1. Post #1
    November 2009
    21 Posts
    Guess, this should be posted here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/de...5#comments_top
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    OMG HALO REACH IM GONNA CUM
    December 2006
    16,643 Posts
    Who thought this would be a good idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Pretty bad OP, ill help a bit.

World of Tanks is a team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare. Throw yourself into the epic tank battles of World War II with other steel cowboys all over the world. Your arsenal includes more than 150 armored vehicles from America, Germany, and the Soviet Union, carefully detailed with historical accuracy.

A flexible system of authentic vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try any of the vehicles and weapons in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, make deep breaches in enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the force of giant tanks to eliminate opposing armored forces, or become a heavy sniper with long-range howitzers, each unit type has its own advantages and can be extremely effective when operated by a true tank ace.

But being a great tank commander alone isn't enough to win! In the World of Tanks, itís all about teamwork. Victory is achieved by combining your combat skills with those of the other members of your team, each playing their own role on the battlefield. Just add your favorite strategy to build your own iron empire and manifest the indisputable authority of the tank!

The Ultimate Armored Warfare Experience

Dive into intense tank-on-tank combat to enjoy an amazing new battlefield experience with a balance of multiple genres. A unique blend of these "ingredients,Ē supported by top-notch graphics and stunning audiovisual effects, provides endless challenge and excitement:

Simulator. Authentic models and vehicle characteristics make you feel like a real tank commander taking part in a furious armored offensive.

RPG. Your armored steed isn't just a tin can on tracks - itís a living, evolving mechanism that should be treated accordingly. Research your available upgrades and modifications to enhance its performance on the battlefield.

Action. Take part in joint operations to spot, track, and destroy enemy units and engage in head-to-head duels where your speed and reaction time is as important as in any co-op shooter.

Strategy. Thereís only one simple rule to follow - don't be a hero. Rally your comrades to devise a battle plan and assign roles, then move out and defeat your enemy on the field of honor.

Dynamic Combat System
    New players jump into battle in less than a minute to take part in short, decisive combat actions designed to ensure fast and action-oriented warfare. As you are thrown onto the battlefield, you must be bold, decisive, and flexible to succeed in the maelstrom of iron and fire.
    Epic Tank Clashes

Intense battles with up to 60 combat vehicles unfold on enormous and detailed battlefields featuring a variety of terrain from open fields with hills and forests to deserts and industrial zones. The terrain offers a wide scope for tactical decisions from aggressive fast-paced thrusts to elaborate flanking operations and diversionary attacks.

Deep Squad-based Gameplay
    Out to conquer the world? Then our highly addictive squad-based gameplay is your ultimate goal. Countless new lands and territories let you show off your teamwork - the key to victory. The distribution and timely accomplishment of tasks and objectives within your squad gives you a critical advantage over your disorganized rivals.

Screenshots:

http://www.worldoftanks.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly x 16Informative x 7Useful x 2Funny x 1Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2009
    21 Posts
    Intense battles with up to 60 vehicles... Will there be infantry (orks/elves)? or some arty and air support? Imo, tanks only battles would become boring quite soon...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    It will probably get boring fast but it will be free to play so trying it out won't hurt i guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    November 2009
    21 Posts
    It will probably get boring fast but it will be free to play so trying it out won't hurt i guess.
    Well, yeah. But here should be a way for the devs to earn money somehow. Guess you won't get MAUS for free :)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Aye minitransactions and stuff. Buy a King Tiger now! only $20!

I hate that, i'd rather pay per month for a mmo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Why is there a hummel in the second picture? That's a self-propelled artillery gun, not a tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2009
    21 Posts
    Why is there a hummel in the second picture? That's a self-propelled artillery gun, not a tank.
    They would probably have SPGs as well then.

10. Post #10
    September 2009
    22 Posts
    I think that the name World of Tanks doesn't mean just tanks. I think that devs would focus on armor in general. And that could mean that we'll see not only tanks and SPGs but also assault guns, mobile artillery may be.

