1. Post #801
    I was hoping that on the seed ship the stargate factory would actually be running.

That would look so cool.

2. Post #802
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,117 Posts
    I was hoping that on the seed ship the stargate factory would actually be running.

That would look so cool.
    When we got to see the inside of the seed ship, all we saw of the stargate construction process was the big room where the new stargates were stored. They haven't shown or said anything to suggest that the factory isn't working, have they?

3. Post #803
    Well considering there was one there that was only half assembled and nothing was going, I assume the factory is at least shut down.

It may or may not be functional.

4. Post #804
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,506 Posts
    Everyone time I see chole on screen I think what a terrible actor she is. :<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #805
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,117 Posts
    And what acting experience do you have that allows you to judge her on acting skill?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #806
    April 2008
    842 Posts
    Maybe not a terrible actor, but definitely a pretty bad character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #807
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Just good to look at. But pissed off to hear her talk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #808
    I want to see her find out about Matt sleeping with Tits McGee while under the influence of the alien stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #809
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,117 Posts
    Has anyone here watched the Kino webisodes? They're pretty good, especially number 24...

Edited:

Also, seeing as you guys seem to like talking about Chloe, maybe you can tell me where she got her current clothes from? In the first few episodes she was wearing a dress and knee-high boots... They can't have brought her current stuff with them in the expedition supplies could they?

10. Post #810
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Yes, they could. Why does the clothing seem to bother you, on the characters, mostly focus on the show itself, rather what they wear.

They obviously had clothing in those bags when they left that planet before it exploded

11. Post #811
    I think it's actually rather hilarious that a live action show is doing like a cartoon in which everyone wears the exact same clothes every episode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #812
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,351 Posts
    Budget

13. Post #813
    No, it's that they only brought the clothes they had on them when they were escaping the EXPLODING PLANET.

(Except Chloe apparently).

14. Post #814
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,351 Posts
    Why did they only have the clothes they were wearing?

Budget

There's loads of shit they brought but nobody had clothing?
    Bullshit.

15. Post #815
    It was an emergency evacuation. I highly doubt people kept their clothes stored next to the stargate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #816
    It was an emergency evacuation. I highly doubt people kept their clothes stored next to the stargate.
    Yeah i dont think they go, but what about my jacket!!

17. Post #817
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    I think it's actually rather hilarious that a live action show is doing like a cartoon in which everyone wears the exact same clothes every episode.
    The Simpsons have lost their memories everyday on what they learn and don't age, and put on the same clothing. Richard Alpert syndrome with the ageless tropes.

18. Post #818
    April 2009
    80 Posts
    They still haven't explored the whole ship so there might be something good in there.
    An Ancient in stasis would help.

To be perfectly honest, while we're on the subject of Deus Ex Machina, what if the terraforming aliens appeared to repair the ship and repel the drones. Now that would suck.

I'm not really sure where the writers are gonna go with the midseason opener, but I'm definitely looking forward to finding out.

19. Post #819
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,117 Posts
    An Ancient in stasis would help.

To be perfectly honest, while we're on the subject of Deus Ex Machina, what if the terraforming aliens appeared to repair the ship and repel the drones. Now that would suck.

I'm not really sure where the writers are gonna go with the midseason opener, but I'm definitely looking forward to finding out.
    I doubt there would be an Ancient in stasis on Destiny. Why would they stay behind while everyone ascended?

Edited:

Actually, disregard that. If I remember the first few episodes correctly, Rush said that the Ancients were never on the ship, they sent out the seed ships, then Destiny was launched on autopilot a while later. They were planning on gating to it once it got far enough out into the universe.

20. Post #820
    April 2009
    80 Posts
    I know, I was being sarcastic.

21. Post #821
    April 2009
    930 Posts
    I doubt there would be an Ancient in stasis on Destiny. Why would they stay behind while everyone ascended?

Edited:

Actually, disregard that. If I remember the first few episodes correctly, Rush said that the Ancients were never on the ship, they sent out the seed ships, then Destiny was launched on autopilot a while later. They were planning on gating to it once it got far enough out into the universe.
    As well as the fact that the Ancients didn't know how to ascend at the time of sending Destiny out.

Also, I predict the seed ship blowing up. No way the writers are going to let it stick around, especially now that there are no characters on-board...

22. Post #822
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    You mean the other seed ship, unless they decide to put a alien character in for support. There Chloe and the alien can buttheads. Seeing as she's under the alien influnce of the Blues.

23. Post #823
    There's only one seed ship so far.

24. Post #824
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    The Destiny repair drones would properly try to repair Destiny though, whilst most of them getting destroyed. Let's hope those aliens aren't abandoning them yet. I know was about to say something about the FTL. But forget that it broke down.

