1. Post #761
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Added Tyranid Warrior

If I see one more 'nid on this thread, I'll go and play them on DOW2 til the computer crashes.

Edited:

You mean prices? Yeah, the prices are horrible.
    Not prices. Just schoolwork, relatives, and so on.

2. Post #762
    October 2009
    511 Posts
    Added Tyranid Warrior

Yeah, more tyranids! :haw:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #763
    Michael C. Hall Appreciation Station
    August 2009
    607 Posts
    Can I get any kind of help please? I'm sorry if I didn't see that this is a closed beta type thing now but I'd really like some help getting the SVN to work. It keeps asking for a password.

4. Post #764
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Can I get any kind of help please? I'm sorry if I didn't see that this is a closed beta type thing now but I'd really like some help getting the SVN to work. It keeps asking for a password.
    May I have a sample of what you're on? Because it never asks for a password. Not at the beginning of time, not since then, definitely not now, not when 2012 happens, not when various shit happens after that, and not when the universe ends.

5. Post #765
    August 2009
    607 Posts
    May I have a sample of what you're on? Because it never asks for a password. Not at the beginning of time, not since then, definitely not now, not when 2012 happens, not when various shit happens after that, and not when the universe ends.
    You mean like what OS? Vista Home x64. Using TortoiseSVN.

6. Post #766
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    You mean like what OS? Vista Home x64. Using TortoiseSVN.
    Okey Dokey then. Upgrade to Windows 7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #767
    August 2009
    607 Posts
    Okey Dokey then. Upgrade to Windows 7.
    How about some actual damn help? This is frustrating as all get out.

8. Post #768
    January 2010
    2,265 Posts
    Probably a dumb question but why don't some models show up when I try to spawn them ?

9. Post #769
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Probably a dumb question but why don't some models show up when I try to spawn them ?
    Occasionaly, Gmod fails to load .vvd files for certain models. This is probably the case. If it's constantly fucking up, then redownload the .SVN files.

10. Post #770
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    Some of the models also have an issue with bad HBox data from when I first started working on this project. So if you are spawning them on a small map or in a small room, they are actually showing up about 150 feet above you.

11. Post #771
    January 2010
    2,265 Posts
    So it spawns like this, midair, and it can't be interacted with.
    http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1299149918

12. Post #772
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    So it spawns like this, midair, and it can't be interacted with.
    http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1299149918
    What are the tech specs for your computer? You know, OS, graphics card etc. etc. etc.?

13. Post #773
    January 2010
    2,265 Posts
    Windows 7 - 64 bit

Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60 GHz 1.80 GHz
    RAM : 2.00 GB
    GeForce 9400 GT

14. Post #774
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    Based on the leg in the picture it looks like the lictor. I just tested it and it was working fine for me. Something might have screwed up in the download, try deleting the 6 model files for the lictor and doing another SVN update to re-download them.

Also another question are the skinned ones giving you the same problem?

15. Post #775
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Windows 7 - 64 bit

Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60 GHz 1.80 GHz
    RAM : 2.00 GB
    GeForce 9400 GT
    Should be fine then. Like Necro said, redownload the SVN.

16. Post #776
    January 2010
    2,265 Posts
    Based on the leg in the picture it looks like the lictor. I just tested it and it was working fine for me. Something might have screwed up in the download, try deleting the 6 model files for the lictor and doing another SVN update to re-download them.

Also another question are the skinned ones giving you the same problem?
    Yes. Maybe I did something wrong while installing ? I used TortoiseSVN to download the SVN, then exported it into the addon folder.

17. Post #777
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    It's more of an issue with the download process it self, not something you did.

18. Post #778
    March 2011
    56 Posts
    IDK if that issue was solved before, but i have a problem. Everything in your pack doesn't work. I go to browse thingy, point to your models, and spawnicons are all errors, and nothing works if I click them. Any solution, please? These models look great(You should work for Valve, really :D), but sadly I can't use them.
    @Edit
    ok my avatar changed from Bieber to this, so it is ok :D
    Also, I noticed that when mouse is over spawnicon, the path contains double "models" folder, while the "working" addons show only one "models" folder.

19. Post #779
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    sounds like you did an svn checkout to a wrong folder. Whats your path to a model file in my pack starting from "*ursteamaccount*/garrysmod/garrysmod/" ?

