1. Post #441
    September 2001
    12,432 Posts
    Why would the menu system need to load addons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Lua King Lua King x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Because this addon loads lua-code and a binary-module in the menu-instance, so people can mount games which GMod does not support by default (such as L4D1/2) using the "Gmod Settings" menu.

Also, without mounting the games before map-start, they can't load the maps of those third-party games.

3. Post #443
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    None of the content I've mounted with gm_mount2 has EVER been deletable, even after deleting the module shortly after unticking the games in the mount menu, I still have the files, and I cant find the directories for the content I mounted in the first place to manually delete them.. Any ideas?

4. Post #444
    September 2001
    12,432 Posts
    I didn't make this change to be an asshole. There's NO REASON AT ALL for GMod to have to load addons for the main menu. It just slows it down where it doesn't need to be slowed down. People should not be loading things in the main menu.

You must have known you were doing something that you shouldn't be doing when you did this, right? I mean, getting it to load your addon via a VGUI control?

This shit won't be coming back. You can throw it all in the main tree if you want, but I can't guarantee that this won't end up breaking too.

My suggestion is that you make an external utility that extracts the content into addons in gmod's folders. It'll use up twice as much space, but it's the neatest way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #445
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    I didn't make this change to be an asshole. There's NO REASON AT ALL for GMod to have to load addons for the main menu. It just slows it down where it doesn't need to be slowed down. People should not be loading things in the main menu.
    Yes, I can totally agree with that...

You must have known you were doing something that you shouldn't be doing when you did this, right? I mean, getting it to load your addon via a VGUI control?
    ... but for some rare case like here, it had to be done, because there are no other possible methods for making it work as intended (mounting before playing).
    And to be honest: This addon is "beyond the basics" of GMod and needs maverick ways to work due to the lack of an API for that (basically concerning the Source SDK).

This shit won't be coming back. You can throw it all in the main tree if you want, but I can't guarantee that this won't end up breaking too.
    Yeah, I can understand your point. Luckily, you still allow loading my addon by putting it directly to the gmod-root. That's how I have fixed it now.

My suggestion is that you make an external utility that extracts the content into addons in gmod's folders. It'll use up twice as much space, but it's the neatest way.
    Well, that's totally against mounting and this plugin's idea, takes much time for extracting and especially - how you noticed - space. Also updates of the games won't be directly applied.

Anyway, I fixed my addon now and put it directly to the GMod root folder. It works as it is now (@ all who do the same now: Download the latest version. There has also been a bug fixed in the dll)

Edited:

None of the content I've mounted with gm_mount2 has EVER been deletable, even after deleting the module shortly after unticking the games in the mount menu, I still have the files, and I cant find the directories for the content I mounted in the first place to manually delete them.. Any ideas?
    What do you mean? If the binary module is deleted, the addon does not load at all.

If you refer to spawnlists in the spawnmenu: Delete the spawnlists. Once you saved your current spawnmenu spawnlists, all are copied and put to /garrysmod/settings/spawnlists. They resist there, even if you remove the addon.

6. Post #446
    March 2008
    441 Posts
    I put mount2 folder on GMod root folder, and broke Gmod lol

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    I put mount2 folder on GMod root folder, and broke Gmod lol
    Because you NEED to download the version I uploaded. The fix is not simply a "copy & paste"-job, it needed one fix in the binary also.

8. Post #448
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,808 Posts
    Hmmm, could someone go onto cs_office and see if they're missing textures for computers, tables, lights, and the ladder? I just started noticing this, so I figured you guys would know.

9. Post #449
    April 2009
    38 Posts
    It works now! thank you very mutch aVoN!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #450
    December 2007
    42 Posts
    Um... the link to gm_mount² - lite is working fine, but the original one isn't.
    What's the difference between them anyway?

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Um... the link to gm_mount² - lite is working fine, but the original one isn't.
    What's the difference between them anyway?
    Fixed links. Difference between them is printed below the download buttons.

Edited:

Wow, it seems the update fixed the slow walk, thanks

Oh and I hexed the L4D2 infected if you care http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82237
    Oh wow, then I guess it was because of one of the errors I fixed today in the hook to IFileSystem:FindNext()

12. Post #452
    September 2009
    3,711 Posts
    Could you make a spawn list?

13. Post #453
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    For? There are already some.

14. Post #454

May 2010
    2 Posts
    When i try to spawn a L4D2 prop, gmod freezes. Does anybody else have this problem?

15. Post #455
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    When i try to spawn a L4D2 prop, gmod freezes. Does anybody else have this problem?
    Quick question: What CPU do you have or does your CPU support SSE2? (Most of AMD/Intel at the current time should support it). I compiled all binaries using SSE2 instructions when possible to give it a little boost.

16. Post #456

May 2010
    2 Posts
    I have an AMD Anhtlhon II X2 3.00 ghz

17. Post #457
    March 2008
    441 Posts
    For me happen the same. I am using gm_mount2 lite.

18. Post #458
    July 2009
    9,889 Posts
    Yeah its fucked.
    When you try to spawn a L4D Ragdoll G-Mod crashes.
    It worked before the update tough.
    Please help.

