1. Post #2681
    December 2006
    2,910 Posts
    It's Barrens chat 2.0.
    Wow that's so harsh
    Poor barrens chat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2682
    December 2009
    8,356 Posts
    After everyone telling me not to go Recon, why? Anyway, I think I'm gonna roll with Assault. Is there any tips for that class? And can I have multiple characters so I can try other classes?

3. Post #2683
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,634 Posts
    Unfortunately F2P.
    whats wrong with F2P? from what they say, items you can buy in the store that effect the game can also be found by doing missions.

i wouldnt be surprised at all if they did premium cosmetics in the pay shop though...

4. Post #2684
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    whats wrong with F2P?
    Everything. It completely fucks up lower brackets since all "free agent" get in there with their fucking meleecons/poison medics and derp around without doing anything useful.
    At least they're isolated in pre-30 bracket for now but as soon as many of them will start leveling up above 30+, the shit will go down.
    Especially since Hi-Rez buffed all the most useless and retarded things in the game.

Edited:

Global Agenda has been MY game ever since the release. I used to know all the little things. I was successfully leading Strike Forces for one of the top 10 EU agencies.
    Now I don't even understand the flow of a match.
    Pre-1.4 it was all about relationships between Assault/Medic pairs and Robotics nests, with occasional support of tech and Recons.
    Right now a single poison medic can negate all the healing from hardworking Healer, Meleecons are doing as much damage as good Snipercons and Run'n'Gun Assaults are completely butchered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2685
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Hey, I am playing a healer medic and I am a free agent :colbert:

6. Post #2686
    August 2010
    761 Posts
    Everything. It completely fucks up lower brackets since all "free agent" get in there with their fucking meleecons/poison medics and derp around without doing anything useful.
    At least they're isolated in pre-30 bracket for now but as soon as many of them will start leveling up above 30+, the shit will go down.
    Especially since Hi-Rez buffed all the most useless and retarded things in the game.

Edited:

Global Agenda has been MY game ever since the release. I used to know all the little things. I was successfully leading Strike Forces for one of the top 10 EU agencies.
    Pre-1.4 it was all about relationships between Assault/Medic pairs and Robotics nests, with occasional support of tech and Recons.
    Right now a single poison medic can negate all the healing from hardworking Healer, Meleecons are doing as much damage as good Snipercons and Run'n'Gun Assaults are completely butchered.
    As much as I feel you, the game was exactly like that at release/beta where no one knew what to do and nothing was super concrete like it was. Yes, it's kind of annoying right now because there's a bunch of new players, but without new players, the game will die. Give it a month or two and those new players won't be new anymore, and might be decent! Or pretty good if they get all the way up to 30 with the halved rates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #2687
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    As much as I feel you, the game was exactly like that at release/beta where no one knew what to do and nothing was super concrete like it was. Yes, it's kind of annoying right now because there's a bunch of new players, but without new players, the game will die. Give it a month or two and those new players won't be new anymore, and might be decent! Or pretty good if they get all the way up to 30 with the halved rates.
    You might be correct, I guess that in a month or two things will settle down.

I'm still annoyed at how they rebalanced the game towards less teamwork and more "derp".

8. Post #2688
    December 2009
    8,356 Posts
    Yeah give me a chance guys :saddowns:

9. Post #2689
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,718 Posts

Edited:

Well aren't you newbie friendly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #2690
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Jack Trades is an angry person who is very protective of his video game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2691

March 2011
    393 Posts
    Woo :buddy:

Edited:

Wait, are Free-players aloud to participate in war-zones and all other features? (I know elites get more advantages or something)

Yeah, they're allowed.
    You don't get loot. You'll never get equipment. Unless someone gives them to you. Or you could work REALLY hard, and try to get them from NPCs. It goes something like, a month for a piece of equipment.

I don't even know if you can recieve mail, which is basically the trade system.

Should I use the personal turret, autocannon, or rocket turret?
    The personal turret can fire at a large radius, though the damage gap with the other turrets is pretty large, and it's not that durable.

12. Post #2692
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,909 Posts
    Unfortunately F2P.
    Why unfortunately?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #2693
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Why unfortunately?
    Edited:

Also that was a bit harsh, I admit.
    Basically I don't like GA going F2P because:
    1. It fucks up the community since any griefer-nolifer can register as many accounts as possible and there are few taking the game seriously. (post-30 bracket fixes that for higher level characters).
    2. Recons are well known for being the worst players in the game. It's also the most popular class. F2P means that there will be even more bad Recons. Again, it's partially fixed with post-30 brackets.

14. Post #2694
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Honestly I am about to play recon because I can't win as any other class.
    When I am assault I die alone on points and never get heals, I spam enemy robotic nests with explosives and don't destroy anything.
    When I am medic no one I heal seems to have any situational awareness or aim at all.
    I could try robotics, or I could go recon, who doesn't have to rely on teammates at all. Would be a nice change of pace from having to rely on retards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #2695
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I could go recon, who doesn't have to rely on teammates at all. Would be a nice change of pace from having to rely on retards.
    I won't say that you playing Recon will make your teams win less, because there will be 3 Recons in that team either way, no matter if one of them is you or not.
    Just going to say that if you are going to play Recon, play it properly.
    1. Don't go ReRe (RetardRecon - Meleecon)
    2. Don't go Bombercon, bombs are super easily dodged and a decent robo will easily outrepair them. Also it will make you totally useless while you wait for your cooldown.
    3. If you're using Ballista, prioritize mechanical targets over other players. There's nothing worse than 2 Recons failing at sniping each other and doing fuck all for the team.
    4. Get Scorpia as soon as you can and target Medics and Assaults with it, Scorpia is the most annoying thing for a Medic, it will make them unable to heal themselves or their Assaults properly, they both will die really quickly.

