1. Post #1

August 2007
    550 Posts
    Supbra

Decided that Underdone is in fact done so I'm passing the torch so to say. Might see me around, might not idk but here is what is important.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=93409

I give you full permission to do as you please.

I love you all, except that one guy (You know who you are).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly x 33Funny x 5Useful x 2Lua King x 2Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    August 2008
    263 Posts
    Holy shit! awesome

Edited:

Time to go through it and fix all the grammar!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    730 Posts
    I'm completely confused ....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    155 Posts
    Polkm, what happend? why are you releasing it? This doesn't seem like you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    December 2009
    1,010 Posts
    any pics? what is this even?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply China Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    November 2007
    506 Posts
    What the hell happened? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2010
    712 Posts
    Yet more edrama in the world of GMod O god I love it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    metromod.net
    October 2007
    1,120 Posts
    i dont see any drama here, watchu talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    February 2009
    124 Posts
    ow god, this makes me very sad to hear :(. It just makes me wanna cry, you cant giveup like this! i want you to keep fight since you'v done SO great job so far... please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    816 Posts
    Why'd he quit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

December 2009
    2 Posts
    Gamemode rocks, keep upgrading it, don't release! IT'S YOUR GAMEMODE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    February 2009
    124 Posts
    im not sure :( i gotta talk to him as soon as possible..

Edited:

that one guy probably is "Dirty_Byrd"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2010
    712 Posts
    i dont see any drama here, watchu talking about
    The release of this was for a reason and that was some kinda Edrama
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    August 2008
    895 Posts
    Cool that you released it, however:

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'PlayerAuthed' Failed: ...nderdone/gamemode/core/serverfiles/savingloading.lua:5: attempt to call method 'AddItem' (a nil value)

Havn't touched the code, and I do have glon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    I think I know why:

Some guy named Jimmy said Beta- was abusing admin commands, Polkm took away Beta-'s admin abilities and perma banned him.
    About a week later Beta- came back pissed, being the damn hacker or whatever he is, he has multiple SteamIDs. So whenever Polkm banned him, he could just come back with another, then he said "I'll take the server down constantly if you don't give me my admin back" (something like that).
    Then he said "Add me on Steam Polkm" and I don't know what happened after that

This is my guess because it's the last drama I've heard about.

But either way; fuck you beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    December 2009
    1,010 Posts
    serenity claims another life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply China Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    262 Posts
    Cool that you released it, however:

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'PlayerAuthed' Failed: ...nderdone/gamemode/core/serverfiles/savingloading.lua:5: attempt to call method 'AddItem' (a nil value)

Havn't touched the code, and I do have glon.
    Looks like some files could be missing or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18

August 2007
    550 Posts
    oops spelling mistake here is the updated version:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=93409

Don't worry about me, I want to move on to greater pastures and program more complex environments. Don't worry about beta, last I talked to him he was crying about me unbanning him or something. Don't worry about Underdone, it was a great learning experience maybe some one else will pick it up.

I made a lot of friends and I would like to stay in touch if I can while I work on my other endeavors.

Finally if someone does pick this up please make sure to be nice to all the fans of Underdone, they helped me so much it would be wrong to turn your back on them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Lua King Lua King x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    262 Posts
    oops spelling mistake here is the updated version:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=93400

Don't worry about me, I want to move on to greater pastures and program more complex environments. Don't worry about beta, last I talked to him he was crying about me unbanning him or something. Don't worry about Underdone, it was a great learning experience maybe some one else will pick it up.

I made a lot of friends and I would like to stay in touch if I can while I work on my other endeavors.

Finally if someone does pick this up please make sure to be nice to all the fans of Underdone, they helped me so much it would be wrong to turn your back on them.
    I am looking at putting a few servers up for this soon :)
    So i will keep your gamemode running for a bit.

Also the gamemode still doesn't load and you get this error.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

August 2007
    550 Posts
    You sure you have the newest downloaded version, I can't seam to get that error anymore with the version I uploaded.

You might have to delete the old save files in the data folder. The folder should be called Underdone.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    640 Posts
    He fixed that in the updated version but now it's "db" nil value on line 27
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22

August 2007
    550 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Are the official servers staying up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    262 Posts
    If not i wouldn't mind hosting some high quality official servers.

Everything seems ok apart from nothing spawns like the npcs, props and anything needed for quests etc.
    Just looks like map data is missing.

Also the admin commands still give the db error, and the animations don't seem to be working as they do on the official servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

August 2007
    550 Posts
    As far as I know they will be up as long as the host guy wants them to be, Its really out of my control.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    metromod.net
    October 2007
    1,120 Posts
    You still missed some lines in sh_resource.

