1. Post #201
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,687 Posts
    I went to last year's Sonisphere, it's not too pricey if you have a decent enough part time job. I worked a load of nights shifts to go, but i won't go to this years. I'm feeling pretty pissed that they put the Big 4 out in Poland and not in the UK aswell, i really would love to see them all :(
    Don't have one

I totalled up how much a train down there is and back, including tickets and stuff. Came to about 350. Don't have that kind of money to spend, or I would definitely go.

2. Post #202
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    haha, i thought that was what it was

it is die, die my darling

i feel so stupid now
    don't cry tomato baby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    August 2009
    2,062 Posts
    haha, i thought that was what it was

it is die, die my darling

i feel so stupid now
    one of the worst misfit covers of all time. i fucking hate metallica for ruining this song
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    one of the worst misfit covers of all time. i fucking hate metallica for ruining this song
    Yeah well, they weren't playing it for you. They were playing it for the people who were going to like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,031 Posts
    don't cry tomato baby
    :rimshot:

6. Post #206
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    BAWW BAWW METALLICA COVERED A SONG AND I DON'T LIKE IT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT THE WHOLE TIME BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Loads of bands have butchered Iron Maiden, I love Iron Maiden but do you hear me complaining the whole fucking time?

Yes, we know you don't like Metallica's Misfits covers. YOU CAN SHUT UP ABOUT IT NOW.

7. Post #207
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,687 Posts
    The Jonas Brothers covered Aces High

It was a good cover

8. Post #208
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Apparently it wasn't the Jonas Brothers though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    August 2009
    2,062 Posts
    BAWW BAWW METALLICA COVERED A SONG AND I DON'T LIKE IT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT THE WHOLE TIME BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Loads of bands have butchered Iron Maiden, I love Iron Maiden but do you hear me complaining the whole fucking time?

Yes, we know you don't like Metallica's Misfits covers. YOU CAN SHUT UP ABOUT IT NOW.
    HAY LUK AT ME I AM DAMIEN I AM ANNOY AND DONT LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE DID I MENTION I AM METULLHED?

the fuck up, faggot
    this is the first time i've said anythign about it you dick cheese

Edited:

Yeah well, they weren't playing it for you. They were playing it for the people who were going to like it.
    who the fuck is going to like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,687 Posts
    Apparently it wasn't the Jonas Brothers though.
    wat

11. Post #211
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    HAY LUK AT ME I AM DAMIEN I AM ANNOY AND DONT LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE DID I MENTION I AM METULLHED?

the fuck up, faggot
    this is the first time i've said anythign about it you dick cheese
    uh, no it isn't, you've said and complained multiple times in multiple threads

Edited:

I dunno. I read somewhere.

12. Post #212
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,687 Posts

Altohugh the vocals aren't nearly as predominant and it's a slower tempo

Probably because they couldn't keep up with the original tempo :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    what the shit

is one of them using an Explorer?

14. Post #214
    August 2009
    2,062 Posts
    uh, no it isn't, you've said and complained multiple times in multiple threads

Edited:

I dunno. I read somewhere.
    no
    i haven't

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    no
    i haven't
    Rules of the music forum state you are not to enter a thread to say how you dislike the band/material the topic is covering.

"If you don't like the band posted, tell the op why - don't just reply "This band sucks I hate it." - Perfumly - Arts Moderator.

Now carefully explain why you dislike Metallica's cover of Die, Die My Darling, or proceed to Get the fuck out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    who the fuck is going to like that?
    Me and dcalde78 it seems.

17. Post #217
    July 2009
    222 Posts
    I like both versions
    if you want to listen to the misfits version, you should probably listen to it, sick.

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,810 Posts
    I am a heretic. I listen to songs off Load and Reload more often than Kill 'Em All or Ride the Lightning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    I am a heretic. I listen to songs off Load and Reload more often than Kill 'Em All or Ride the Lightning.
    That's not heresy, Load and ReLoad are pretty awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    August 2009
    2,062 Posts
    Rules of the music forum state you are not to enter a thread to say how you dislike the band/material the topic is covering.

"If you don't like the band posted, tell the op why - don't just reply "This band sucks I hate it." - Perfumly - Arts Moderator.