Also for the next episode for nexy year, spoiler name, which it wouldn't matter that much.
       Deliverance means recovery or preservation from loss or danger; "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives". Obviously that'll involve medical drama issues with Tamara and her new future boyfriend, I just see that between them, so Young is gonna be so pissed.

Also the upcoming episode afterwards, Twin Destinies will finally make sense that the Ursi will tag along with them in retrospective, and properly make some kind of peace pact or something, not sure what's gonna happen. 

25. Post #825
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,117 Posts
    The Destiny repair drones would properly try to repair Destiny though, whilst most of them getting destroyed. Let's hope those aliens aren't abandoning them yet. I know was about to say something about the FTL. But forget that it broke down.

Also for the next episode for nexy year, spoiler name, which it wouldn't matter that much.
       Deliverance means recovery or preservation from loss or danger; "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives". Obviously that'll involve medical drama issues with Tamara and her new future boyfriend, I just see that between them, so Young is gonna be so pissed.

Also the upcoming episode afterwards, Twin Destinies will finally make sense that the Ursi will tag along with them in retrospective, and properly make some kind of peace pact or something, not sure what's gonna happen. 

What are you talking about?    Twin Destinies is a time travel episode involving Rush. And where are you getting your idea of the Deliverance episode?   

26. Post #826
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
       Hmm, you must of gotten that from gateworld then, I was only theorying, wow theorying is banned from facepunch, thank you   

I was only saying the meaning of the word, stop confusing yourself.

Anyway    That title would make sense for a time travel episode, so I was only going on what might obviously happen in that episode, and not what I thought it was   .

And not that I want to spoil the whole thing. People want to be left in the dark you know, not be spoiled alot.

Ask me again.

Also Alliances a upcoming episode, must be that Lucian Alliance attack on Earth thing that was mentioned by the way. But in one of the previous episodes, Varro later makes a deal with Colonel Young to provide information for a rumored upcoming Alliance attack on Earth in exchange for their freedom on board the ship, let's see that I'm right.   

27. Post #827
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,836 Posts
    Syfy will end its original action-adventure series Stargate Universe when the show returns with the final 10 episodes of its second season in the Spring of 2011. The Stargate franchise -- consisting of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe -- has aired on Syfy since 2002. Syfy has a slate of new scripted projects lined up for 2011 including the series premiere of Being Human on January 17, the recently green lit one-hour drama series Alphas and the much anticipated Battlestar prequel pilot movie, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome. Warehouse 13, Eureka & Haven will also return w/new seasons next year.

Oh well!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #828

June 2010
    314 Posts
    Well the series was shit, about time it got cancelled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #829
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,174 Posts
    What the fuck, syfy isnt gonna have any true space shows anymore if they cancel stargate universe, god dammit Canada.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

30. Post #830
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,836 Posts
    wow the actors got to hear it first on twitter like everyone else

dick move syfy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #831
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,385 Posts
    So much for 5 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #832
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,117 Posts
    Can another network pick it up for a new season?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #833
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,632 Posts
    Fuuuuuuuuuuck I love stargate, they could still bring back Atlantis right... right :smithicide: or a at least movies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Guernsey Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #834
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    Come on guys don't you know SyFy is about WWE, not Science fiction... duh!

SciFi (Syfy is a really stupid name) handled this whole thing in the worst possible way, having the cast and crew find out via a tweet... come on...
    This channel has been canceling things left and right for not enough viewers at this rate all they will have left are under budget "Scifi Original Movies" and WWE (which should not even be on the channel unless your counting it for being fake/fiction and all)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #835
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    Why is everything being canceled these days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #836
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,760 Posts
    SG:U was incredibly boring anyways.
    They should bring back Atlantis or at the very least make a new new fully scifi show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #837
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,269 Posts
    What the fuck is wrong with them

38. Post #838
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,770 Posts
    Honestly, I'm a bit sad. After the first season I would kind of understand but the second season is much better, everything started to be interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #839
    Creator of Exsto
    January 2009
    1,049 Posts
    SG:U was incredibly boring anyways.
    They should bring back Atlantis or at the very least make a new new fully scifi show.
    SGU was starting to get incredible. I was on the edge of my seat the last few episodes, especially the last one. However, I wouldn't mind Atlantis coming back, but they completely ran the Wraith dry. If anything, one of their few last plot lines would be the ancients themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #840
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    I know the fans will be up in a uproar and pention it to come back anyway. I know that I still miss the good old days of SG-1. And we'll see more Jack O Neil in the third movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)