1. Post #761
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
       Greer just opened a door, on a space ship.. With a crowbar... Anyone else think thats freaking retarded.. Its a spaceship shouldn't the doors, you know be air tight? You know so nothing, not even air can escape.. yet they can be opened by a crowbar   
    I'm surprised the door didnt have any locking bolts which drop into the doorframe to prevent it being pryed open like that.

2. Post #762
    April 2008
    842 Posts
    What? Another midseason break? NOOOOO...

I have no idea how they're going to get out of this one maybe Chloe will do something instead of crying.
    I believe she did do something instead of crying at the end.
    This really makes me hate Rush's decision to give her all those math problems...

3. Post #763
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    What? Another midseason break? NOOOOO...

I believe she did do something instead of crying at the end.
    This really makes me hate Rush's decision to give her all those math problems...
    What makes you think she did something bad? last time she did something it was    rewriting the course and allowing Destiny to return to a planet    How do you know she did not activate a new weapon system?

4. Post #764
    April 2008
    842 Posts
    What makes you think she did something bad? last time she did something it was    rewriting the course and allowing Destiny to return to a planet    How do you know she did not activate a new weapon system?
    Yeah, she might have done that, actually. It really just depends if    the Ursini are actually good or not   . You also have to remember that back then, she was more normal than she is now. Pretty sure back then, she couldn't have    knocked out a guard in about a second   .
    My prediction:
       She did something that will allow Destiny to totally own the drones, but she also told the ship to kill the Ursini.
    Or she fixed the FTL drive, and told the ship to go away, leaving behind the seed ship and drones.
    The second is probably wrong.
    Of course, if the Ursini DO turn out to actually be hostile, but in a secretive manner, then either of these are good. 

Edited:
    What this guy in the Stargate addon thread said, which I didn't consider, is also a pretty good idea.

When the episode was over I screamed "OH, COME ON!!"

I do believe that Chloe sent a message to the Blueberry Aliens, then they come and take out the drone ships, because they want Destiny in one piece :D. And then they might try to board Destiny??   

5. Post #765
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    I assumed    that she called in the blue aliens for backup, and in turn would then be surrendered to them, thus getting her off of Destiny   

6. Post #766
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,087 Posts
    Damn, the episode ended in such a cliffhanger. And now we have to wait how long for next episode?

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,599 Posts
    6 months.

8. Post #768
    January 2009
    8,087 Posts
    I just read 4 months. Still a fucking long time.

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    I assumed    that she called in the blue aliens for backup, and in turn would then be surrendered to them, thus getting her off of Destiny   
       So that'll end in a four way battleground, making Ursini fight off the blue guys and the drones. Ha ha, even after hearing and losing the battle and retreating. But you can't trust Chloe, with her transformation, I would guess, the Ursini will end up calling more backup. That's why they retreated as such.   

Not sure why we are still talking in spoilers. Destiny will properly have at least 1 % shields left, until Chloe as such does something and saves the day whilst the Blue aliens make their return and kidnap Chloe again, and she'll be off for four or five episodes near end season cliffhanger, she comes back.

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,962 Posts
    I'm not using spoiler tags now, the ep has aired and it's been out a full 24 hours at least (timezone dependant), so skip my post if you're a babby.

What a shitty ep. I was so hopefull that they'd got over the whole "Everything is made of Sparkium during a battle" special effects trope... Fuck me, it's like every bolt and rivet in the ship explodes into sparks when something hits the SHIELDS (aren't shields supposed to stop physical damage from occuring? Or at least, depending on your Sci Fi of choice, significantly dampen the impact? Even so when shields were only weakening, they weren't doing a damn thing - the ship was just getting bits blasted off all over... retarded). So much time was wasted with the EVA to the pointless alien ship and the lubby dubby scenes with TJ and Fridge McLargeMeat.

