just hung around until Kylesa came on.

5. Post #2165
    April 2011
    1,475 Posts
    Did the bassist do crazy bass like I posted on your profile?

6. Post #2166
    April 2011
    2,596 Posts
    I seriously wish James could sing in a raspy voice again.

7. Post #2167
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,425 Posts
    I seriously wish James could sing in a raspy voice again.
    Yeah, I'm sure everyone does. Times change though, and you have to appreciate him and the band as they near the age of 50.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2168
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,393 Posts
    In some of the recent performances of Hit the Lights and Whiplash he lets out some pretty KEA-ish screams.

Also on S&M, during One, the way he screams OH PLEASE GOD HELP MEEEEARRRRGHHH is pretty damn raspy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2169
    X-tra is the best user on Facepunch
    August 2009
    1,967 Posts
    Also on S&M, during one, the way he screams OH PLEASE GOD HELP MEEEEARRRRGHHH is pretty damn raspy.
    Yeah but S&M was 12 years ago

Edited:

Huh, now that I listen to it again, the "No, no, no, nooooo" sounds fucking awesome. But James has never really failed on that part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #2170
    July 2011
    1,270 Posts
    Yeah uh, may sound like a dumb question, but did any of you actually faped to their music IRL ?

Because I totaly didn't... yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #2171
    August 2009
    1,967 Posts
    Yeah uh, may sound like a dumb question, but did any of you actually faped to their music IRL ?

What?

12. Post #2172
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    i watched naruto to their music irl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #2173
    August 2009
    1,967 Posts
    i watched naruto to their music irl
    You're doing it wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #2174
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,558 Posts
    Megadeath
    HNNNNNG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #2175
    April 2011
    1,475 Posts
    Saying Megadeath is like saying Metallicker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #2176
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Finding parking for tomorrow is going to be a fucking nightmare...all of the nearby garages are asking for upwards of $40 per car! I've paid less to park in the heart of Manhattan before, what the hell?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #2177
    July 2011
    1,270 Posts
    Don't give me that look.

18. Post #2178
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,815 Posts
    Saying Megadeath is like saying Metallicker
    Metaliquor

19. Post #2179
    August 2009
    1,967 Posts
    Don't give me that look.
    /gives you that look

20. Post #2180
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    You're doing it wrong.
    what is a joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2181
    July 2011
    1,270 Posts
    /gives you that look
    God dammit.

22. Post #2182
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,671 Posts
    Finding parking for tomorrow is going to be a fucking nightmare...all of the nearby garages are asking for upwards of $40 per car! I've paid less to park in the heart of Manhattan before, what the hell?!
    Hey bro, at least you're going.

:smith:

Edited:

Ummm okay.....

23. Post #2183
    August 2009
    1,967 Posts
    what is a joke
    Sorry, it's hard to detect sarcasm through text. And I just assumed, when I saw your avatar, you'd be that kind of person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2184
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Gotta go take care of a couple of small errands, and then off to The Big Four @ Yankee Stadium. Fuck yes.

Will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.
    No video, the zoom on my phone isn't good enough to actually SEE anything unless you're right in front, and I wasn't spending $250 on one ticket just to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #2185
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Sorry, it's hard to detect sarcasm through text. And I just assumed, when I saw your avatar, you'd be that kind of person.
    ):

26. Post #2186
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,671 Posts
    Gotta go take care of a couple of small errands, and then off to The Big Four @ Yankee Stadium. Fuck yes.

Will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.
    No video, the zoom on my phone isn't good enough to actually SEE anything unless you're right in front, and I wasn't spending $250 on one ticket just to do that.
    You do not realize how much i hate you right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2187
    August 2009
    1,967 Posts
    You do not realize how much i hate you right now.
    I think everyone hates him right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2188
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,671 Posts
    I think everyone hates him right now
    Me especially because it's at Yankee Stadium, which is relatively close! (I live about an hour north)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #2189
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,425 Posts
    And I live ~2000 miles away from it :frown:

30. Post #2190
    July 2011
    1,270 Posts
    Welp, at least I've seen them in Quebec this summer. Still, SolidSnake52, you're one lucky motherfucker. You better enjoy every second of the show ! \m/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #2191
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,425 Posts
    Never been to a concert, unless fairs count.Most of them are modern country people though. Wait, the Blue Oyster Cult was here this year and it was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #2192
    July 2011
    1,270 Posts
    Well... you're definitely missing something. From the long wait in crowded lines, the moment they open the gates, all the headbang you do with your friends... it's just an awesome mood.

33. Post #2193
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    OKAY I can't be fucked to upload the pictures until tomorrow but here's a partial setlist ENTIRELY out of order:

OPENING SONG (only one in order, I lied): CREEPING DEATH
    Blackened
    Ride the Lightning
    Fade to Black
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Fuel
    Battery
    Seek And Destroy
    ORION, which was done as a tribute to Cliff
    Master of Puppets
    One
    Cyanide
    All Nightmare Long

There's only a handful of Metallica songs left that I truly, desperately want to hear in person...though, the ones that remain are the ones I want to hear the most.

Edit: I want to say the stadium was about 2/3-3/4 full. Yankee Stadium seats 55,000 people normally, but there were PLENTY of people on the field for this event. So, probably in excess of 30,000 people. I think they even ran out of beer for some of the taps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

34. Post #2194
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,000 Posts
    fuck you america why do you get the best concerts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #2195
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    because we are best country
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #2196
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    fuck you america why do you get the best concerts
    LOL are you kidding me when Metallica played in Nimes, France not too long ago, they practically had the same setlist exceit it also had DYER'S EVE. I think ...And Justice For All was also in it, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.
    I know they didn't play either one tonight though

Edit: Oh look, a complete setlist is already up.
    http://www.metallica.com/tour/sep-14-2011-ny.asp

37. Post #2197
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    they played overkill that's awesome

38. Post #2198
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,393 Posts
    Where's my Four Horsemen :CCC

39. Post #2199
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    and for whom the bell tolls
    what the fuck

40. Post #2200
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    and for whom the bell tolls
    what the fuck
    For Whom The Bell Tolls was played. I was having a hard time remembering because I came home fucking exhausted. I posted a link to the official, complete setlist, too.