1. Post #81
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    For the record if you do make the hellgun as a bodygroup, remember to separate it from the backpack. Which could be useable in itself as a functional bodygroup.
    Clearly you know what's up, I was thinking about doing that as well as making the body groups for the back packs to the Heavy Bolter and Plasma Cannon for the Space Marines.

Just another note as I am working on the Space Marines at this moment they are going to have a TON of combinations thanks to all the miscellaneous doodads from single player (purity seals, iron halo, etc). I think I already have about 1500 possible combinations (with body groups alone) and I've only ripped about half the content.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    oh man you guys are gods

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,497 Posts
    oh man you guys are gods
    Necro is doing most of the heavy lifting now, I showed him how to do some shit with compiling and whatnot, but in the end, I'm just going back to fix all the smooth groups, bake normals, and do physics. He discovered how to rip the models, and he's the one continuing to rip them.

4. Post #84
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    I just hit 7200 body group combos for the space marine. Here's the break down:

Heads:
    Generic Helmet
    Sargent Helmet
    Assault Helmet
    Assault Sargent Helmet
    Force Commander
    Avitus
    Thadius
    Tarkus
    Davian Thule
    Gabriel Angelos

Armor: (I don't understand the names, they are just variations: the commander one is the one with the golden shoulder pads)
    Common Armor
    Rare Armor
    Epic Armor
    Commander Armor

Back:
    Back Pack
    Assault Jump Pack
    Force Commander Back Pack
    Teleporter
    or Empty

Accessory1:
    Iron Halo
    Chapter Banner
    or Empty

Accessory2:
    5 variants of Purity Seals and random armor bits
    or Empty

Power Fist:
    Power Fist
    or Empty

EDIT:

:science: More fun math facts, with 7 texture groups thats 50,400 combinations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    :q:
    well
    i guess my GMod posing 40k wet dreams have come true thanks to a certain Relic and 2 FP members

Edited:

and bloocobalt but now his are insignificant

Edited:

and you actually getting things done in less than a year
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,916 Posts
    More fun math facts, with 7 texture groups thats 50,400 combinations.
    Actually there should be a bit more. Since most of the named items have their own texture albeit use the existing meshes. Mostly the case with weapons - though some armors as well.
    Would have to check the SGA's out myself.

Likewise the most bodygroups should be with the Orks, marines and CSM, eldar do have some but not a lot, and tyranids usually don't get much more beyond skinfamilies in higher tiers. Equipments is still a functional bodygroup.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,875 Posts
    I'd love to see some Space Marines/Chaos Marines.

Excellent work so far!

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,027 Posts
    I'd love to see some Space Marines/Chaos Marines.

Excellent work so far!
    This, oh so many times this!

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    space marines are still pussies

why did FP's font change what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,027 Posts
    space marines are still pussies

why did FP's font change what
    And you are still a fucktard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    u mad?
    i wasn't even talking about the models
    i was talking about space marines
    those red/blue/green/yellow fuckers

Edited:

and if you're talking about my comment on the font, why can't i have an opinion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,027 Posts
    u mad?

Edited:

and if you're talking about my comment on the font, why can't i have an opinion?
    My comment was on your comment on Space Marines. I don't see you kill demons in a ultra gory fashion. :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    November 2009
    10,219 Posts
    u mad?

Edited:

But but, space marines are kewl!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #94
    February 2009
    108 Posts
    My comment was on your comment on Space Marines. I don't see you kill demons in a ultra gory fashion. :colbert:
    But I see Death Korp killing demons in a ultra gory fashion. Artillery barrage from the DKK, you know when the fight's over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,027 Posts
    But I see Death Korp killing demons in a ultra gory fashion. Artillery barrage from the DKK, you know when the fight's over.
    Death Korp is fucking badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #96
    February 2009
    108 Posts
    Death Korp is fucking badass.
    Hell yeah, all that artillery, enough to outgun the rest of the Imperium (Figure of speech ofcourse)

They're so badass, they strapped two earthshakers together and made a minotaur. Double awesomeness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    i like to think bloos models make a sense of competition.
    makes things interesting
    relax dawg, srsly. kno' wat i'm sayin'?
    it'd really help if you said "yeah we're doing bodygroups" instead of bein like "ok lol default grey standard hurr durr 1 variant ya k?"

