1. Post #321
    PErfect name and post match.
    :smug:

Wouldn't think that if you met me in real life though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #322
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,198 Posts
    I heard that. It would've been a real serious shitstorm if they had went like "oh hey, stuff that looks like guns. Better not tell the base, we can't have any fun. RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TA!"
    "haha, good kill!"
    This would have been even more fucked if they would have just opened fire without clearance. It would have been all over the news by now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    July 2006
    1,786 Posts
    This is how the world is:

Don't know anything about it, don't talk / complain about it
    You know it? Then you complain about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    January 2010
    1,523 Posts
    i find him

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    You can't shoot down an Apache that's at that distance with an RPG unless you were the luckiest mother fucker in Baghdad.

RPG-7s are designed for tanks and low flying aircraft. An Apache flying doing what these guys are doing now would be well out of the effective attack range for an RPG-7, Even if you just lobed a round in hopes you hit the helicopter, you would have just about the same chance as shooting a bullet in the air and hitting General Petraeus as hes doing a speech at camp Anaconda. And I highly doubt your average group of insurgents goes around brandishing a Stinger missile system, which would be easily visible being carried by a guy.

The simple fact of a man having an RPG, and you are in a helicopter that can be damaged from the RPG, even though you are well out of the way of it's effective range does not give you clearance to attack.
    There's still a chanse you might get hit by that lucky shot and you don't fucking want that. You don't want any missiles going airbourne doing what every they want, exploding whenever they want sending sharpnel wherever it wants.

rockets are explodey little brats. You don't want explosions.

And yes, a chopper is an low-flying aircraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,003 Posts
    So what you say is you rather want 50k soldiers to die from your country than 50k civilians from some random country you don't give a crap about?

That's a nice spirit.
    "Um, their lives are less important that ours because they aren't american and they totally asked for it and it wasn't us who invaded they country because we are there to liberate them afterall"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #327
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
    i find him

I am not a bitch :saddowns:

8. Post #328
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,552 Posts
    Give me a fuckin break. First off, taliban did not declare war on the us, they were just doing their own thing in afghanistan (they were only suppressing and fuckin up afghanis). Second, the whole al-quaede is bullshit and product of US. Do you honestly think a 747 hit pentagon? Do you honestly think a bunch of cave dwellers in afghanistan planned all that shit?

Also, fun fact: Osama bin laden was an ex-cia agent who did fuck load of missions for US during the afghan-soviet war...
    I live in D.C. I stood at the fucking wreckage and prayed with my family, pastor, and various people from my church. And you must be really fucking ignorant if you think they are a bunch of fucking retards sitting in caves pissing themselves and playing boggle. And did osama bin laden also create an evil ray gun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,463 Posts
    Quit the QQ everyone. So what? Some kids died? Omg, let's look at haiti.. Let's look at every fucking where on the planet, EVERYONE IS DIEING. It's war, and they deserve it.
    Don't be that guy, really don't.

They're kids they didn't deserve shit.

And I bet most of the people killed didn't either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,198 Posts
    Be real. There's tons of reporters in Iraq.
    Reporters should get an IR belt that lights them up like a christmas tree on IR cameras. Though they would be highly exploitable. IE, insurgents killing reporters just for the belts so Apaches don't engage them. But It's not like the IR things on the tops of coalition vehicles stopped the A-10s from fucking over that group of Brits, so I don't know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #331
    Gold Member

June 2006
    1,105 Posts
    There's still a chanse you might get hit by that lucky shot and you don't fucking want that. You don't want any missiles going airbourne doing what every they want, exploding whenever they want sending sharpnel wherever it wants.

being low-flying doesn't change anything

they didn't take an aggressive stance with the "RPG"

what's your point

12. Post #332
    October 2009
    1,423 Posts
    This is how the world is:

Don't know anything about it, don't talk / complain about it
    You know it? Then you complain about it.

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    it doesn't, because as you can see in the video, they don't query for any press activity in the area

english is the only language of the civilized world you should prob just drop the other ones

also RPGs don't just explode in the air for no reason sending shrapnel everywhere this isn't a videogame
    They do. [quote=wiki]The grenade is stabilized by two sets of fins that deploy in-flight: one large set on the stabilizer pipe to maintain direction and a smaller front set to induce rotation. The grenade can fly up to 1,100 meters; the fuze sets the maximum range, usually 920 meters.[quote]
    They self-destruct after distance of 500-1000m.

