1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    626 Posts
    Yeah they are updating it then going round spamming the IP on other underdone servers like ours and it's just pathetic. We updated ours too but we don't go spamming it and crashing other servers...

2. Post #122
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    grea$emonkey
    btw i tryed this jumper before, srsly so awesome xD

3. Post #123
    March 2009
    154 Posts
    It Was Falon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    September 2009
    123 Posts
    None of my friendly NPCs show up when I make them. I can make enemy spawn points, but that's it. Do other addons interfere with this, like ASS mod?

5. Post #125
    March 2009
    154 Posts
    None of my friendly NPCs show up when I make them. I can make enemy spawn points, but that's it. Do other addons interfere with this, like ASS mod?
    ass mod breaks the gamemod

6. Post #126
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    whatever guys will u help me.
    about why npc and monsters dont spawn :(

7. Post #127

August 2007
    550 Posts
    Just to clarify Bekka, Noobulator, and myself are the only people contributing code to UD, there was a content team comprised of fowah, raught, noggle and keitaro but they only contributed item, and quest code ect. There was a couple other one or two time contributors for items as well. Then of course there were the masses of people who took the time to report bugs for us.

So to say your "An original coder" is basically like giving bekka, noob, and myself a huge middle finger, especially because we willingly released it to the public.

8. Post #128
    September 2009
    123 Posts
    So I can run this fine in singleplayer, but if I bring it into multiplayer my inventory tab won't load.

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    345 Posts
    Tried deleting your data? it might have been corrupted check data/underdone folder.

10. Post #130
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    oka guys i'll will try to delete the underdone mod and download it again, and see if it work.
    btw do i have to do anything to get the npc and monsters to spawn?.
    or just set it in gamemode? then it should work?
    if i have to set a spawn point then pls help me seriously i never tryed that before...
    or just tell me what to go like underdone\something\something pls help me i really want my server up...

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    345 Posts
    you use the map editor that is provided with the gamemode for npc spawns. Try not to use the map spawns as it is abit buggy. In singleplayer type in console UD_Dev_EditMap

12. Post #132
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    try join this pls
    93.160.112.213:27000

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,064 Posts
    I'd join but the ping looks a bit high. Been working on a custom version myself.

Is there any reason the rebel_smg was using the combine npc as a base?

14. Post #134
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    ehm... bekka i can't find the map editor..

btw guys isn't it like other gamemods were i just put the gamemod in gamemode then all should work the npc monster all that stuff...
    btw the npc and monsters is linket to this map u guys maked right?

15. Post #135
    September 2009
    123 Posts
    So I found the problem, but I have no idea how to fix it as my lua knowledge is not high at all.

Code:
    lblNewStat:SetText(stat.PrintName .. " " .. LocalPlayer().Stats[stat.Name])
    Code:
    Error when calling 'inventorytab':Init (...one/gamemode/core/clientfiles/menutabs/inventory.lua:132: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value))
    And the error ingame

16. Post #136
    July 2009
    4,161 Posts
    What is this mod?

17. Post #137
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    I closed the old thread. It's somewhere in the gamemodes root forum.

18. Post #138

August 2007
    550 Posts
    I'd join but the ping looks a bit high. Been working on a custom version myself.

Is there any reason the rebel_smg was using the combine npc as a base?
    We found that using npc_citizens was laggy, so we opted for the combine with a modified relation to players.

19. Post #139
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    polkm, can u answer my question xD

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,064 Posts
    The inventory tab is confirmed broken (for me) whilst hosting a listen server. Same error as Messaice's.

Code:
    ERROR: GAMEMODE:'OnSpawnMenuOpen' Failed: ...done/gamemode/core/clientfiles/menus/cl_mainmenu.lua:59: attempt to index field 'InventoryTab' (a nil value)

21. Post #141
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    The inventory tab is confirmed broken (for me) whilst hosting a listen server. Same error as Messaice's.

Code:
    ERROR: GAMEMODE:'OnSpawnMenuOpen' Failed: ...done/gamemode/core/clientfiles/menus/cl_mainmenu.lua:59: attempt to index field 'InventoryTab' (a nil value)
    well i putted ulx mod in.
    and it say this when i press "Q"

join my server srsly i need help...
    93.160.112.213:27000 its just my test server

22. Post #142
    ezio audtioriet
    May 2007
    1,343 Posts
    I assume ASSMod and ULX both break the gamemode - but not sure.

23. Post #143
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    I assume ASSMod and ULX both break the gamemode - but not sure.
    that seriously sucks...

24. Post #144
    September 2009
    123 Posts
    I took assmod off, and it still doesn't work

25. Post #145
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    anyone got the script to set the npc and monsters...

Edited:

I closed the old thread. It's somewhere in the gamemodes root forum.
    can u give us the link pls..

26. Post #146
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    630 Posts
    Maybe if they didn't keep joining our servers and advertising people could host this happily and code for it but they are ruining it.
    If you're the owner of Jokerice then way to go stealing my scoreboard and all our items from the DUA folder sad little kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    260 Posts
    If you're the owner of Jokerice then way to go stealing my scoreboard and all our items from the DUA folder sad little kid.
    Nope i am but who cares if the files are shared to the client then anyone can take them if they want...
    Im sure if we had some good items you would steal them from us but it's not like i would care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    anyone got the script to set the npc and monsters...

Edited:

can u give us the link pls..
    Try searching.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    626 Posts
    Way to go trying to crash and spam every Underdone server but your own, sad little kid.

All people are trying to do is host a new Gamemode for fun and you guys have to keep trying to wreck it, it's unfair on everyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    630 Posts
    Nope i am but who cares if the files are shared to the client then anyone can take them if they want...
    Im sure if we had some good items you would steal them from us but it's not like i would care.
    You guys would never get good items so we wouldn't care.. But this just shows how sad you and your community is.

Edited:

Way to go trying to crash and spam every Underdone server but your own, sad little kid.

All people are trying to do is host a new Gamemode for fun and you guys have to keep trying to wreck it, it's unfair on everyone else.

Wasn't me but I know who did it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    260 Posts
    You guys would never get good items so we wouldn't care.. But this just shows how sad you and your community is. Enjoy the crashes.

Edited:

Wasn't me but I know who did it.
    If you are saying your gonna crash our servers then fine but you won't get very far...
    so whatever...

Please don't make me laugh end of

32. Post #152
    September 2009
    14 Posts
    Hey BomBom.
    Could you not steal my creations and Items and Armor and Weapons and Skills and Quests?

And I would also like to speak with you via MSN.

If your not a man I can understand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    ITT: Gamemode community drama.

Stop making assumptions and go talk to the people you are mad at in a calm and civil manner. This thread is not meant for whining at each other because you think someone else is to blame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    September 2009
    14 Posts
    ITT: Gamemode community drama.

Stop making assumptions and go talk to the people you are mad at in a calm and civil manner. This thread is not meant for whining at each other because you think someone else is to blame.
    I don't think someone stole something. I Know he stole it, since the skills and books and recipes all of the same exact description and wording.

Also I'm asking to talk with him via MSN but hes not responding.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    260 Posts
    We wouldn't mind talking over Steam, handing out emails to strangers is not a very bright thing to do. That is unless you're looking forward to spam filling your inbox.

36. Post #156
    March 2010
    23 Posts
    Try searching.
    trust me iu tryed but can't find it..
    pls help me....

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    725 Posts
    trust me iu tryed but can't find it..
    pls help me....
    You couldn't find this thread that is still on the front page only a small ways from the top? Weird.

38. Post #158
    September 2009
    14 Posts
    Here's a small help thing I created.

Code:
    Melee Weapons-

local Item = QuickCreateItemTable(BaseWeapon, "weapon_melee_<name>", "<name>", "<description>", "<weapons Icon>)
    Item = AddModel(Item, "<insert model>", Vector(0, 0, 0), Angle(0, 0, 0)) --There can be as many models as you want, keep it below 10 though.
    Item = AddStats(Item, <damage amount>, <speed>) --Numbers only.
    Item = AddSound(Item, "<sound it makes when swung>") --ex. weapons/iceaxe/iceaxe_swing1.wav
    Item.Level = <level req> -level required to use it.
    Item.Weight = <weight> -preferably between 1-10
    Item.SellPrice = <sellPrice> -Sell price to the shop.
    Register.Item(Item)

