1. Post #1
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,378 Posts
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...uality039.html
    Jakarta Post posted:
    Homosexuals and homosexuality are natural and created by God, thus permissible within Islam, a discussion concluded here Thursday.
    Moderate Muslim scholars said there were no reasons to reject homosexuals under Islam, and that the condemnation of homosexuals and homosexuality by mainstream ulema and many other Muslims was based on narrow-minded interpretations of Islamic teachings.

Siti Musdah Mulia of the Indonesia Conference of Religions and Peace cited the Koran's al-Hujurat (49:3) that one of the blessings for human beings was that all men and women are equal, regardless of ethnicity, wealth, social positions or even sexual orientation.
    "There is no difference between lesbians and nonlesbians. In the eyes of God, people are valued based on their piety," she told the discussion organized by nongovernmental organization Arus Pelangi.
    "And talking about piety is God's prerogative to judge," she added.
    "The essence of the religion (Islam) is to humanize humans, respect and dignify them."
    Musdah said homosexuality was from God and should be considered natural, adding it was not pushed only by passion.

Mata Air magazine managing editor Soffa Ihsan said Islam's acknowledgement of heterogeneity should also include homosexuality.
    He said Muslims needed to continue to embrace ijtihad (the process of making a legal decision by independent interpretation of the Koran and the Sunnah) to avoid being stuck in the old paradigm without developing open-minded interpretations.
    Another speaker at the discussion, Nurofiah of the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), said the dominant notion of heterogeneity was a social construction, leading to the banning of homosexuality by the majority.
    "Like gender bias or patriarchy, heterogeneity bias is socially constructed. It would be totally different if the ruling group was homosexuals," she said.
    Other speakers said the magnificence of Islam was that it could be blended and integrated into local culture.
    "In fact, Indonesia's culture has accepted homosexuality. The homosexual group in Bugis-Makassar tradition called Bissu is respected and given a high position in the kingdom.

"Also, we know that in Ponorogo (East Java) there has been acknowledgement of homosexuality," Arus Pelangi head Rido Triawan said.
    Condemnation of homosexuality was voiced by two conservative Muslim groups, the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) and Hizbut Thahir Indonesia (HTI).
    "It's a sin. We will not consider homosexuals an enemy, but we will make them aware that what they are doing is wrong," MUI deputy chairman Amir Syarifuddin said.
    Rokhmat, of the hardline HTI, several times asked homosexual participants in attendance to repent and force themselves to gradually return to the right path.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Friendly x 96Optimistic x 20Funny x 1Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2009
    959 Posts
    Perfect, I always knew Islam was a more civilized religion and recognizing homosexuality is one step closer for the rest of the world to follow suit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree x 118Dumb x 12Disagree x 5Funny x 4Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

March 2010
    36 Posts
    It looks like they came out of the closet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 47Funny Funny x 9 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,023 Posts
    Islam is P. cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 38Agree Agree x 17Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,027 Posts
    Oh, here we go again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,692 Posts
    Perfect, I always knew Islam was a more civilized religion and recognizing homosexuality is one step closer for the rest of the world to follow suit.
    Hahaha, nice one. Civilised religion... Good one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 74Agree x 28Funny x 10Bad Spelling x 3Bad Reading x 1Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,027 Posts
    you spelled "civilized" wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 47Agree x 20Informative x 6Disagree x 2Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    August 2009
    959 Posts
    Might I take a jab at your actual age? single digits? You may not know it but Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion and second largest behind Christianity. It also did what Christianity couldn't do, combine religion and government into a single entity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 40Dumb Dumb x 15Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,027 Posts
    Might I take a jab at your actual age? single digits? You may not know it but Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion and second largest behind Christianity. It also did what Christianity couldn't do, combine religion and government into a single entity.
    and science

I read that in a book
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Lold...6146178?ref=nf

And this is why everyone hates America...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    September 2008
    11,378 Posts
    and science

I read that in a book
    Yeah, the science discoveries are here

12. Post #12

March 2010
    36 Posts
    Because you think religion is incredibly dumb and a pathetic attempt to bring people together and control other people you must be of a single digit age? That's just childish of you to assume Pacmaney.