And go to hell, you're saying that I should drop the language that is in a way my national identity that our nation has fought centuries against russians and germans to keep it alive just for some piece of shit english?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,003 Posts
    I live in D.C. I stood at the fucking wreckage and prayed with my family, pastor, and various people from my church. And you must be really fucking ignorant if you think they are a bunch of fucking retards sitting in caves pissing themselves and playing boggle. And did osama bin laden also create an evil ray gun?
    So you do really think that a fuckin 747 hit pentagon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

15. Post #335
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,198 Posts
    What?

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    Give me a fuckin break. First off, taliban did not declare war on the us, they were just doing their own thing in afghanistan (they were only suppressing and fuckin up afghanis). Second, the whole al-quaede is bullshit and product of US. Do you honestly think a 747 hit pentagon? Do you honestly think a bunch of cave dwellers in afghanistan planned all that shit?

Also, fun fact: Osama bin laden was an ex-cia agent who did fuck load of missions for US during the afghan-soviet war...
    Troll detected off the starboard bow.

You fail trolling forever, at least learn to spell correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,198 Posts
    So you do really think that a fuckin 747 hit pentagon?
    It was never a 747 dumbass, learn your facts.

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts

what's your point
    dun know 'bout you but having an RPG out seems pretty fucking agressive.

19. Post #339
    black people
    April 2008
    3,934 Posts

what's your point
    So... they can have RPG's as long as they don't take an "aggressive stance"

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,429 Posts

So essentially from your post and others in this thread:

Soldiers are tired and fucking hate everyone that isn't in the army. They can't see properly in their cameras and it's better them than us. If you want to look at it like that, every carried remotely cylindrical object is grounds for lethal force.

That's just fucked up.

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Listen to Soldier32, his name aint that for no reason.

I would've gone to bed long ago, but this is just too fun!

22. Post #342
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,198 Posts
    You can't fire on someone just because they have an RPG. You always need clearance. Which they had so good for them.

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    So essentially:

Soldiers are tired and fucking hate everyone that isn't in the army. They can't see properly in their cameras and it's better them than us. If you want to look at it like that, every remotely cylindrical object is grounds for lethal force.

That's just fucked up.
    now you're putting words in my mouth.

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,057 Posts
    I watched the video a bit. It wasn't as bad as people were describing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    You can't fire on someone just because they have an RPG. You always need clearance. Which they had so good for them.
    Yes. Glad we reached an agreement.

26. Post #346
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,003 Posts
    Troll detected off the starboard bow.

You fail trolling forever, at least learn to spell correctly.
    Yeah, because the only language in the world is English and the only country in the world is US of A. I speak 5 languages. How many languages do you speak?

27. Post #347
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    Terrible.

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Yeah, because the only language in the world is English and the only country in the world is US of A. I speak 5 languages. How many languages do you speak?
    Enough to know an troll when I see one.

29. Post #349
    black people
    April 2008
    3,934 Posts
    You don't know that. Fucking kids and their little conspiracy shit. While what happened with the Pentagon is shady doesn't mean your conspiracy thoughts are facts.

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,429 Posts
    now you're putting words in my mouth.
    Did I quote you? I basically aggregated all the hollow justifications people supporting this video have put forward in this thread. Some where yours some weren't.

Edit.

Oh Wait shit I did. Thats what I get for trying to multitask. Editted my original post to say it wasn't just at you, but my point still stands.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Yes, yes you did.

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,003 Posts
    I watched the video a bit. It wasn't as bad as people were describing it.
    Define "bad". Apparently, blowing up civilians, journalists and kids with a Apache is not deemed to be bad anymore.

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,238 Posts
    Reporters need IR beacons.

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    I'm 90% sure by the article and video editing that there were indeed compotants there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #355
    March 2010
    419 Posts
    3 hours, 9 pages?!

Also, this video is disgusting. (Innocent?) lives taken.

36. Post #356
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,198 Posts
    You don't know that. Fucking kids and their little conspiracy shit. While what happened with the Pentagon is shady doesn't mean your conspiracy thoughts are facts.
    By the sound of it you don't know anything. Wait what? You're not the other guy. It was a 757 not a 747.

37. Post #357
    Gold Member

November 2005
    11,757 Posts
    Define "bad". Apparently, blowing up civilians, journalists and kids with a Apache is not deemed to be bad anymore.
    Oh it's perfectly alright because America did it.

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,003 Posts
    A 757, that still doesn't change anything. Nothing but a cruise missile couldn't caused that pattern of damage, not a big ass plane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    By the sound of it you don't know anything.
    He's the only one that knows out here.

40. Post #360
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
    3 hours, 9 pages?!
    It's not that surprising