1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    I'm 90% sure by the article and video editing that there were indeed compotants there.
    Really then where were they?

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,937 Posts
    i find him

[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6810/aesrfrfd.jpg[/ig]
    Disturbing.

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Oh and by the way, they were brits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,640 Posts
    Define "bad". Apparently, blowing up civilians, journalists and kids with a Apache is not deemed to be bad anymore.
    "Indiscriminate slaying" made me think they just whipped out a gun and went "HAHAHAHA FUCK YOU CIVILIANS BOOM BOOM BOOM"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Really then where were they?
    In the big group. Some guys clearly had something AK-47/74 looking thing around their shoulders.

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,171 Posts
    Did I quote you? I basically aggregated all the hollow justifications people supporting this video have put forward in this thread. Some where yours some weren't.

Edit.

Oh Wait shit I did. Thats what I get for trying to multitask. Editted my original post to say it wasn't just at you, but my point still stands.
    Name one person, who genuinely supports this video, and I don't mean who are defending the possibility that the pilots were wrong.

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    anyone rationalizing this could get banned/fucked

no big deal tho this'll be forgotten in a week or so after being tiptoed around by the "liberal" media

8. Post #368
    black people
    April 2008
    3,931 Posts
    Define "bad". Apparently, blowing up civilians, journalists and kids with a Apache is not deemed to be bad anymore.
    Haha, more melodramatic shit. First of all, you don't know that those were civilians. The article was too busy being biased towards the 2 journalists and kids being killed to care about the others being killed. The pilot saw what looked like weapons and a RPG. Yes, they do look like weapons. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously is thinking in a biased way because they already know it was a camera and probably analyzed some of the pictures posted by fellow FPers of the ciivilians with suspicious objects so to say. You never see the kids in the video neither did the pilots. You people are exaggerating everything it's sad. Typical minds of people who don't think outside the box. They instantly believe what they see and what they are told.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    I know FP is nazism, but being banned for having an opinion?

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    something AK-47/74 looking thing around their shoulders.
    I didn't see this. I saw two guys with cameras.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    Haha, more melodramatic shit. First of all, you don't know that those were civilians. The article was too busy being biased towards the 2 journalists and kids being killed to care about the others being killed. The pilot saw what looked like weapons and a RPG. Yes, they do look like weapons. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously is thinking in a biased way because they already know it was a camera and probably analyzed some of the pictures posted by fellow FPers of the ciivilians with suspicious objects so to say. You never see the kids in the video neither did the pilots. You people are exaggerating everything it's sad. Typical minds of people who don't think outside the box. They instantly believe what they see and what they are told.
    heh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    black people
    April 2008
    3,931 Posts
    By the sound of it you don't know anything. Wait what? You're not the other guy. It was a 757 not a 747.
    Still a plane. You're just nitpicking but anyways you're right. I don't dig myself deep in the conspiracy shit. Yes, the damage to the Pentagon is VERY questionable but doesn't mean that some conspiracy claims it was a cruise missile that's it's a fact.

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    I didn't see this. I saw two guys with cameras.

^ak47

^RPG

I'm not defending it, but I do see the fucking ak and rpg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    March 2010
    1,243 Posts
    i find him

I blame vidya games

15. Post #375
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,021 Posts
    Still a plane. You're just nitpicking but anyways you're right. I don't dig myself deep in the conspiracy shit. Yes, the damage to the Pentagon is VERY questionable but doesn't mean that some conspiracy claims it was a cruise missile that's it's a fact.
    I never said it was a conspiracy. I think the conspiracy theorist people are idiots.

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    Find anything remotely looking like a gun here

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,160 Posts
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but to me the worst thing is how the Pentagon covered this up for three years and so the soldiers weren't prosecuted for their actions. This only got discovered because the journalists were killed, I hate to think of all the other times innocent civilians must have been killed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    They aren't holding those things like guns. They look more like tripods. And even if they are guns, there was no rpg, and they had no reason to fire on the group
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    April 2010
    2,978 Posts
    You still don't get it do you?