20. Post #780
    March 2011
    56 Posts
    sounds like you did an svn checkout to a wrong folder. Whats your path to a model file in my pack starting from "*ursteamaccount*/garrysmod/garrysmod/" ?
    I just did CO to a newly made folder. I didn't touch anything in it-leaved as SVN downloaded it. So it was something like:
    /garrysmod/addons/DoW 2 models/models/dow2/model_name_here.mdl<or a model in these folders :P> So idk what is wrong here. Can it be the name of folder, which i made CO into? It would be very strange - bunch of errors just because i made a wrong-called addon folder ;d
    @down
    I'll check, if changing folder name changes something. I think not.
    Oh and BTW in my fresh SVN version, you foirgot about a " sign in info.txt :P After an update date.
    @edit 2
    Finally i got it working. The "models" word in my CO folder name was making gmod crazy :D Very good job. The ragdolls are quite hard to pose, because of "no-colliding" their limbs with entire body. And i got pink-black checkboard when i changed angry marine's bodygruup, for example helmet(these just before faces are pinkyblack), or backpack(these after the assault jumppack are also checky). Besides that, everything works great. Too bad, that these ragdolls aren't on HL2/Valve's skeleton(meaning no npcs :<<<<<<). Keep it going, you are a really good modeller.

21. Post #781
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    unless it doesn't like spaces in the addon name, it doesn't look there should be a problem there.

22. Post #782
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    I know this is slightly off the "OMG it don't wanna work" topic, but I've just watched some of the "Chaos Rising - ____ Betrayal" videos, and afterwards I thought it might be cool if someone makes a Black Legion skin for the loyal, non-chaos Space Marines...

23. Post #783
    January 2010
    2,265 Posts
    Yeah, I've seen them too. Looks badass.

24. Post #784
    March 2010
    1,024 Posts
    Someone can make a file with all the materials and models? because it's really annoying to download the files D:

25. Post #785
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Someone can make a file with all the materials and models? because it's really annoying to download the files D:
    You're doing it without TortoiseSVN, that's why.

26. Post #786
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    Bump this back up because its too good to lose!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #787
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,342 Posts
    I hate to bump, but is the Guard Stuff ever going to be released in an official pack? Or any of the other races?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    I hate to bump, but is the Guard Stuff ever going to be released in an official pack? Or any of the other races?
    Sigh, just use the SVN, you serial bumper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    June 2010
    176 Posts
    Bump where do I download the other models of these?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #790
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Bump where do I download the other models of these?
    CHRIST STOP BUMPING. In the SVN as mentioned earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #791
    November 2009
    62 Posts
    no necrons? oh well, i still likewhat I'm seeing so far.

32. Post #792
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    no necrons? oh well, i still likewhat I'm seeing so far.
    The necs were in Dark Crusade and Soulstorm, not DOW2, Chaos Rising, or Retribution.
    They might get included if Relic and THQ decide to make another expansion though.

Oh, and thanks for the pointless bump, and making me pointlessy bump.

33. Post #793
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    Danny Bilson posted:
    Retribution's going to ship in February, and then we start laying out Dawn of War III. You can probably expect it between 18 months and two years after that..
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...terview?page=3

So yes retribution was the last expansion. However it seems they are also working on some DLC stuff, as seen with the recent Dark Angels pack, and still plan to do some more addons/updates to Last Stand. Any way speaking of the Dark Angels pack I plan to try to find some time to rip those this weekend.

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,299 Posts
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...terview?page=3

So yes retribution was the last expansion. However it seems they are also working on some DLC stuff, as seen with the recent Dark Angels pack, and still plan to do some more addons/updates to Last Stand. Any way speaking of the Dark Angels pack I plan to try to find some time to rip those this weekend.
    What is this nonsense!? They're done with it that fast?

35. Post #795
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    What is this nonsense!? They're done with it that fast?
    It's a good thing, the company actually realizes that the two year old Essence 2.0 engine is done for. Unlike other companies that have been using the same engine over and over again for 8 years... yeah you know who I'm talking about...

36. Post #796
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    Sorry my pc died for a while and took me ages to find this thread again and im just wondering whats happend to this ?!?

37. Post #797
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,794 Posts
    It's a good thing, the company actually realizes that the two year old Essence 2.0 engine is done for. Unlike other companies that have been using the same engine over and over again for 8 years... yeah you know who I'm talking about...
    Well the difference between essence 1 and 2 aren't that massive to be honest. Also who knows if they will actually continue using the engine in future RTS projects - I would say that yes they will.

38. Post #798
    December 2010
    157 Posts
    Hmm, I was abscent for a long time. Loads of real life stuff to do. But since I'm back now maybe I'll get back to skinning stuff.

I'm not sure what's left for DOW II Retribution to port for GMOD.

39. Post #799
    April 2009
    551 Posts
    I'm not sure what's left for DOW II Retribution to port for GMOD.
    Captain Apollo Diomedes, Autarch Kayleth and the wierdboy.
    Hmm, that's mostly it I think! Correct me if I'm wrong though, can't remember what other units there was.

40. Post #800

February 2010
    1,570 Posts
    Captain Apollo Diomedes, Autarch Kayleth and the wierdboy.
    Hmm, that's mostly it I think! Correct me if I'm wrong though, can't remember what other units there was.
    Don't forget that big power axe.