1. Post #321
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    Well, it's kind of hard to tell weather you are being sarcastic or not by your spelling/grammar errors, but I'll take it that you're being sarcastic.

It's pretty obvious that he's holding a camera by the 0 floating next to GMan, and XVid made the map look brighter. And as I mentioned both in my description up there and in the video its self, SORUCE glitched up the demo so I was in 3rd person the whole time. I intended to be in the camera GMan was holding the whole time.

@Sakarias88: Have you considered putting this on google code so you can upload via SVN and we can download via SVN? It would be easier for all of us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #322
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    @Sakarias88: Have you considered putting this on google code so you can upload via SVN and we can download via SVN? It would be easier for all of us.
    Nope but maybe I will.

I have tried all day to fix RagMorph support for NPC's.
    It works but there is a problem that I cannot solve.
    The RagMorphed NPC's always lag, it's not like a frame drop or anything the ragdolls just don't update often enough.
    First I thought the problem with slow updates was because I had to loop through all entities to find all NPC's and therefore it took to long time.
    So i made a table that just contained all NPC's (like the players) on the map and hoped that it would solve the slow updates but no change.
    I'm starting to think that the problem is that the server doesn't update the animations so often.
    I guess most of the animations on NPC's are calculated client side.

Do someone have an idea how to solve it or maybe a better solution?

3. Post #323
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    Nope but maybe I will.

I have tried all day to fix RagMorph support for NPC's.
    It works but there is a problem that I cannot solve.
    The RagMorphed NPC's always lag, it's not like a frame drop or anything the ragdolls just don't update often enough.
    First I thought the problem with slow updates was because I had to loop through all entities to find all NPC's and therefore it took to long time.
    So i made a table that just contained all NPC's (like the players) on the map and hoped that it would solve the slow updates but no change.
    I'm starting to think that the problem is that the server doesn't update the animations so often.
    I guess most of the animations on NPC's are calculated client side.

Do someone have an idea how to solve it or maybe a better solution?
    You are doing this on your local server, correct? I think if you type net_graph 4 you will be able to see a graph of data transfer between you and server, which is separated into different categories. See if anything related to what you are doing is in there, that's all that I can think of.

4. Post #324
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    You are doing this on your local server, correct? I think if you type net_graph 4 you will be able to see a graph of data transfer between you and server, which is separated into different categories. See if anything related to what you are doing is in there, that's all that I can think of.
    I'm testing it in SP.
    Which makes me think that it will work even worse in MP.

5. Post #325
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    I'm testing it in SP.
    Which makes me think that it will work even worse in MP.
    Actually, it works just fine for me in MP. I have been using a slightly older version, (*cough* SVN needed :) *cough*), but it should still work all the same.

6. Post #326
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    Actually, it works just fine for me in MP. I have been using a slightly older version, (*cough* SVN needed :) *cough*), but it should still work all the same.
    I mean the new version that is supposed to work on NPC's (not it's not uploaded yet).
    Still works fine on players but lags on NPC's.

7. Post #327
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    I mean the new version that is supposed to work on NPC's (not it's not uploaded yet).
    Still works fine on players but lags on NPC's.
    What did your net_graph tell you?

8. Post #328
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    What did your net_graph tell you?
    I tested it in MP now.
    The only big changes I have seen is on the "in".
    Having one NPC using ragmorph increases in from about 90 to 360.
    Just toying with a ragdoll gives exactly the same result until the ragdoll goes to sleep then it drops to 90 again.
    Same result on players using ragmorph.

NPC ragmorphs lag as much in MP as they do in SP.
    Doesn't seem to be performance issues, just that NPC ragmorphs don't update as often as player ragmorphs do which makes the ragdoll movement choppy/laggy on NPC's.

9. Post #329
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    I tested it in MP now.
    The only big changes I have seen is on the "in".
    Having one NPC using ragmorph increases in from about 90 to 360.
    Just toying with a ragdoll gives exactly the same result until the ragdoll goes to sleep then it drops to 90 again.
    Same result on players using ragmorph.

