1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    181 Posts
    http://collateralmurder.com/

WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff.
    Basically it's a gun cam video from an apache helicopter that fired at an unarmed group of people, killing them, and injuring 2 children.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative x 71Funny x 7Friendly x 4Late x 3Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    That's war for you. I don't think it's an isolated atrocity at all.

(tasteless joke below. it's a mistake but I'm not removing it - instead I'm going to articulate above.)

I guess their efforts at diplomacy just got

"shot down"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Dumb x 92Funny x 26Agree x 1Disagree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2006
    593 Posts
    Anyone who defends this shit is a blatant nationalist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Dumb Dumb x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,327 Posts
    Wow.

This is just sick.

Do you think Youtube would remove it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    I cringed when he said 'I think I just drove over a body'. Then they both laughed at it.

I guess their efforts at diplomacy just got

"shot down"
    :barf:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,552 Posts
    They shouldn't have been armed. So they got fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 92Agree Agree x 6Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    September 2008
    11,327 Posts
    Are you stupid?

Yeah because Reuters and children are all armed.

Edited:

Watch the video before you post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 42Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,996 Posts
    That's horrifying, And absolutely nobody in the video seemed to care that they just killed all of those people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 65 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    They were just waiting for the photographer to brandish a weapon - trigger-happy bastards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,552 Posts
    They thought the camera's were weapons. And what about the guy crouching around the corner? Those soldiers have to protect themselves and if it even looks like somebody has a weapon they're going to fuck him up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 57Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    You are defending this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 52Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,752 Posts
    Good ol' Wikileaks. They're out of money and still releasing stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 26Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    They thought the camera's were weapons. And what about the guy crouching around the corner? Those soldiers have to protect themselves and if it even looks like somebody has a weapon they're going to fuck him up.
    It's too small to be a weapon. I could see that. They could see that he had no weapon when he dived. They didn't have to shoot on him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,752 Posts
    Donate to WL you fuckers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 82Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    181 Posts
    Learn to rules of engagement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 52Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,430 Posts
    Murderers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    guncam on a 30mm is the most awesome thing since sliced bread.
    AH-64 is fucking amazing. And the 30mm throwing that truck about. Impressive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 60Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,903 Posts
    That was horrible to watch. :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 36Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,706 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 49Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,552 Posts
    Learn to rules of engagement.
    Learn to grammer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 87Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2009
    4,689 Posts
    alright hahaha i hit em

what in the sweet fucking fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,992 Posts
    Not really surprised. Soldiers make mistakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 49Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    December 2008
    386 Posts
    The biggest question is why journalists feel it's safe to be that close to a war zone and why they had children with them in the first place. This incident is a tragedy and a mistake not a full blown cold blooded murder by the hands of American soldiers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 43Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,706 Posts
    The biggest question is why journalists feel it's safe to be that close to a war zone and why they had children with them in the first place. This incident is a tragedy and a mistake not a full blown cold blooded murder by the hands of American soldiers.
    ???

They didn't just set up shop in the middle of a battlefield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

25. Post #25
    December 2008
    386 Posts
    ???

They didn't just set up shop in the middle of a battlefield.
    Yes they were there to report, they were employees of Reuters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,706 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the children were just people who lived there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2008
    11,327 Posts

It was safe prior to the 'chopper opening fire.

Its not like the Reuters staff and children ran and jumped in the middle of it all.

The helicopter brought danger to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,752 Posts
    Thanks for the GIF, benzi2k7. The subtitles make me sick, those soldiers should be charged with murder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 92Disagree Disagree x 12Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,582 Posts
    That camera is totally an AK47 or an RPG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    April 2008
    286 Posts
    Learn to grammer
    Not sure if you're a troll or not, if you aren't: you're bloody stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    December 2008
    386 Posts
    Yes their father attempted to help a man who had just been shot by US forces. I would never put my children's lives in danger like that.

It was safe prior to the 'chopper opening fire.

Its not like the Reuters staff and children ran and jumped in the middle of it all.

The helicopter brought danger to them.
    Take a look at this : http://collateralmurder.com/en/timeline.html

06:50:00 1/8 CAV moves in to assist 2/6 after a report of Small Arms Fire (SAF) in the area. They fail to positively identify (PID) the attacker.

32. Post #32
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    The news has to get out somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,552 Posts
    They shouldnt have just been walking around like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 41Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    Why shouldn't they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,610 Posts
    those soldiers should be put in the worst prison in existance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 34Disagree Disagree x 23Optimistic Optimistic x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    May 2008
    625 Posts
    That's horrifying, And absolutely nobody in the video seemed to care that they just killed all of those people.
    You act as though these people are satists, I bet if you asked them if they have any friends or have known who have died because of insurgents not one would say they didn't.

Edited:
    I love how everyone over reacts to shit that normally happens in war. This is not the worst shit that happens over there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 31Agree Agree x 9Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,752 Posts
    This incident is a tragedy and a mistake not a full blown cold blooded murder by the hands of American soldiers.
    Having a uniform and expensive equipment doesn't make cold-blooded murder anything else.

Edited:

You act as though these people are satists,
    "come on, let us shoot"
    "well it's their fault for bringing kids into the battle that's right"
    "ahahaha right through the windshield"

They ARE sadists and they ARE despicable human beings and they SHOULD be punished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 66Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2005
    21 Posts
    I understand why they were given the permission to shoot with the information they gave back to base.

It was the pilots who are at fault, as they should of been more assertive and more observent.

I am in awe of the technology, but war is always horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,899 Posts
    What always strikes me more about these incidents isn't so much the mistake or event, but rather the blasť attitude of the people involved. Perhaps what contributed to this horrible outcome

Also going from "two people who might be carrying weapons" to "five or six guys carrying AK47's" kinda tweaks me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,609 Posts
    Wow, no COD references yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)