1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Did you even read the comics man?
    alien and predator aren't even in the same universe no matter what some shit comic says
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #482
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,901 Posts
    yeah sure whatever but I don't care what anybody says, AVP2 (the GAME) owns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,917 Posts
    Sequel: Prometheus vs Zeus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,144 Posts
    A lot of the custom MP/SP maps for that were fucking fun.

5. Post #485
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    I still play it online every now and then. Great game.

6. Post #486
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,574 Posts
    AJL mod for avp2 rocked, made shit closer to the movies and just made it more balanced in general

Edited:

also god DAMN that trailer

it reminds me of the trailers for Alien, both how the title shows up and how the trailer itself is put together

Edited:

this movie is going to fucking own

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,931 Posts
    yo what's with Darth Vader
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    February 2010
    1,015 Posts
    Will there be aliens from the original alien movie? I'd love to see the Alien come back to it's original horrifying juggernaut death machine form from the first film

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,614 Posts
    Will there be aliens from the original alien movie? I'd love to see the Alien come back to it's original horrifying juggernaut death machine form from the first film
    Already stated about a page or two ago that there are no 'xenomorphs'.

Hahahaha what a mockbuster.

10. Post #490
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,144 Posts
    Mongaloids are starting to say why is this ripping off dead space/why are they remaking Alien. Are people REALLY that stupid?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

11. Post #491
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,059 Posts
    In a word: yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,989 Posts

Anybody seen this yet? I couldn't find a larger size, but that looks like a Space Jockey to me.

13. Post #493
    You had me at meat tornado.
    June 2008
    5,651 Posts
    Looks fucking great, it's been a while since we had a great science-fiction film with aliens.

The last good one I can think of is District 9 really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,284 Posts
    Mongaloids are starting to say why is this ripping off dead space/why are they remaking Alien. Are people REALLY that stupid?
    There seem to be too main groups of idiots in the comments: The ones that think that this is copying dead space, and the retards who think that any trailer that has music with a double bass in it is copying inception.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #495
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    The only time I've heard a trailer and thought it's music was sorta copying inception was that snow white movie with kirsten stewart. The other complaints i never understood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #496
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,901 Posts

Anybody seen this yet? I couldn't find a larger size, but that looks like a Space Jockey to me.
    looks terrible, made with pre existing images, fan made
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #497
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,203 Posts
    Oh man, this is like that Twitard that thought Universal stole the idea of werewolves from Stephanie Meyer.

Also, my first thoughts of when playing Dead Space for the first time:

"It's like they made Alien into a game, fucking cool."

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,322 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 30Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #499
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,927 Posts
    Not even once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    hey
    August 2006
    6,087 Posts
    my boxers are full of fecal matter and semen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,989 Posts
    looks terrible, made with pre existing images, fan made
    Oooh! Where's the Jockey image from?

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,238 Posts
    Why can't all trailers be like this? I've never seen any of the Alien movies but this made me shiver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    I've never seen any of the Alien movies
    uhhhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #504
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    I've never seen any of the Alien movies
    scum

just kidding, if you ever want to see them just check out Alien and Aliens and then never watch the others. I mean, Alien 3 is a kind of a decent movie but it butchers the plot of Aliens by ignoring the ending and ruining shit. But the rest should be avoided.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    scum

just kidding, if you ever want to see them just check out Alien and Aliens and then never watch the others. I mean, Alien 3 is a kind of a decent movie but it butchers the plot of Aliens by ignoring the ending and ruining shit. But the rest should be avoided.

director's cut of alien3 is quite good, not on par with the first two but still a damn good watch, I disliked the theatrical cut though

Edited:

the games were awesome, everything else not so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,284 Posts
    Resurrection was by far the worst Alien film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

27. Post #507

September 2011
    251 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,917 Posts
    Resurrection was by far the worst Alien film.
    I don't want to watch it. Alien 3 - Director's Cut was a good film though. I don't want to see the theatrical version of that, because I've read the crap that it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #509
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    If the opening to alien 3 made any sense I'd have honestly enjoyed it more. Well made film, bad opening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #510
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,563 Posts
    Holy Jesus I wanna see that.

31. Post #511
    August 2009
    14,861 Posts
    Alien 3 directors cut was awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #512
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    I agree. It has the darkest/grimmest atmosphere of all four alien films except maybe the first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,176 Posts
    Funny how David Fincher himself hates his own movie

34. Post #514
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,287 Posts
    It's not his movie. He was fucked over at almost every step by Hill and Giler and never received a finished script because there never was one.

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    scum

It ignores the ending?

36. Post #516
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    It ignores the ending?
       ripley grenaded the part of the queen that made and laid eggs before it got anywhere near their ship soooo

not only that but trying to tell us that after a queen snuck on board nobody thought afterwards to check around the ship even a little is just stupid. bad opening. 

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
       ripley grenaded the part of the queen that made and laid eggs before it got anywhere near their ship soooo

not only that but trying to tell us that after a queen snuck on board nobody thought afterwards to check around the ship even a little is just stupid. bad opening. 

Then i can't understand how the facehugger could get inside that glass and attach on ripleys face and deattach without breaking the glass(which would interrupt the sleep i guess)   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,917 Posts
    Stop picking holes in Alien 3, it's nowhere near the greatness of the first, but as a stand-alone experience it's okay. Above average.

39. Post #519
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    Stop picking holes in Alien 3, it's nowhere near the greatness of the first, but as a stand-alone experience it's okay. Above average.
    It's a pretty big plot hole considering the rest of the movie stats off of something that doesn't make sense. Bad, lazy writing.

Should've taken a different route for the sequel. I still want to see a sequel that shows where the Aliens come from.

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    It's gonna be interesting to see Noomi Rapace in this. Especially since i haven't seen her in a non-swedish film yet.(have to see sherlock holmes 2 soon!).