They didn't have the goddamn time to take a picture of the group, enlarge it on a computer and only then react.

Do you know how the gun sight on the M230 chaingun actually works in the Apache?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmet_mounted_display
    Take a digital camera, zoom it all the way in, and make it so your dominate eye can ONLY see the camera's screen. Don't close either eye. Now try and function.
    Hard, isn't it?
    You can sit there all day and go "wow that is obviously a camera on his shoulder" but you aren't flying a fucking helicopter with your left eye and trying to keep a multimillion dollar aircraft from getting shot down and your co-pilot alive.

20. Post #380
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,552 Posts
    So you do really think that a fuckin 747 hit pentagon?
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...age=6#bigplane

It wasn't a 747

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,722 Posts

They didn't have the goddamn time to take a picture of the group, enlarge it on a computer and only then react.

The heli was not supposed to shoot at them unless they provoked him and shot at him first.

22. Post #382
    April 2010
    2,978 Posts

The heli was not supposed to shoot at them unless they provoked him and shot at him first.
    I thought that shit doesn't apply to aircraft

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    863 Posts
    At around 3:40, you can clearly see an RPG and other assault rifles.

This is not senseless slaughter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,722 Posts
    For everyone of those articles i can show you a similar one stating otherwise.

http://www.the7thfire.com/Politics%2...Flight-77.html

I also corrected myself a few posts back. A 757 or 747 doesn't change a thing. A big ass plane couldn't have possibly hit pentagon.

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts

If heli was shot at first something was seirously wrong. Aircrafts are not meant to be shot at.. They are meant to shoot at others.

26. Post #386
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,021 Posts

I'm sure you know this for a fact right? What do you think of the whole point of a Close Air Support helicopter brandishing a fuck load of weapons is?

They got clearance to attack, they did what they are suppose to do, albeit they acted to quickly.

27. Post #387
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,861 Posts
    I can't say I know a lot about this but what the hell, are those soldiers allowed to fire if they think they have guns? They can't just go like 'I think those guys have ak47s and RPGs, lets kill them without making sure they actually have those weapons', can they.

I agree with that they might not have seen the kids though. They should not have been there in the first place.

I don't completely blame those guys, they thought the camera's were weapons and in the video, they do look like weapons, but I still find it rather strange that they immedeatly opened fire without actually checking whether those are real guns.

28. Post #388
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,021 Posts
    For everyone of those articles i can show you a similar one stating otherwise.

http://www.the7thfire.com/Politics%2...Flight-77.html

I also corrected myself a few posts back. A 757 or 747 doesn't change a thing. A big ass plane couldn't have possibly hit pentagon.
    Shut up about the fucking pentagon already this has nothing to do with the argument.

Edited:

I can't say I know a lot about this but what the hell, are those soldiers allowed to fire if they think they have guns? They can't just go like 'I think those guys have ak47s and RPGs, lets kill them without making sure they actually have those weapons', can they.
    If you see someone with what appears to be a gun, you have to call it in and get clearance to shoot. Which they did.

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Just to wrap it up, bunch are acting like crybabies over an biased article failing to mention about insurgents carrying firearms, mostly bawwing how two children got injured and two reporters, who shoudn't have been there in the first place, getting killed by a british Ah-64D pilot who did jump to conclusions a bit too fast.

No ROE was violated and they acted according to protocol. Still made a big mistake, some got killed, it's sad I get it buit it's not like pilots should be tortured to death for it.

There is no such thing as black and white, only shades of greay and media is biased bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,963 Posts
    I think everything except for blowing up the building was justified. There was an unidentified, armed group of people acting suspiciously in a warzone, that's enough of an excuse to shoot in my opinion. Also, if the people in the van decide to go and help the armed combatants that were just shot to smithereens than they should probably expect to be shot at as well. There was a journalist there, but he probably already knew the dangers of traveling with a battle ready squad of insurgents. And the kids, well I honestly couldn't have seen them, and the guy was right when he stated that they shouldn't have brought their kids into a warzone.

