1. Post #81
    May 2010
    15 Posts
    lol wow my server is retarded it instaled and worked for me but no one else and then it crashes randomly and then it suddenly works -.- srry for the trouble

2. Post #82

May 2009
    280 Posts
    I just installed PlayX today, and tryed testing it out. It crashes me right when the video starts, but not while the video is loading. I tryed both the zip, and installer of gm_chrome, and i'm positive they both were in the right place. I've got flash installed for IE, and other browsers. I even tryed updating my java. Any ideas?

3. Post #83
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    So it crashes for you regardless if you are using gm_chrome or not?

4. Post #84

May 2009
    280 Posts
    Yep, i tried disabling gm_chrome, then JW Player, still not working.

5. Post #85
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Try both viewing an image and loading a webpage (that does not contain Flash) in PlayX, with and without gm_chrome.

6. Post #86

May 2009
    280 Posts
    Try both viewing an image and loading a webpage (that does not contain Flash) in PlayX, with and without gm_chrome.
    Both ran fine with GM_Chrome, i'll try without right now.
    And they both ran fine without GM_Chrome.

7. Post #87
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Well, you could try uninstalling Flash completely and reinstalling it. As another test, you could also try to play a Windows Media Player video in PlayX to see if it's plugins in general causing the crashes.

8. Post #88

May 2009
    280 Posts
    I tryed the flash uninstaller, and that only seemed to work for I.E, and so i re-installed the flash for i.e. and other browsers, stills crashing. For Windows Media Player i don't have a file for one, but am getting it now. Also, what do you mean by plugins?

9. Post #89
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Browser plugins extend the browser with features. Flash Player allows you to play Flash files in your browser, the Acrobat plugin allows you to view PDFs in your browser, etc.

Try loading both of these pages in PlayX:
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/testpages/wmp9.html
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/testpages/wmp11.html

I don't know if the video will be high enough to fit within the PlayX screen, but it's worth a try. Tell me if you see a black video box (below "...accompanied by a burning sound."), nothing, or it crashes for both.

Also, what version of Internet Explorer do you have?

10. Post #90
    March 2009
    135 Posts
    I keep getting this error if I try to play a video with gm_chrome enabled:

Code:
    addons\playx\lua\playx\playx.lua:289: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'length' (a nil value)
    I've tried removing all of my addons and I still get the same error. It works if I disable gm_chrome or select "non-browsable webpage".

11. Post #91
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Ah, it appears to be a bug associated with playx_expire.

Open that file and on that line, change:
    Code:
    length = length + GetConVar("playx_expire"):GetFloat() -- Pad length
    to
    Code:
    local length = data.Length + GetConVar("playx_expire"):GetFloat() -- Pad length

12. Post #92
    March 2009
    135 Posts
    That fixed the error, but I'm unable to play anything unless gm_chrome is disabled or "non-browsable webpage" is selected.

13. Post #93
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Try disabling the JW player and see if that changes anything. Have you tried Vimeo? Images?

Post of the value of playx_jw_url here.

----

On another note, Gmod beta! No gm_chrome:

14. Post #94
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    New version 2.2 to make PlayX work better on Gmod 12. 2.1 works flawlessly for some people (everyone but me it seems), but the update makes it a bit more compatible. There were also quite a few bug fixes in 2.2.

15. Post #95
    January 2010
    1,012 Posts
    New version 2.2 to make PlayX work better on Gmod 12. 2.1 works flawlessly for some people (everyone but me it seems), but the update makes it a bit more compatible. There were also quite a few bug fixes in 2.2.

Sadly I'm Still getting a black screen which i tried in Single player but havn't tested it on my server, Is the Datastream fix still required for it to work?

16. Post #96
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    The datastream fix doesn't apply if you are in SP, and I don't think it's a problem anymore, so that's not it. Have you tried playing videos with JW player disabled?

17. Post #97
    January 2010
    1,012 Posts
    The datastream fix doesn't apply if you are in SP, and I don't think it's a problem anymore, so that's not it. Have you tried playing videos with JW player disabled?
    No, but i'll give that a try now.

EDIT: No Change but that was in single player, I'll give it a try on my server and see if that changes anything.

