1. Post #1
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    This guy is awesome.

The program director of KMBZ radio in Kansas City says the station has no choice but to air commercials with racially biased and anti-Semitic claims from a write-in candidate for the U.S. Senate from Missouri.

The ads — which began on the station last week — are from Glenn Miller, a Springfield man who once ran the White Patriot Party. He’s been described by the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Ala., as a white supremacist and former paramilitary organizer.

One of Miller’s ads, aired during the Darla Jaye talk show program in the evening, urges whites to “take their country back” and disparages Jews and nonwhites.

The Missouri secretary of state’s office said Miller has filed required papers to qualify as a write-in candidate in the 2010 Senate race.

Under Federal Communications Commission rules and federal law, a “legally qualified candidate” must be given reasonable, uncensored access to broadcast airtime if he or she can pay the cost.

“The company is required by federal law to run these spots and to do so without any edits,” said KMBZ program director Neil Larrimore. “Our hands are tied.”

Larrimore said Miller has purchased airtime on at least one other local station.

Miller did not return phone calls seeking comment.

The law center and the Jewish Community Relations Bureau in Kansas City declined to comment on the ads because, as nonprofit organizations, they are prohibited from opposing or endorsing candidates.

But Leonard Zeskind has written about Miller and others in his book “Blood and Politics: The History of the White Nationalist Movement From the Margins to the Mainstream.”

“I think people have to stand up and say it’s wrong,” Zeskind said.

While Miller has filed required paperwork with the Missouri secretary of state, he has not filed with the Federal Election Commission and won’t have to unless he raises or spends $5,000 or more.

At that point, an FEC spokesman said, Miller must file a statement of candidacy and regular campaign finance disclosures. If he doesn’t, the spokesman said, he could face sanctions and penalties, although the FEC can’t force his ads off the air.

The ads indicate that they are paid for by the “Committee to Elect Write-In Candidate Glenn Miller to the U.S. Senate.” There is no record of such a committee with the FEC, a spokeswoman said, and a search of the Missouri Ethics Commission’s Web site shows no such committee.

The station is running a disclaimer before the Miller ads, which is allowed under FCC rules, although the disclaimer cannot criticize or support the commercials.

And the station is not allowed to censor the message, legal experts said.

“We’ve dealt with situations where white supremacists have qualified for a place on the ballot in a congressional race and wanted to run racist ads — and stations have had to allow it,” wrote David Oxenford on the Web site of a law firm specializing in broadcasting. “While this may seem like a bad outcome, it does make sure that stations cannot block unpopular viewpoints from being aired so that all points of view can be expressed by political candidates.

“Thus, while individual cases may result in ugly situations, the overall purpose of encouraging diverse political speech is achieved by the rules,” Oxenford wrote.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/28...#ixzz0kfSLxa76
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,178 Posts
    Got a link to the actual recording?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2008
    981 Posts
    badass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

4. Post #4

February 2010
    2,705 Posts
    That's just plain fucked up. What a racist asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    Got a link to the actual recording?
    I wish :*(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,178 Posts
    Also this.

Edited:

I wish :*(
    =S

7. Post #7
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    For the record I have no intention of giving this country back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 30Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,178 Posts
    Oh yeah you're black or something lol.
    Totally forgot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,765 Posts
    Sharing is caring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    Oh yeah you're black or something lol.
    Totally forgot.
    Or a jew
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

February 2010
    2,705 Posts
    Black jewish furry is what I'm thinking looking at your Steam groups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,178 Posts
    Or a jew
    Didn't notice the referring to jews in the OP.
    My bad.

13. Post #13
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,017 Posts
    Or a jew
    Or both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    February 2008
    1,421 Posts
    Come to Canada, Nearly half of the population isnt actually from canada!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    Or a jew
    you are elusive like quantum physics

black and a jew

maybe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2009
    2,033 Posts
    They're making everywhere below the Mason Dixon Line and between the coasts seem like racist shitholes.

brb trying not to get lynched
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member

March 2007
    2,264 Posts
    These are the two radio commercials in question.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

18. Post #18
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    7,679 Posts
    I love how he says whites should "take their country back" when it isn't even theirs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,535 Posts
    Fucking hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2008
    43 Posts
    These are being broadcast on radio stations in south Missouri as well.

21. Post #21
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Its always seemed cowardly to me for someone to go after Jews with this stuff. Hating Jews is racism for pussies, because honestly, a gang of Orthodox Jews isn't going to recognize you in traffic and break your windshield with a baseball bat. Mexicans would, for sure. Maybe black people depending on the neighborhood. But Jews? The most they would do is sabotage the town's yeast supply. If you're gonna' be racist you ought grow a pair and pick on an ethnicity that would actually shank you.

(User was permabanned for this post ("Racist" - Greeman))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 225Agree x 18Friendly x 14Dumb x 7Disagree x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2007
    1,403 Posts
    I heard this live on the radio, I laughed so hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    September 2009
    2,595 Posts
    What a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Its always seemed cowardly to me for someone to go after Jews with this stuff. Hating Jews is racism for pussies, because honestly, a gang of Orthodox Jews isn't going to recognize you in traffic and break your windshield with a baseball bat. Mexicans would, for sure. Maybe black people depending on the neighborhood. But Jews? The most they would do is sabotage the town's yeast supply. If you're gonna' be racist you ought grow a pair and pick on an ethnicity that would actually shank you.
    lankist you are a shining beacon for race relationships
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 101Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    He doesn''t sound like he does more than sitting on his bare ass with a confederate hat while drinking beer cans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,956 Posts
    That's probably why people go after jews.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,532 Posts
    Or a jew
    or Asian, according to that race poll from a few years back.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    4,010 Posts
    Or a jew
    I heard you were a black ethinic Jew

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,792 Posts
    I heard these on Distorted View.
    "WHITE MAN, LISTEN UP! YOU NEED TO VOTE FOR ME!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts

God damn lankist perma'd

That's surprising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,125 Posts
    God damn lankist perma'd

That's surprising.
    It's a shame to see his awesome comic die with him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    4,010 Posts
    It's a shame to see his awesome comic die with him.
    He was getting worse. It was the humane way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,744 Posts

Maybe he'll finish his refugee camp screenplay now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,033 Posts
    This is like the only time I've been sad to see someone perma'd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 59Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,068 Posts

Holy shit... LANKIST!!!

I always thought you were invincible...:saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,294 Posts
    God damnit Greeman >:(.

I've never seen anyone being perma'd for racism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    It's a sad, sad day for FP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,022 Posts
    Let's create a riot, everyone wear red, for Lankist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    February 2008
    1,421 Posts

Maybe he shouldn't have been racist. I for one cannot tolerate racism, it makes my neck stiff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 50Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,100 Posts
    i live in the shitpile known as springfield and the name glenn miller rings a few bells

like not for racist ads but for other stupid shit