Calling in the blueberry aliens? What? They're in another galaxy... How fast do you think they can get there, honestly? Certainly not fast enough to be of any help at all. And then there's emo Eli, goddamn. And it's nice to know that they were actually within 50km of a star they could have flown into straight away instead of just sitting there (it was an invisible star it would seem since it didn't appear to be there until the seeder ship showed up).

Argh, sorry, I normally wouldn't rage but this episode was just STUPID. Crappy battles, crappy scene pacing, crappy enemy. Just... crap. And take that ending - they're getting so heavily damaged and they're so utterly fucked that there's obviously going to be some utterly bullshit and eye-roll-worthy Deus Ex Machina resolution that you'll just implode from the disbelief. I expected something waaaay way different from this episode, and I feel quite let down.

Still love the show though :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #771
    July 2010
    958 Posts
    4 months.

SGU, Why do you do this to me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Heh, and it only just returned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,248 Posts
    Heh, and it only just returned.
    Just returned? This was episode 10

First season had a Mid break as well
    As did the last season of Atlantis, and so forth.

14. Post #774
    January 2009
    8,087 Posts
    I could understand few weeks break due to December, Christmas and all that. But 4 months? What strategy is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,248 Posts
    I could understand few weeks break due to December, Christmas and all that. But 4 months? What strategy is that?
    I dunno, everyone seems to be doing it these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #776
    April 2008
    842 Posts
    I'm not using spoiler tags now, the ep has aired and it's been out a full 24 hours at least (timezone dependant), so skip my post if you're a babby.

What a shitty ep. I was so hopefull that they'd got over the whole "Everything is made of Sparkium during a battle" special effects trope... Fuck me, it's like every bolt and rivet in the ship explodes into sparks when something hits the SHIELDS
    That never made any sense to me, either. How can there ever be physical damage when there's a solid wall blocking everything from touching the ship?
    (aren't shields supposed to stop physical damage from occuring? Or at least, depending on your Sci Fi of choice, significantly dampen the impact? Even so when shields were only weakening, they weren't doing a damn thing - the ship was just getting bits blasted off all over... retarded).
    Shields weren't doing anything cause they were down by that point.
    So much time was wasted with the EVA to the pointless alien ship and the lubby dubby scenes with TJ and Fridge McLargeMeat.
    I missed that part. Saw only the second, important half. Yes, I read a summary of the first half, seems like it was almost entirely pointless. Just an extended conflict introduction; no action, really.
    Calling in the blueberry aliens? What? They're in another galaxy... How fast do you think they can get there, honestly? Certainly not fast enough to be of any help at all.
    We don't know if there are more or not, it's still a possibility. Not necessarily an idea that's right, but a prediction.
    And then there's emo Eli, goddamn. And it's nice to know that they were actually within 50km of a star they could have flown into straight away instead of just sitting there (it was an invisible star it would seem since it didn't appear to be there until the seeder ship showed up).
    I think that's the law of convenience that Stargate seems to have. I learned to deal with it.
    Argh, sorry, I normally wouldn't rage but this episode was just STUPID. Crappy battles, crappy scene pacing, crappy enemy. Just... crap. And take that ending - they're getting so heavily damaged and they're so utterly fucked that there's obviously going to be some utterly bullshit and eye-roll-worthy Deus Ex Machina resolution that you'll just implode from the disbelief.
    This, I just plainly disagree with. They weren't getting damaged in any vital areas (except the FTL drive), and they've got an extra episode to solve this thing. Sure, they were really, really screwed, but not completely screwed. Next episode will really suck if you're right, though, and it's a deus ex machina extended into 40 minutes.
    I expected something waaaay way different from this episode, and I feel quite let down.

