1. Post #1
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    PlayX is a server-side and single player media player for Gmod that can play YouTube, Livestream, Shoutcast, MP3s, images, justin.tv, Hulu when the stars are aligned, and more! Bring all your friends together and hold a video night! Don't worry if a friend arrives late -- your friend will start the video where everyone else is (if it's a YouTube video).

Only administrators and super administrators can utilize PlayX.

What's New in 2.5?

[list][*]Uses a material rather than 3D2D for better stability.[*]More models for screens added.[*]New radio models show a on-HUD display with the song name and play progress when used.[*]New PlayX repeater entity allows you to repeat the screen on more TVs and screens![*]Crash protection detects if you crashed last time so that it disables PlayX automatically. (This is mostly for a handful of people who crash 100% of the time. Some of these people also crash in the Steam overlay too.)[*]Low framerate mode is back![/list]

[list][*]Latest stable version: http://playx.googlecode.com/svn/bran...-stable/PlayX/ (may jump major versions)[*]Latest beta version: http://playx.googlecode.com/svn/bran...st-beta/PlayX/ (may jump major versions)[*]Latest 2.x version: http://playx.googlecode.com/svn/bran...-stable/PlayX/[/list]
    If you interested in the developmental versions of PlayX, you can find those here:
    http://github.com/sk89q/playx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful x 14Lua King x 8Winner x 5Agree x 5Friendly x 2Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2009
    1,261 Posts
    Looks good, The volume slider, can it change the volume of youtube players?

It's one thing that annoyed me about youtube player.

4. Post #4
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Yes. Instantly as well, if you have gm_chrome installed.

5. Post #5
    April 2010
    587 Posts
    Neat! Downloading now.

6. Post #6
    March 2010
    75 Posts
    How about a voting system? :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    December 2009
    6 Posts
    is there any playx console command to give you admin without it detecting you? because it isnt detecting me as an admin/server owner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    @Fagget: Maybe.

Are you admin but not super admin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2010
    581 Posts
    Is the sound global or can you make a convar to make it local.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Japan Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    It's global right now. Maybe in the future it will be local.

11. Post #11
    April 2010
    581 Posts
    :[ was gonna use it

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    6 Posts
    how do i add a providor for multiplayer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    There is no command. If you are an admin, you should have access.

Do you happen to be a super admin but not an admin for some reason?

14. Post #14
    December 2009
    6 Posts
    There is no command. If you are an admin, you should have access.

Do you happen to be a super admin but not an admin for some reason?
    no, it just doesnt allow no one to use the player, i just want to know how to add a providor so i can use it in my multiplayer dedicated server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Try putting this into a file at lua/autorun/server/playx_auth.lua:

Code:
    function PlayXIsPermittedHook(ply)
        return ply:IsSuperAdmin() or ply:IsAdmin()
    end

16. Post #16
    December 2009
    6 Posts
    Thanks! i will hope it works now, many thanks lol

Edited:

Sorry for double posting or spam posting but can you make a console command like playx_add_providor playername (example: playx_add_providor garrythemod) ?

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Providers are not related to access. They are things like YouTube and Vimeo.

It would appear that super admins on your server are not admins, for some reason.

If you want to control access, then you should use some other access control system and get PlayX integrated somehow. For example, if you were using ULX, I believe that this code would integrate PlayX into ULX is:
    Code:
    ULib.ucl.registerAccess("playx", ULib.ACCESS_SUPERADMIN, "Allows users to control PlayX")

function PlayXIsPermittedHook(ply)
        return ULib.ucl.query(ply, "playx", false)
    end

18. Post #18
    April 2010
    32 Posts
    Win
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    May 2009
    1,064 Posts
    could you provide us with some more detailed instructions on how to go about setting up an external JW player? assuming you already have webspace.

i have uploaded and linked the player.sfw and all i get is a white screen.

never mind. it just needed http://www in the beginning. although, you could use a tad bit better documentation on the process of installing.

20. Post #20
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    I host the JW player somewhere and embedded that URL in PlayX, so you should not have needed to do that, unless the arrangement changed over last night.

21. Post #21

November 2009
    1 Posts
    When I try to play any video, it does nothing.