NPC ragmorphs lag as much in MP as they do in SP.
    Doesn't seem to be performance issues, just that NPC ragmorphs don't update as often as player ragmorphs do which makes the ragdoll movement choppy/laggy on NPC's.
    So I guess you've found another bug that Garry has to fix now :P

10. Post #330
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    So I guess you've found another bug that Garry has to fix now :P
    Hmm don't know about that.
    It's not a bug really since normal npc animations works fine it's just that it doesn't look good when you paste a ragdoll on them. NPC's weren't really supposed to be used this way. :P

11. Post #331
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    Hmm don't know about that.
    It's not a bug really since normal npc animations works fine it's just that it doesn't look good when you paste a ragdoll on them. NPC's weren't really supposed to be used this way. :P
    So I guess it's Valve's issue, but I doubt they'd fix it for just one person. Sigh.

So have you looked into google code yet?

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,321 Posts
    it was kinda fun, I raped klieners by running into them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    The greatest thing ever.

14. Post #334
    Jag
    February 2010
    282 Posts
    RagMorph Server:
    Dedicated on a quad-core processor.
    30mbps upload

8.17.250.202:27024 Click to connect

15. Post #335
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    RagMorph Server:
    Dedicated on a quad-core processor.
    30mbps upload

8.17.250.202:27024 Click to connect
    As much as I like ragmorph, I think making a dedicated server just for rag morph on a server like that is a little insane. Maybe if you made it sandbox, and included ragmorph.

And I see you got banned just three days ago, for spam-advertising?

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,657 Posts
    So I guess it's Valve's issue, but I doubt they'd fix it for just one person. Sigh.

So have you looked into google code yet?

How is it Vavle's issue? (Excuse my lack of knowledge)

17. Post #337
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    How is it Vavle's issue? (Excuse my lack of knowledge)
    Well, and I'm just assuming here, it's the Source engine that controls how the NPCs work and how data is transferred from server to client and vice-versa, and AFAIK, Garry doesn't have access to the... Source of the source engine. (I doubt he'd fix it anyways.)

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2009
    4,483 Posts
    Simply amazing.

19. Post #339
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    Example mini machinima.
    Just want to show that just because you use RagMorph in a video it doesn't mean that it has to be un-serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,841 Posts
    Sweet

21. Post #341
    October 2008
    32 Posts
    This is an awesome addon, however I have noticed that it's conflicted with something in the Spacebuild Enhancement Project addon. It disables the thirdperson there (in case people still have that problem as well using it.)

But having played about an hour with the addon in SP, I'm hooked enough to request a bug fix for that from either side. It's too much of a loss to lose SBEP, but I love RagMorph enough that I'd like to keep it full-time.

Beyond that, it's amazing and I hope it's utilized by the Machinima folk out there to make amazing movies without having to worry about moving ragdolls any more.

22. Post #342
    July 2007
    602 Posts
    This is an awesome addon, however I have noticed that it's conflicted with something in the Spacebuild Enhancement Project addon. It disables the thirdperson there (in case people still have that problem as well using it.)

But having played about an hour with the addon in SP, I'm hooked enough to request a bug fix for that from either side. It's too much of a loss to lose SBEP, but I love RagMorph enough that I'd like to keep it full-time.

Beyond that, it's amazing and I hope it's utilized by the Machinima folk out there to make amazing movies without having to worry about moving ragdolls any more.
    The CalcView problem appears to be in Entities/lua/autorun/client/vehviewhook.lua. You shouldn't return the Gamemode CalcView, it breaks other calcview hooks. This should fix it, but bear in mind it's untested.

Code:
    --AddCSLuaFile( "Wobble3RdPerson.lua" ) --Silly me :P
    --include("wobble3rdperson.lua")

hook.Add("CalcView", "WobbleMan CalcView", function(ply, position, angles, fov)

if !ply:Alive() then return end
            if GetViewEntity() ~= ply then return end

local useSpecialView = ply:GetNetworkedBool("HasWobbleMan")

if useSpecialView then
                    local RagdollIsSleeping =  ply:GetNetworkedBool("WobbleManThirdPerson")

if !RagdollIsSleeping then
                            local aimVec = ply:GetAimVector()
                            local oldPos = position
                            local pos = oldPos + (aimVec * -200)
                            local ignoreEnt = ply:GetNetworkedEntity( "WobbleManEnt" ) --Ignoring the ragdoll in the trace line

local Trace = {}
                            Trace.start = oldPos
                            Trace.endpos = pos
                            Trace.filter = {ply, ignoreEnt}
                            local tr = util.TraceLine(Trace)
                            if tr.Hit then 
                                    pos = tr.HitPos
                            end    

local view = {}
                                    view.pos = pos
                                    view.angles = angles
                                    view.fov = fov

return view
                    end
            end

end)

23. Post #343
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    The CalcView problem appears to be in Entities/lua/autorun/client/vehviewhook.lua. You shouldn't return the Gamemode CalcView, it breaks other calcview hooks. This should fix it, but bear in mind it's untested.

