1. Post #1

March 2010
    13 Posts
    Hey Guys is it possible to turn off errors in gmod? as in the massive red ones on screen not in console?

I really want to use the Hitlers Jet Pack but the error is well anoying i know its because i dont have HL Esp2, but need a work around if its possible.

Cheers Peeps!

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,017 Posts
    Buy the game perhaps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,473 Posts
    You could replace the error model with something smaller and less annoying, but it's much more worthwhile to just buy the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Title Attrition Belligerent
    November 2009
    2,022 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,473 Posts
    Heh, that's funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

March 2010
    13 Posts
    hahaha Yep thats how i feel :]

garry sooo should make it an option to turn it off would be sweet, guess im gonna have to change it then! :|

Thanks guys!

PS. Change it to Fucked (Y) lol

7. Post #7
    Title Attrition Belligerent
    November 2009
    2,022 Posts
    because garry totally made the error model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2005
    42 Posts
    You could replace the error model with something smaller and less annoying, but it's much more worthwhile to just buy the game.
    I own Garry's mod 10 and i still see errors once and a while too. It can be caused by him not having a model someone else has or by not owning Episode 1 or 2 as some new maps use content from them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2007
    1,396 Posts
    Every source game has errors. Seriously:

So basically, no.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,473 Posts
    I own Garry's mod 10 and i still see errors once and a while too. It can be caused by him not having a model someone else has or by not owning Episode 1 or 2 as some new maps use content from them.
    Hnnngh no I meant buy Ep2

Edited:

And the good thing about the error models is that at least it lets you know something is wrong.

11. Post #11
    I am actually a red panda in real life
    June 2008
    1,296 Posts
    Workaround, that would basically be pirating, you need ep2 for the pack then the only workaround is to buy ep2. Otherwise it's illegal >:3

12. Post #12
    August 2009
    312 Posts
    You turn off errors by buying the required source games :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,546 Posts
    What happens if you delete the ERROR model? Does it create some sort of rift in time and space?

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,308 Posts
    That's a good question...

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    1,450 Posts
    Probably will just be invisible.

16. Post #16
    August 2009
    442 Posts
    That won't be a good idea if their invisible as if you were to download some models then you won't be able to tell if their textures and models are correupt or if you don't have the needed game for it.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,017 Posts
    Can someone not make a empty mdl, physics and such files to replace it?

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,704 Posts
    What happens if you delete the ERROR model? Does it create some sort of rift in time and space?
    You can't, it's packaged in the GCFs of all source engine games. If you edit or try to remove it from the GCF, it will fail the cache check and not mount, resulting in Gmod crashing.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,104 Posts
    I'd advise this, http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=64266

It doesn't get rid of errors, but it makes them small and not so obvious.

20. Post #20
    September 2009
    85 Posts
    if you get the model files from the content GCF's of the half life games, (using GCFedit) you can put them into your steam\steamapps\'steam username'\garrysmod\garrysmod directory, and it will use the model files from there. This also works if you buy TF2 instead of CSS to get garrysmod, and your missing the texture files.

However you'll need to find somewhere to get those gcf's , you must have atleast one friend with them.