1. Post #1
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts

What time is it?

What IS Adventure Time?

Adventure Time is a not so new TV show on Cartoon Network. It features a 13 year-old boy Finn, and his magical dog/half brother Jake. The two of them fight evil, save princesses and explore the post apocalyptic world of Ooo, several thousand years after a nuclear was that devastated earth.

Seriously

CHARACTERS

Finn
    Finn is one of the two main protagonists of Adventure Time. He is a feisty little boy with a heart of gold, and only wants to do good in the world, even if that means kicking the shit out of giant monsters and villainous villains. He is very acrobatic and usually uses one of his swords to fight, if not his fists of justice.

Jake
    Jake is the second of the two main protagonists of the show. He is a magical dog that can stretch his body and shape shift. He is usually the voice of reason and advice for Finn, and although he usually means well, he can be somewhat lazy and selfish. Regardless, he fights for truth and justice loyally alongside Finn.

Princess Bubblegum
    Princess Bubblegum is the 13 year old physically and mentally, 18 year old genetically princess of the Candy Kingdom in Ooo. She is the main love interest of the story, and this has only become more prominent after her age change in the 2nd season finale. She is a nice sweet girl most of the time, but if angered, can be down right terrifying. Usually she can be seen getting saved, or forgiving Finn for messing something up.

The Ice King
    The Ice King former main antagonist of Adventure time. He is an evil old wizard who stole magic powers and stored them inside a crown, giving him the absolute control over all ice. He USED to constantly try to kidnap and marry Princess Bubblegum, causing Finn and Jake to battle him ALL THE TIME. But since the Princesses age change, and a heartfelt moment of redemption, he seems to be moving away from evil. Nevertheless, he is a creepy old man who kidnaps princesses and tries to marry them.

Marceline
    Marceline is one of Finn's best friends, and another main character on Adventure Time. While originally evil, she took an unexpected turn, and became a kind of anti-hero. While her intentions usually point towards evil, they always turn out harmless in the end. She used to be a human many thousands of years ago, but was turned into a vampire by unknown means. She is usually seen with Finn, causing some sort of chaos.

The Lich
    The baddest of the bad, The Lich is the main antagonist of adventure time. Previously beaten into amber by the legondary hero, BILLY, he escaped and began to destroy all of Ooo. He caused Princess Bubblegum to lose much of her body mass (while taking over her corpse and bringing it back to life) in an attempt to use the Princess as a way to regain his powers. He is eventually beaten by the combined efforts of Finn, Jake, and the Ice king, but is apparently still alive.

The Villains of Ooo
    (just a few notable ones)
    Marceline's Father, the Lord of Evil

The evil, immortal father of Marceline.
    Xergiok

The oppressive king of the goblins.
    Sir Slicer

Basically a huge doouche with nice armor.
    WHY SHOULD I CARE/SHOULD I WATCH THIS SHOW?
    Because it's probably the best cartoon show on Cartoon Network right now. it really reminds me of the old cartoon network and I'm sure it will do the same for you. It's a show about a post apocalyptic world and a boy who fights evil with his magic dog, why wouldn't you watch it?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny x 90Dumb x 27Winner x 11Optimistic x 3Informative x 3Disagree x 2Agree x 1Friendly x 1Useful x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,169 Posts
    The guy who does most of the art has a Twitter, he posts little doodles all the time.

http://twitter.com/buenothebear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    Ill have to check that out later, my school blocks twitter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny x 8Agree x 2Bad Spelling x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,959 Posts
    Finally a thread. Been waiting for this show for years, and it pretty much fulfills all my expectations.

Edited:

Hey I'll fix the OP typos and stuff for you since I'm so nice.

