1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,017 Posts
    I'll try the demo out, but this game really doesn't look like it's worth both forty bucks and a monthly subscription.
    It's not like you have to get one, the PvP and PvE parts of the game are just fine for me.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,438 Posts
    To be honest, the PVE is terrible. There is no strategy involved whatsoever other than having designated healers.

3. Post #83
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,287 Posts
    Well, I have it a shot. Played for a few hours and was underwhelmed. It's unique and interesting, but decidedly not worth forty bucks, and especially not worth a monthly subscription.

I can see how the game may have charm for some, but it really doesn't do much for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    April 2008
    1,582 Posts
    Add me to the player list? Robosmores is my name in-game

5. Post #85
    October 2009
    5,242 Posts
    Is the new patch out yet?

6. Post #86
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    Not yet. The patch has been split into 4 parts, so they don't mess up the whole thing. But new weapons are expected sometime by the end of this week.

7. Post #87
    April 2008
    1,582 Posts
    Is there like a dye calculator kind of thing where I can check what the dyes look like on armor before I buy them? Other than right clicking the icons in-game, because I want to mix and match my dyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    Is there like a dye calculator kind of thing where I can check what the dyes look like on armor before I buy them? Other than right clicking the icons in-game, because I want to mix and match my dyes.
    Uh. Well you can preview more than one dye at a time. So I don't really see the need for a dye calculator. Lol

9. Post #89
    April 2008
    1,582 Posts
    Oh, you can? I didn't know that...

Edited:

How exactly?

10. Post #90
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    Ah! Derp. Check me bad reading. D: *Without buying them* >.< Lmao. Good idea on the calculator though. I guess itd just be hard putting all the colors together for each tier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Sorry for not being around much guys, I'll have to sort through this thread and update it a bit. But, we're getting Phase I (of IV) of Sandstorm by the end of this weekend (if all goes well over at HiRez). I'd expect it anywhere from Friday to Sunday. Phase I (for those of you that don't know) includes the new set of weapons, as well as armor and weapon stats. Sounds good to me. I'll update the list of players soon, and hopefully we pick more up with the Sandstorm release!

Also, FP agency will formally open when Sandstorm goes live on public.

Oh, and what level are most of you guys, because if we're around the same, we could do some fun questing or Warzones.

12. Post #92
    April 2008
    1,582 Posts
    I'm 15-17 range with my Medic, Recon, and Robo.

Is Conquest really going to be 10 bucks? I don't think it really seems worth that much...?

13. Post #93
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,933 Posts
    I guess I can hop on when 1.3 goes live add me to the list, same name for GA

14. Post #94
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    Oh, and what level are most of you guys, because if we're around the same, we could do some fun questing or Warzones.
    Hm. Well, my Assault is lvl 39. Recon, Medic, and Robo all range from 15-17. Working on getting them up to 30. Hehe.

I'm 15-17 range with my Medic, Recon, and Robo.

Is Conquest really going to be 10 bucks? I don't think it really seems worth that much...?
    Meh. Yeah, 10$ a month, but I'd give it a try. I pre-subbed a couple days ago. I say we should at least try it out for a month first before getting too skeptical about paying.

15. Post #95
    August 2009
    1,025 Posts
    Is this game worth it? I'm Thinking into buying it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    If you haven't tried out the free trial, I really recommend you do. it's a great game, and with all the new features coming out this month i think it'd definitely be worth it. All it took to convince me was a couple youtube vids. Lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Don't try the trial just yet. The game is undergoing a major change soon, some that effects everything. In its current state, the game in its basic form is a third-person TF2. Just wait until patch 1.3 is deployed, and you'll have a blast with the trial.

Also guys, I'll be on PTS this weekend with 1.3, so feel free to join up with me and kick some ass and try out the new features.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,888 Posts
    How hardware intense is this?
    I've got a shitty rig, but I have to say this sounds interesting

19. Post #99
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    How hardware intense is this?
    I've got a shitty rig, but I have to say this sounds interesting
    It's running on the Unreal engine, so it's pretty demanding. if you have a low-end computer you're gonna have some problems. System requirements can be found here: http://www.globalagendagame.com/TheGame_SysReq.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Patch 1.3(A) has been released to the PTS (Public Test Server) today. I haven't played it yet, and won't be able to until later tomorrow night, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks fantastic. Revamped UI and new weapons look pretty sweet, and the shops are all opened. You guys will enjoy this patch.

Picture archives:

http://www.wegame.com/users/jakegadg...enshots/page1/

http://img130.imageshack.us/gal.php?...shot00000x.png

Warzones/Openzone (whichever that is, I can't tell) looks pretty sweet, too.

21. Post #101
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    Holy crap that looks amazing.
    New UI interface looks really polished. I didn't see any in-game pics of any war zones or such. Though there was some PvE screenshots in there.
    Warzones aren't supposed to be released until Phase III.

