1. Post #1
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    dubstep is bad and you should feel bad

well, dubstep isn't bad by definition but the shit that everyone listens to is

welp cya
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb x 140Agree x 43Winner x 21Funny x 11Artistic x 1Disagree x 1Late x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    loves SHART and apologizes for being a dick
    June 2005
    12,659 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    YOUR DESKTOP IS SHIT YOU STUPID FUCKS
    August 2009
    5,308 Posts
    I really really hate dubstep. A bunch of twats were dicking around in their garage and were like "Hmmm, what will happen if I take this dnb and bring it from 190bpm to 140bpm?"

It is just boring as fuck to me; nothing beats some Prodigy, Crystal Method, or Pendulum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb x 137Agree x 101Disagree x 7Funny x 3Winner x 3Optimistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2005
    12,659 Posts
    I really really hate dubstep. A bunch of twats were dicking around in their garage and were like "Hmmm, what will happen if I take this dnb and bring it from 190bpm to 140bpm?"

It is just boring as fuck to me; nothing beats some Prodigy, Crystal Method, or Pendulum.
    from 175 to 70

Edited:

hell everything beats pendulum
    prodigy is just generic
    and so is crystal method now that I think about it

Edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-Qrbwcovw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 66Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

5. Post #5
    YOUR DESKTOP IS SHIT YOU STUPID FUCKS
    August 2009
    5,308 Posts
    from 175 to 70

Edited:

hell everything beats pendulum
    prodigy is just generic
    and so is crystal method now that I think about it

Edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-Qrbwcovw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep
    Dubstep tracks are generally produced at a tempo of around 140 beats per minute
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_n_bass
    The genre is characterized by fast breakbeats (typically between 160–190 bpm
    And if you think that the three aforementioned artists are generic then how the fuck can you say that dubstep isn't?!?

Edit: at Op

Spaghett!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    723 Posts
    Dubstep is the bastard child of DnB and Funky House. When I listen to dubstep, it all sounds like I'm running in a field of pudding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny x 87Agree x 7Disagree x 2Informative x 2Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    18,147 Posts
    Dubstep is fun to listen to. Don't really need validation when I enjoy both the styles that spawned it too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 28Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Antichristian Heathen Icelandic Bastard
    June 2008
    5,700 Posts
    You guys are forgetting the filthy dubstep

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Iceland Show Events Agree x 24Friendly x 7Disagree x 7Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2008
    832 Posts

And if you think that the three aforementioned artists are generic then how the fuck can you say that dubstep isn't?!?

Edit: at Op

Spaghett!
    140bpm is to 70bpm as 174bpm is to 87bpm. Just to clear things up.

Also, don't compare 3 artists with an entire genre.

Dub-step is very diverse:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2009
    965 Posts
    dubstep is being run into the ground at a fast rate

just look at hardstyle for example, died not that long ago cause of the ammount of same old crap being produced
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 50Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2010
    1,043 Posts
    Already a thread.

Anyway, I agree most dubstep nowadays is getting pretty generic. However there's a select few like Joy Orbison, SBTRKT, Burial etc. who are keeping it alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    Why do people keep posting that Sierra Leone track. Mt. Eden has better stuff.

The drums sound horrible on it. What's up with that snare, seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    How come the hate on dubstep? I think it's the greatest thing since metal.
    I love it when the drums groove sooo well with the bass, and the bass sounds really grimey and filthy, and then the glitchy sounds to complete it all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 9Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    January 2010
    1,043 Posts
    How come the hate on dubstep? I think it's the greatest thing since metal.
    I love it when the drums groove sooo well with the bass, and the bass sounds really grimey and filthy, and then the glitchy sounds to complete it all.
    I'm not hating. I like most dubstep, I just reckon it's starting to get a bit samey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    638 Posts
    I'm so happy I've got a sub-woofer to enjoy the quality that is dub-step.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,533 Posts
    one of my fav's

Then cookie monsta has some good ones, but it's personal taste if you wobble/filth or whatever.

[URL="

Edited:

or Don Skeleton

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,864 Posts
    wobwobwobwobPFF

this was my facebook status the other day.

