1. Post #401
    December 2007
    67 Posts
    We should have rebuilt the swastika with construction posts! And a dead cow in the center... >.>

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,832 Posts
    I will soon be preparing ground to make myself a house. I already can feed myself for a lifetime (got a fishing rod, lot of earthworms and lures and fish jumping out of the water).

3. Post #403
    December 2007
    67 Posts
    Good stuff, Fish will get you by for a while. Especially now that it feeds better.

4. Post #404
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,020 Posts
    Just want to point out: There are hardly any unclaimed mines left. Be prepared to be disappointed. Many people have complained on the forums about how much they've searched. I have also searched a good Regional Map size of the map to find nothing. Most mines are either claimed between towns or claimed and abandoned. You might just have to wait until they add the new super grids to the map or change the system at all. Tons of people do not have any metal, especially around my area.
    Really? In the last map people were finding mines constantly. It was only the main supergrid that had them depleted.

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    927 Posts
    Really? In the last map people were finding mines constantly. It was only the main supergrid that had them depleted.
    Yeah. This map is almost bone-dry.

Also, be careful not to eat too much fish guys. The bonus FEP will help bring the amount needed down, but too much fish will increase your intelligence too much and make it harder to increase other skills.

6. Post #406
    October 2008
    107 Posts
    Some aasshole keeps stealing and wrecking my stuff.

IM getting tired of it, and i hope i can meet the guy, because i want to work something out with him before it gets out of hand, because ill buy yeomanry and track him down and kill him if it keeps up.

7. Post #407
    December 2007
    67 Posts
    Yep me and x-quake had our cows stolen. Now I would like to see them try. We built palisades around everything and keep the gates locked anytime we are offline or out of sight range. Not to mention my claim keeps people who dont have criminal skills at least 1 unit away from the fences.

8. Post #408
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,241 Posts
    For fish, only cook it if it's the type of FEP you want. Otherwise eat it raw, fish doesn't have bad effects when eaten raw like other meat does.

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts

I stumbled upon someone's place when wandering around :o

Is it anyone from FP?

Edited:

Also my crib is coming along nicely:

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,832 Posts
    Also, how to roast meat and cook fishes? Tried using a fireplace but in vain.

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts
    Also, how to roast meat and cook fishes? Tried using a fireplace but in vain.
    Go near the fire, right click it.

Now Craft > Cooking > Meat and you're done.

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts
    Also is Prospecting worth getting?

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    927 Posts
    Also is Prospecting worth getting?
    If you are LUCKY enough to stumble upon some minerals that are left from the mine-grab, then sure. You will need to have a jar and some rustroot to make rustroot extract for prospecting. You'll need a decent amount of Perception * Exploration to see rustroot while foraging, mind you.

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,714 Posts
    A decent amount? You need at least 400 Perception * Exploration. That's more than decent.

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts
    If you are LUCKY enough to stumble upon some minerals that are left from the mine-grab, then sure. You will need to have a jar and some rustroot to make rustroot extract for prospecting. You'll need a decent amount of Perception * Exploration to see rustroot while foraging, mind you.
    Sounds like waaaaaaaaay too much work.

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    927 Posts
    A decent amount? You need at least 400 Perception * Exploration. That's more than decent.
    I can't remember exactly, but I had like 25 Exploration and 18 perception when I started seeing them pretty well. Or maybe it was 30? Either way, not insane but a bit of work.

And, yeah, it is a lot of work. Especially because it is mostly for naught when mines are very scarce or claimed.

17. Post #417
    December 2007
    67 Posts
    Pretty much is. And no, I have 19 perception and 25 exploration, I find rustroot just fine.

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    724 Posts

I stumbled upon someone's place when wandering around :o

Is it anyone from FP?
    I think I saw that camp too! I might be near your camp.

19. Post #419
    November 2007
    2,572 Posts
    Well if anyone wanted to make a palisade its gona suck a bit more now.
    Palisades now require 10 leather 2 glues and 5 ropes per initial post.
    along with the original 100 blocks.

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts
    I think I saw that camp too! I might be near your camp.
    I placed a Runestone in that camp, it says that my house is to the South-West of that camp.