Still love the show though :P
    I actually had no expectations, cause I have a terrible memory, and I forgot what this episode may have been about. Oops.
    And nice to know that your post doesn't reflect your opinion of the show overall :3

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,739 Posts
    I don't think the blue aliens will arrive, didn't they say that they weren't even as nearly as advanced as Destiny? Although seeing as how they were able to track Destiny as it was going through FTL and eventually catch up, there should be no reason they wouldn't be able to show up

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,537 Posts
    A shield isnt going to be a total blockade to damage, and given Destinys age, small amounts of the energy from the blasts would likely get through and cause electrical systems to overload, which is why we get the sporadic explosions from within the ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #779
    April 2008
    842 Posts
    A shield isnt going to be a total blockade to damage, and given Destinys age, small amounts of the energy from the blasts would likely get through and cause electrical systems to overload, which is why we get the sporadic explosions from within the ship.
    Right, that makes a little more sense. The shield is not like a solid wall all the time, but rather a big conductor for energy and a solid wall for matter. Which would explain why it glows every time the shield is hit; it's spreading the energy out over the whole thing. Of course, the shield is actually connected to the ship, meaning some of it has to be getting through, and because Destiny is ancient and breaking down, it's faulty, and more energy than usual is getting through to it...

I'm really overthinking this.

20. Post #780
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    What if the drone's commandship is actually a blueberry aliens one? and chloe just disables it? the drones did kinda looked like the small ships the aliens were using.

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,632 Posts
    If you have ever watched a stargate series as it aired they ALWAYS do mid season cliff hangers (Usually between seasons, not half seasons)

22. Post #782
    April 2008
    842 Posts
    Yeah, I thought everyone knew that by now. I mean, I didn't start watching until after Atlantis was over and I noticed that episodes 20/1 were usually two parts, and sometimes 10/11. But everyone seems so surprised that they're going on breaks between 10s and 11s, so I assume that's different.

23. Post #783
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I think there were only about 3 or 4 seasons of SG-1 that didn't have two-parters midway through the season, and only 3 seasons didn't end with a multi-part episode.

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,632 Posts
    That was awesome, such along wait :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Guernsey Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,962 Posts
    A few points that came up in discussions with other folk about this ep;

it's actually possible that the blueberry alien folk COULD show up... If you recall in season 1 how Rush was mentioning that it would seem the aliens had been tracking Destiny and periodically attacking it in an attempt to gain access. For all we know, they're nomad's who have been following Destiny across multiple galaxies, so there's nothing to say that they aren't still following it, and that Chloe hasn't been in some kind of 'passive-contact' with them on some deeper level. She might just have sent them a message as she could sense them being in range, and they could show up to help... Then it would basically be that they destroy the drones and save Destiny, and become the new threat they're facing because they would then turn their focus on to Destiny and they'd have to deal with that.

Also, I want to clarify - I think the EVA scene was awesome on it's own, but it was essentially 10 minutes spent doing nothing and discovering nothing, just to show that the drones were awakening and attacking... There are a hundred other ways this could have been conveyed that saved time and allowed for much more important scenes to be extended.

Kude, what you say about the 'law of convenience'? I have to agree. It just pisses me off, that's all. Typically episodes are written with a degree of pacing that allows every scene and event to flow from one into the next at a believable rate... This episode did not. It felt like too much was crammed in and no scene was given the amount of time it really deserved, yet the boring fluff like TJ and Bulkface were given surprising amounts of time - we know their relation, and they've had plenty of moments like that in almost every ep since the Lucian alliance came on board. This episode's scene did nothing for their character building except show that TJ is STILL gaining trust for him. Calling him to help in the medical room could have been done at any point for any reason in one tenth of the time, allowing other, arguably more important scenes to get some more airtime...

Also, I have to disagree regarding the shields. The instant Whatsherface said the shields were weakening (the FIRST time), there was already significant damage been done to the ship - physically - with no sign of the shields having ANY effect on the weapons fire coming in. I think it was just poor handling of the CGI / Live action integration of the scenes but, it still annoys me. Also, given just how much damage Destiny was taking at the end and how long it will continue taking damage before anything comes in to help, the ship is going to be majorly fudged up. At the very least, all that extra hull damage will further screw the structural integrity and force the shields to have to work even harder 24/7... The only way to alleviate these issues is to either have a deus ex machina solution, or for the writers / producers to pull a Star Trek and just ignore the damage and pass it off as being no worse than what was already inflicted on the ship.