Now carefully explain why you dislike Metallica's cover of Die, Die My Darling, or proceed to Get the fuck out.
    I don't like their cover of die, die because he doesn't pronounce the words correctly, sings it horrible and overplays the guitar riff

FUCK UR SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #221
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    :respek:

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    :respek:
    Yo can i get in on that. :respek::respek:

Started listening to AJFA all the way through again, burning desires to learn all of the songs on there, especially Harvester and Shortest Straw, mean riffs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    Does anyone know what song(s) James uses this guitar for?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    I love reading about stuff that could have made Metallica extremely different if they'd happened/not happened. Apparently even after Kill 'Em All, James wasn't too sure of his singing abilities and wanted to focus on his guitar playing, so he personally approached John Bush to sing for the band but he turned it down so he could stay in Armored Saint. Imagine a Metallica lineup like this:

John Bush: Vocals
    James Hetfield: Rhythm Guitar
    Dave Mustaine: Lead Guitar
    Cliff Burton: Bass
    Lars Ulrich: Drums

25. Post #225
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Warning: homosexual tendencies.

GODAMMIT LARS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    463 Posts
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he pulls that out for The Unforgiven

Edit: Nevermind that's the single one that has a similar wood look. I dunno then...

27. Post #227
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Guys, I have to learn Pulling Teeth for December

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,043 Posts
    haven't you only just bought a guitar?

29. Post #229
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    I got my bass on Friday.

I also have to learn a few Van Halen songs. And probably Trust by Megadeth.

Edited:

Mind you there's only gonna be a few people there that know what those songs actually sound like so I guess it won't be a tragedy if I hit a few wrong notes

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he pulls that out for The Unforgiven

Edit: Nevermind that's the single one that has a similar wood look. I dunno then...
    Yeah, he normally uses an Electro Acoustic on a guitar stand for the Unforgiven. I literally have no idea what song... i will research!

Well, looking at the Setlist for October 12 in Winnipeg, I picked out songs that aren't super regular, so I presume it's one of these...

The Memory Remains
    The Unforgiven
    Damage, Inc.
    Helpless

I will narrow it down to Memory or Unforgiven, and I presume it's Unforgiven, given James history of playing on two guitars for that song, plus I don't think Damage Needs 2 guitar, nor does Memory or Helpless.

I got my bass on Friday.

I also have to learn a few Van Halen songs. And probably Trust by Megadeth.

Mind you there's only gonna be a few people there that know what those songs actually sound like so I guess it won't be a tragedy if I hit a few wrong notes
    Good luck man, Pulling Teeth is pretty difficult, along with Orion. Dam Cliff and his amazing bass skills.

31. Post #231
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,709 Posts
    The start of Pulling Teeth is just arpeggios .

32. Post #232
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    You do realise that I am a beginner and this to me is basically like an amateur race car driver to be asked to drive F1

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    The start of Pulling Teeth is just arpeggios .
    If you're the alt of a guy i know you've been playing guitar for quite a while, so cut him slack.

You do realise that I am a beginner and this to me is basically like an amateur race car driver to be asked to drive F1
    Yeah, i remember the first two weeks i had a guitar i tried to learn Battery. I stopped playing for like a year. I can play it now though :smug: Along with about 80% of Metallica's songs. Apart from fucking Dyers Eve, FUCK YOU JAMES, HOW DO YOU SING AND PLAY THAT AT THE SAME TIME?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    Yeah, i remember the first two weeks i had a guitar i tried to learn Battery. I stopped playing for like a year. I can play it now though :smug: Along with about 80% of Metallica's songs. Apart from fucking Dyers Eve, FUCK YOU JAMES, HOW DO YOU SING AND PLAY THAT AT THE SAME TIME?
    With great skill, that's how.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts
    With great skill, that's how.
    I know, he is a true icon for me, if i can ever play Battery, Master, Dyers etc whilst singing, and sounding pretty fucking good, i'll be truly happy.

Also Jack my internet detective skills say the guitar is Unforgiven if you didn't already see it ^

36. Post #236
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,709 Posts
    If you're the alt of a guy i know you've been playing guitar for quite a while, so cut him slack.
    Nope no alt. And I do apologize if I sounded like a "if-you-cant-play-that-therefore-you-suck" kind if guy but my intention was to point out that the song has arpeggios in it (so if he knew what they were he should be able to pick it up easy). I didn't mean to offend.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    I know, he is a true icon for me, if i can ever play Battery, Master, Dyers etc whilst singing, and sounding pretty fucking good, i'll be truly happy.

Also Jack my internet detective skills say the guitar is Unforgiven if you didn't already see it ^
    That's odd, did he change guitars for the song then? I've only ever seen him play this one:

Along with one of his electric guitars for the unforgiven.

38. Post #238
    August 2009
    2,062 Posts
    practice practice practice
    you can get this shit down in like 2 days
    it took me about a day and a half to get orion down
    after that that shit was ez az FUK

39. Post #239
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    yes and how long have you been playing?

40. Post #240
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,234 Posts
    I, personally, not being the guy above you, have been playing a little over a year and I can get down near every Metallica riff/verse rather easily. Solos are rather difficult though.