What you must remember is that religion is a belief, and because it is a belief created by man and there is no way to prove that it is correct; it is therefore less intelligent to believe it than to not believe it.

If I said to you, "Hey, there's a monkey in a wheelchair inside the Earth's core, but I can't prove it to you." it would be stupid to believe it unless there is hard evidence to support it. Whereas if you said "prove it", and I said "prove that there is not", that is not valid; because I am the one claiming that there is.

I hope this makes sense for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 28Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    Are you actually implying that that was a good idea, or that it's succesful?
    What does the fact that Islam is the second largest religion and that it's growing fast have to do with how civilized it is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 42Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,510 Posts
    It also did what Christianity couldn't do, combine religion and government into a single entity.
    Look how great that turns out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 44Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    That's pretty good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    Jesus christ, I never would have expected this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    7,578 Posts
    Still they have done so much bad that this doesn't make them clean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    I'm disappointed in the lack of rainbows in here.

FABULOUS!:unsmigghh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 24Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,362 Posts
    Every Islamic person I've met has been an incredibly friendly person, I'm not suprised at this at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 38 (list)

21. Post #21
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    I bid farewell to the homosexuals concerned by this, have fun with your sharia law.

In all seriousness, Islam in theory is excellent. In practice, it breeds corruption and hate faster than Christianity has ever achieved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 21Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2008
    832 Posts
    Yet leaving the religion is punishable by death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    Every Islamic person I've met has been an incredibly friendly person, I'm not suprised at this at all.
    By that logic, people who have never had anything against homosexuality (most atheists) are way nicer.

Edited:

You're all acting as if every muslim in the world is suddenly okay with homosexuality, which they most certainly aren't, and as if they're very progressive. Most of the western world have been okay with homosexuality for decades now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2008
    832 Posts
    By analogy, pedophiles handing out candy to children are also very nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,023 Posts
    It also did what Christianity couldn't do, combine religion and government into a single entity.
    ... The USA?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    March 2010
    5,194 Posts
    By that logic, people who have never had anything against homosexuality (most atheists) are way nicer.

Edited:

You're all acting as if every muslim in the world is suddenly okay with homosexuality, which they most certainly aren't, and as if they're very progressive. Most of the western world have been okay with homosexuality for decades now.
    He didn't say that.

He said that every Islamic person he had met were nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,135 Posts
    Since when are women equal to men in Islam?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,362 Posts
    By analogy, pedophiles handing out candy to children are also very nice.
    Ultimately, they're going to rape the kids, so, no, not really.

29. Post #29
    March 2010
    176 Posts
    I would have a bigger respect for Islam if it wasn't for Sharia. Muhammed was probably high when he thought of that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,123 Posts
    You forgot the Christians and Catholics that have nothing against homosexuality.

Oh wait, you're Atheist, aren't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    Since when are women equal to men in Islam?
    They are, but conditionally.

Fucked up 'aint it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,104 Posts
    No, http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/civilised
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    September 2008
    11,378 Posts
    Edited:

That's quite a big statement you made there. I am curious to know how you know all Muslims aren't for homosexuality. Also how is this not progressive? And like you said, most of the western world has. They're still many States that do not recognize gay marriage.

34. Post #34
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    It's an American/British English thing.

z is predominantly used in the US.
    s in Britain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,398 Posts
    UK spelling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2008
    832 Posts
    Ultimately, they're going to rape the kids, so, no, not really.
    That's my point.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    569 Posts
    Still they have done so much bad that this doesn't make them clean.
    What about Christianity. It has done just as bad. And yet. Islam seems to be more open minded.

Fortunately or unfortunately (whichever you believe.) Many believe that Christianity is dying. And I can see why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    7,578 Posts
    I guess you still can't buttfuck before marriage?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    410 Posts
    So, are they going to remove the very serious penalties that exist in many middle-eastern countries for being gay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,346 Posts
    About time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)