11. Post #11
    October 2007
    361 Posts
    Atleast we don't have to search for tanks anymore.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, make deep breaches in enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the force of giant tanks to eliminate opposing armored forces, or become a heavy sniper with long-range howitzers
    You can be one of those aswell apparently.

13. Post #13
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    I guess that makes sense, since they had to balance it somehow.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,182 Posts
    So it's Blitz 1941 but better? Gotta try this.

The name is kinda silly.

Edited:

Apparently they just started developing it? Damnit, I though it was released already.

15. Post #15
    November 2009
    21 Posts
    So it's Blitz 1941 but better? Gotta try this.

The name is kinda silly.

Edited:

Apparently they just started developing it? Damnit, I though it was released already.
    Looks like the cbt is opened ... but only in Russia yet.

16. Post #16
    March 2010
    3,792 Posts
    We should make Facepunch Army and conquer the internet world!
    New World Facepunch Order.
    NWFO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    I just hope the tankbattles are realistic like Red orchestra / Darkest hour. If that's the case im definitely trying it.

18. Post #18
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,488 Posts
    I just hope the tankbattles are realistic like Red orchestra / Darkest hour. If that's the case im definitely trying it.
    This. I want to see some sweet bounceoff/penetrate physics, which would influence the tank in realistic way, with engine breaking, making stored ammo go off etc.

I hope it won't be just "Every hit does x damage, y hits kill the tank."

Edited:

I hope it's gonna be minitransactions not influencing gameplay performance , like special pictures and cosmetic stuff, or making getting shit easier (XP boost or something), which won't influence the real fight directly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    While World War II is nice, I'd would love to see a 1980s Cold War tank game.

There's a few gameplay videos in Russian on Youtube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2009
    21,488 Posts
    I don't see modern vehicular combat that fun. Modern tanks are usually able to engage targets kilometers far away. Also missiles can hit targets that are not even visible from the launching point. Same goes with cold war ones. It's wouldn't be fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    I don't see modern vehicular combat that fun. Modern tanks are usually able to engage targets kilometers far away. Also missiles can hit targets that are not even visible from the launching point. Same goes with cold war ones. It's wouldn't be fun.
    You're thinking too mechanistically, falling under the "if it moves it dies" syndrome where theoretical accuracy and effectiveness become the rule and play stagnates into a attrition at long range. Armored combat in Central Europe would be limited to only 3000 meters due to the terrain and weather conditions. Unless you're talking about things like tactical missile artillery like the Lance and ATACMS, there were very, very few non line of sight anti-tank missiles in service during the Cold War.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    Aslong as there is Jagdpanthers I'm happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    February 2010
    137 Posts
    Is there going to be an open beta soon?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,214 Posts
    I am so going to get this when it comes out.

25. Post #25

January 2010
    81 Posts
    I hope there are Sturmtigers. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts

There's a few gameplay videos in Russian on Youtube.
    Just looked those videos up. Wow, it looks absolutely terrible. No bulletdrop physics or anything as far as i can see and no realistic damage, only silly healthbars. It looks like a arcade drive and shoot deathmatch game. :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2009
    22 Posts
    Just looked those videos up. Wow, it looks absolutely terrible. No bulletdrop physics or anything as far as i can see and no realistic damage, only silly healthbars. It looks like a arcade drive and shoot deathmatch game. :frown:
    Isn't it just a video from alpha version?

28. Post #28

February 2010
    16 Posts
    Intense battles with up to 60 vehicles... Will there be infantry (orks/elves)? or some arty and air support? Imo, tanks only battles would become boring quite soon...
    150+ vehicles are planned (USA, Germany, USSR). Various types of tanks: light, medium, heavy, super-heavy and prototype/experimental. The same variety for Anti-Tank self-propelled artillery (Tank Destroyers), and selv-propelled howitzers (like HUMMEL). Also, rocket artillery (Katuyshas) and close combat air support

Edited:

The game will icnlude historic mini-campaigns and epic CLAN WARS: clans of around 100 members will be fighting over global map comprised from hundreds of provinces. That'll take years :-)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    150+ vehicles are planned (USA, Germany, USSR). Various types of tanks: light, medium, heavy, super-heavy and prototype/experimental. The same variety for Anti-Tank self-propelled artillery (Tank Destroyers), and selv-propelled howitzers (like HUMMEL). Also, rocket artillery (Katuyshas) and close combat air support

Edited:

The game will icnlude historic mini-campaigns and epic CLAN WARS: clans of around 100 members will be fighting over global map comprised from hundreds of provinces. That'll take years :-)

Jagdpanther? :iia:

also I hope it's not terribly level based.