18. Post #98
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Add me on Steam: sk89q.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,236 Posts
    Sometimes the sound will stop working for some people until they restart GMod.

20. Post #100
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Does this happen when the video changes? I've heard from others that that happens, and it may even crash Gmod right afterwards.

Worse comes to worse, and if the problem is because the page changes, I can keep the page static and just do Lua<->HTML panel communication to change the video.

21. Post #101
    April 2010
    158 Posts
    Could you re-add the ability to change the FPS? Sometimes we use the player to just play music off of youtube and there is no point in having high FPS for music.

22. Post #102
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    The FPS setting no longer has any effect. Try it yourself with playx_fps in console.

Edit: I don't know if I ripped out the part that makes playx_fps has effect.

23. Post #103
    June 2010
    19 Posts
    It doesn't work for me.
    I installed the flash and did all but still i get this error in console

pcmod\sh_datastream.lua:65: bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got CRecipientFilter)

24. Post #104
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    PCMod conflicts with PlayX because PCMod uses an old version of something that comes with Gmod.

Put this in lua/autorun/rcpfilter.lua:

Code:
    local rcpFilterMt = FindMetaTable("CRecipientFilter")
    function rcpFilterMt:IsValid() return true end
    If that doesn't fix it, open up lua/pcmod/sh_datastream.lua (in your PCMod folder) and find "if rt == "CRecipientFilter" then". Change "RecipientFilter" to "CRecipientFilter".

25. Post #105
    June 2010
    19 Posts
    PCMod conflicts with PlayX because PCMod uses an old version of something that comes with Gmod.

Put this in lua/autorun/rcpfilter.lua:

Code:
    local rcpFilterMt = FindMetaTable("CRecipientFilter")
    function rcpFilterMt:IsValid() return true end
    If that doesn't fix it, open up lua/pcmod/sh_datastream.lua (in your PCMod folder) and find "if rt == "CRecipientFilter" then". Change "RecipientFilter" to "CRecipientFilter".
    changing recipient filter worked, but now i only hear sound like in the other addon of youtube player, this time i get this error

entities/gmod_playx/cl_init.lua:300: attempt to call method 'StartAnimate' (a nil value)

EDIT: I hear the sound but it is black, and same error comes for stoping the video.
    Timer Error: entities/gmod_playx/cl_init.lua:433: attempt to call method 'StopAnimate' (a nil value)

26. Post #106
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Hmm. I'm not sure, BUT wait until the next PlayX update.

I will be releasing a very important PlayX update (to coincide with the newest Gmod update) within this week, so be sure to be on the lookout!

27. Post #107
    June 2010
    19 Posts
    Hmm. I'm not sure, BUT wait until the next PlayX update.

I will be releasing a very important PlayX update (to coincide with the newest Gmod update) within this week, so be sure to be on the lookout!
    Great! I hope that one will work, finally i could rick roll my friend online hehe.

28. Post #108
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    2.5-beta:
    [LIST][*]playx-2.5beta-garrysmod.org.zip (the version you'd find on garrysmod.org)[*]playx-2.5beta.zip[/list]
    It's NOT in the beta channel SVN (yet) because Google Code is failing to commit.

What's new?
    [LIST][*]Updated for the newest Gmod update for better stability and compatibility.[*]Restored low framerate functionality.[*]Added Hulu (experimental) and justin.tv support.[*]Added more screen models.[*]Added PlayX repeater entity.[*]"Copy to Administrate" menu option added for bookmarks.[*]"Add as Bookmark" button on the Administrate panel added.[*]Added in a workaround for PCMod's bundling of an outdated datastream.[*]New default bookmarks![*]Updated news window to be smaller and pop external links out in the Steam browser.[*]Provider and handlers are now sent down the line and loaded automatically.[*]Made PlayX less noisy regarding debugging messages.[*]PlayX is now (theoretically) non-sandbox friendly.[*]API: Added PlayXIsPermitted hook.[*]API: Added PlayX.ResolveProvider().[*]Internal: Library functions moved to playxlib.[/LIST]
    Screenshots:

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    345 Posts
    2.5-beta:
    [LIST][*]playx-2.5beta-garrysmod.org.zip (the version you'd find on garrysmod.org)[*]playx-2.5beta.zip[/list]
    It's NOT in the beta channel SVN (yet) because Google Code is failing to commit.

