Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,175 Posts
    Sorry, was confused. The video is just a PREVIEW of the upcoming trailer

2. Post #842
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,493 Posts
    Anyone know when the new trailer is officially released?

3. Post #843
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,175 Posts
    After it premiers at Wondercon maybe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #844
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,993 Posts
    I heard it was Saturday as in today, depending on where you live.

5. Post #845
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Now they're making teasers for trailers?

Christ, that teaser was enough to get me hyped.
    I think I'll pass on seeing the actual trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #846
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,303 Posts
    Hope it's awesome but I won't be watching it. Seeing the first trailer twice was enough to convince me to see it, no sense spoiling anything else.

Edited:

Anyone know when the new trailer is officially released?
    The trailer premiers at Wondercon or whatever at 7 pm EST. Expect the trailer to go online then, or shortly after.

Edited:

Live chat is replaying here
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/prometheus/#jumbo

7. Post #847
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,365 Posts
    Oh you have no idea about some people who like to make a big deal about the black guy dying first
    As far as I remember, Idris Elba was very sensitive about racism in movies, so probably he won't die first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEO3lmVy-tU Don't know if this was posted here.

8. Post #848
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,186 Posts
    New trailer

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #849
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,641 Posts
    HNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHH IT LOOKS SO GOOD

Awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #850
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,237 Posts
    Looks too good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #851
    May 2010
    11,297 Posts
    OH MY GOD

I just had an artgasm

ohhhh man that hasn't happened since the eighties
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #852
    November 2010
    532 Posts
    Oh man I shouldn't have watched that trailer.

Now I'm even more hyped.

Edit:At 1:26 I spy what looks like a Xenomorph on the wall/ceiling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #853
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,978 Posts
    Not only is there a xenomorph in a wall/ceiling, there's also a live facehugger at 2:04.

14. Post #854
    November 2010
    532 Posts
    Really? I don't see it at all.

15. Post #855
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,978 Posts
    It's moving about above Shaw, as she's in the machine it looks like it's being held above her face.

Edited:

Here you go, although it's possibly a chestburster - or something else entirely. http://filesmelt.com/dl/burster.gif

16. Post #856
    You had me at meat tornado.
    June 2008
    5,650 Posts
    That trailer was fucking amazing, hopefully the film is just as amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #857
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    RIP Alien ship

18. Post #858
    November 2010
    532 Posts
    It's moving about above Shaw, as she's in the machine it looks like it's being held above her face.

Edited:

Here you go, although it's possibly a chestburster - or something else entirely. http://filesmelt.com/dl/burster.gif
    That doesn't look much like a facehugger or chestburster to me.

It looks like some type of squid creature as I look at it closer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #859
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,641 Posts
    Wow that trailer gave away a lot.

I mean, like, the entire plot.

Wth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #860
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,175 Posts
    Looks like the civilization that created the Xenomorphs. I don't know...

21. Post #861
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,267 Posts

Wth.
    From the trailer, it seems like the tablets that they discover and believe to be an "invitation" turns out to really be a warning, which they realize when shit goes to hell. I feel like the underlying premise is eerily similar to the original Alien.

Edited:

Obviously the main antagonists of this movie are going to be squids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #862
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,909 Posts

Edited:

Alien prototype species?

23. Post #863
    February 2012
    2,837 Posts
    Obviously the main antagonists of this movie are going to be squids.
    I liked those Crysis squid aliens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #864
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,440 Posts
    I think there are going to be two alien races, one of the infected, and then the actual Jockey. In the trailer we saw people allegedly turning into those grey humanoids, the trailer also showed an apparent Jockey rising into a seat for a few frames.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #865
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,186 Posts
    you know, i'm jealous of whoever is the stand-in for the space jockey, they get to play some of the coolest aliens ever

26. Post #866
    February 2012
    2,837 Posts
    I think there are going to be two alien races, one of the infected, and then the actual Jockey. In the trailer we saw people allegedly turning into those grey humanoids, the trailer also showed an apparent Jockey rising into a seat for a few frames.
    No doubt some sort of hint or easter egg about the Xenomorphs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #867

November 2010
    488 Posts
    Shit, I must stop reading this thread now. Too much spoilers.

28. Post #868
    August 2009
    14,860 Posts
    they better get fucking stalked by some wierd lifeform or I am going to be severely dissapointed
    and is fox gonna censor it to like pg or will it be m/ma
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #869
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,641 Posts
    Yea what age rating is it?

