November 2008
    948 Posts
    Joseph Stalin 3 pleez :razz:

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,948 Posts
    Mod on WoT forum posted:
    We will add Nashorn and one of the modifications of PanzerKampfWagen VII Lion into World of Tanks after the release or earlier. You will see Panzerjäger Tiger (P) Elefant in the closed beta.
    :fappery:
    For all of you wondering what the Lowe is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Panzer_X_Loewe.jpg

3. Post #123
    November 2009
    21 Posts
    Heh, finally they released a gameplay video :). Looks like a solid game with decent gfx with some attention to realism...

4. Post #124
    August 2009
    2,062 Posts
    i hope they add in modern tanks so I can get a M1 Abrahms and fucking rape EVERYONE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,948 Posts
    i hope they add in modern tanks so I can get a M1 Abrahms and fucking rape EVERYONE
    Until a Challenger 2 or Leopard 2A6 shows up.

Anyway I can't wait to mount a huge cannon on a Lowe.

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,081 Posts
    i hope they add in modern tanks so I can get a M1 Abrams and fucking rape EVERYONE
    Fixed.

Don't let Desert Storm get into your head that deep.

7. Post #127
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    So, this is going to be Navyfield but with tanks instead?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #128
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,111 Posts
    Have they announced any closed or open betas for this yet?

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,948 Posts
    Have they announced any closed or open betas for this yet?
    Russian Beta is under way, European beta should start soon.

10. Post #130
    March 2010
    1,127 Posts
    Uninstanced PVP is only about who brings more friends to battle. Useless.
    because i forgot fighting is always about winning.

11. Post #131
    February 2010
    2,206 Posts
    This looks very Good.
    I'm not a huge MMO fan but I will give this a go.

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,261 Posts
    I have to agree it looks great. The first gameplay videos and screenshots they released looked rather crappy, but that latest video looks awesome.

13. Post #133
    November 2009
    21 Posts
    A bunch of fresh gameplay videos from Russian closed beta test (tournament):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OvPvbuLLCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPtnku2PCg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EX5ugqUUI

I already LOVE this game, without even fighting a single battle (keeps in mind that it's free or at least is said to be free)

14. Post #134
    August 2009
    1,072 Posts
    Bumping this thread because sign-ups for the American/EU closed beta have begun. You can download the client already, but the servers don't go live until the 8th. The game is in open beta in Russia, so you can download that to play if you can't wait and don't mind the language barrier.

15. Post #135
    November 2008
    1,834 Posts
    Heh, I got invited to the russian closed beta weeks ago...

16. Post #136
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,257 Posts
    I signed up for the US closed beta. Hope i get in.

17. Post #137
    November 2009
    21 Posts
    World of Tanks Closed Beta Test Announced!
    Check out the key giveaway at http://www.mmoabc.com/giveaway/world...a-key-giveaway

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,440 Posts
    Already signed up. I'm hopeful because it's F2P AND Cashshop doesn't include OP items or other bullshitty things over the non-paying players.

19. Post #139
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,111 Posts
    The beta started early and it's off to a brilliant start. Well balanced, really optimised and polished too.

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,921 Posts
    So, this is going to be Navyfield but with tanks instead?
    More like Navy Field 2 (if they ever release that) Seeing as World of Tanks is 3D and looks fairly decent

I applied for the closed beta, and I'm almost sure I'll get an invite, seeing as how I aced their little form, then again it's easy to lie on those things so Who really knows, but a WW2 Tank MMO that doesn't look like complete garbage would be a healthy change in pace in the Gaming scene altogether, even more so in the MMO genre... When was the last good true tank game? Armored Fist by Novalogic?

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    2,421 Posts
    I think the first wave may have already ended, I got a invite from them 4 hours ago.

22. Post #142
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    I'm currently in the closed beta. From what I can tell so far, it's a REALLY HARD game.

Just to give people a general overview if they haven't played.

