January 2009
    350 Posts
    To the map or to the actual list?
    The map.

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    345 Posts
    Go into singleplayer type in console ud_dev_mapeditor(or something like that forgot name)

Menu will pop up click on the white box and click npcs, point to where u want it to be placed then press add, then choose the npc level and spawn time. Do that for every spawn and then click the save button and it be in data/underdone/maps/MapName.bsp

3. Post #243
    January 2009
    350 Posts
    Ohh thanks.. :)

What is this error?
    weapons\weapon_primaryweapon\shared.lua:49: attempt to call method 'SetPlayerAnimation'

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    345 Posts

5. Post #245
    January 2009
    350 Posts
    Thanks.. this looks fun and easy to use.. so I'm gonna play around with it.

Another question... when you use the axe.. why does it slow you down? Can that be fixed?

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    345 Posts
    Thanks.. this looks fun and easy to use.. so I'm gonna play around with it.

Another question... when you use the axe.. why does it slow you down? Can that be fixed?
    Was used as a method of stopping people from just hitting a zombie then running away quickly before it had chance to get to you.

7. Post #247
    January 2009
    350 Posts
    Okay..

1 Last question, how do I make the prop that when you press e on it, you get a beer to finish the quest?

or which file is that under? Cause i can't seem to spawn it on the map.

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    I don't suppose you can just create it? I don't think it'd be all that difficult. Just make an Underdone entity with ENT:Use giving you the necessary item. Haven't read through the code so I may be missing something here, but it's something to use.

9. Post #249
    April 2010
    51 Posts
    On my server there are people who are past level 60, and the highest level npc is 50. It won't let me make the level any higher. I was wondering if there is a lua file I could edit to make it higher. I couldn't find it. Thanks!!!

10. Post #250
    March 2010
    689 Posts
    On my server there are people who are past level 60, and the highest level npc is 50. It won't let me make the level any higher. I was wondering if there is a lua file I could edit to make it higher. I couldn't find it. Thanks!!!
    There is but I don't know which one stebbzor knows, I think but now that he has quit gmod. I don't really know whats going to happen to gmodnet all that works on the server now is stuff you hit things with guns are broke till he will fix it if he fixes it ever. Hes never online to talk to me and I can't tell him to fix it and if I could I would ask which one you edit to change that but that may never happen.

11. Post #251
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,580 Posts
    @bfking

Yeah Stebbzor quitted GMod. But he isn't much online anymore. I don't realy know. Maybe he will join GMod again.

12. Post #252
    April 2010
    51 Posts
    Awesome gamemode!!!

Edited:

Could someone explain to me how to use the udk? Like I put it in my gamemodes folder and I went into game, but I don't know the command or how to use it. Could someone help me out?

13. Post #253
    March 2009
    154 Posts
    I have added monsters 1000+ on the orangecosmos server

14. Post #254
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    This should have been released when all the errors/bugs were fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    November 2009
    1,973 Posts
    Yeah I can't host a server with it without getting an inventory bug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    November 2009
    1,973 Posts
    Any MP fix yet?

17. Post #257

March 2010
    1 Posts
    Hey can some one give me coding on how to fix invitory bug and npc spawn ud_map_editor or ud_dev_mapeditor wont work??? and body help me plz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,256 Posts
    Yeah I can't host a server with it without getting an inventory bug.
    Do a full reinstall on the server, don't use any admin mod except NewAdmin or Sourcemod.

19. Post #259
    November 2009
    1,973 Posts
    Do a full reinstall on the server, don't use any admin mod except NewAdmin or Sourcemod.
    I don't have any admin mods on it. Any addons that would conflict?

20. Post #260
    March 2009
    154 Posts
    On the Oc server we got it working with assmod

21. Post #261
    Minecraft Servers
    August 2007
    167 Posts
    On the Oc server we got it working with assmod
    That's only because I fixed the problem, though the new ASSMod in development shouldn't conflict, no release date yet.

22. Post #262

October 2009
    63 Posts
    This is a dumbass question: but i cant get the thing to appear in the gamemodes list. I just cleaned Gmod, i download Underdone (i'm assuming it's an addon because it has an info.txt and the content/entities/gamemode folders, but when I start up Gmod all I have is fretta and sandbox!

Can anyone help me?

Weird, I didn't know you could put addons in the gamemodes folder. Thanks!

23. Post #263

July 2007
    81 Posts
    I am having a problem downloading , it says to confirm i have gmod by putting in my steam id but then it says it could not find it on the page, i have gmod so i dont understand why , my steam id is anddos21

24. Post #264
    April 2010
    51 Posts
    This is a dumbass question: but i cant get the thing to appear in the gamemodes list. I just cleaned Gmod, i download Underdone (i'm assuming it's an addon because it has an info.txt and the content/entities/gamemode folders, but when I start up Gmod all I have is fretta and sandbox!

Can anyone help me?
    Its not an addon it goes into your gamemode folder.

Edited:

I am having a problem downloading , it says to confirm i have gmod by putting in my steam id but then it says it could not find it on the page, i have gmod so i dont understand why , my steam id is anddos21
    Thats not your steam Id , your steam Id should have just numbers in it like this STEAMID:5465231556542 something like that. You can get your steam id by going into a game and typing in console status, then you will see your name with your steam id next to it.

25. Post #265
    November 2009
    1,973 Posts
    Man if someone made a item/quest pack this would be amazing.

26. Post #266
    May 2008
    206 Posts
    Man if someone made a item/quest pack this would be amazing.
    That would be really nice. I myself would like to see the large gap between quests get filled. I tried making some myself, but there was only so much I could think of.

27. Post #267
    April 2009
    557 Posts
    Has anyone scripted it so you can have quests to go talk to other npcs?

Also, where do i get the sql version?

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    260 Posts
    Has anyone scripted it so you can have quests to go talk to other npcs?

Also, where do i get the sql version?
    There is no public sql version.
    My UnderDone servers use mysql for everything but the custom gamemode version that i use isn't released.

29. Post #269
    April 2010
    581 Posts
    If someone gives me the fix, for mp ill make a quest pack, ect

30. Post #270
    April 2009
    557 Posts
    Why is it that rebel guards shoot at you even though they are supposed to be neutral...

Edited:

Bare underdone, not edited and i get this:
    UnderDone/gamemode/core/sharedfiles/sh_map.lua:70: stack overflow

function GM:UpdateWorldProp(intKey, strModel, vecPosition, angAngle, entEntity, boolLoad)
    	local tblToUpdateProp = GAMEMODE.MapEntities.WorldProps[intKey]
    	if tblToUpdateProp && ValidEntity(tblToUpdateProp.Entity) then
    		local entProp = tblToUpdateProp.Entity
    		if SERVER then
    			local strPreModel = entProp:GetModel()
    			entProp:SetModel(strModel or entProp:GetModel() or "models/props_junk/garbage_metalcan001a.mdl")
    			entProp:SetPos(vecPosition or entProp:GetPos())
    			if strPreModel != entProp:GetModel() && !boolLoad then entProp:SetPos(GetFlushToGround(entProp)) end
    			entProp:SetAngles(angAngle or entProp:GetAngles())
    			entProp:PhysicsInit(SOLID_VPHYSICS)
    			entProp:SetMoveType(MOVETYPE_NONE)
    			entProp:DrawShadow(false)
    			entProp:SetKeyValue("spawnflags", 8)
    			entProp.ObjectKey = intKey
    			if SinglePlayer() && player.GetByID(1) && player.GetByID(1):IsValid() then
    				SendUsrMsg("UD_UpdateWorldProp", player.GetByID(1), {intKey, entProp:GetModel(), entProp:GetPos(), entProp:GetAngles(), entProp})
    			end
    		end
    		tblToUpdateProp.Model = entProp:GetModel()
    		tblToUpdateProp.Postion = entProp:GetPos()
    		tblToUpdateProp.Angle = entProp:GetAngles()
    	else
    		GAMEMODE:CreateWorldProp(strModel, vecPosition, angAngle, entEntity)
    	end
    end

Alright, ive tried 3 times over, and i get the same result, i can place world objects and after i get to about 8 or so, it decides it's time to corrupt the file and won't let me view any in the editor. All objects i have placed appear apart from the barrel... and ive tried wiping out the code for the barrel (manual edit of datafile) and the overflow is still there...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    May 2010
    11 Posts
    I am having the same problem as Arrows with the map editor.
    I also believe that once you get the stack overflow error you cannot add any more World Props.
    If anyone finds a solution, please let us know!