The part with the missile attack on the building however, that's a different story. I believe that they made a huge mistake as they knew that civilians were in and around the building at the time they attacked. I think firing missiles into a populated area is a stupid idea and I don't like that they did that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Just to wrap it up, bunch are acting like crybabies over an biased article failing to mention about insurgents carrying firearms, mostly bawwing how two children got injured and two reporters, who shoudn't have been there in the first place, getting killed by a british Ah-64D pilot who did jump to conclusions a bit too fast.
    Crybabies over dead innocent human beings? I don't see how that is a bad thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,791 Posts
    Even on my four inch wide low-quality Youtube video, I could tell that the cameras were not weapons. I understand that this happens, but this was due to carelessness and a jumpy trigger finger. No one bothered to make sure that they were weapons. No one confirmed anything. How do they know that the guys in the van weren't just trying to get the wounded to a hospital? Why did they assume the items being carried were weapons? Why did they state that they were being fired, when it was obvious that nothing had been fired?

Had they just waited until someone on the ground or with better sight could confirm the presence of weapons, then this would not have happened. Shit like this happens alot, from error, misjudgement, or from simple carelessness, and it always gets shoved back. That's war, it happens in all conflicts on all sides. However, these people, as are many over there, were asking for an excuse to kill, and so they started seeing cameras as AKs and embellishing their stories.

"Come on buddy."
    "All ya gotta do is pick up a weapon..."

I understand it's not always convenient or possible for confirmation, but the pilots were still in the wrong. Unfortunately this may have been necessary and the rules of engagement indeed may have stated this to be proper actions, but it doesn't excuse the attitude of the pilots and the lies by the Pentagon, nor the embellishments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    a missile didn;t hit the pentagon, you can tell because the explosion is obv. a fuel explosion of some sort (from the jet)

Edited:

No ROE was violated and they acted according to protocol. Still made a big mistake, some got killed, it's sad I get it buit it's not like pilots should be tortured to death for it.

There is no such thing as black and white, only shades of greay and media is biased bullshit.
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    July 2006
    63 Posts
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but to me the worst thing is how the Pentagon covered this up for three years...
    EXACTLY!

This is why Wikileaks released the video. These kinds of things need to be bought to the public's attention. The mainstream media isn't even bothered to investigate these kinds of things.

Who cares whether a bunch of pixels on a TV screen looks like a gun or not. What matters is that the US military killed two civilian journalists and tried to cover it up.

We can argue about the video all day, or we can take a look at the bigger picture and realise the importance of this leak.

35. Post #395
    June 2008
    788 Posts
    Who ever rated OP funny is a dick. A DICK /caps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts

We don't know the original resolution or clarity of the picture, but if I can see it on a youtube video I'm pretty sure you can see it as a gunner. Yeah I know they've got to be up in the air and looking at the screen and shit, but they fired on a number of unarmed people with no provocation
    If heli was shot at first something was seirously wrong. Aircrafts are not meant to be shot at.. They are meant to shoot at others.
    If an enemy heli is seen then are you just going to stand there like a dolt?

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    Crybabies over dead innocent human beings? I don't see how that is a bad thing.
    noper, wrap it up

38. Post #398
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,861 Posts
    Edited:

If you see someone with what appears to be a gun, you have to call it in and get clearance to shoot. Which they did.
    But what if you don't know for sure whether those are actually guns. Do you still have to ask whether you can shoot

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    keep trying to rationalize this guys, keep doing it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,320 Posts
    I can see exactly why they did it. They had black, long objects by the side of their hands, and another was peeking around the corner with a camera, which did look like an RPG. Sure, it's not fair, but the military were only doing their job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)