30. Post #870
    August 2009
    14,860 Posts
    Alien related

During my incarceration last week, I stumbled across this while browsing a thread for sleeping thread in /mu/

Nostromo is a dark ambient album by a fellow who calls himself SleepResearch_Facility. Immediately, the first post of the thread was about his debut album Nostromo.

I know what you're thinking, and you're right. This album was designed to mimic the sounds of the ship, the Nostromo in the iconic movie Alien. It's also developed with sleep in mind, and the article says that it's been used on insomnia patients the like. To me this is awesome as shit, as I love stuff like that. Here's the wikipedia article.

Album Art

Tracks
    1 a-deck 14:01 14:00
    2 b-deck 11:52 12:03 The first column is the original release, and the second is the re-release
    3 c-deck 11:57 11:46
    4 d-deck 12:37 12:37
    5 e-deck 11:21 11:04
    (Re-Release only) Narcissus — 7:52

So yeah, I figured you guys might think this is cool. I have a mediafire link if anybody wants it.

Edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostromo_(album)

A Deck

C Deck

http://facepunch.com/threads/1095176?highlight=

Edited:

Nostromo is mainly inspired by the fictional spaceship of the same name in the 1979 science fiction/horror film Alien. Kevin Doherty, the single member of SleepResearch Facility, has described this film as "a masterpiece of dark atmospheres and brooding suspense", adding that it is "my all time favorite film".[2] At the beginning of the film, the ship is travelling through deep space, and its seven human crew members are unconscious in hypersleep. The ship is dark and quiet, but not silent – all manner of mechanical and electronic systems are slowly ticking over, producing a ceaseless flow of low background noise.

The album Nostromo explores this shadowy, haunting atmosphere, taking the listener on a deep aural journey through the ship's decks. In the film, the Nostromo has three decks (A, B and C),[3] but the album adds two more fictitious decks, D and E, with one CD track per deck. Each track flows smoothly into the next, with no gaps of silence in-between, and as with all of SleepResearch_Facility's music, Nostromo is very sleep-conducive if played at low volume. The bonus track Narcissus on the 2007 reissue is named after the fictional spaceship in Alien; the Narcissus is the lifeboat of the Nostromo.

The album's main aural components are: loops of deep pulsating bass (especially in "a-deck" and "d-deck"), washes of smooth industrial noise, mysterious droning synthesiser chords (particularly in "b-deck" and "c-deck"), electrostatic crackling, and other deep mechanical sounds. Kevin Doherty has said that the creation of Nostromo involved "synthesisers and such to generate things, lots of studio equipment like effects machines, radios, waves of feedback from analogue equipment looping back on itself and a big mixing desk to bind it all together on."[4]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #871
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,936 Posts
    New trailer

No matter how many times I hear that alien screech, it always sends a shockwave of JOY straight to my testicles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #872
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    4,049 Posts
    I hope the first scene is another slow pan around the Prometheus followed by the waking of the crew...    (followed by flashbacks of the Earth stuff, perhaps..)   

Do it Scott!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #873
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    What, that "AAAoooohh!!" they repeat over and over?

I dunno. I liked it at first, but It got slightly annoying imo.

34. Post #874
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    4,049 Posts
    What, that "AAAoooohh!!" they repeat over and over?

I dunno. I liked it at first, but It got slightly annoying imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #875
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    Yes, that one.

36. Post #876
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,978 Posts
    That doesn't look much like a facehugger or chestburster to me.

It looks like some type of squid creature as I look at it closer.
    Actually, you're right. Maybe it's a close relative of the facehugger.

37. Post #877
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,908 Posts

Wth.
    I thought so too. I'm sure there's a lot more to the movie but we already know the basic plot.

The same thing happened with Chronicle but that was still a very good movie.

Edited:

Also is this going to be shown in IMAX?

38. Post #878
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    720 Posts
    If none of the characters smoke, it'll kinda ruin the film for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #879
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,978 Posts
    I thought so too. I'm sure there's a lot more to the movie but we already know the basic plot.

The same thing happened with Chronicle but that was still a very good movie.

Edited:

Also is this going to be shown in IMAX?
    Yep.

40. Post #880
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,052 Posts
    Yea what age rating is it?
    I believe that it's going to be PG-13, sadly. But, even so, Scott's probably going to release some epic hard core R rated director's cut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)