Edited:

http://pastebin.com/r6yLf529

Try that for a change. I also changed the image to a better quality one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,055 Posts
    I love kids shows with hidden adult jokes, so I'll probably check this out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 42 (list)

6. Post #6
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    uber update online
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    June 2008
    1,078 Posts
    It isn't new at all I watched it years ago, did they keep the same voice actors because I remember every now and again the dog would lapse into having Bender's voice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    September 2007
    686 Posts
    It isn't new at all I watched it years ago, did they keep the same voice actors because I remember every now and again the dog would lapse into having Bender's voice
    It was a short on Nick, recently got picked up by Cartoon Network.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

January 2010
    286 Posts
    As far as i know wasn't there an episode of this BEFORE it came to Cartoon Network?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Croatia Show Events Late Late x 8Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,394 Posts
    Sexy is used a lot in this show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    354 Posts
    Dude this one part was hilarious, but I forgot what happened. It had sexy in it haha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Sometimes i fall down :(
    July 2008
    3,195 Posts
    As far as i know wasn't there an episode of this BEFORE it came to Cartoon Network?
    more like a short made a couple years ago.
    I for one look forward to this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    February 2010
    5,925 Posts
    Jake's played by John Di Maggio; same guy who did Bender in Futurama if you couldn't tell right away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,795 Posts
    I caught the Bender voice actor. Sounded so alike.

Show is hilarious, didn't think it would be that great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,700 Posts
    The pilot was a lot better in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    The pilot was a lot better in my opinion.
    *smack*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

June 2009
    237 Posts
    This thread is Lumping Righteous!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    7,239 Posts
    This show is pretty mathematical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Wingless is awesome. Also, View my site
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    The dog is just fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,275 Posts
    This show is pretty mathematical.
    Rhombus!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,860 Posts
    algebraic!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2009
    860 Posts
    Jake and Finn.

Its Finn and Jake dammit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,275 Posts
    Jake and Finn.

Its Finn and Jake dammit
    First thing i thought

24. Post #24
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    Jake and Finn.

Its Finn and Jake dammit
    realised that too late. Oh well

UBER UPDATE ONLINE

25. Post #25
    August 2009
    6,171 Posts
    The crystal guardian is a huge man, made of of crystal. It has the ability to perfectly mimic Finn and Jake's movements and attacks wich provides for an interesting fight. It is eventually defeated by simply ceasing to fight, and using the Gaurdian to their own advantage.

this has TOTALLY never been done before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,959 Posts
    They're in the land of Ooo dude, the show only takes place in the Candy Kingdom occasionally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    Its a cartoon show on cartoon network calm down

Edited:

They're in the land of Ooo dude, the show only takes place in the Candy Kingdom occasionally.
    i said that
    BAD READING, AWAAAAY!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    ?
    January 2006
    5,161 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Tree Trunks in the Zombie episode as well, but only for a moment? I think Finn told her to get her hot buns in the mansion, and she was carrying a basket of warm bread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    July 2009
    5,753 Posts
    I don't remember seeing it anywhere else, what else is it in?

30. Post #30
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Tree Trunks in the Zombie episode as well, but only for a moment? I think Finn told her to get her hot buns in the mansion, and she was carrying a basket of warm bread.
    Hmm maybe? But that may have just been some candy person that resembled tree trunks. I will ahve to watch that episode again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,491 Posts
    I'm not usually a cartoon person but I do like this.

32. Post #32
    August 2009
    6,171 Posts
    I don't remember seeing it anywhere else, what else is it in?
    samurai jack, final fantasy

33. Post #33
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    samurai jack, final fantasy
    :downsbravo:
    its different, trust me just watch the episode

34. Post #34
    fnj
    October 2009
    600 Posts
    This and Flapjack are the only things I watch from Cartoon network.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,515 Posts
    This show is trippy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,959 Posts

Finn
    Finn is a young, 12 year old adventurer, a would-be knight and protector of the Candy Kingdom. He is a very experienced fighter with a sword (he even beat the crap out a wizard once!).
    Bah, misread that bit.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,795 Posts
    I didn't understand the ending to that crystal apple episode. Can someone elaborate...?

38. Post #38
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,665 Posts
    I heard about it. From the looks of it, it sounds as if Cartoon Network is getting back it's shit together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2010
    662 Posts
    Ice King can fight with his beard, and fly with it.

Damn!

40. Post #40
    ?
    January 2006
    5,161 Posts
    Hmm maybe? But that may have just been some candy person that resembled tree trunks. I will ahve to watch that episode again.
    I think that episode is still up on Cartoon Network's website. I'll check in a little bit to see if it is Tree Trunks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)