1. Post #81
    August 2009
    860 Posts
    I hope Ridley Scott doesn't cave on that pg-13, lower budget bullshit
    He wants a 250 mil budget.
    Thats fucking ridiculous he doesn't need that.

As for the rating, he's Ridley Scott, if he doesn't get the rating he wants he'll walk.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    Goddamn it, skip this movie and work on Brave New World...

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,356 Posts

As for the rating, he's Ridley Scott, if he doesn't get the rating he wants he'll walk.
    I dunno, I'd rather see the movie just not happen if the budget gets cut. The Aliens have been shat upon for so long they really need a big movie like this to remind people that they aren't the Predator's little pets that can be squashed on a whim.
    Though it depends on how much they want to cut it down to. But I mean, if the man wants a 250 mil budget then he must have something truely big in mind, and he's Ridley fucking Scott so he'll do it right.

4. Post #84
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    $250 would make this tie for the third most expensive movie ever. Even avatar managed a lesser budget, though not by much, with $237 million.

5. Post #85
    August 2009
    860 Posts
    Superman returns still holds the most expensive movie title right?

6. Post #86
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,328 Posts
    They'd better not make it a PG-13. No way would they be able to make another Alien film that stood a chance of competing with the originals if they made it with a PG-13 rating.

7. Post #87
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    Superman returns still holds the most expensive movie title right?
    no

5/25/2007 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End $300,000,000
    5/4/2007 Spider-Man 3 $258,000,000
    7/15/2009 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $250,000,000
    12/18/2009 Avatar $237,000,000
    6/28/2006 Superman Returns Warner Bros. $232,000,000
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,679 Posts
    they spent three hundred mil on that pile of garbage PotC3?

hahahahahahahah what a delightful waste of money.

Edited:

aaaaaand spider man 3

9. Post #89
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    they spent three hundred mil on that pile of garbage PotC3?

hahahahahahahah what a delightful waste of money.
    They still made back nearly a billion dollars.

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,679 Posts
    yeah but they could have spent that money NOT producing a terrible film

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,441 Posts
    I hate 3D, but I love Ridly Scott.

fuuuck.

12. Post #92
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    I hate 3D, but I love Ridly Scott.

fuuuck.
    then watch it in 2D?

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    Ridley wouldn't do the "gimmicky shit that pops out at you and charge an extra $5"

It would be another Avatar-esque experience if he did it.

14. Post #94
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,061 Posts
    Personally, if Scott had a lower budget, he'd still make an excellent film.

15. Post #95
    Harold Ramis's No. 1 Fan
    June 2010
    2,844 Posts
    I might be late but it better be rated R Because It's not an ALIEN Movie without Headbites,Molecular acid burning through some poor sucker's flesh
    And bits of brains flying from the head when an alien pierces the skull with their pharyngeal jaws(for those who don't know what that is it's a fancy word for a second pair of jaws)

16. Post #96
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,210 Posts
    Ridley wouldn't do the "gimmicky shit that pops out at you and charge an extra $5"

It would be another Avatar-esque experience if he did it.
    But this would be worth it, because it would be A) great mind-blowing visuals and B) an original story line.

Seriously guys, do some fucking research before making posts. These new prequels are A) going to cover when humans and aliens make contact for the first time B) the origin of the space jockey C) the rise of The Company thing. Ripley will not be in this, she will not even be mentioned, nor will the lead role be an ancestor of her or any of that stuff. This is 100% original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    October 2009
    1,543 Posts
    I kinda want the space jockey to remain unknown, it added to the mystery of the Alien, but then again im desperate for more Alien movies.
    A movie about either the corporation or the jockeys would be sweet.
    Would be a pretty good opening for an ending too i guess, a jockey sitting down in that chair to die, fade to black, splashing sound.

18. Post #98
    August 2009
    860 Posts
    I might be late but it better be rated R Because It's not an ALIEN Movie without Headbites,Molecular acid burning through some poor sucker's flesh
    And bits of brains flying from the head when an alien pierces the skull with their pharyngeal jaws(for those who don't know what that is it's a fancy word for a second pair of jaws)
    I could do without super gore.
    It cheapens it.

Alien has very little gore. Sure the chestbursting was nasty but aside from that, you had a bit of blood flashing on the screen for a split second when Parker was killed, and you see Lamberts foot with a bit of blood on it.
    Thats pretty much it.

Gore isn't scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #99
    May 2010
    11,298 Posts
    It cheapens it.

Alien has very little gore. Sure the chestbursting was nasty but aside from that, you had a bit of blood flashing on the screen for a split second when Parker was killed, and you see Lamberts foot with a bit of blood on it.
    Thats pretty much it.

Gore isn't scary.
    thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,290 Posts

Apparently logistics is outside your purview.

He wants 250 million for two movies shot with stereoscopic lensing for true 3d and completely practical effects, which isn't even midrange for two projects.

It cheapens it.
    Alien was the goriest movie made to date at the time, and test audiences reacted so badly to Parker's original minute long death scene where the Alien literally pulled half his brain out that people literally ran screaming from the test theater, which prompted FOX, not Scott to shorten it to what it is now.

Research be thy friend and ally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

21. Post #101
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    Apparently logistics is outside your purview.

He wants 250 million for two movies shot with stereoscopic lensing for true 3d and completely practical effects, which isn't even midrange for two projects.
    where is it stated that the 250 million is for both prequels together and not just for each.

