Dennab
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    Oh shit, a crying robot.

2. Post #1042
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,377 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 14Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1043
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    theyre doing soo much viral shit for this movie

Still less than Cloverfield.

4. Post #1044
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,967 Posts
    the trust face really doesn't look like a trust face
    i wonder if that's intentional foreshadowing (he doesnt trust humans!!!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1045
    June 2010
    4,372 Posts
    hnnnng that dave video has put my hype on overload. It hurts waiting now.

6. Post #1046
    February 2012
    810 Posts
    the trust face really doesn't look like a trust face
    i wonder if that's intentional foreshadowing (he doesnt trust humans!!!)
    And his neutral face is almost exactly like his anger face.

7. Post #1047
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    So I'm guessing there isn't any xeno's on here?

I'm still confused about the plot all I know is they find something and shit gets outta hand quickly

I would say more but alien is so awesome I won't spoil it for anything...... not even spoiler tags!

8. Post #1048
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,146 Posts
    If this is following or at least loosely following the Alien canon, there is a bit of speculation:

We have all seen Ash and what his objectives were, later in Aliens Bishop states that back then they didn't have inhibitors meaning they could go crazy or they could harm humans and that they were slightly "twitchy". David pre-dates Ash by many years so he doesn't have this inhibitor and states that he can accomplish tasks that his human crew mates would find ethically distressing, it's all very ominous. However David could either aid the protagonists or imped them, from what I've seen the character could go either way.   

I also like the way Ridley is following up on the original old Weyland insignia from the first film, the Egyptian eagle wings. It's the little details that really make me excited for this new film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1049
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
       I really love how its almost impossible to tell at this point whether or not david will snap like ash did.   

Edited:

actually i think he fucked up because he got addicted to the alien for some creepy reason
    yeah he became infatuated with the monster, but he was still doing what he was doing to ensure he followed through with his directives
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #1050
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,146 Posts
    He admired it's "purity"

11. Post #1051
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    And his neutral face is almost exactly like his anger face.
    all his faces are practically the same face with very minute, subtle differences

not to say this is a problem with fassbender, he's a fantastic actor. I think anyone lesser would have trouble masterfully controlling his displayed emotions without falling into that dumb forced soullessness

12. Post #1052
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    all his faces are practically the same face with very minute, subtle differences

not to say this is a problem with fassbender, he's a fantastic actor. I think anyone lesser would have trouble masterfully controlling his displayed emotions without falling into that dumb forced soullessness
    he's almost too good......

nah he's perfect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #1053
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    BIG THINGS HAVE SMALL BEGINNINGS

14. Post #1054
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,587 Posts
    Right now Prometheus is starting to feel like Alien, why do I have a feeling at the end a female survives. And that David freaks out and attacks someone, or betrays his crew.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1055
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,678 Posts
    I think it would be a little unoriginal of Ridley Scott to have David to the exact same thing as Ash. He's better than that, but there will be a reason for an android being in the story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1056
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    Right now Prometheus is starting to feel like Alien, why do I have a feeling at the end a female survives. And that David freaks out and attacks someone, or betrays his crew.
    Even though I expect alot of great things from this I sorta agree

17. Post #1057
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    The DAVID module has been updated. And lmao they messed up a bit. The next module listed to be unlocked is ELECTRONICS. I noticed the url for the david one
    https://www.weylandindustries.com/site/david

and changed out david in the url for electronics and it worked

https://www.weylandindustries.com/site/electronics

it's incomplete but still, lol

Edited:

"BROCA DIALETICAL IMPLANT

Requiring no actual language-learning by the user, the Broca Dialectical Implant is the first of its kind. Embedded Interpretation Software (EIS) translates incoming dialects of any origin into fluent comprehension for the Broca user. An exclusive innovation from Weyland Electronics."

Hmm wonder if they're gonna be able to translate space jockey talk.

Edited:

Nothing else locked works.

Edited:

There's 7 weeks to go until release, and 6 modules remain. Looks like we can expect a new module every Tuesday from here on.

18. Post #1058
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,083 Posts

Fassbender's a badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #1059
    January 2008
    1,116 Posts
    "BROCA DIALETICAL IMPLANT

Requiring no actual language-learning by the user, the Broca Dialectical Implant is the first of its kind. Embedded Interpretation Software (EIS) translates incoming dialects of any origin into fluent comprehension for the Broca user. An exclusive innovation from Weyland Electronics."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babel_f...xy)#Babel_fish
    ???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1060
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,967 Posts
    I think it would be a little unoriginal of Ridley Scott to have David to the exact same thing as Ash. He's better than that, but there will be a reason for an android being in the story.
    The problem is that he kind of has to malfunction for the malfunction in Alien to make sense - in Aliens, bishop states the older models are known for being buggy and doing that kind of shit in retropsect.

Considering David is even older than Ash and they're both encountering a similar series of events which triggered Ash's 'malfunction', it wouldn't make sense for the even older model to be totally fine with it. He even states he's able to make decisions humans find unethical and distressing, unlike in the future where androids are programmed to never harm humans no matter what and just do what they say.

I mean, yeah it might suck if the same thing happens as in Alien. But it wuld also suck and not make sense if it didn't. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

21. Post #1061
    May 2011
    5,288 Posts
    Holy shit, Fassbender is so unnerving in that Happy Birthday David clip

He's good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #1062
    May 2011
    6,659 Posts
    I gotta say, I hope they don't do something totally pants-on-head retarded just so they can be "original", like that one theory that    David is turned into a living, breathing human being, sent back in time, and becomes the first human on Earth   .