What's new?
    [LIST][*]Updated for the newest Gmod update for better stability.[*]Restored low framerate functionality.[*]Added Hulu (experimental) and justin.tv support.[*]Added more screen models.[*]Added PlayX repeater entity.[*]"Copy to Administrate" menu option added for bookmarks.[*]"Add as Bookmark" button on the Administrate panel added.[*]Added in a workaround for PCMod's bundling of an outdated datastream.[*]New default bookmarks![*]Updated news window to be smaller and pop external links out in the Steam browser.[*]Provider and handlers are now sent down the line and loaded automatically.[*]Made PlayX less noisy regarding debugging messages.[*]PlayX is now (theoretically) non-sandbox friendly.[*]API: Added PlayXIsPermitted hook.[*]API: Added PlayX.ResolveProvider().[*]Internal: Library functions moved to playxlib.[/LIST]
    Screenshots:

Awesome! Keep it up! :cheers:

30. Post #110
    June 2010
    19 Posts
    OMG unbeliviable. Now i get
    playx/playx.lua:439: attempt to call field 'GetHumans' (a nil value)

I just quit, it will never work for me.

31. Post #111
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Ugh. It's a beta for a reason ;)

Open up that file up and change:
    Code:
            --filter = RecipientFilter()
            --filter:AddAllPlayers()

-- PCMod is a piece of crap
            filter = player.GetHumans()
    to
    Code:
            filter = RecipientFilter()
            filter:AddAllPlayers()

32. Post #112
    June 2010
    19 Posts
    Ugh. It's a beta for a reason ;)

Open up that file up and change:
    Code:
            --filter = RecipientFilter()
            --filter:AddAllPlayers()

-- PCMod is a piece of crap
            filter = player.GetHumans()
    to
    Code:
            filter = RecipientFilter()
            filter:AddAllPlayers()
    OMG!!! Now i get
    pcmod\sh_datastream.lua:65: bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
    I hate pc mod

EDIT: when i use jw player i get an ultra noob console spam (thats how i call it)
    entities/gmod_playx/cl_init.lua:340: attempt to call method 'GetHTMLMaterial' (a nil value)

Without i get datastream error like in the start of reply.

33. Post #113
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    You do have the very latest Gmod update?

Try using PlayX without PCMod installed.

34. Post #114
    January 2010
    1,012 Posts
    So far things are working perfectly on both my server and Singleplayer, I had a small problem with a fair amount of uploads on tinypic, But most of those a resized for a certain forum I go to so thats probably the cause for that.

I especially like the models you've included, the resolution for pictures and video's on the computer screens are a little small but It doesn't bother me that badly.

I'm very Impressed with the mod and it might get a few more people on my server for a movie night or something...

So again, Thank you.

35. Post #115
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Good to hear. What happened with the uploads? Didn't show?

36. Post #116
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Some people appear to be having consistent crashes with Webkit + PlayX, so if you are one of these lucky few people (or know someone with that problem), download this zip and put the Lua file into your garrysmod/lua folder:

http://playx.sk89q.com/tools/playx_crash_debug.zip

Start a single player game and then run in console:
    Code:
    lua_openscript_cl playx_crash_debug.lua
    Read the instructions. Remember to close console! PlayX is not required for the test.

37. Post #117
    likes men
    May 2007
    1,720 Posts

38. Post #118
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Yeah, PlayX is destroying webpages. I plan on looking into it.

39. Post #119
    December 2009
    362 Posts
    Bugs/issues:
    [LIST][*]Media Query: !playx seems to take anything, even invalid URLs (or maybe some provider is accepting the links)[*]Webpages are being destroyed by PlayX[*]Steam thinking it's in offline mode but not really + PlayX = Flash dialogs (not that this should be a common combination)[*]Shoutcast provider is too stringent about URLs[*]Need to implement crash detection to disable PlayX automatically[*]Need warnings about missing Flash Player[/LIST]
    If anyone has any other issues to report, do tell. I plan on making another beta sometime this week.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    915 Posts
    Please, have my babies.