Edited:

and no if i was trolling you'd probably be raging more than you already are
    im just going to say can you please not talk about bloos on this ^^ if he releases them thats fine and dandy but id rather wait for these ones

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    space marines may be cool but they're fucking pussies compared to the guard.
    "yeah we have the equivalent of an abram's frontal armor"
    "yeah well we have flashlights and cardboard armor and we STILl kick ass"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    actualy gaurd mostly get owned and only win with VAST numbers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #100
    January 2010
    1,385 Posts
    1:am i correct in guessing that these will be rigged to the hl2 skeleton, made playermodels and maybe npcs? (possibly with custom animations for the space marines)?

2: am i wrong to suggest at least a few sweps?

3: if npcs are made they should
    a: have randomized body groups
    b: have npcs that fight in race mode (marines kill necrons) and organisation by colours( green chaos marines and orcs fight red chaos marines and eldar)

21. Post #101
    January 2010
    296 Posts
    Okie doke, just about done, obviously the size isn't final yet.

Oh my god, that is funny if some one get flipped by a wraithlord

22. Post #102
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Will you be adding in tactical dreadnought armour?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    actualy gaurd mostly get owned and only win with VAST numbers
    fuck off smurf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #104
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    fuck off smurf
    XD banned for trolling..ALL HAIL the Admins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    1:am i correct in guessing that these will be rigged to the hl2 skeleton, made playermodels and maybe npcs? (possibly with custom animations for the space marines)?

2: am i wrong to suggest at least a few sweps?

3: if npcs are made they should
    a: have randomized body groups
    b: have npcs that fight in race mode (marines kill necrons) and organisation by colours( green chaos marines and orcs fight red chaos marines and eldar)
    1: They are on custom skeletons, so no. Also, no way I'm doing custom animations.
    2: No you aren't wrong to suggest SWEPS, but I wont be making them.

Will you be adding in tactical dreadnought armour?
    Yes. Though I don't know when.

Updates on everything else:
    I started working on the texture groups and hit a big problem, with the amount of body groups I put on the model it increased the amount of materials required and apparently the model compiler will not allow me to create a model with more then 32 materials. So I will just be releasing each skin as a separate model, since it would probably take me a month to redo the UV maps onto one super map. (though after release I will gladly compile additional models for people that make really nice skins) The plan right now is to release the space marines, dreadnought and predator with 1 or 2 skins (in addition to the grey, most likely Blood Ravens and Dark Angels.) within a week.

26. Post #106
    November 2008
    32 Posts
    is it possible that you release the instruction or i'll PM you for the instruction on how to extract the dow2 models? I have no plans on releasing them, they are just for case studies uses. i.e. Game assets - Modeling.

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    239 Posts
    1 or 2 skins (in addition to the grey, most likely Blood Ravens and Dark Angels.)
    ULTRAMARINES!!!!!!!!!1111one

Nah, Blood Ravens and Dark Angels have pretty cool colors, keep going :).

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,397 Posts
    Will you be doing the custom armor sets from the campaign game?

Like those armors you can use on your squads.

29. Post #109
    April 2007
    311 Posts
    ULTRAMARINES!!!!!!!!!1111one

Nah, Blood Ravens and Dark Angels have pretty cool colors, keep going :).
    Ultramarines were going to/will be the third skin if I do a third.

Will you be doing the custom armor sets from the campaign game?

Like those armors you can use on your squads.
    Yes but not all of them because their are too many. Basically there are 4 main armor types then just a ton of extra doodads, widgets, and thingamajigs that go over it. I've ripped and added on about 1/3 of that extra stuff from the single player.

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,916 Posts
    is it possible that you release the instruction or i'll PM you for the instruction on how to extract the dow2 models? I have no plans on releasing them, they are just for case studies uses. i.e. Game assets - Modeling.
    Sgareader2 for unpacking the files.
    Fneep's importer|exporter to take a look at them.

You ought to be able to find both at relicnews.

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    XD banned for trolling..ALL HAIL the Admins
    I admit I was trolling EARLIER, but whats wrong with having an opinion?
    In my GENUINE OPINION, I feel that the Space Marines are cool, but compared to the guard, they are PUSSIES.
    Space Marines:
    Wear the equivalent of an Abrams tank's frontal armor
    Gun that shoots MINI-ROCKETS THAT EXPLODE
    Power Swords.
    IG:
    Cardboard armor
    Flashlights with mounted toothpicks.

