1. Post #1681
    March 2010
    445 Posts
    Yes that is true, although when they are there is still identifiably more than one "stick", usually because the mechanism for folding and the different sections of the tripod don't make it resemble one long smooth RPG with warhead attached.

2. Post #1682
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts
    What about the guy that crawls along the dirt which they proceed to light up again?
    Uh... The guy crawling in the dirt gets picked up by the people in the van? Or do you mean the guys running away?

Unless you mean the people killed by the helicopters. They fired multiple bursts to kill them. I'm not sure what the problem is there? Once they determined they were going to kill the people on the ground, they killed them. One happened to survive and they left him. In a terrible irony, if he had died, the people in the van never would have been killed.

3. Post #1683
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,258 Posts
    Uh... The guy crawling in the dirt gets picked up by the people in the van? Or do you mean the guys running away?

Unless you mean the people killed by the helicopters. They fired multiple bursts to kill them. I'm not sure what the problem is there? Once they determined they were going to kill the people on the ground, they killed them. One happened to survive and they left him. In a terrible irony, if he had died, the people in the van never would have been killed.
    Shortly before(or after, I'm not watching the video for a seventh time) they attack the guy that gets picked up, there is a guy crawling across the dirt which they proceed to fire at him again.

This is the same guy that is run over by the Humvee later on.

That's a direct breach of the RoE of providing aid to the wounded.

4. Post #1684
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts
    Shortly before(or after, I'm not watching the video for a seventh time) they attack the guy that gets picked up, there is a guy crawling across the dirt which they proceed to fire at him again.

Uh, he was running away and he dove on the ground. They fired another burst at him but missed because he was laying on the ground, so they shot again. He was uninjured before the last burst, if you watch the video.

He may have actually tripped, I'm not sure. But he didn't get shot in the first burst, that much is obvious from how he runs away.

Another helicopter fired another burst at some point later, although it's unclear what he is shooting at. There's a building in the way, but there wasn't anything there the last time he went around.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not really sure. There's tons of dust, so it's not really clear. There is a guy lying in the entrance of the building. Even if he crawls inside, that's still seen as trying to escape.

5. Post #1685
    December 2009
    4,253 Posts

he was running and then he dived if i remember, he wasn't "wounded" (or at least it didn't appear that way)

6. Post #1686
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,545 Posts
    Okay I have the best solution to take controversy out of this video.
    Watch it with "America Fuck yeah" on.

But yeah it is indeed it was a very interesting view.

7. Post #1687
    August 2009
    4,042 Posts

Not sure if I'm ninja'd, too many replies to check, but this is some footage of it all. From what I saw, there where no Kalashnikovs, nor even sidearms held by the people they murdered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1688
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts

And again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1689
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,052 Posts
    I dont what side to take :psyduck:

10. Post #1690
    August 2009
    4,042 Posts

And again.
    Hmmmm... I guess that's two of them now that I look carefully, but that was about a dussin deaths, so that's still ten sketchy ones.

11. Post #1691
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    4,285 Posts

And again.
    No you're a moron those are clearly camera sticks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #1692
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,545 Posts
    No you're a moron those are clearly camera sticks
    And you'd really notice if you were flying over a potential conflict zone half a mile away in an apache?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #1693
    November 2009
    919 Posts
    Hmm, you're in the middle of a war zone, you're going to want to defend yourself.
    there is international law which restricts such individuals from carrying weapons in combat. Priests in the military are also not allowed to carry weapons.

suck a fat 1 u america bashing troll

14. Post #1694
    July 2009
    5,753 Posts
    A director of Wikileaks was interviewed by Colbert last night. According to him their weren't actually troops nearby, just a report of small arms fire.

15. Post #1695
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,545 Posts
    Yeah I saw that too. No source though, and he seemed really one sided about the situation.

Edited:

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/546925
    There if ya wanna see it. Skip to about just after half way.

16. Post #1696
    February 2010
    826 Posts
    a fucking rocketlauncher as a reporter to fend off terrorists?
    Tripod

Edited:

Didn't notice the other 42 pages

Edited:

:(

17. Post #1697
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,266 Posts
    Tripod

Edited:

Didn't notice the other 42 pages

Edited:

:(
    "Assange said his suspicions about the weapons were so strong that a draft version of the video they produced made specific reference to the AK-47s and RPGs. Ultimately, Assange said, WikiLeaks became "unsure" about the weapons. He claimed the RPG could have been a camera tripod, so editors decided not to point it out."

Wikileaks editors had as long as they needed to try to figure it out, and yet they could not reach a conclusion. The Apache pilots did not have the benefit of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1698
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    A director of Wikileaks was interviewed by Colbert last night. According to him their weren't actually troops nearby, just a report of small arms fire.
    Too much shit flying around to actually judge this.

19. Post #1699
    July 2009
    5,753 Posts
    Too much shit flying around to actually judge this.
    I assumed that the photo Reuters had of a Humvee implied there were troops nearby, and that the entire reason the photographers were out was to capture it on film.

Edited:

I mean there's probably Humvees everywhere but the fact that he felt like taking a picture of it makes me think something was going down.

20. Post #1700
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    I assumed that the photo Reuters had of a Humvee implied there were troops nearby, and that the entire reason the photographers were out was to capture it on film.
    Hell, people can't even agree on the legitimacy of the photo.

21. Post #1701
    February 2010
    1,149 Posts
    God this is worse than when the marine threw a puppy off the cliff.
    Unjusticfied.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

22. Post #1702
    September 2009
    12,270 Posts
    I never knew Insurgents would let reporters film them in the first place.

They usually make good ransom money or beheading videos.

23. Post #1703
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,528 Posts
    ITT: People think Apache pilots have the Visual capabillies to disdiquish a Camera from 1/2 a mile away while moving

24. Post #1704
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    98 Posts
    God this is worse than when the marine threw a puppy off the cliff.
    Unjusticfied.
    How is this worse? In one sense, many humans died instead of a puppy (worse), but also, this was arguably justified whereas puppies are just ADORABLE

25. Post #1705
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    491 Posts
    I never knew Insurgents would let reporters film them in the first place.

They usually make good ransom money or beheading videos.
    Watch Mission Accomplished. The Journalist spoke to MANY Insurgents. Even one of the groups were against beheading and suicide bombing.

26. Post #1706
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,229 Posts
    I don't want to get into this arguement. But they were in a warzone, and when I watched the video, they looked like they were armed.

27. Post #1707
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    491 Posts
    They were in a civilian area. People LIVED there.