22. Post #22
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    No white screen?

Do you have gm_chrome installed?

Have you tried it without the JW player?

What video have you tried?

23. Post #23
    December 2009
    365 Posts
    This is awesome!

24. Post #24
    December 2007
    74 Posts
    This may sound noob-ish but it would be great if it could stream live web cam footage.

25. Post #25
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    You should use Livestream.com (or justin.tv, etc.) for that.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,589 Posts
    This is very good. Thanks!

27. Post #27

March 2009
    7 Posts
    need help....it says i don't have the models (except for the camera). i looked at you FAQ, but it only says i don't have the 'sources'.
    where can i get these then!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    need help....it says i don't have the models (except for the camera). i looked at you FAQ, but it only says i don't have the 'sources'.
    where can i get these then!?
    The other models are from Counterstrike: Source (CS:S the game).

I released a minor patch for 2.0->2.0.2 that fixes three minor issues (DS_BEGIN_NO_PLAYER error, being super-admin but not admin, and cvar replication not working, resulting in a white screen). Download this and overwrite the existing PlayX files:

http://github.com/downloads/sk89q/pl...2-from-2.0.zip

29. Post #29

May 2010
    4 Posts
    This doesn't work for me, and I'm not quite sure why. I'm using Google Chrome, I past a link into the URI box, and it's shows as an X in the corner.

It also does this with any of the bookmarks you made.

This is what I used to test, if it helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZcCnC_n4k

30. Post #30
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Try downloading Flash Player for "other browsers." Have you tried it without gm_chrome (for sake of troubleshooting)?

31. Post #31

May 2010
    4 Posts
    Got no idea what that is, bro. Pretty new to this, but I'll search around for it

It could be trying to use my unupdated IE.. 3, probably. Let me update that and see if it works then

32. Post #32
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ and you will be able to download Flash Player for "other browsers."

33. Post #33

May 2010
    4 Posts
    I didn't mean Flash. If you don't know what that is, you're damned retarded. Gm_chrome is apperantly a browser for Gmod though, not really all that interested in it. I'll save that for last resort. For now, I'm going to update IE3 to IE8, install the flash and see where that gets me.

Also, great support, bro. Most don't give a rats ass whether their clients get their mods running or not.

EDIT:Well. That was unfortunate. I updated Flash and IE, but now when I attempt to use the Playx it's going 'LOLnocrashtime.' Gonna fiddle with it some more, might past the error code for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Even if you do fix the crash, you should try gm_chrome. It is much better, and provides for some additional minor features in PlayX.

35. Post #35
    July 2005
    13 Posts
    Why does this not have a million replies? Well done sk89q.

36. Post #36
    July 2006
    88 Posts
    This is wire compatable? And could you go little more with the options like could u add a monitor like pc mod or something so you can drag mouse on screen and type ect? But overall I LOVE IT!

37. Post #37
    February 2009
    298 Posts
    Every time I press open media i get this error

playx/client/playx.lua:610: attempt to call field 'GetBookmarkByKeyword' (a nil value)

and i'm sure there were some other errors during server setup and such, doesn't work for me.

Additionally, if I press check for updates and download the 2.2 version, it doesn't work for me at all what so ever.

This is on my dedicated server btw, I have installed gm_chrome and installed it correctly.

The old version 1 still works for me though...think i'll use that until I find out the problem or its fixed.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,194 Posts
    Is there a chance of this getting wire INPUTS? I made a little E2 script that allowed players to nominate a video, voteskip, stuff like that, and it worked just fine in single-player, but when I actually try to use it on the server, I get the dreaded FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE error. I'd really love to automate this, and wire inputs would be just great.

39. Post #39

March 2009
    7 Posts
    Ah, from CS:S
    ..Damn..

40. Post #40
    February 2009
    298 Posts
    Wait, does the dedicated server also have to have gm_chrome installed? and if so I would have to do it manually and not through the installation easy method right?

Never mind, still doesn't work.

I also get this

Couldn't include file 'playx/client/bookmarks.lua' (File not found)

as well as the usual

playx/client/playx.lua:610: attempt to call field 'GetBookmarkByKeyword' (a nil value)

if I press open media or anything. Has this even got support for dedicated servers?