1. Post #1
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Anyone looking forward to the new series of Russell Howard's good news that starts on Thursday at 10:30pm on BBC three?? I know I am!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,665 Posts
    I hate this guy. He's the worst person on Mock the Week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 36Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    No i like him and his shows are getting better every week, last weeks episode was the best this season cant wait for tomorrows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,391 Posts
    He's okay but mostly I only watch it because there's fuck all else on.

5. Post #5
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Yeah but it's still good

6. Post #6
    January 2010
    2,667 Posts
    personally i think the format is wrong and it feels too scripted but besides that it's ok i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    personally i think the format is wrong and it feels too scripted but besides that it's ok i guess
    Yeah but it is made in about a day

8. Post #8
    October 2008
    543 Posts
    I went to the recording of one the shows a few months back. Its all recorded on the Tuesday and then airs on the Thursday

9. Post #9
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    I went to the recording of one the shows a few months back. Its all recorded on the Tuesday and then airs on the Thursday
    Ah cool, so he has all that day to make up stuff he is going to say.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,665 Posts
    He'll have writers.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,120 Posts
    I always turn off as soon as the mystery guest part starts. Plus most of his jokes are just toilet humour which annoys me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2010
    2,667 Posts
    Yeah but it is made in about a day
    most comedy shows are and yet most of them are far better than his. you cant use that as an excuse for a really poor script and terrible format

13. Post #13
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Next week is an hour long special featuring all the best bits from this series new series starting in autumn

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,753 Posts
    Episode 7 was recorded last night, aired tomorrow :buddy:

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,018 Posts
    I love this show.
    See the footballer on last weeks show?
    He was bloody good.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,724 Posts
    The footage he uses is normally funny, but he just isn't, unless you like clowns, then you'll probably like him jumping around doing 'impressions' of people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,351 Posts
    I love this show.
    See the footballer on last weeks show?
    He was bloody good.
    I loved that. I couldn't help but laugh at Russell going "I think you've just given that football an orgasm!" I love this show, and I honestly don't know why.

By the way OP, try and put a little effort into threads. Pictures, clips, information and stuff.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,051 Posts
    He's okay on mock the week but I just don't find this show funny. The clips he shows would be funny without him commenting on them.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member

November 2005
    11,757 Posts
    He watches Ray William Johnson.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    He'll have writers.
    If he does they don't take credit for it as it says written by russell Howard

21. Post #21
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Last proper episode was brilliant can't wait for series three

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,048 Posts
    I can't stand this guy, I feel his humour is really dry, school yard wit sorta thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    I went to see him in Newcastle.

He was funny there, but he recycled some of his jokes on subsequent Mock the Week episodes.

24. Post #24
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    DainBramageStudios; posted:
    I went to see him in Newcastle.

He was funny there, but he recycled some of his jokes on subsequent Mock the Week episodes.
    frankie Boyle does that alot too

25. Post #25
    April 2010
    2,813 Posts
    Russell Howard isn't particularly funny, on occasion he manages to come up with a good joke, but on average his comedy is stale and appeals to the lowest common denominator.

This thread is now about Doug Stanhope.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    October 2008
    543 Posts
    Yeah, he has some idea of what he is going to say. But the recording was actually 2 hours long, for a 30 minute programme. He kept just wanting to talk to people in the audience and tell stories. In the end the producers told him to do something they could actually air. Very funny.

27. Post #27
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Russell Howard isn't particularly funny, on occasion he manages to come up with a good joke, but on average his comedy is stale and appeals to the lowest common denominator.

This thread is now about Doug Stanhope.

Not Funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    He's not bad. but in no way as bad as Mark Watson from mock the week. he's horribly unfunny.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,632 Posts
    I think the first series was funnier

30. Post #30

March 2010
    4,109 Posts
    Half the stories we see are on FP first

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,021 Posts
    i think the program would be better if it wasnt actually russel howard

hes just not funny 80% of the time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    He's not bad. but in no way as bad as Mark Watson from mock the week. he's horribly unfunny.
    I agree with this, ive laughed at like one of his jokes

33. Post #33
    April 2010
    2,813 Posts
    Milton Jones needs his own show.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Thats it the end of the season, season three starts in september as far as we know

35. Post #35
    July 2009
    1,915 Posts
    I always turn off as soon as the mystery guest part starts.
    Me too, the mystery guests are never really interesting :\.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,060 Posts
    I hate this guy. He's the worst person on Mock the Week.
    I agree, every time he tries to make a 'joke' I want to grab his head and bang it repeatedly against a wall till he learns he is not funny...

37. Post #37
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    I agree, every time he tries to make a 'joke' I want to grab his head and bang it repeatedly against a wall till he learns he is not funny...
    My god you are so hard to impress you need to seriously lower your standards.

38. Post #38
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    The new series has started and its good

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,663 Posts
    Should probably watch this, saw him live and he was hilarious

40. Post #40
    August 2009
    3,209 Posts
    I only watch it for the clips he gets off the internet, which most of us have seen.