Sorry, I just can't buy that. The ship is getting majorly fucked, and they have to acknowledge this and provide a solution that isn't just a magical bullshit fix :P

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Well the blue aliens would be a distraction for Destiny, making their way to escape, on their new star course somewhere. And blueberries having to deal with the other race on the ship.

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    A few points that came up in discussions with other folk about this ep;

it's actually possible that the blueberry alien folk COULD show up... If you recall in season 1 how Rush was mentioning that it would seem the aliens had been tracking Destiny and periodically attacking it in an attempt to gain access. For all we know, they're nomad's who have been following Destiny across multiple galaxies, so there's nothing to say that they aren't still following it, and that Chloe hasn't been in some kind of 'passive-contact' with them on some deeper level. She might just have sent them a message as she could sense them being in range, and they could show up to help... Then it would basically be that they destroy the drones and save Destiny, and become the new threat they're facing because they would then turn their focus on to Destiny and they'd have to deal with that.

Also, I want to clarify - I think the EVA scene was awesome on it's own, but it was essentially 10 minutes spent doing nothing and discovering nothing, just to show that the drones were awakening and attacking... There are a hundred other ways this could have been conveyed that saved time and allowed for much more important scenes to be extended.

Kude, what you say about the 'law of convenience'? I have to agree. It just pisses me off, that's all. Typically episodes are written with a degree of pacing that allows every scene and event to flow from one into the next at a believable rate... This episode did not. It felt like too much was crammed in and no scene was given the amount of time it really deserved, yet the boring fluff like TJ and Bulkface were given surprising amounts of time - we know their relation, and they've had plenty of moments like that in almost every ep since the Lucian alliance came on board. This episode's scene did nothing for their character building except show that TJ is STILL gaining trust for him. Calling him to help in the medical room could have been done at any point for any reason in one tenth of the time, allowing other, arguably more important scenes to get some more airtime...

Also, I have to disagree regarding the shields. The instant Whatsherface said the shields were weakening (the FIRST time), there was already significant damage been done to the ship - physically - with no sign of the shields having ANY effect on the weapons fire coming in. I think it was just poor handling of the CGI / Live action integration of the scenes but, it still annoys me. Also, given just how much damage Destiny was taking at the end and how long it will continue taking damage before anything comes in to help, the ship is going to be majorly fudged up. At the very least, all that extra hull damage will further screw the structural integrity and force the shields to have to work even harder 24/7... The only way to alleviate these issues is to either have a deus ex machina solution, or for the writers / producers to pull a Star Trek and just ignore the damage and pass it off as being no worse than what was already inflicted on the ship.

Sorry, I just can't buy that. The ship is getting majory fucked, and they have to acknowledge this and provide a solution that isn't just a magical bullshit fix :P
    Well, a possible solution for the damage (I don't know if this fits your idea of deus ex machina) would be that the seeder ship gets majorly fucked up and disabled, allowing Destiny's crew or maybe the repair drones to salvage it for usable parts. But there is the issue of how they're going to destroy the drone command ship without dying.

28. Post #788
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,962 Posts
    Well, a possible solution for the damage (I don't know if this fits your idea of deus ex machina) would be that the seeder ship gets majorly fucked up and disabled, allowing Destiny's crew or maybe the repair drones to salvage it for usable parts. But there is the issue of how they're going to destroy the drone command ship without dying.
    That seems fairly reasonable... But it's a bit tough to work out. They'd need a LOT of repair bots - just look at how long it took that one they had to cut loose the engine component - and a lot of time to sit there and let them do the work. so they'd need a whole lot of repair bots, and a whole lot of time, and they'd have to ignore the ship's mission and all that while they do it. Either that or they somehow take on all the parts from the seeder ship or whatever in storage, and each time they come out of FTL the repair bots get to work doing a few patch-ups after each jump. That could work, but I hope Destiny has big cargo bays :P

Unless it turns out that the repair drones can just repair things extremely fast perhaps.

