1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    Wow, no COD references yet.
    That would be slightly more tasteless than my post.
    Is this an isolated incident? I honestly don't know. But punishing single soldiers would seem more like token acts to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    January 2010
    2,389 Posts
    I think I'm gonna be fucking sick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,668 Posts
    That would be slightly more tasteless than my post.
    Is this an isolated incident? I honestly don't know.
    Well this was a coverup that got leaked.

So probably not, sadly.

4. Post #44
    December 2008
    386 Posts
    Having a uniform and expensive equipment doesn't make cold-blooded murder anything else.

Edited:

"come on, let us shoot"
    "well it's their fault for bringing kids into the battle that's right"
    "ahahaha right through the windshield"

They ARE sadists and they ARE despicable human beings and they SHOULD be punished.
    Do you understand what murder is? This is manslaughter at the worse and I wholeheartedly believe these men thought they were the enemy even if their after thoughts were immoral.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,154 Posts
    Can't wait to see what Reuters has to say about this.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,711 Posts
    Not really surprised. Soldiers make mistakes.
    "I think i just drover over a dead body *lol*"
    "Really?"
    "Yeeeahhh hurrhurr"

Right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 20Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,230 Posts
    They shouldnt have just been walking around like that.
    God forbid a citizen walks around
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,698 Posts
    Wow, no COD references yet.
    It's because real life isn't a video game. Deal with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,429 Posts
    I feel physically fucking sick. Fuck me. That is a fucking embarrassment to the western world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,638 Posts
    Reuters are gonna have a field day.

In court
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,711 Posts
    I wanna know what the President has to say to this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 32Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,399 Posts
    This just in, collateral damage in a conflict where the enemy intentionally tries to look like civilians.

What's next? Are you going to tell me we are slaughtering trees because the enemy is trying to blend into the foliage? This is what happens when the dickwads on the other side decide to blend into the civilian population.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 56Agree Agree x 19 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,698 Posts
    How do cameras look like AK47's? That was just bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,453 Posts
    This just in, collateral damage in a conflict where the enemy intentionally tries to look like civilians.

What's next? Are you going to tell me we are slaughtering trees because the enemy is trying to blend into the foliage? This is what happens when the dickwads on the other side decide to blend into the civilian population.
    GunFox: Justifying the murder of civilians since 2010
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 45Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,263 Posts

Are you seriously fucking trying to justify that?

God...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,399 Posts
    GunFox: Justifying the murder of civilians since 2010
    My point is that the pilots are going to get all the blowback and nobody is going to point out that this happens because the prick insurgents choose a very specific method of combat to maximize accidental civilian casualties.

I also don't like that this incident gets way more media than the fucktons of other events simply because media related personnel died. As though the other civilians who died are less important.

Fuck the article doesn't even tell you who the other people were. It just tells you that two kids also got hurt. So, what? The other adults don't matter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Dumb Dumb x 16 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,429 Posts

Translation: They blend in, so it's safer to gun down 10 civilians as long as it hits 1 insurgent. Thats the American Way.

Safer One massacre at a time. :patriot:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,139 Posts
    I'm sorry to tell you all this but from how many feet in the air, something that is held in place by a strap can look like a gun. Not to mention the guy who was peering around the corner who looked like he was watching for something. That city is a warzone, where insurgents wear civilian clothing with no markings. They're not like soldiers wearing uniforms. They look like civilians.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,668 Posts

They're reporters though?

They had cameras and the guys lied and said they had AK's and RPG's...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Having a uniform and expensive equipment doesn't make cold-blooded murder anything else.

Edited:

"come on, let us shoot"
    "ahahaha right through the windshield"

They ARE sadists and they ARE despicable human beings and they SHOULD be punished.
    It's a job. Like with any job, over time after doing it you get used to it and you don't worry that mutch.
    It's a normal way to cope with that stuff that's happening, it's not cold blooded, it's usual.
    Let's see how long you can be so "oh caring, flowers, butterflies, love!" when fighting against those guys who are responcible for the injuries and deaths of your mates.

Plus they were in, like the chairforce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

21. Post #61
    February 2010
    285 Posts
    They shouldnt have just been walking around like that.
    Yeah! They don't have the right to leave their house and walk around the place they live! Kill all muslims.