Code:
    --AddCSLuaFile( "Wobble3RdPerson.lua" ) --Silly me :P
    --include("wobble3rdperson.lua")

hook.Add("CalcView", "WobbleMan CalcView", function(ply, position, angles, fov)

if !ply:Alive() then return end
            if GetViewEntity() ~= ply then return end

local useSpecialView = ply:GetNetworkedBool("HasWobbleMan")

if useSpecialView then
                    local RagdollIsSleeping =  ply:GetNetworkedBool("WobbleManThirdPerson")

if !RagdollIsSleeping then
                            local aimVec = ply:GetAimVector()
                            local oldPos = position
                            local pos = oldPos + (aimVec * -200)
                            local ignoreEnt = ply:GetNetworkedEntity( "WobbleManEnt" ) --Ignoring the ragdoll in the trace line

local Trace = {}
                            Trace.start = oldPos
                            Trace.endpos = pos
                            Trace.filter = {ply, ignoreEnt}
                            local tr = util.TraceLine(Trace)
                            if tr.Hit then 
                                    pos = tr.HitPos
                            end    

local view = {}
                                    view.pos = pos
                                    view.angles = angles
                                    view.fov = fov

return view
                    end
            end

end)
    It was fixed in the latest version.

24. Post #344
    October 2008
    32 Posts
    Not to contradict you, however if you refer to version 1.2, that was from there.

Otherwise, I do apologize if you meant in a future release.

25. Post #345
    February 2009
    17 Posts
    Gawd I have found a BIG glitch ( Really weird ):
    When you have the weapon, Machinima Hands, and then you crouch, the ragdoll... just... do like... Masturbating O_o.
    I should make a video? XD

26. Post #346
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    Gawd I have found a BIG glitch ( Really weird ):
    When you have the weapon, Machinima Hands, and then you crouch, the ragdoll... just... do like... Masturbating O_o.
    I should make a video? XD
    Sounds like a source glitch, although Valve may have put that in there intentionally.

27. Post #347

December 2009
    3 Posts
    Best Mod ever! Great job

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    503 Posts
    I'm loving this mod

Thank you so much!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #349
    September 2009
    3,711 Posts
    How do i make it so i can hold something? Like a balloon?

30. Post #350
    December 2008
    124 Posts
    i think someone in the sever has to weld it to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,841 Posts
    Just woblemanfreeze, and hook a balloon to you, it's not rocket science. And you can do it all by yourself. I can't believe no one can just read the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    Cool Kid
    December 2009
    1,222 Posts
    this tool is epic i love it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,055 Posts
    Are you intending to make a version that makes other ragdolls clip to you? I have no idea how the script works, but would it be possible to make it so it looks for the other bone types to "weld" to the player?

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,413 Posts
    This is the only reason I play GMod now. Great job!

35. Post #355
    August 2008
    1,411 Posts
    Are you intending to make a version that makes other ragdolls clip to you? I have no idea how the script works, but would it be possible to make it so it looks for the other bone types to "weld" to the player?
    I suppose you could just weld the ragdoll to you yourself. Unless, do you mean unsupported bone structures?

36. Post #356
    November 2009
    201 Posts
    My RagMorph is broken. The left hand checkbox unhooks the TORSO from the player, the torso checkbox unhooks something else from the player, and its all fucked up. It takes me about 5 minutes to get it to where i want it. Could this have anything to do with SCars?

37. Post #357
    October 2006
    4 Posts
    Could this have anything to do with SCars?
    Not likely, since its made by the same person as SCars, and I use it and SCars with no problems.
    What addons do you have installed, and what model are you using?

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,841 Posts
    Yeah its most likely the model your using, models that don't come with gmod seem to mess up.

39. Post #359
    November 2009
    201 Posts
    I use standard models. The citizen and kleiner dont work normally.

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,841 Posts
    Strange, they are normal for me. Must be an addon after all