1. Post #1

March 2010
    63 Posts
    Does anybody know how I can set up fake clients on my server? I've seen other servers with fake clients. Thanks to whoever helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2008
    357 Posts
    Why would you need them?

3. Post #3

March 2010
    63 Posts
    I just need them for my server. Please don't ask for what. Unless you could help you might as well not reply.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2008
    357 Posts
    Let me take a guess. You want your server to be full so other REAL players will join. I guess you caught on that populated servers get more people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5

March 2010
    63 Posts
    No. I have an average amount of people playing on my Sandbox. But at times, it is empty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

6. Post #6
    Title Attrition Belligerent
    November 2009
    2,022 Posts
    Your server is empty at times.

shit man you need some adverts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Fake clients turn away players, they don't bring them. As soon as a player sees the server is empty, yet there's like a bunch of "unconnected bots" in there, they avoid it like the plague.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2008
    543 Posts
    Teddi is right, every time I see a server, I always check it's clients before actually joining. If the player list is blank, or has an ad for the software used, I'm avoiding it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2009
    6,138 Posts
    The only time I use fake clients is for redirecting an old server to a new server (Showing the new server's playercount (Whether it's 0 or not) on the old server.

You shouldn't use fake clients unless you have a good reason (Like mine) to do so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

March 2010
    63 Posts
    I have an awesome reason. Could you please share Flap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,988 Posts
    I have an awesome reason. Could you please share Flap?
    If by "awesome reason" you mean "I want players on my server and think fake client will get me people :saddowns:" you are wrong.

You are also the reason Garry's Mod needs a server blacklist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

March 2010
    63 Posts
    Charles I beleive I stated that if you are not here to help, then you might as well not reply. Now stfu and go fuck a dog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,017 Posts
    Perhaps if you told me in pm, and I find it a good reason, then I'll post here to confirm the reason.

14. Post #14

March 2010
    63 Posts
    I already found one which requires Metamod, but my server host doesn't allow dll files.

15. Post #15
    July 2009
    6,138 Posts
    Then you won't be able to use it. All ways of doing this require a dll or module of some description.

16. Post #16

January 2012
    3 Posts
    I do need fakeclients, how can I do it?
    Reason to why I ask is because the server i wanna use it on are just a test server.

Any help? :)

(User was banned for this post ("Dumb bump" - Gran PC))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,818 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it was patched.

18. Post #18
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Reason to why I ask is because the server i wanna use it on are just a test server.

Can't you just spawn bots then?

19. Post #19

January 2012
    3 Posts
    Can't you just spawn bots then?
    Won't work with NCPS....
    Need to have at last 2/32 at the most... some help?

20. Post #20
    March 2012
    3,623 Posts
    Won't work with NCPS....
    Need to have at last 2/32 at the most... some help?
    Can't you get a friend if it is a test?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts

You see, 25th March 2010.

11 Hours ago:

Simple Terms:

dud u hv ben liek jsus u rvivd tis tred

(User was banned for this post ("Report and move on" - Gran PC))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)