Ranged Weapons-

local Item = QuickCreateItemTable(BaseWeapon, "weapon_ranged_<name>", "<name>", "<description>", "<weapons Icon>")
    Item = AddModel(Item, "<insert model>", Vector(0, 0, 0), Angle(0, 0, 0)) --There can be as many models as you want, keep it below 10 though.
    Item = AddStats(Item, <damage>, <accuracy>, <speed>, <ammo clip>) --Low damage is good for quick firing weapons, high for slow. accuracy is from 1 - .00
    Item = AddSound(Item, "<fire sound>", "<Reload sound")
    Item.Level = <level req> --level required to use it.
    Item.Weight = <item weight> --preferably between 1-10
    Item.SellPrice = <sell Price> --Sell price to the shop.
    Item.HoldType = "<the way the char holds the weapon>" --ex Pistol, RPG, Crossbow, shotgun
    Item.AmmoType = "<ammo it shoots>" --ex smg1, AR2, SniperRound, buckshot
    Register.Item(Item)

Quests-

local Quest = {}
    Quest.Name = "quest_<quest title>" --no spaces
    Quest.PrintName = "<Quest Title>"
    Quest.Story = "<Story Told by NPC>"
    Quest.Level = <level req>
    Quest.ObtainItems = {}
    Quest.ObtainItems["<Item>"] = <amount>
    Quest.Kill = {}
    Quest.Kill["<Monster>"] = <amount>
    Quest.GainedExp = <exp>
    Quest.GainedItems = {}
    Quest.GainedItems["<item>"] = <amount>
    Register.Quest(Quest)

Armor-

local Item = QuickCreateItemTable(BaseArmor, "armor_<slot>_<name>", "<name>", "<Description>", "<armor icon>")
    Item = AddStats(Item, "slot_chest", <amount>) 
    Item = AddBuff(Item, "stat_<stat>", <amount>) --EX strength, dexterity, agility, luck, maxhealth
    Item.Level = <level req> --level required to use it.
    Item.Weight = <item weight> --preferably between 1-10
    Item.SellPrice = <sell Price> --Sell price to the shop
    Register.Item(Item)

Items-

local Item = QuickCreateItemTable(BaseFood, "item_<name>", "<name>", "<description>", "<Icon>")
    Item = AddHealth(Item, <Health>, <Time>)
    Item.Model = "<insert Model>"
    Item.Message = "<Message Shown when used>"
    Item.SellPrice = <sellprice>
    Item.Weight = <weight>
    Register.Item(Item)

Ammo-

local Item = QuickCreateItemTable(BaseAmmo, "item_<name>_<size>", "<name>", "<description>", "<ammo Icon>")
    Item = AddAmmo(Item, <amount>, "<ammo Type>")
    Item.Model = "<insert Model>"
    Item.SellPrice = <sellprice>
    Item.Weight = <weight>
    Register.Item(Item)

Recipes-

local Recipe = {}
    Recipe.Name = "recipe_<name>"
    Recipe.PrintName = "<name>"
    Recipe.NearFire = <true or false>
    Recipe.MakeTime = <time in seconds>
    Recipe.GainExp = <exp>
    Recipe.Chance = <chance to make>
    Recipe.Ingredients = {}
    Recipe.Ingredients["<item needed>"] = <amount> --Can be more than one
    Recipe.Products = {}
    Recipe.Products["<item gained>"] = <amount> --Can be more than one
    Recipe.RequiredMasters = {}
    Recipe.RequiredMasters["master_<mastery name>"] = <amount
    Register.Recipe(Recipe)

NPC-

local NPC = QuickNPC("<name(lowercase)>", "<name>", "npc_<npc name>", "<faction>", 1000, "<model(optional)>")
    AddDrop(NPC, "money", <chance>, <min>, <max>)
    AddDrop(NPC, "<item>", <chance>)
    AddMultiplier(NPC, <health>, <damage>) --health and damage is multiplied by integers inputed into those slots. 
    NPC.DeathDistance = 14 --Do not edit.
    NPC.Weapon = "weapon_<name>"
    Register.NPC(NPC)
    Enjoy creating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,064 Posts
    I don't think someone stole something. I Know he stole it, since the skills and books and recipes all of the same exact description and wording.

Also I'm asking to talk with him via MSN but hes not responding.
    Well this isn't the place to discuss it. Argue with them through other mediums, and if they refuse, it puts them in a bad light for refusing to take their drama out of the public light.

I have to say, every time I see this thread and it has over ten new posts, and being let down to see that these posts are not cool new developments but instead mindless bickering over who is crashing who's server, is extremely disappointing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Awesome gamemode, and there is a Team AWOL server, with this gamemode, for you australians... it's fucking awesome, and Team AWOL fixed some bugs etc. etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)