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    That seems fairly reasonable... But it's a bit tough to work out. They'd need a LOT of repair bots - just look at how long it took that one they had to cut loose the engine component - and a lot of time to sit there and let them do the work. so they'd need a whole lot of repair bots, and a whole lot of time, and they'd have to ignore the ship's mission and all that while they do it. Either that or they somehow take on all the parts from the seeder ship or whatever in storage, and each time they come out of FTL the repair bots get to work doing a few patch-ups after each jump. That could work, but I hope Destiny has big cargo bays :P

Unless it turns out that the repair drones can just repair things extremely fast perhaps.
    I admit, it's not a perfect idea. But at least it's not some kind of blatantly stupid way of fixing their problem, also, it would make future episodes more interesting because they'll probably get access to more areas of the ship with each successful repair job.

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Don't know if the blueburries own those ships, and whoever they were fighting in within the now ship debris, but who were they fighting before, maybe those aliens that retreated that were with Telford, but one escaped, but the other destiny was the leader group. Maybe. But they guess they were just a netural player that came to help out of nowhere, seeing as Telford was trying to help them trail Destiny.

The Blue Aliens are corrupting Chloe, and soon enough, My best theory, she'll become a major Antagonist, leader of the blue berries, when she has completed her form. And will fight with them to capture Destiny.

But Young, back in Trial and Error, will do anything to protect Chloe. And do what he has to do not to fail against the Blueberries. Fucking lame name, but we gotta stick with it.

I even forgot that the blueberries sabotaged the ship many times. Even when the team that was got left behind on that ruin planet....

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,599 Posts
    Chloe is gonna turn into Kerrigan in terms of plot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,632 Posts
    I like the idea of that, but Chloe's character is still getting on my nerves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Guernsey Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Don't know if the blueburries own those ships, and whoever they were fighting in within the now ship debris, but who were they fighting before, maybe those aliens that retreated that were with Telford, but one escaped, but the other destiny was the leader group. Maybe. But they guess they were just a netural player that came to help out of nowhere, seeing as Telford was trying to help them trail Destiny.

The Blue Aliens are corrupting Chloe, and soon enough, My best theory, she'll become a major Antagonist, leader of the blue berries, when she has completed her form. And will fight with them to capture Destiny.

But Young, back in Trial and Error, will do anything to protect Chloe. And do what he has to do not to fail against the Blueberries. Fucking lame name, but we gotta stick with it.

I even forgot that the blueberries sabotaged the ship many times. Even when the team that was got left behind on that ruin planet....
    I don't think "Blueberries" is their official in-universe name, it's just a placeholder until they get one.

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,962 Posts
    Why do people keep saying "the other destiny"? Do you mean the seed ship? Just say seed ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Yes, the other seed ship with those other aliens, but don't think they look like the Asguard though. Seeing as they fled, it just gives less chance for Young and other hopefuls to get back home, leaving Rush with a trollface thoughout the series.

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,351 Posts
    Just watched the last episode and FUCKING GOD DAMN AM I PISSED OFF

We'll have to wait a fucking century for the next episode. Worst cliffhanger I've ever seen and I'm not kidding.

37. Post #797
    No, you know who Chloe's turning into?

River Tam   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    November 2009
    455 Posts
    No, you know who Chloe's turning into?

River Tam   
    Been thinking about that. They're somewhat alike and it's not a bad thing, either. River Tam is one of the best sci-fi characters ever created imo.

Edit:

Speaking of resemblances, does anyone else think the actress who plays Chloe looks a bit like Madeline Zima (played Mia on californication)

39. Post #799
    June 2009
    97 Posts

That always bothered me, from what they showed in the episode, they cut out a pretty big part of the FTL drive, but when the ship jumped back into FTL the line of engines looked complete. I was expecting to have a silver of it gone/ no lights.

I also agree with you, I hope that the writers made a good second part to the EP, and that they really need to do something to fix up the ship. We will see though.

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,739 Posts
    They still haven't explored the whole ship so there might be something good in there.