Honestly, I'd rather it be just like Alien (crew finds monster, monster kills crew, the end) instead of something needlessly confusing and over-complicated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1063
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    yeah it might suck if the same thing happens as in Alien.
    I really don't mind it that much, it's still being executed totally different. Ash was a secret android who they thought was part of the crew, david is a creepy android we know from the start isn't human. That's enough of a difference for it to still be really interesting imo

that and the fact Fassbender is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1064
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    I noticed the url for the david one
    https://www.weylandindustries.com/site/david

and changed out david in the url for electronics and it worked

lol they finally noticed and removed the page. The only other thing worth noting on there was some technology for David that allows him to translate the dreams and thoughts of people into images.

25. Post #1065
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,678 Posts
    The problem is that he kind of has to malfunction for the malfunction in Alien to make sense - in Aliens, bishop states the older models are known for being buggy and doing that kind of shit in retropsect.

Considering David is even older than Ash and they're both encountering a similar series of events which triggered Ash's 'malfunction', it wouldn't make sense for the even older model to be totally fine with it. He even states he's able to make decisions humans find unethical and distressing, unlike in the future where androids are programmed to never harm humans no matter what and just do what they say.

I mean, yeah it might suck if the same thing happens as in Alien. But it wuld also suck and not make sense if it didn't. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Hmm well so long as it isn't a total copy from Alien and if he does malfunction, it should be some real reason and part of the story as opposed to trying to keep continuity. Bishop says that the older models were buggy but it doesn't mean that David has to malfunction too. Regardless this movie is going to be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1066
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,329 Posts

Ash never malfunctioned until Parker took his head off. He never had the Asimov bible to begin with. He replaced the standard doc three days before the Nostromo shipped, and his orders were to get a sample of the derelict cargo at ANY cost, and that's pretty much what he did.

Bishop's statement has nothing to do with Ash, and that kinda the point. Burke is talking out of his ass and Ripley and Burke both know it.

It's also rather unlikely for David to malfunction as that angle is already covered by two other people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1067
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    Pretty sure Ash was malfunctioning well before Parker knocked his head off.

He was sweating milk and shoving a goddamn magazine down Ripley's throat.

If that's not malfunctioning, I don't know what is.

28. Post #1068
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,329 Posts
    He shoved the magazine down her throat to kill her per s.o. #937.

He never had the Asimov bible to begin with.
    All other priorities rescindant

29. Post #1069
    August 2011
    410 Posts

shutup

30. Post #1070
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    353 Posts
    I agree with 27X. Burke explained it as a "malfunction" to comfort Ripley, but Ash was programmed from the start to make sure the Alien made it back. If killing the crew was the means to make that happen, then he was going to do it. Crew expendable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1071
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,083 Posts
    But still, just because David is an android doesn't necessarily mean that he's gonna murder the whole crew for the sake of the Space Jockeys.

Well, may be one or two...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #1072
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    There's 7 weeks to go until release, and 6 modules remain. Looks like we can expect a new module every Tuesday from here on.
    Well SO MUCH FOR CONSISTENCY >:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #1073
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    New featurette:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1074
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    Saw the latest trailer in front of the Avengers, goddamn does it look good on the big screen.

35. Post #1075
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,587 Posts
    Website opened almost all the links, and updated some pages.

I hope they add secret links to clips and what not, I really do.

Also, is it me, or does the yellow robot like vehicle look just like the one in Aliens: Colonial Marines game?

Edited:

I agree with 27X. Burke explained it as a "malfunction" to comfort Ripley, but Ash was programmed from the start to make sure the Alien made it back. If killing the crew was the means to make that happen, then he was going to do it. Crew expendable.
    David 8 is programmed to do things that his human crew may not like, so if he wants something done, David 8 would probably let his crew die just for it. Which is what Ash did.

I can see Prometheus taking the Alien approach with David 8, but I still have hopes that this film will be amazing.

36. Post #1076
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,248 Posts
    New featurette:
    Wow those sets are huge. And I didn't see a green screen at all. Very cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1077
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    what

Edited:

New featurette:
    "Woooo! You ready to do this!?"

As if people in a serious futuristic space exploration career talk like contemporary Hollywood's ideal of an urban black "gangsta"/football star.

Space, the final mothafuckin' frontier, you know'm'sayin'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #1078
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    Electronics is UP!... officially, this time lol

Edited:

huh that's weird, they removed the stuff I had quoted before, like DAVID's ability to transmit dreams to images, and the device the translates any language. So basically they took everything interesting off the page, cool great job.

Edited:

whoa wait what? ALL of the product modules are unlocked. Fuck sake I didn't predict worth SHIT.

Edited:

I'm still confused as to where the translator and dream machine went... >:(

Edited:

oh god

Edited:

yeah there's another Aliens reference on here, too

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

39. Post #1079
    May 2011
    6,659 Posts
    Saw the latest trailer in front of the Avengers, goddamn does it look good on the big screen.
    YOU LUCKY FUCKER, US YANKS GOTTA WAIT A WHOLE NOTHER WEEK.

40. Post #1080
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,587 Posts
    So the Power Loader was taken right out of Aliens, I hope there are more connections to the Alien Anthology in Prometheus.

Only difference is it looks cleaner and more bigger and possibly wider. Other then that, it's the same thing.