RPG. Your armored steed isn't just a tin can on tracks - itís a living, evolving mechanism that should be treated accordingly. Research your available upgrades and modifications to enhance its performance on the battlefield.
    That sounds like you're going to be sticking with a certain tank for long? I wouldn't like to say be in a Jagdpanther then be forced to a tiger because of levels or something. I take it we'll be able to stick with what we want?

30. Post #30

February 2010
    16 Posts
    Jagdpanther? :iia:

also I hope it's not terribly level based.

That sounds like you're going to be sticking with a certain tank for long? I wouldn't like to say be in a Jagdpanther then be forced to a tiger because of levels or something. I take it we'll be able to stick with what we want?
    You will be able to have as many tanks modes as you want. Like: A JagdPanzer, Tiger, T-34, Valentine, Sherman and Hummel in your garage.
    If you feel like fast recon action, take Soviet A-20, if you feel like heavy destruction from long distance, take King Tiger, etc.

You can chose whatever tank you have for each new battle.

31. Post #31
    October 2009
    1,399 Posts
    This looks good, i'll give it a try when it comes out.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2006
    2,581 Posts
    I gotta try this out. I hope they'll turn this into real simulator

33. Post #33
    January 2009
    21,488 Posts

Edited:

You are right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    appears to be a deflection of a shell though around 3:40.

35. Post #35
    January 2009
    21,488 Posts
    appears to be a deflection of a shell though around 3:40.
    From what I caught in the video, he said something like that you can spend real money for some things, but people who don't are still able to fully compete with those who do.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,987 Posts
    I saw a health bar with a strange amount of Health points, so that's already a problem (the amount of HP probably increases by level, anyway there shouldn't even be a health bar). They should just have taken the system Men of War uses and made it a bit more detailed (considering that this is tanks-only) and let us customize our tanks, that would have been awesome and I'd pay monthly for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

February 2010
    16 Posts
    This. I want to see some sweet bounceoff/penetrate physics, which would influence the tank in realistic way, with engine breaking, making stored ammo go off etc.

I hope it won't be just "Every hit does x damage, y hits kill the tank."

Edited:

I hope it's gonna be minitransactions not influencing gameplay performance , like special pictures and cosmetic stuff, or making getting shit easier (XP boost or something), which won't influence the real fight directly.

bounceoff/penetrate physics will be realistic (i.e. Panzer II will have NO chance of penetrating JS (Joseph Stalin)-3's armour, just some chance to damage the tracks and immobilize it.

YES, microtransactions will NOT affect direct gameplay, just cosmetic staff and XP boosts.

38. Post #38
    January 2009
    21,488 Posts
    bounceoff/penetrate physics will be realistic (i.e. Panzer II will have NO chance of penetrating JS (Joseph Stalin)-3's armour, just some chance to damage the tracks and immobilize it.

YES, microtransactions will NOT affect direct gameplay, just cosmetic staff and XP boosts.
    Sounds good so far.

39. Post #39

February 2010
    16 Posts
    From what I caught in the video, he said something like that you can spend real money for some things, but people who don't are still able to fully compete with those who do.
    Exactly. The background voice in that video was mine. And it's true that those who do not put in any money will have the same type of gameplay.

40. Post #40
    January 2009
    21,488 Posts
    Exactly. The background voice in that video was mine. And it's true that those who do not put in any money will have the same type of gameplay.
    Is there any release date or something? Seems really really good for now.