19. Post #459
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,944 Posts
    Yeah I get that, spawning L4D1-L4D2 props makes it Gmod crash, I havent tried other Mount2 addons though.

20. Post #460
    July 2009
    9,889 Posts
    aVoN could you fix this problem please?

21. Post #461
    November 2008
    50 Posts
    I'm having the same L4D2 crash problem.

Also, DIPRIP can't be mounted anymore, for some odd reason.

22. Post #462
    January 2010
    5 Posts
    wait what is the GMod Root folder?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod?
    or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod ?

23. Post #463
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    wait what is the GMod Root folder?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod?
    or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod ?
    Second one.
    Also: Do not copy & paste it on your own, use the version I uploaded there.

And I'll take a look at it soon.

Edited:

I just noticed, my game was able to spawn a few props and then crashed.
    I compiled the dll in debug-mode (so I can better see, where it crashs) and I didn't got the crashes this time.
    So it has to be one of the new compiler-options I enabled. I'll fix it.

Edited:

Just found and fixed the problematic compiler option. Uploading the fix soon.

Edited:

Fix uploaded.

24. Post #464
    July 2009
    9,889 Posts
    Did you replace the original download link?

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Did you replace the original download link?
    Everything source is always up-to-date.

26. Post #466
    July 2009
    9,889 Posts
    Heh thanks.
    Instantly gonna try it.

27. Post #467
    November 2008
    50 Posts
    DIPRIP Warm Up is still unavailable to mount even though I just played it.

Can somebody else confirm this, so I know it's not just my computer.

28. Post #468
    March 2008
    441 Posts
    Now it works

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    DIPRIP Warm Up is still unavailable to mount even though I just played it.

Can somebody else confirm this, so I know it's not just my computer.
    I noticed some games being "unavailable" while they should be available also. Fixing tomorrow.

30. Post #470
    September 2009
    3,711 Posts
    For? There are already some.
    Not for me, I don't want to keep going to browse and restart gmod when browse crashes.

31. Post #471
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Thanks for the "fix" aVoN, I cant believe I was so stupid I didnt manage to delete the spawnlists lol..

32. Post #472
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    Not for me, I don't want to keep going to browse and restart gmod when browse crashes.
    Then create your own spawnlist using "Browse". It's that easy. I just created a few spawnlists which contains a few models which looked well to me.

Creating all these spawnlists and icons also took me around 4-6 hours because of clicking on all the icons and submenus and GMod tends to crash more often especially if you create too much spawnicons in one session (probably a memory leak).

33. Post #473
    October 2008
    1,249 Posts
    Then create your own spawnlist using "Browse". It's that easy. I just created a few spawnlists which contains a few models which looked well to me.

Creating all these spawnlists and icons also took me around 4-6 hours because of clicking on all the icons and submenus and GMod tends to crash more often especially if you create too much spawnicons in one session (probably a memory leak).
    Gmod crashes because you have to load to much models and their textures, every time you create spawnicons then the model and its texture were loaded in the memory, it's like you spawned the model the first time if the session (so probably not a memory leak). It's needed to render the icon. ;)

34. Post #474
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    It's some sort of a leak because of missing memory management: The model is not "in the world", so source could give it's memory free if necessary (but it doesn't).

35. Post #475
    October 2008
    1,249 Posts
    It's some sort of a leak because of missing memory management: The model is not "in the world", so source could give it's memory free if necessary (but it doesn't).
    After you created a spawnicon of a model you can spawn the model with out loading because it's loaded already, but you are right it really could give it's memory free. ;)

Useful would it be to have a concommand to clear the model cache. :D

36. Post #476
    July 2009
    2,716 Posts
    It breaks my gmod.
    It has a problem with lua and it doesnt let me see any shit.

37. Post #477
    August 2009
    13 Posts
    Seem to be working fine for me now! Thank you so much aVoN~ <3

38. Post #478
    May 2009
    330 Posts
    Man the whole point of mounting is all messed up now. this addon is ruined just because garry wants to show the players hes in control. hes like a corrupt dictator. he can do anything he wants and get away with it.

Another example of how anything garrysmod related (game, site, downloads, etc) keeps becoming more and more messed up. Every update in the last year practically have made me want to play less and less. i used to play like 5 hours a day. itd be lucky to see me online 5 hours a month nowadays.

Edited:

I didn't make this change to be an asshole.
    well it doesnt mean your not one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,880 Posts
    It breaks my gmod.
    It has a problem with lua and it doesnt let me see any shit.
    This "bugreport" is not helpful. Post more details and a condump.

40. Post #480
    March 2009
    728 Posts
    I downloaded the "lite" version and I had the problem everyone else was having with the l4d models. You'd spawn one and gmod crashes. But it seems that people are saying it was fixed? Is it fixed in the svn download version?

Edit: Works fine for me now, thanks a million!