1. Post #481
    December 2005
    4 Posts
    Can't get this to register Dark Messiah at all; I have it installed on Steam, I've run and played it, but it just insists it's "unavailable". It registers Left 4 Dead etc fine, and I can spawn models from that without problems.

2. Post #482
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,747 Posts
    -snip, fixed it-

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Can't get this to register Dark Messiah at all; I have it installed on Steam, I've run and played it, but it just insists it's "unavailable". It registers Left 4 Dead etc fine, and I can spawn models from that without problems.
    Sorry but the last update oft gmod fucked it up. Illustriert fix it in the next few days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,162 Posts
    cant use my l4d models anymore, i think it's the new engine update

:kratos: curse you macintosh!!!

5. Post #485
    An update came out today, Maybe it fixes whatever breaks it?

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,162 Posts
    An update came out today, Maybe it fixes whatever breaks it?
    i hope so...

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    572 Posts
    At least if Gmod gets updated to the newer Source Engine all of those L4D models and maps will stop looking retarded. ;)

8. Post #488
    February 2010
    1,306 Posts
    DAMN GMOD UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! :argh:

9. Post #489

May 2009
    7 Posts
    Yeah, I'm having trouble with this. I tried bringing up a L4D survivor after using this, and they are in a t-pose mode. Everything else is alright, even the L4D2 survivors. It's just the survivors from L4D. I can't pose their bodies or faces or fingers or anything.

10. Post #490
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Yeah, I'm having trouble with this. I tried bringing up a L4D survivor after using this, and they are in a t-pose mode. Everything else is alright, even the L4D2 survivors. It's just the survivors from L4D. I can't pose their bodies or faces or fingers or anything.
    Is the L4D1/2 folder installed under /addons?

11. Post #491

May 2009
    7 Posts
    Is the L4D1/2 folder installed under /addons?
    Yes

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Strange. I am able to mount every game (has to be started at least once in steam) and I can spawn L4D1/2 without any problems.

13. Post #493

April 2010
    2 Posts
    For the L4D2 models, is there a reason all of the CI models have funky colors?
    It says:
    "Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: models/shadertest/shader5)"
    or something similar for every CI ragdoll I spawn. I don't know if this is common or if I did something to screw it up. Any ideas on how I could fix it?

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,162 Posts
    -snip-

I FIXED the problem

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    For the L4D2 models, is there a reason all of the CI models have funky colors?
    Yes, there is a shader missing ($Infected - which I can't implement) and by now I'm using an $VertexLitGeneric (too my knowledge) instead of $Infected.
    Sadly this causes all the shader effects (which use this kind of color-map to draw effects) not to work and instead showing the color-map (which is this funky yellow/blue style).

It says:
    "Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: models/shadertest/shader5)"
    or something similar for every CI ragdoll I spawn. I don't know if this is common or if I did something to screw it up. Any ideas on how I could fix it?
    That is new to me.

16. Post #496
    Wonder if the engine of HL2: Ep3 will use Source Engine 2010 with ALL the shaders and proxies (not weapons) from Valve's games, hopefully the characters will have their weapon attachments as ValveBiped.weapon_bone which DoD, CSS and L4D uses (weapon_bone is for TF2 and Chell only)

17. Post #497

April 2010
    2 Posts
    Yes, there is a shader missing ($Infected - which I can't implement) and by now I'm using an $VertexLitGeneric (too my knowledge) instead of $Infected.
    Sadly this causes all the shader effects (which use this kind of color-map to draw effects) not to work and instead showing the color-map (which is this funky yellow/blue style).
    Oh, okay. Thanks. (:

18. Post #498
    December 2007
    42 Posts
    Can someone tell me why some models crash when I try to spawn them?
    I'm not sure what models, but includes the L4D1 Survivors (at least Bill) and Common Infected, and a dead body from L4D2 called Parachutist.

19. Post #499
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    I'm not sure what models, but includes the L4D1 Survivors (at least Bill) and Common Infected, and a dead body from L4D2 called Parachutist.
    They crash only for me, when I have not the addons/"Left 4 Dead" etc. folders installed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    December 2007
    42 Posts
    They crash only for me, when I have not the addons/"Left 4 Dead" etc. folders installed.
    I have addons\Left 4 Dead and addons\Left 4 Dead 2
    Any other solution?

21. Post #501
    July 2009
    273 Posts
    When I boot up GMOD the background on the main menu is white and none of the buttons work when I click on them. Anyone know a fix?

22. Post #502
    March 2010
    41 Posts
    Very helpful,I like the pics too xD

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    When I boot up GMOD the background on the main menu is white and none of the buttons work when I click on them. Anyone know a fix?
    Update to the latest version. You seem to use an outdated one.

24. Post #504
    February 2010
    1,306 Posts
    Is it fixed?

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,684 Posts
    Goddamn errors everywhere!

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Is it fixed?
    "Fixed" what? I don't get any errors, so the answer is yes.

Edited:

Goddamn errors everywhere!
    What errors.

27. Post #507
    December 2006
    58 Posts
    Well. I have the same eye texture problem on survivors. So here some logs:
    When Gmod started: http://pastebin.com/gHpm9vGv
    When gm_construct was loaded: http://pastebin.com/GWdk90bq

P.S. gmod crashes here too when I pause the game (console is always visible here)

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,684 Posts

What errors.
    Updated to latest ver.
    No errors for me anymore :3:

Edited:

Btw is anywhere server with l4d and l4d2 mounted?

29. Post #509
    December 2007
    42 Posts
    Still with this problem... ^

30. Post #510

May 2006
    13 Posts
    I can't seem to get Dystopia to mount. I tried both reinstalling the mod and mount itself, but I can't get it to become available.

Dystopia is the only mod that I have that's doing this, all the others I have (Such as Dark Messiah, Age of Chivalry, NeoTokyo, Fortress Forever, ect.) mount and run just fine (And yes, I have ran Dystopia at least once)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

31. Post #511
    December 2009
    114 Posts
    I can't seem to get Dystopia to mount. I tried both reinstalling the mod and mount itself, but I can't get it to become available.

Dystopia is the only mod that I have that's doing this, all the others I have (Such as Dark Messiah, Age of Chivalry, NeoTokyo, Fortress Forever, ect.) mount and run just fine (And yes, I have ran Dystopia at least once)
    Same here it used to work but recently Dystopia and D.I.P.R.I.P refuse to mount they're just shaded out and yes I started the games blah blah reinstalled all those things. Simply they used to work, now they don't.

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Still with this problem... ^
    I need more information:

[list][*]Hardware Specs[*]DirectX Mode[*]Used version of gm_mount2[*]Is really everything installed correctly? (Addons/Left 4 Dead and Addons/Left 4 Dead 2 must be present).[*]Tried gm_mount without any other addons installed (but the one of gm_mount2)?[*]Tried on clean gmod?[/list]
    Edited:

Same here it used to work but recently Dystopia and D.I.P.R.I.P refuse to mount they're just shaded out and yes I started the games blah blah reinstalled all those things. Simply they used to work, now they don't.
    I can't understand, why this happens to you. I just had this one time because steam somehow has "uninstalled" my game (doh). So I just had to start it one more time and it was present and selectable in the menu again.

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    Sorry if im late, Im unsure if this is EVEN POSSIBLE. But there IS errors when loading any l4d2-l4d maps.

CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: Map 'maps/c1m3_mall.bsp' bsp version 21, expecting 20

Again, sorry if im late, Just wondering if this is possible to be fixed :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 4Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Readme.txt posted:
    #WARNING
    Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 maps are NOT COMPATIBLE with GMod. They WILL crash your game once you try loading them.
    qft

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    BLAH!, Rate me late :P

*rates self late*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 6Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    December 2006
    58 Posts
    Is L4D1 required to get eyes for L4D2 working?

37. Post #517
    April 2010
    9 Posts
    Considering I have both games and have the same issue still, I doubt it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    661 Posts
    Huh, I can't mount L4D2. I can mount everything else just fine, but when I try to mount L4D2, I crash. I've tried unticking a bunch of game mounts as well as using a fresh Gmod folder, none of which worked. Is there anything else I can try? :gonk:

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Not to my knowledge. Post a condump on pastebin please, because it seems like there are textures missing. I'd like to add them/fix it. But since I don't have this issue, I can't fix it so I need you.

Edited:

Huh, I can't mount L4D2. I can mount everything else just fine, but when I try to mount L4D2, I crash. I've tried unticking a bunch of game mounts as well as using a fresh Gmod folder, none of which worked. Is there anything else I can try? :gonk:
    Start L4D2, make it update, check for integrity - Like Readme.txt tells you. Try again.

Also: Supply the crashmessage (open it and post the info on "extended")

40. Post #520
    December 2006
    58 Posts
    Not to my knowledge. Post a condump on pastebin please, because it seems like there are textures missing. I'd like to add them/fix it. But since I don't have this issue, I can't fix it so I need you.
    Did it a few posts ago :)