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    260 Posts
    I am having the same problem as Arrows with the map editor.
    I also believe that once you get the stack overflow error you cannot add any more World Props.
    If anyone finds a solution, please let us know!
    I already found a solution by rewriting parts of the world editor.
    By basically making the world props spawn the same sort of way that the npc's do, if you notice even after reloading the npc spawns still work and you can edit them in the editor.

By what i have just said you should know how to fix it if your any good with lua.
    I would give you the fix but i keep any coding i do private in most cases.

33. Post #273
    August 2009
    26 Posts
    Is it possible to change the sliders in anyway that npcs could go up to say 10000?

And BomBom that would be awesome if you could release only your map editor. Or maybe do a tutorial on how to do so. Thanks.

34. Post #274
    May 2010
    11 Posts
    By basically making the world props spawn the same sort of way that the npc's do, if you notice even after reloading the npc spawns still work and you can edit them in the editor.

By what i have just said you should know how to fix it if your any good with lua.
    Thanks. I figured that's what I would have to do. It's good to know now that it will work. I'm modifying this just for myself and some friends so it's understandable that you would want to keep your coding private.

Please speak up if anyone can think of another fix. I don't claim myself to be a good coder and I doubt I'll get this working.

35. Post #275

January 2010
    93 Posts
    Okay this is kind of pissing me off.

I've created like 8 different Armor sets and added them to the shop. They work fine and all, but they aren't in any kind of order. I want it to be in an Order.

36. Post #276

May 2010
    1 Posts

Can you please elaborate?

37. Post #277
    February 2008
    8 Posts
    hey all, I have an issue that I believe hasn't been discussed. whenever I play in single player it starts me off as Level 0 thus not allowing me to accept a quest, also when I kill a zombie it displays "1.#INF" as exp on kill. any fix? or tell me where the lua is so I can see what I can do...

38. Post #278
    May 2010
    11 Posts
    hey all, I have an issue that I believe hasn't been discussed. whenever I play in single player it starts me off as Level 0 thus not allowing me to accept a quest, also when I kill a zombie it displays "1.#INF" as exp on kill. any fix? or tell me where the lua is so I can see what I can do...
    Are you using a clean install of Gmod and Underdone? I've never had this problem and I work with this mod exclusively in single player.

The file that tells what the player spawns with is here:
    underdone\gamemode\core\serverfiles\savingloading

Experience appears to be controlled here:
    underdone\gamemode\core\sharedfiles\sh_player_ex

--
    I figured out you can spawn props through the NPC spawn menu like this:
    Code:
    local NPC = QuickNPC("prop_driftwood", "Driftwood", "prop_physics", nil, nil, "models/props_foliage/driftwood_03a.mdl")
    NPC = AddDrop(NPC, "wood", 100, 1, 3)
    NPC = AddMultiplier(NPC, 3)
    NPC = AddBool(NPC, true, false, false)
    Register.NPC(NPC)
    But when it's killed, nothing drops. I looked around some files but didn't find an obvious answer. Any help?

39. Post #279
    April 2009
    557 Posts
    Since im a nice guy, ill share my Admin createitem command, this command is essential for any developer who wants to easily test items without doing so through the game.

--Credit Goes To Last.Exile For Cmd
    concommand.Add("UD_Admin_CreateItem", function(ply, command, args) 
    	if ply:IsAdmin() && args[1] then -- Make sure the player is a admin!
    	    local strItem = args[1] -- If the class entered is valid (not nil etc) Continue!
    		CreateWorldItem(strItem, 1, ply:GetPos() + Vector(0, 0, 30)) -- Spawn at Ply's Pos
    		print (ply:Nick() .." Spawned ".. args[1]) -- Let's print it to console to log it
    	end
    end)

For all you new coders, just copy and paste this code and put it at the bottom of "admin_commands" and while ingame (and have admin) simply type as stated above: UD_Admin_CreateItem and then your item class

So if i want some coffee UD_Admin_CreateItem item_drink_coffee

40. Post #280
    February 2010
    127 Posts
    Guys im making big armor and weapons pack + quest so be ready :-) can take a bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)