[list][*]There are two startout tanks, the M-Whatever the fuck, and the Strumtiger. At start, all you will ever do is die. However, you get credits and experience after every battle, no matter when you died and how many tanks you've busted. Of course that those factors do affect the general credit payout, but you're always getting something.
    [*]Although there are health bars, damage is entirely localized. You can be ( and you WILL be ) shot on the tracks to make you stop, shot on the gas tank to start a fire that will gradually damage you, shot on the gun to prevent you from shooting, and so on. You can even get your crew members knocked out.
    [*]There's a whole lot of upgrades that you can make for your tank, and your ammunition is finite. For all tanks but the starter ones, you'll have to pay a certain fee to get your tank repaired after battle.
    [*]It does take a fair degree of skill to play. Shots aren't accurate at all if you move, and it takes quite a bit of time to reload, so you have to properly decide who you're gonna shoot, when, where and with what ammo.
    [*]There's like 4 maps I've seen so far, and they're pretty huge and detailed
    [*]The artillery fucking pisses me off.[/list]

23. Post #143
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,381 Posts
    Can I be the French and drive FT-17s into battle at 6 MP/h?

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    7,703 Posts
    I'm in the Closed Beta as well.

Artillery will piss you off. If you see a light tank you are dead unless you start moving your ass.

25. Post #145
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    Can I be the French and drive FT-17s into battle at 6 MP/h?
    Nope, there's just Russia and Germany so far. It's WWII, by the way.

But you can drive a MS-1 if you feel like piloting a death trap into battle.

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,181 Posts
    Artillery's accuracy needs to be lowered.

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,440 Posts
    Nope, there's just Russia and Germany so far. It's WWII, by the way.

But you can drive a MS-1 if you feel like piloting a death trap into battle.
    Ha, Ms1. I did a couple of matches with those. Horrible, but I didn't knew better (starter tank).

28. Post #148
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,381 Posts
    Well the MS-1 is based off the FT-17.

Close enough.

29. Post #149
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    Artillery's accuracy needs to be lowered.
    Oh no no. I know artillery's are hell on recruit battles, but without artillery you aren't gonna even dent a heavy or even medium tank on a standard battle.

I just got a T-46, and believe me, the game gets SO MUCH harder once you start playing standard battles.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,181 Posts
    I've been playing on standard battles for a while now, I still reckon arty's accuracy should be lowered.

31. Post #151
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    I've been playing on standard battles for a while now, I still reckon arty's accuracy should be lowered.
    No no, trust me here. If you lower their accuracy any further they're bloody useless. Arty's have no defense, no rotating turrets, and usually only score shots when someone is spotted already.

What there should be is some sort of reward for kill assists, and artillery's should be harder to aim. Like, at least to the point where you gotta calculate firing angle, or azimuth, so you can't shoot out someone's kill.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,452 Posts
    on standard battles you will forget about artillery and will meet a new challenge : heavy tanks and stugs or how they are named

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,181 Posts
    I just have an eternal hatred for Arty, they have no place in a tank battle, otherwise what's the point of having a heavy when it gets chewed up by arty the minute you're spotted.
    Just my opinion though.

34. Post #154
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    I just have an eternal hatred for Arty, they have no place in a tank battle, otherwise what's the point of having a heavy when it gets chewed up by arty the minute you're spotted.
    Just my opinion though.
    Trust me here, no SPG is gonna eat a KV at any moment. And the point of having a heavy is to have it around your base to blast anyone trying to cap it, it's entirely defensive. No SPG single shots it except maybe the one you get after the KV-3.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,181 Posts
    Well after lots of playing in standard, now up to my PzIV... I still say SPG's can fuck off. They're not needed to take down heavies and they only serve to piss people off.

36. Post #156
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    Well after lots of playing in standard, now up to my PzIV... I still say SPG's can fuck off. They're not needed to take down heavies and they only serve to piss people off.
    I haven't been killed by an SPG all day, what precisely are you doing that gets you shot up so much?

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,181 Posts
    Getting seen, is all it takes. then about 2-4 arty pieces open up on whoever is seen... Either way they need lower accuracy and longer traveling time.

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,576 Posts
    I actually kinda like SPG, I usually rush them and kill all of them before there team can stop me.

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,261 Posts
    I haven't been killed by an SPG all day, what precisely are you doing that gets you shot up so much?
    Sitting still for a moment to fire, which is pretty much necessary if you are a tank destroyer.

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,440 Posts
    Sitting still for a moment to fire, which is pretty much necessary if you are a tank destroyer.
    I know how you feel bro.

:sympathy: