1. Post #121
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,704 Posts
    I do want this. Badly.

The amount of times I've had a Opera tab open for checking functions is getting one too many now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 8 (list)

2. Post #122
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    I do want this. Badly.

The amount of times I've had a Opera tab open for checking functions is getting one too many now.
    It's been released.

3. Post #123
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,704 Posts
    It's been released.
    Oh, nice.

Give me books.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,370 Posts
    Boxes, not books. And awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    October 2005
    51 Posts
    Really, I'm afraid I can only experience the slowdown in Windows 7, latest version of N++ and the plugin. I've seen it in some videos recorded on 7 too, where the person commentating will actually stop typing and let it finish. Originally I thought it was the size of the library, but after much investigation, I've found it to be related to the DLL(editing langs.xml produces no slowdown what so ever).
    You're right, it's because Notepad++'s base framework Scintilla copies the whole list of keywords several times between array and string format while transferring it to the GmodLua dll every time a letter is typed. Not much to be done except load the keywords independently or fix the problem and submit the fix to Scintilla.

Edited:

I've submitted a bug ticket to Scintilla. In time, the lag may be improved.
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?fun...39&atid=102439

6. Post #126
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    On the subject of Notepad++, is there a way to export a user defined language to a plugin?

7. Post #127
    March 2009
    1,088 Posts
    How should this one work?
    I mean I've got so far that it is activated when I'm in N++, but nothing more, no IntelliSense style stuff or anything :S

8. Post #128
    Gold Member

June 2007
    5,036 Posts
    This is totally epic!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member

April 2009
    726 Posts
    -Snip-

Got it working :D

10. Post #130
    July 2009
    7,132 Posts
    Replace &quot; with ", and etc

Edited:

ALSO hide the luaisense dropdown menu from taskbar.

Edited:

In addition, it pastes the word too slow for me D:

11. Post #131
    June 2008
    36 Posts
    This is quite good :D!

12. Post #132
    June 2010
    1,402 Posts
    Does that works for VS2010 ? I know it's not made for it, but it's always open for me.

13. Post #133
    May 2010
    188 Posts
    try it out :)
    look at the first post, all programs that do text input in a certain way

Edited:

also, using gluar, it always appears at the top left of the screen (using dual screen tho, but always top left on screen 1)
    and how can you let it complete it?
    pressing enter -> nothing
    pressing tab -> nothing
    pressing space -> space in search window

14. Post #134
    cpf
    November 2007
    343 Posts
    Until it's inside a real, worthwhile editor all the issues mentioned above are just gonna stay (also due to my lack of enthusiasm). And I have yet to see a quality .net gmod lua editor that isn't buggy premade highlighter control+lame chrome+average 2.5 "OMG LOOK" gimmicks, so y'all intellisense addicts out there are gonna have to wait.

/rant

15. Post #135
    October 2009
    64 Posts
    penis

(User was banned for this post ("Spam" - Benji))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2Lua King Lua King x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,330 Posts
    This is useful, but if you get more people working on it, i'm sure it can easily be fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    September 2010
    492 Posts
    i cant get this working
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 8Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #138
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    i cant get this working
    I wonder why, maybe it would be useful to read the last post, and then look at when it was posted.
    Ahhh, how amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    January 2010
    213 Posts
    Shame, it's bugged... I'd love to use it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #140
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Shame, it's bugged... I'd love to use it...
    I use memory and the lua wiki.
    I also have a handy dandy little auto complete program that i just press CTRL+SPACE and it auto fills int he rest of the function/variable/enum/ect, and if there is more than 1 possibilities it gives me a list of them. :D

Sublime Text 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    May 2009
    321 Posts
    Someone said it was released, where's the download link?
    Or am I just blind?

Yeah, I'm blind. 3rd page. >.>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #142
    Best Serious RP
    December 2006
    177 Posts
    I just realized I can use this on Sublime Text 2, you sir deserve a gold star.

23. Post #143

August 2008
    257 Posts
    I use memory and the lua wiki.
    I also have a handy dandy little auto complete program that i just press CTRL+SPACE and it auto fills int he rest of the function/variable/enum/ect, and if there is more than 1 possibilities it gives me a list of them. :D

Sublime Text 2
    Sublime Text 2 made me Bluescreen, haven't used it since.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Real men don't need autocomplete. They use Nano/Vi/Vim/Emacs, and no wiki. They just guess the functions until they get them right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    July 2011
    408 Posts
    Real men don't need autocomplete. They use Nano/Vi/Vim/Emacs, and no wiki. They just guess the functions until they get them right.
    Real men don't learn a language they just keep typing stuff until they get it right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Real men don't learn a language they just keep typing stuff until they get it right
    Real men speak with actions.

And OT, this program is a piece of shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member

October 2010
    457 Posts
    How are we supposed to get this working?
    I launch it and notepad++ and it doesn't work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    LOL
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,070 Posts
    It's not working for me either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #149
    If anyone wants it that badly I can go ask Cpf and see if he'll update this.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member

October 2010
    457 Posts
    If anyone wants it that badly I can go ask Cpf and see if he'll update this.
    doitfaggot.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

31. Post #151
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,330 Posts
    i cant get this working
    Need I reply with my year old post that clearly stated it wasn't working?

32. Post #152
    cpf
    November 2007
    343 Posts
    [h2]NEW UPDATE![/h2]
    Until it's inside a real, worthwhile editor all the issues mentioned above are just gonna stay (also due to my lack of enthusiasm). And I have yet to see a quality .net gmod lua editor that isn't buggy premade highlighter control+lame chrome+average 2.5 "OMG LOOK" gimmicks, so y'all intellisense addicts out there are gonna have to wait.
    I don't think the situation has changed. If it doesn't work for you, then, well, sucks to be you then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member

October 2010
    457 Posts
    [h2]NEW UPDATE![/h2]

I don't think the situation has changed. If it doesn't work for you, then, well, sucks to be you then?
    Right, Download link?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #154
    May 2010
    450 Posts
    Cpf. Could you please make a turtorial how you install this amazing software? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    July 2009
    68 Posts
    I ran the exe file, what now?

36. Post #156
    Dennab
    March 2006
    67 Posts
    This is really nice.

37. Post #157

May 2011
    151 Posts
    How do I use this software. The program seems to be running in my task-bar, yet nothing happens when I use notepad++. Even when I type exactly what he used in the video at the beginning of this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    June 2008
    36 Posts
    Using this today and still works great! Very nice piece of work here, deserves some recognition.

I have a question though, does the definitions ever update by itself? Probably not aye, it doesn't seem to use the internet or just me. If your still working on this, maybe it's good to think of a way to do that?

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    650 Posts
    nice.

my current notepadd++ setup is absolute garbage. The function list on the right hand side doesn't work and the autocomplete is a pain in the ass.

I would gladly switch to this if you could get function listing working. it makes working on bigger files easier.
    I code in notepad! I haven't had a chance to install NPP because I am a lazy fucker.

Edited:

Using this today and still works great! Very nice piece of work here, deserves some recognition.

I have a question though, does the definitions ever update by itself? Probably not aye, it doesn't seem to use the internet or just me. If your still working on this, maybe it's good to think of a way to do that?
    Oh and he stopped developing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #160
    July 2009
    68 Posts
    Really sorry for bumping this thread, but does anyone have a copy of this. Because I can't find any link.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)