Both win in the end, but who had the harder fight?
    Who sacrificed more?
    Mr.Walking Tank, or the ordinary man, drafted to fight for the Emperor?

Edited:

also xD xD so kawaaiiii ooo desu desu xD lol desu

Edited:

not to mention guard doesn't quite get their ass kicked.
    no one does in 40k, it's all balanced. no ones ass gets kicked, and no ones winning.
    and you spelled guard wrong

Edited:

whatever fuck it i'm gonna get banned again and i enjoy being a member of facepunch

Edited:

eh everyones entitled to their own opinion.
    i was forceful in saying the SM are pussies
    but you're even more forceful with
    "AND YOU'RE STILL A FUCKTARD"
    "STFU XD NOOB HAIL THE MODS"

Edited:

why wont i just shut up

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - Greeman))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #112
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Space marines are the best of the best of the best, compared to imperial guard who win through numbers. One Space Marine is equivalent to about a hundred ig. Although...that changes depending on chapter...1 ig is equiv to 30 dark angels...

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    Space marines are the best of the best of the best, compared to imperial guard who win through numbers. One Space Marine is equivalent to about a hundred ig. Although...that changes depending on chapter...1 ig is equiv to 30 dark angels...
    100000 IG = 1 reasonable marine

34. Post #114
    January 2010
    296 Posts
    Eldar (basically space elves) "Wraithlord" It's a mech in which their spirits inhabit, or something.
    A giant exoskeleton with the soulstone of a fallen eldar warrior, I think, thought I am an imperial guardsmen person

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,935 Posts
    A giant exoskeleton with the soulstone of a fallen eldar warrior, I think, thought I am an imperial guardsmen person
    human power, brother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,916 Posts
    Correct except for it being an endoskeleton. It's solid inside. (No need to be an outer skelet when you think about it as opposed to a dread or khan since there's no body in it)

37. Post #117
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    I admit I was trolling EARLIER, but whats wrong with having an opinion?
    In my GENUINE OPINION, I feel that the Space Marines are cool, but compared to the guard, they are PUSSIES.
    Space Marines:
    Wear the equivalent of an Abrams tank's frontal armor
    Gun that shoots MINI-ROCKETS THAT EXPLODE
    Power Swords.
    IG:
    Cardboard armor
    Flashlights with mounted toothpicks.

Both win in the end, but who had the harder fight?
    Who sacrificed more?
    Mr.Walking Tank, or the ordinary man, drafted to fight for the Emperor?

Edited:

also xD xD so kawaaiiii ooo desu desu xD lol desu

Edited:

not to mention guard doesn't quite get their ass kicked.
    no one does in 40k, it's all balanced. no ones ass gets kicked, and no ones winning.
    and you spelled guard wrong

Edited:

whatever fuck it i'm gonna get banned again and i enjoy being a member of facepunch

Edited:

eh everyones entitled to their own opinion.
    i was forceful in saying the SM are pussies
    but you're even more forceful with
    "AND YOU'RE STILL A FUCKTARD"
    "STFU XD NOOB HAIL THE MODS"

Edited:

why wont i just shut up
    well you are right with the guard spelling ^^ ty for correcting that and well fair enough on the space marine being pussies but space marines in the comics are mostly sent in to the hardest missions :P but thats comic books for you and well if you look at it this way Chaos are unstoppable they are only able to hold them back but sooner or later chaos will win :P but what do i know :D

anyways i didnt want to argue with you i just wanted to ask you to stop talking about bloos and thanks for the info :D

38. Post #118
    January 2010
    296 Posts
    Correct except for it being an endoskeleton. It's solid inside. (No need to be an outer skelet when you think about it as opposed to a dread or khan since there's no body in it)
    yea, I'm really not an eldar expert, so this might as well give me a B on info

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,875 Posts
    Space Marines are the super soldiers of the Imperium, they are the finest warriors the Imperium of Man has to offer, they are sent into the most hellish warzones that no mere guardsmen regiment can fight - they are the elite forces and protectors of humanity, Guardsmen are the backbone.

I'm a guardsmen player and fanatic, even I can admit Space Marines are far superior, read their fluff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #120
    June 2009
    4,053 Posts
    Will you make weapons to? Like the las-gun and bolter? Maybe chain-sword and power axe to? Also how long t'ill you release? Cause this will be so much fun to make w40k poses in g mod without those crappy low quality models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)