I've got some more tips but they're for lvl 30+ only, remember Objective Points > Damage/Kills

16. Post #2696
    March 2010
    1,354 Posts
    Honestly I am about to play recon because I can't win as any other class.
    When I am assault I die alone on points and never get heals, I spam enemy robotic nests with explosives and don't destroy anything.
    When I am medic no one I heal seems to have any situational awareness or aim at all.
    I could try robotics, or I could go recon, who doesn't have to rely on teammates at all. Would be a nice change of pace from having to rely on retards.
    Well you won't have to rely on retards when you're level 30+.

17. Post #2697
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Leveling is painfully slow though, was fine until I finished the desert quests. Now I get 500 XP per match and need 8000 to level up.

18. Post #2698

March 2011
    393 Posts
    Free agents don't get equipment.
    :colbert:

19. Post #2699
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Free agents don't get equipment.
    :colbert:
    And?

20. Post #2700
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    To be honest they do a terrible job of trying to get me to buy Elite Agent. 90% of my rewards are green items with 4% healing and shit like that. Saw a purple regen once though.

21. Post #2701
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    To be honest they do a terrible job of trying to get me to buy Elite Agent. 90% of my rewards are green items with 4% healing and shit like that. Saw a purple regen once though.
    you know the loot scales with levels right?

22. Post #2702
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    I'd be more interested in the double xp/credits you get from being elite agent.

23. Post #2703
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,634 Posts
    I'd be more interested in the double xp/credits you get from being elite agent.
    thats what i like most about elite agent. i usually sell the stuff i get from won merc missions. i dont really notice a 3% extra damage addition or 1% less energy cost for jetpacks. i would rather have the at least 1000 extra credits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2704
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    When something good drops it'll be already too late.
    Also you get better loot in other gamemodes (like Raid or UMax).

25. Post #2705
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,179 Posts
    i re-installed this a few days ago and i was partly surprised. the community seems to know what to do now in PvP and PvE.

however, leveling is still really slow, there are like 10 different weapons and very little replayability in the end.

oh well, started an agency with some of my friends.

26. Post #2706

March 2011
    393 Posts
    TBH:

After a while, it turned out to be a generic FPS game with classes.
    I have no idea why it lost its appeal to me all of a sudden, maybe it's because of the really small variety of stuff to pick from.

27. Post #2707
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Maybe it's because of the really small variety of stuff to pick from.
    No not really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2708
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    I had a dream about Global Agenda :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

29. Post #2709
    March 2010
    1,354 Posts
    I had a dream about Global Agenda :ohdear:
    Oh goodie, looks like I'm not the only one.

30. Post #2710
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I had a dream about Global Agenda.
    Someone executed mass genocide on all Recons.
    That was nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #2711
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    I was in one of those mechsuits fucking everything up.

32. Post #2712
    March 2010
    1,354 Posts
    Mine was part Star Wars part global agenda. I had a AT Walker fucking up DOME CITY :D.

33. Post #2713
    October 2009
    1,848 Posts
    When I started the game, I was so pissed that you have to join the rebels... when that agent guy said "you were to be an asset to us, but it's to late now," I was like OH GOD PLEASE NO JUST LET ME JOIN YOU!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #2714
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    May 2009
    697 Posts
    Wow nobody knows how to play a Dome Defence Raid mission.

The best way is to get one assault to sit in a specific place and tank all the damage from the boss with a medic, while everyone else kills the adds.

Pass it on

35. Post #2715
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I'm really disappointed in GA 1.4, it was an awesome Tactical TPSMMO and now it's fucking Call of Agenda.

Edited:

I guess that mindless derping around the map without any strategy is more popular than using the fucking brain and that's the reason they made it so.

Now all my hopes are in Tribes Universe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2716
    December 2006
    2,910 Posts
    As much as I hate to say it I totally agree, I got this game last year at around August and since then teamwork and tactics have gone completley down the drain.
    At this point even in the post 30 bracket where you'd think every would understand their purpose no one actually co operates, recons and assaults would rather get some easy kills than clear a robo nest that pins down the team and medics aren't helpful in the slightest they can't even properly kill with poisons and even healers will abandon a guy about to die just to get a quick kill that the person ignored.

Edited:

It's still really fun don't get me wrong but it's no where near as good as it was when I started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2717
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Tactics and teamwork haven't existed since the beta :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2718
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Game was best in alpha imo.

39. Post #2719
    I can resist everything except temptation
    January 2008
    3,663 Posts
    Hows the game these days?

Haven't played in ages.

40. Post #2720
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Hows the game these days?

Haven't played in ages.
    This is my personal opinion but,
    I'm really disappointed in GA 1.4, it was an awesome Tactical TPSMMO and now it's fucking Call of Agenda.

Edited:

I guess that mindless derping around the map without any strategy is more popular than using the fucking brain and that's the reason they made it so.

Now all my hopes are in Tribes Universe.