Derp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    I wanna know what the President has to say to this.
    What *can* he do other than say "we're sorry" and pushing through private reparations? Any sort of long-term change will probably be pushed through the legislative process and that isn't going to be easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    7,578 Posts
    I'm sorry to tell you all this but from how many feet in the air, something that is held in place by a strap can look like a gun. Not to mention the guy who was peering around the corner who looked like he was watching for something. That city is a warzone, where insurgents wear civilian clothing with no markings. They're not like soldiers wearing uniforms. They look like civilians.
    They got a strap, fucking mow them down.
    It was obvious it's not a fucking gun even from the video, I bet it was even easier to see from the person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,913 Posts
    Try to see it from both sides. Gunfox is right, the insurgents ARE trying to make us do this. They are not all wearing uniforms and big flags that say "I'm an insurgent". However, the gunner of this Apache seems to be all too ready to gun down unconfirmed insurgents. The way he was speaking made it sound like he wanted to just go on a killing spree on any Iraqi in sight. The gunner and maybe even the pilot should be court-martialed and dishonorably discharged. They deserve more punishment than that, in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    December 2008
    386 Posts
    GunFox is right. It's very easy to criticize and demonize the men involved but it takes logic to be empathetic with the men and realize that this is a war zone and that Iraq is far different from the United States. Put in that situation I guarantee some of you would have reacted just as the soldiers had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,934 Posts
    More reason that the American Army is the worst in the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 28Dumb Dumb x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,711 Posts

Collateral damage is one thing.

Laughing about dead bodies and wanting to shoot so badly that "possibly armed persons" turn into "armed persons with AK-47s" within a second is a completely different thing.

Now you tell me "It's war, get over it"? Their mentality is an absolute danger to themselves and everyone around them. People who seem to understand murder as a videogame or something shouldn't be allowed to decide over anyone's life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,668 Posts
    Also yeh, I'm not shocked by the banter. I'm pretty sure that's a normal way to cope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    BAZ
    Dav0r, buy me a custom title. I'm far too poor ;_;
    July 2005
    12,584 Posts
    Exactly, this isn't conventional warfare. It's not COD. You can't tell who's good and who's bad, there's going to be innocent causalities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,892 Posts
    Guy in the bradley: Haha, I think I just ran over a dead body.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    7,578 Posts
    No it's not. Lets not start generalizing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Even the murphys law of war says: "when in doubt, open fire"
    Sure, they went bit over the edge, but that article is biased so gunfoxy is trying to balance things out.

It's not all black and white.
    Plus it's called darwinism when you go and fuck around with the bodies after a heil of boolets while the source is still in the air.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,966 Posts
    Soldier is a tool of his/her superior.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,934 Posts
    That's war for you. I don't think it's an isolated atrocity at all. Certainly that helps build bridges.

(tasteless joke below)

I guess their efforts at diplomacy just got

"shot down"
    You're a fucking cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

35. Post #75
    January 2010
    2,714 Posts
    This shit happens in every war, if you're in the battlefield for a long time eventually you start HATING the enemy, so yeah, if you're out there you're going to get fucked up enough to where you laugh when you kill an enemy.

This war is even worse. Soldiers in the pacific theater became so enraged at their enemy because of all the nasty shit they pulled in wartime.

Even the Japanese didn't use little kids as fucking suicide bombers.

It's easy to judge the soldiers while you're sitting in a comfy computer chair with your feet up drinking root beer and browsing the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,880 Posts
    Are you even surprised? These are the trigger happy Americans.
    I'm really surprised that trained soldiers that pilot the most advance helicopter in the world can't tell a god damn camera from an AK. Also an RPG? What the fuck?
    Then when the pilot said that they were firing the RPG/AK, man that's just a reason to kill people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    January 2009
    1,528 Posts
    Come to think of it, Gunfox is kinda right.

They wouldn't mistake Civillians for Insurgents if the insurgents didn't fucking dress as civiillians in the first place.

What's funny is that there are quite a few people I've heard on Facepunch who think the Insurgents are the "Good guys".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Guy in the bradley: Haha, I think I just ran over a dead guy.
    That was an hummer...
    Bradley is that medium tracked thing they carried off bodies to...

It was a mistake. Those things really looked like guns and when you're wearing a 3 foot long camera you don't go peeking 'round walls at the choppers, taking all the suspicion in the world.

Isn't there some system when you're a journalist, that you go and tell the local base about your doings in the city?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,749 Posts

I can't belive they said that.

But i guess the army would be full of sadistic fucks, it's the only job in the world were you get paid to gun people down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    December 2008
    386 Posts
    Don't start. America may have it's faults but we also do things better than other countries just as other countries do things better than us. The United States is the world police for a reason and if not for America democracy may not have survived into the 21st century. Two democratic nations have never fought against one another and that is what we are working towards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 5Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)