Dubstep is ok in clubs, but I couldn't casually listen to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    December 2009
    6,407 Posts
    i hate mt eden lol, but love dubstep

my favourite right now:

along with:

also, a nice little one to end :D

Edited:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,914 Posts
    I honestly can't say I like this "dubstep".

The only kind of techno I really enjoy is either breakcore or chiptune. And I can't really listen to either for more than 15 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,199 Posts
    A lot of this dubstep is really mediocre at best when you listen to wobbles as filthy as these: http://soundcloud.com/nit-grit/pritu...nit-grit-remix

nit grit is a genius
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,731 Posts
    lolremix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,315 Posts
    I fucking love dubstep. Waiting for it to reach the states.

Heavy Bass has always been my thang. :cool:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    Gaslamp Killer anyone?

[url]

:slick:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    960 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    December 2009
    6,407 Posts
    not in a dubstep mood today :( headache
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    June 2005
    12,659 Posts
    I fucking love dubstep. Waiting for it to reach the states.

Heavy Bass has always been my thang. :cool:
    it's spreading like wildfire from the Vancouver BC area so it's only a matter of time till it falls south
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    December 2009
    6,407 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,199 Posts
    A lot of this dubstep is really mediocre at best when you listen to wobbles as filthy as these: http://soundcloud.com/nit-grit/pritu...nit-grit-remix

nit grit is a genius
    No, seriously. This is by far the best dubstep song I've heard so far. Starts out kinda slow and then it drops on you with some filthy ass wobbles.

Edited:

that dubstep song sounds exactly like Datsik - retreat...

View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1acPYhOpUoU

except worse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    December 2009
    6,407 Posts
    that dubstep song sounds exactly like Datsik - retreat...

View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1acPYhOpUoU
    What i thought, but i couldnt remember the song name, but i knew it was Datsik

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,249 Posts

nit grit is a genius
    holy-
    this man is a musical genius
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,798 Posts
    Just found this yesterday:

Rihanna - Rude Boy(CHRISPY DUBSTEP REMIX)

La Roux - Bulletproof(CHRISPY DUBSTEP REMIX)

Also anyone with taste should check out UKFDubstep.

Could anyone suggest me any dubstep artists/groups besides Ganja White Night who are more into the reggae part than the filthy wobble/hard bass? Chill dubstep in general. Something like this:

Ganja White Night - Blueberry

Oh god, just listened to that Bejing one earlier posted in this thread, that guy knows what I want!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,249 Posts
    i love this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    August 2005
    75 Posts
    only dubstep one i found addictive to listen to is this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHGu2Pv2kx8

but that machine gun one is awesome

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,315 Posts
    Could anyone suggest me any dubstep artists/groups besides Ganja White Night who are more into the reggae part than the filthy wobble/hard bass? Chill dubstep in general.
    You sound alot like me. Sukh Knight does some pretty good reggae dubstep.

Rusko does some too, like "Jahova".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,798 Posts
    You sound alot like me. Sukh Knight does some pretty good reggae dubstep.

Rusko does some too, like "Jahova".
    May be because I listen to dubstep mostly when smoking. :smug:

Anyways, thanks will check them out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

36. Post #36
    January 2010
    1,043 Posts
    I honestly can't say I like this "dubstep".

The only kind of techno I really enjoy is either breakcore or chiptune. And I can't really listen to either for more than 15 minutes.
    Electronic music =/= Techno.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    Electronic music =/= Techno.
    The correct term for synthesized music is EDM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38

January 2010
    614 Posts
    Who's the best for all the aggressive dubstep and the ambiet/atmospheric stuff? i just started getting into it

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    Who's the best for all the aggressive dubstep and the ambiet/atmospheric stuff? i just started getting into it
    Exision does some great intense dubstep, and so does Reso
    The Widdler is the only one I know who does more ambient dubstep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,199 Posts
    I'm sure a lot of you know who Deadmau5 is, so I thought I'd post some dubstep of his: http://soundcloud.com/fuckmylife/dub5tepthingie3

thats my favorite by him, he's starting to get the hang of it I'd say :monocle:

Edited:

holy-
    this man is a musical genius
    truly NiT GriT is a master of the wobbles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events