I'm "Marx" by the way :buddy:, come visit me sometime.

But don't steal my shit.

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    724 Posts
    Going exploring again, let's see if I can find it.

Edited:

Darn it, kinda lost

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts

tharr

Edited:

I can give ya an image of my minimap too.

Edited:

Wait a second, I think I can see your camp/place on the map.

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    724 Posts
    Yeah, that could be pretty usefull

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts

Is THIS your place?

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    724 Posts
    Nope, I'm in a fir forest, quite a bit away, but I'm sure I saw that camp a few posts back yesterday.
    Currently at a a river, going north to south.

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts

Well I can tell ya, I'm nowhere near a river. To the south and north of me are two Swamps.

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    724 Posts
    And I've seen THAT camp too, on my minimap

Edited:

Holy shit, I was really close to you yesterday. Think I've gone in the wrong direction.

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts
    Well I'm gonna go sleep rite now, place a runestone somewhere if you visited me :buddy:

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    724 Posts
    Think I've gone past you already, going to look around some more, then I'll quit too.

Edited:

Well, I died, freaking boars.

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    927 Posts
    Well if anyone wanted to make a palisade its gona suck a bit more now.
    Palisades now require 10 leather 2 glues and 5 ropes per initial post.
    along with the original 100 blocks.
    Yeah. A lot of people were griefing with them. Jorb hopes this will make it harder for those people to create the initial post for fencing people in.

Although it might help, it is a bit pricey to make 5 ropes. That is 50 strings, more than the insane amount we keep at all times at our place. We do have tons of bones, though. Good thing we already have some corner-posts we plan to extend upon instead of building new-new ones.

31. Post #431
    December 2007
    67 Posts

Well I can tell ya, I'm nowhere near a river. To the south and north of me are two Swamps.
    OH... that is your place... Guess I'll put all your stuff back.... Just kidding :D I know where you are though.

32. Post #432
    November 2007
    2,572 Posts
    Yeah. A lot of people were griefing with them. Jorb hopes this will make it harder for those people to create the initial post for fencing people in.

Although it might help, it is a bit pricey to make 5 ropes. That is 50 strings, more than the insane amount we keep at all times at our place. We do have tons of bones, though. Good thing we already have some corner-posts we plan to extend upon instead of building new-new ones.
    I doubt it will really stop griefing, it just fucks over new people and people with certain locations.

I live between 2 cliffs, this means that I need 4 initial posts if I want 1 gate on each side or 3 if I want to wall off a side.

If I chose 3 that would mean that in addition to the 300 blocks of wood I would need:
    30 pieces of leather
    60 pieces of bone material
    and 150 pieces of string

Fuck that.
    This really feels like it was thought through in 5 min.

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts
    OH... that is your place... Guess I'll put all your stuff back.... Just kidding :D I know where you are though.
    Do you know any wheat or flax fields anywhere around here?

I need seeds D:

34. Post #434
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,241 Posts
    To get seeds you need to find Wild Windsown Weeds or WWWs, or someone who has the seeds could give them to you and you can keep replanting them.

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,397 Posts
    i feel like writing a guide

"DDSN's COOL PEOPLE GUIDEBOOK FOR COOL PEOPLE: TO OPEN THIS BOOK YOU NEED TO BE COOL"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #436
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,744 Posts
    Enter the world, im naked, i try to build a fire, a bear knocks me out, i try to run, it chases me and knocks me out again :<

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts
    Enter the world, im naked, i try to build a fire, a bear knocks me out, i try to run, it chases me and knocks me out again :<
    Whenever you see a bear/boar/deer/anything big, RUN LIKE FUCK

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    724 Posts
    Deers are cool, just don't fuck with them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    December 2007
    67 Posts
    Best tactic it to run for the nearest body of water, find a spot where the shallows are large or very irregular so he gets stuck. If no water is nearby... good luck!

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,369 Posts
    Best tactic it to run for the nearest body of water, find a spot where the shallows are large or very irregular so he gets stuck. If no water is nearby... good luck!
    I just run to my Log Cabin, works every time because everything is fenced off.