22. Post #102
    eXistys
    I am downloading the trial at the moment, the Alliance VS Alliance video convinced me in the OP. Is there anything i should know/do when i start playing?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2006
    718 Posts
    Looked impressive at first, but after the demo I realized it isn't really.
    It's pretty much an expensive MMO that should be free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    eXistys
    Oh god, i got completely addicted to this game. I love it.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Well, the game can only get better from here on out, because what the trial is right now is barebones combat, I'll record some 1.3 PTS footage later tonight for a brief preview of what's to come to for those on the fence.

26. Post #106
    eXistys
    Please do, i am currently reccomending it to a friend, hopefully he will join me to make it twice the fun.

27. Post #107
    March 2006
    58 Posts
    Patch 1.3(A) has been released to the PTS (Public Test Server) today. I haven't played it yet, and won't be able to until later tomorrow night, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks fantastic. Revamped UI and new weapons look pretty sweet, and the shops are all opened. You guys will enjoy this patch.

Picture archives:

http://www.wegame.com/users/jakegadg...enshots/page1/

http://img130.imageshack.us/gal.php?...shot00000x.png

Warzones/Openzone (whichever that is, I can't tell) looks pretty sweet, too.

How do I access any of this in-game right now??

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    How do I access any of this in-game right now??
    In Steam, go to your "Tools" tab, and find the Global Agenda Test Server tool. Download it, log in with your usual ID, and you'll be testing patch 1.3(A) with us soon enough!

As a forewarning, however, the tool package is huge.

29. Post #109
    eXistys
    Could it be that i can't download the tool because i have the trial version? i can't find it in the Tools section.

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Could it be that i can't download the tool because i have the trial version? i can't find it in the Tools section.
    Yeah, if you're on the trial then you can't access the PTS. It's just because you don't officially own the game, therefore you can't get all the features.

Also guys, trying out 1.3(A) now, I'll rate/review it.

Edited:

Well, with barely anyone on PTS it's hard to see some of the changed features (especially so when PTS doesn't have saved characters added over from Live.) I've seen that they polished up the UI A LOT. It looks really fancy and well done now. As for combat, it still feels the same, but I only got into one PvE match, which will hopefully be better with the release of the Zones. I haven't gotten to play with any of the new weapons, due to PTS not having my level 33 Robotics saved over. (I don't know why this is, but I'll cope for now.) But, I did get a chance to look at the new drop system, where bosses drop weapons/devices, and it's fancy. I got a Force Wall drop from the boss I fought. Aside from that, XP is given based on single enemies, so you don't need to complete the full mission to get XP. It balances out quite nicely. As for Dome City, they've redone the transport area, it's just a bit larger with a corridor. Then they have shops specific to each class with basic, advanced, and mercenary weaponry. It's pretty cool. I'd list off the new weapons with stats and stuff, but I'm too tired to do so right now.

31. Post #111
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    Correct me If I'm wrong, but they've always given out XP based on how many enemies you kill, regardless of whether or not you won. Lol It's in your mission stats at the end of the mission.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    eXistys
    Oh god, i want that patch to come out. And i think you get experience per enemy, but before 1.3 you still had to complete the mission, with 1.3 you can quit and still get the experience. Correct me if i wrong, or misread it.

Edited:

I'll record some 1.3 PTS footage later tonight for a brief preview of what's to come to for those on the fence.
    Are we getting the footage from you or just the review?

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Oh god, i want that patch to come out. And i think you get experience per enemy, but before 1.3 you still had to complete the mission, with 1.3 you can quit and still get the experience. Correct me if i wrong, or misread it.

Edited:

Are we getting the footage from you or just the review?
    I was actually just about to hop on and get some screenshots and some footage of the new areas in Dome City. Was way too overtired from last night to accomplish anything, and I've been sort of sleeping it off today.

34. Post #114
    April 2009
    168 Posts

WTF New model for inferno cannon for level 30.

35. Post #115
    eXistys
    I was actually just about to hop on and get some screenshots and some footage of the new areas in Dome City. Was way too overtired from last night to accomplish anything, and I've been sort of sleeping it off today.
    No need to hurry, just saying if you forgot. I would love to see some videos about 1.3.

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Screenshots I've got of some of the new stuff. As Agenda and I have noticed, the weapons seem to get fucking huge when you get them from the "Mercenary" stand. I'm not sure what effects these new weapon forms have, as no one is at level 30 yet. They're just so huge. I've gathered up screens of all the Robotic variant (Merc) Generation I weapons, as well as the new weapons (that have models, as opposed to a view of an in-hand device.)

Apparently media doesn't work for images, so I hope you don't mind these taking up part of the page. I'll post some video once I find a recorder that actually works. xFire doesn't detect the PTS client .exe (lol) and I can't be arsed to buy FRAPS full, so I get stuck with 30 seconds per recording. I think WeGame will work nicely.

37. Post #117
    eXistys
    can't you [img_thumb] them? just to make sure you don't get banned.

Edited:

And could you post the weapons for Recon?

38. Post #118
    July 2009
    199 Posts
    Lol @ oversized weapons. Maybe it's for boosted stats or something? I know the dropped versions of our original ones are supposed to have increased stats.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,328 Posts
    Nice avatar, OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    eXistys
    You just both found the same avatar on google images or something. No big deal. People stole my avatar too.

On-topic: how does the drop system work? And distributing the items?