'underdone(Release)' should be underdone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27

August 2007
    550 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28

March 2009
    65 Posts
    Sad to know that it is uploaded :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Faroe Islands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    November 2007
    646 Posts
    Where do the save files save at?

Nevermind, found it. But how do you edit them?

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    May 2007
    398 Posts
    Mwhahahaha, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    November 2007
    506 Posts
    If not i wouldn't mind hosting some high quality official servers.

Everything seems ok apart from nothing spawns like the npcs, props and anything needed for quests etc.
    Just looks like map data is missing.

Also the admin commands still give the db error, and the animations don't seem to be working as they do on the official servers.
    Can you post the i.p's want its up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32

March 2009
    65 Posts
    Where do the save files save at?

Nevermind, found it. But how do you edit them?
    Type on your keyboard :P But isn't it in data?

Edited:

But, thanks polkm

Edited:

Oh, and could you tell me how to spawn snpcs etc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Faroe Islands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    262 Posts
    Everything works as far as i can see apart from no npcs, props for quests are spawning and the admin commands give this error,
    also as already mentioned the animations seem a bit stuttery compared to the official server version.

...amemode/core/serverfiles/commands/admin_commands.lua:91: attempt to index global 'db' (a nil value)

34. Post #34

March 2009
    65 Posts
    Everything works as far as i can see apart from no npcs, props for quests are spawning and the admin commands give this error,
    also as already mentioned the animations seem a bit stuttery compared to the official server version.

...amemode/core/serverfiles/commands/admin_commands.lua:91: attempt to index global 'db' (a nil value)

Yes. I get the same error there.

Edited:

Another error:

underdone/gamemode/core/sharedfiles/sh_stats.lua:49: attempt to call method 'SetStat' (a nil value)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Faroe Islands Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #35

August 2007
    550 Posts

The admin commands are using our special mysql and gate keeper ban system, your gunna have to use a thirdparty admin mod or edit eh commands to your own system.
    The animations on a dedi server are much better then on a local server. If you want super smooth animations like in old age you shoudl write a script the turns off client prediction.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    262 Posts
    The admin commands are using our special mysql and gate keeper ban system, your gunna have to use a thirdparty admin mod or edit eh commands to your own system.
    The animations on a dedi server are much better then on a local server. If you want super smooth animations like in old age you shoudl write a script the turns off client prediction.
    Alrighty np.
    Well anyways how do we get the other things working?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

March 2009
    65 Posts
    SNPC's and stuffs like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Faroe Islands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38

August 2007
    550 Posts
    Ok so if I'm not mistaken the map editor is still in the underdone gamemode folder so you shoudl be able to type the command ud_dev_editmap and get the map editor to come up. Its really an atrocity to work with an I hope you don't hurt your self working with it but its the best we got, I don't suggest you do more then place npcs and place boxes. the concoammnd might not be right but I think its close so look for a command that makes sense.

Quick edit, I got this e-mail from Kevin, not sure who that is but I think he and I would apreciat it if you could maybe use these items. I personally haven't gotten a chance to look at them but maybe the news guys might want to add it.
    --This item should be dropped from Vortiguants or crafted
    local Item = QuickCreateItemTable(BaseArmor, "armor_sheild_energy", "Energy Shield", "A shield created from pure energy", "icons/junk_cog")
     Item = AddModel(Item, "models/props_combine/portalball.mdl", Vector(1.95, 3.9, -0.24), Angle(0, 90, 0), nil, "", Vector(0.06, 0.12, 0.05))
    Item = AddStats(Item, "slot_offhand", 76)
     Item = AddBuff(Item, "stat_agility", 2)
    Item.Weight = 1
    Item.SellPrice = 7940
    Register.Item(Item)

--This item needs tweaking
    local Item = QuickCreateItemTable(BaseArmor, "armor_sheild_pod", "Energy Shield", "A shield created from pure energy", "icons/junk_cog")
     Item = AddModel(Item, "models/advisorpodskybox.mdl", Vector(-2.44, -3.41, -16.59), Angle(-5.49, -90, -90), nil, "", Vector(0.4, 0.61, 0.58))
    Item = AddStats(Item, "slot_offhand", 76)
     Item = AddBuff(Item, "stat_agility", 2)
    Item.Weight = 1
    Item.SellPrice = 7940
    Register.Item(Item)

39. Post #39
    February 2010
    712 Posts
    So this means your going to stop working on it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

August 2007
    550 Posts
    Yea Bekka and I are done I don't know about the other people though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)