22. Post #102
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,290 Posts
    Any actual article about the movies, such as the group at Io9. Both are being shot back to back, which is why Scott wanted Rinsch, who has a hell of alot more time to shoot, and a lot more familiar with bleeding edge film techniques.

23. Post #103
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    Fox being upset over a budget of $125, plus the way everyone's been freaking out over the number doesn't make much sense. Them being upset over one film costing $250 million sure does. Even the article this was originally reported on never states that it's for both prequels together.

http://www.scriptflags.com/2010/09/a...ley-scott.html

Plus last I checked we were told the two films aren't being shot back to back. When did that change?

24. Post #104
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,290 Posts
    Months and months ago, when the final new Lindelof-edited script was delivered. The logistics of shooting in stereo on sets built specifically for that purpose also factored in to the decision. Scott doesn't have the time or inclination to go back to mothballed sets 6-18 months later and speaking of ridiculous money, FOX isn't going to lay out capital to rent out lots for the same amount of time while they aren't being used.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,036 Posts
    Seriously guys, do some fucking research before making posts. These new prequels are A) going to cover when humans and aliens make contact for the first time B) the origin of the space jockey C) the rise of The Company thing. Ripley will not be in this, she will not even be mentioned, nor will the lead role be an ancestor of her or any of that stuff. This is 100% original.
    He said Ridley not Ripley..

26. Post #106
    January 2008
    815 Posts
    SO yeah, for those that still remember this: rumors had been going about that a certain script that was getting passed along the internet was the script for the film. I hadn't been hearing very good things about it but that doesn't matter anymore, as one of the writers for Lost was hired to do rewrites. But there are still some big problems going on now. Ridley wants a HUGE budgeted ($250 million), R rated movie. Fox wants that budget cut big time and a more commercial friendly rating of PG13. So now we just have to wait and see what exactly is going to happen with that. Hopefully this will all still be worth the wait.

PG13, what the fuck?

Alien is meant to be an adults movie, not some kiddy friendly bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,120 Posts
    PG13, what the fuck?

Alien is meant to be an adults movie, not some kiddy friendly bullshit.
    Damn straight.

I pray that they use adult ratings. I need GORE and EROTIC MOMENTS and SOMTHING ABOUT ALIENS TO FAP ABOUT.

28. Post #108
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,210 Posts
    PG-13 = wider variety of audiences = more money.

Essentially, they want another AVP. But, it's Ridley Scott, he will kindly tell them to go fuck themselves. Plus, when FOX uses Alien as one of their 75th anniversary posters, I think Scott should get to do whatever he wants.

Look at that. It says 75 years of screams. That must mean that FOX has no problem with R rated horror/gore films, and Alien wouldn't work on any other level.

Also, Alien Director's Cut ftw.

29. Post #109
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Alien and Aliens are really good movies, and I hope these prequels will be on the same wavelength.

30. Post #110
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,899 Posts
    PG13 Alien? The hell Fox?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2008
    2,507 Posts
    PG13 Alien? The hell Fox?
    I was thinking the same thing

but its Ridly scott he wont let that happen....atleast i don't think so

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Also, Giger's back on the design team babeh. Fuck you Alien 3 and 4. Fuck you James Cameron. The master is back to teach yall bitches about some real freaky ass design.
    dicks everywhere.

33. Post #113
    August 2009
    860 Posts
    Also, Giger's back on the design team babeh. Fuck you Alien 3 and 4. Fuck you James Cameron. The master is back to teach yall bitches about some real freaky ass design.
    Have you seen his alien 3 stuff?

With the lips and stuff.
    Awesome work.

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,995 Posts
    Fox wants that budget cut big time and a more commercial friendly rating of PG13.
    Ffffffffuck that

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    If it has a PG13 rating, I am not watching it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,136 Posts
    Goddamn it, skip this movie and work on Brave New World...
    How would that work as a film? it's an interesting to think. But I reckon some bits of the book will be un-filmable. On the subject of Ridleys disagreement with the suits at Fox, he can just tell them to fuck off, they should know by now that a pg-13 rating and anything Aliens does not mix, and is bad for business and at the end of the day they want to make a profit. They should just let him loose.

Also Pg-13=wider audience=more money

could also be:

R=movie sells well and gets good reviews=good Blueray/DVD sales=

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    May 2010
    11,298 Posts
    Have you seen his alien 3 stuff?

With the lips and stuff.
    Awesome work.

From what I understand, his involvement with everything after Alien was very, very limited, if not completely non existent.

38. Post #118
    September 2009
    9,672 Posts
    They'd better not make it a PG-13. No way would they be able to make another Alien film that stood a chance of competing with the originals if they made it with a PG-13 rating.
    Quoteth for truth

Edited:

If it has a PG13 rating, I am not watching it.
    Same here... please Mr. Scott, an R rating! :/

39. Post #119
    May 2010
    11,298 Posts
    And I still say that Alien was the best movie in the entire franchise and is one of the pinnacles of design and cinematography in movies.

If they deliver something like Aliens and it's all actiony and over the top and completely not scary I'll send them very angry letters.

I want an Amnesia: The Dark Decent, not a Dead Space.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Why not?